Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

So why in the gently caress do i have to load shaders every time I start a game, or even switch game modes. Hell, even if I go in and let it load the single player shaders, I switch to multiplayer it has to load [b]those shaders, but if I switch back to single player it has to take 10 minutes to load the shaders again.

Is this how the game is supposed to be?

Besides the buzzkilling bug? I managed to finish the single player campaign yesterday and I actually enjoyed it, I think having the missions based on recent historic events makes me a bit uneasy though. I feel like maybe even 10 years ago this kind of stuff was taboo.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Nov 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Mister Facetious posted:

I thought the audio should be kept so I used Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPCCQXg5ZRY

Also this happened :sigh: :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5IeBi8gaAA

Everything about the first vid is perfect, from the surprise to the way the body falls and the killer looks down at it.

Dunno why you posted the ending to 2001 a space odyssey after that though

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

maniacripper posted:

I feel like maybe even 10 years ago this kind of stuff was taboo.

? Nah bro people have been at this awhile in entertainment, like every war movie contemporary to a war

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Bohemian Nights posted:

Ah sweet installing shaders for the third time, love 2 burn 20 minutes every time i update my drivers
Every time I have to install shaders (again) or the game crashes (which is fairly frequently) I wish I had went PS4 master race instead

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Statutory Ape posted:

? Nah bro people have been at this awhile in entertainment, like every war movie contemporary to a war

Yeah, like they were for sure propaganda films, but in WW2 like every piece of available entertainment media was somehow tied to the war.

Also, Xbros my GT is "CASTLE BR4V0" (no quotation marks) I dunno what my activision # is.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Is there some kind of google doc or list with everyone's activision id's? I'm on xbox and I'm pretty sure most of my old 360 squad buds from back in the day jumped to ps4 or pc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Did they fix the charm hip fire bug yet?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

Is there some kind of google doc or list with everyone's activision id's? I'm on xbox and I'm pretty sure most of my old 360 squad buds from back in the day jumped to ps4 or pc.

We have one pinned in the discord. Many goons filled out but not everybody. No matter what platform you’re on, come chill.

Threads bumping which Is awesome to see but every night we have had a crew playing and that’s cool to see. Even if we are on different platforms, believe me, we would all rather play with goons (whether we can talk together or not) than pubbies.

Yippee!!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Managed to for the first time in all my COD years get a 4.00 K/D, that was rad. Thinking I might just stick to TDM though.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Spawns are so bad in this game. Matchmaking seems not existent. I've yet to play a game with a full team and it's generally 4v4 wtf

How do you execute people?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So there’s achievements in the Barracks and apparently I killed someone by throwing a smoke grenade at their head.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

So there’s achievements in the Barracks and apparently I killed someone by throwing a smoke grenade at their head.

Not done that but i bet it feels better than a flash kill in CSGO

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Somehow, kill confirmed is even campier than any other mode.

Edit:

Night vision mode is cool but already seen folks spotting me in pitch black locations, guessing they've got brightness maxed.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 2, 2019

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
I longshot sniped the pilot out of a moving helicopter with the AX-50 and then that was the final kill of the game so everybody was forced to watch it. This was the high point of my Call of Duty day which is to say it was not super impressive except that I was impressed with it

Ground War is a clownshow in my SBMM bracket, which I assume is because I'm not good enough to hack it at the next tier up, but I'm "good" enough to maintain a k/d ratio that doesn't embarrass me to my friends; I achieve this by being the pancreatic cancer of FPS games and sniping relentlessly from start to finish so that my stat line looks like 3:1 kills to deaths with 0 captures/defends/assists. I'm that guy who jumps in a helicopter, does not let anyone else get in, and flies to the top of a skyscraper on Tavorsk and you'll never see me again whether the team is winning or losing

That said I like the idea behind Ground War the most because I used to prefer Battlefield (Bad Company 2 for life) and it feels more like Battlefield, and games go on long enough for emergent narratives to pop up, like I'll establish a rivalry with another sniper and curse up a storm whenever either of us kills the other ("got you you motherfucker" vs "goddamn that motherfucker got me")

I am significantly worse at playing an attacking, aggressive style in this game, and I think it's owed chiefly to map design more than to specific guns or equipment - there are just too many avenues to keep my eyes on when trying to play objectives in this way. I'm 30 now so my reflexes are garbage and I was never good at FPS games to begin with, so I compensated for my poor mechanical skill by being crafty or anticipatory, and that feels much harder for me in this game compared to previous installments or other FPS games. Every time I try to play a more aggro loadout I feel like I'm dying before I can even process what is going on, and because I am a huge baby I retreated to sniping in objective-based modes to pad my stats

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Does SBBM really work in a 64 player game mode? I’ve watched streamers get nukes fairly often in Ground War. There seems to be a much bigger variety of players in that mode.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's nearly impossible for me to have fun with this game in a 6 person party. it feels like the matchmaking is based entirely on how big your party is and it goes from fun to obnoxious as hell in no time flat as people trickle in.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Played some of the solo campaign. I especially liked Osamas compound: The Level and Benghazi Embassy: The Level. Really original stuff.

