Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

dracula vladdy AF posted:

This seems really weird to me. Why even have a change at all on most of the attachments if the difference is a single frame? Why not just have it not affect ADS speed at all?

Probably a compounding effect with other factors (movement speed, bullet speed, etc). I’m honestly just guessing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The difference is something like half a frame (at 60fps). When you have 3 attachments <1 you will actually be hitting 2 frames, so it's not a bad idea to take stippled grip tape or similar to counter.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Good gaming last night, ps4 guys!

I hope someone can post my pubbie-rear end getting owned by a shield

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Bananana posted:

That genuinely was a loving amazing moment in COD.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I've learned that while shields remain effective in Hardcore, knifing does not. That difference in ttk gets you blasted where you might have slashed a throat in normal games. Also thermite is absolutely lethal against shield and it makes me sad.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The CoD devs have always extremely overvalued things like one frame longer/shorter to ads and things like that. Blops 2's grip attachment decreased recoil by a whopping 2 percent. This isn't a fighting game where every frame matters. There's very few engagements that are decided by a one frame difference, especially when latency is involved.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

CascadeBeta posted:

The CoD devs have always extremely overvalued things like one frame longer/shorter to ads and things like that. Blops 2's grip attachment decreased recoil by a whopping 2 percent. This isn't a fighting game where every frame matters. There's very few engagements that are decided by a one frame difference, especially when latency is involved.

That's true. Rapid Fire in BO3 is another example, the bonus it provides is about a 6% boost in fire rate, which isn't even really able to be perceived on most guns and does nearly nothing to your time to kill. It's just kind of a waste.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Insert name here posted:

I was playing the campaign on days 1 and 2 like a hero so I can't be certain so maybe someone who did play MP can confirm, but as I understood it they were actually just part of the regular map rotation in the game modes so you could get Domination on say, Gun Runner (day) or Gun Runner (Night) randomly. I know they were a separate game mode in the beta, and I agree that NVG mode was awesome.

It’s weird because other people online seem to be saying this too, but I have played every day since launch as well as every day of both betas and I’ve never run into a night map outside of the NVG mode in the beta. Weird.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Really love that I have to reactivate the drat missions every time I play.
gently caress.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
To go with dailys barely working, missions are also super bust. The AK mission for example barely works.

CascadeBeta posted:

I don't think ADS is terrible approach and this stuff does actually add up. 5 frames is quite noticeable. I'm glad they didn't hit ADS too much in general.

It might actually end up too punishing as I don't think most of the stats are that valued. You are looking for a low bullets to hit kill gun that is forgiving (reasonable firing speed/accuracy/ADS time). They put a lot of "punishment" stats on things that make you more accurate which is by and large meaningless. An M4/Kilo/MP5 don't need them and none of them are going to make the Bizon good.

Post nerfs might make the attachments more interesting.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Hell, guess I'll just design the coolest or dumbest looking weapons if the difference is that small. I'm absolutely leveling the revolver so I can make a rifle stock revolver.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Bananana posted:

I'll try and get it uploaded after work tonight

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Invite sent for the PSN community; feel free to spam some friend requests and join parties.

Send me one too kri-kri79

i play xbone but im open to some dirty interracial action

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CascadeBeta posted:

I think that’s a holdover from how intensely powerful stuff like stopping power and juggernaut were in CoD4. I’d rather see a bunch of stuff be broken in a fun way though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

kri kri posted:

Send me one too kri-kri79

i play xbone but im open to some dirty interracial action

Done! :patriot:

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I appreciate it. Anyone know how i can view the group or whatever from the web? I hardly ever turn my ps4 on. Sorry I am an old

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

kri kri posted:

I appreciate it. Anyone know how i can view the group or whatever from the web? I hardly ever turn my ps4 on. Sorry I am an old

https://community.playstation.com/c...s_int-HaDX.html

It's not even a hundredth as active as the thread or the Discord, but it will show which members are playing.

The Discord link is in the OP.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 1, 2019

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i cant wait to get home and play

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

eonwe posted:

i cant wait to get home and play

Me too.

Gonna be so far. Like.

8 pm cst

gently caress.

And i got fam poo poo this weekend, so I'm not gonna be able to play Saturday and most of sunday.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Well I’ve given up on missions between not logging progress and constant resets

During that process however I did learn that hq is great for kills and weapon leveling. Park yourself offsite with a good angle and people will walk right past you with powerful hq tunnel vision

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

rap music posted:

During that process however I did learn that hq is great for kills and weapon leveling. Park yourself offsite with a good angle and people will walk right past you with powerful hq tunnel vision

Yes, people try to score points in objective games. That tends to happen.

Wonder why there’s so much camping in this game.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I'm mostly playing this game to relive my MW2 glory days back in college, and back then I would always make classes with the theme of being character's from Gaunt's Ghosts. I decided to make a Lijah Cuu "This dude is a huge loving rear end in a top hat" so I went with the 725 and a riot shield (or sometimes a knife), and ooooh boy is he an rear end in a top hat. Pop a smoke on the domination points and just go to town on people.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Ah sweet installing shaders for the third time, love 2 burn 20 minutes every time i update my drivers

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

The first class I made is Chewbacca which is the first MG set up for run and gun style and the cowboy rifle

i have fun w Chewbacca

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

colachute posted:

Getting spawn camped on piccadilly when you have 2 points in dom is really funny

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

rap music posted:

I don't believe they actually reset. My 75 kills one kept going to 0 but still counted.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I'm mostly playing this game to relive my MW2 glory days back in college, and back then I would always make classes with the theme of being character's from Gaunt's Ghosts. I decided to make a Lijah Cuu "This dude is a huge loving rear end in a top hat" so I went with the 725 and a riot shield (or sometimes a knife), and ooooh boy is he an rear end in a top hat. Pop a smoke on the domination points and just go to town on people.

Guess I don't have to ask your Larkin build

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

colachute posted:

Is cutting off reinforcements not ptfo? Or is the only acceptable method to repeatedly throw myself into a meat grinder

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

rap music posted:

Is cutting off reinforcements not ptfo? Or is the only acceptable method to repeatedly throw myself into a meat grinder

I’m sure you’re not a camper. You’re a parker.

E: your excuse is why everyone camps lol

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

rap music posted:

Someone worse than you will always find a way to criticize your playstyle.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Carecat posted:

I don't believe they actually reset. My 75 kills one kept going to 0 but still counted.

Yeah I guess I meant deactivating. Working on the last step of infiltrator has taken wayyy longer than it should because I played many rounds without remembering to reactivate

Also HQ caps don’t seem to tally properly

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

https://i.imgur.com/6273F4b.mp4

Was having a hell of a mixed bag last night with a buddy, but at least I avenged him by weaponizing a door.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Was having a hell of a mixed bag last night with a buddy, but at least I avenged him by weaponizing a door.

:clint::respek::jihad:

Statutory Ape posted:

The first class I made is Chewbacca which is the first MG set up for run and gun style and the cowboy rifle

i have fun w Chewbacca

Take all the + ADS speed attachments, run irons and drive pubbies nuts.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Take all the + ADS speed attachments, run irons and drive pubbies nuts.

Attachments don't actually matter, hth

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Attachments don't actually matter, hth

With my internet, even one frame of improvement makes the difference.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Are there any videos/numbers on the attachments and how they change the speed of things?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Jesus, that Spec Ops is hard.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
The more I play, the more the footsteps and involuntary callouts start to grate on me, it really punishes aggressive play way too much

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

My dream spec ops mode, tbh, is one that's fully beatable in single player and probably only gives marginal XP, but lets me zone out and listen to a podcast while shooting mans. Let me grind if I absolutely want to, y'know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

The more I play, the more the footsteps and involuntary callouts start to grate on me, it really punishes aggressive play way too much

My favorite is when you are trying to sneak up on somebody to do a finisher and your person screams they spotted someone.