Oh cool another 7Gb patch. What the christ.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Tried to name a custom deagle “lube” and my xbox crashed

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The final kill cam was a Javelin passing through a Little bird that got blown up half a second before and smashing into a rooftop sniper :eyepop:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My last final kill cam was me shooting an AFK player. I felt so bad for the other team.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Tried to name a custom deagle “lube” and my xbox crashed

Incredible.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Skyarb posted:

Spawns are so bad in this game. Matchmaking seems not existent. I've yet to play a game with a full team and it's generally 4v4 wtf

How do you execute people?

First step: announce your presence, second step, hope they are either cool with it or are afk

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Dead Silence and luck

(Also holding down the melee button from behind and hoping it works)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lol, i executed often enough to unlock the kruger guy, or whatever his name is on the allegiance side.

And yeah, they USUALLY come about while I'm using dead silence.

anuj
Oct 14, 2005

~anime crew~
~R.I.P. Soap-san~
https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dqgzml/38_upcoming_multiplayer_maps_in_modern_warfare/

Some nerds datamined a bunch of poo poo. Looks amazing, only question is if Gun Course is the Trials thing.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

guts and bolts posted:

Ground War is a clownshow in my SBMM bracket, which I assume is because I'm not good enough to hack it at the next tier up, but I'm "good" enough to maintain a k/d ratio that doesn't embarrass me to my friends; I achieve this by being the pancreatic cancer of FPS games and sniping relentlessly from start to finish so that my stat line looks like 3:1 kills to deaths with 0 captures/defends/assists. I'm that guy who jumps in a helicopter, does not let anyone else get in, and flies to the top of a skyscraper on Tavorsk and you'll never see me again whether the team is winning or losing

But at the moment with the almost insta kill TTK in this game, this is the only feasible way of playing ground war, unless you really like constantly getting shot in the back from 100+ angles. Ground war seems like an afterthought they added just to see if they could eat up a bit of the Battlefield playerbase.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Cautiously optimistic that they'll take feedback to heart on the upcoming maps and streamline them a bit, while still keeping them fun, open and unpredictable.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

anuj posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/dqgzml/38_upcoming_multiplayer_maps_in_modern_warfare/

Some nerds datamined a bunch of poo poo. Looks amazing, only question is if Gun Course is the Trials thing.

Yesss, they’re bringing back Crash.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Are the servers dead or is it my internet

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Are the servers dead or is my internet

Since 1.06 I’ve been getting nothing but error 262146

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Servers are dead for me.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
The 725 meta is becoming unbearable, you have to have one or any indoor fight is pretty much lost before it start.
Everybody is running scavenger with one...

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
double post

Krogort fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 2, 2019

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I’m Upset

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

banned from Starbucks posted:

Played some of the solo campaign. I especially liked Osamas compound: The Level and Benghazi Embassy: The Level. Really original stuff.

I find it super weird that people are praising the campaign - this is anecdotal obviously - when there's only one and a half interesting levels (Benghazi Embassy Jingoist Tourism and Piccadilly Circus Terrorism Extravaganza) and .5 interesting characters among the main four (Farah)

GyverMac posted:

But at the moment with the almost insta kill TTK in this game, this is the only feasible way of playing ground war, unless you really like constantly getting shot in the back from 100+ angles. Ground war seems like an afterthought they added just to see if they could eat up a bit of the Battlefield playerbase.

I guess it worked on me then, that's the main reason I enjoy it despite its obvious flaws. I also feel like most Ground War is 24 people queuing up solo per side, and if you go into it with 2-3 buddies you can easily control the outcomes of most matches by simply working together and being a coordinated team

The most "afterthought" game mode for me is the Spec Ops missions, which seem to be impossibly, brutally difficult unless you're playing with a full team of solid players who know what to expect going in - I've cleared Headhunter and Kuvdala either through sheer force of will or actively cheesing, and both Paladin and Crosswind have seemed at first blush to be ludicrously impossible if you're queuing solo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What do people who hate it want from the 725? If it's not a 1 hit kill what's the point of it? The other shotguns would just be objectively better and it would be pointless. Seems like the whole point of a shotgun is to wreck poo poo point blank.

My only gripe with it is that some of the barrels make the effective range wayyy too long. I hope they don't gently caress up my shorty though. Indoors with a sawed off 725 is the only time this game actually lets me run and gun.

E: wow I typed the word "point' in that post way too much lol

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 2, 2019

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Todays update:

11/2/19 - Title Update/Playlist Update

More fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms
Battlechatter has been removed from tactical, one-life modes
APCs and Tanks in Ground War no longer award points towards a nuke
Fix for charms affecting weapon performance when firing from the hip
Claymores: Stun grenades can now force claymores into a disabled state for 3 seconds
Footsteps: Adjustments to tame the 3rd person footsteps. They will now filter out based on occlusion more.
Fix to an issue where Tac Inserts could cause players to spawn out of bounds
Fix for the gold camo not unlocking on the .357
Playlist Update
NVG (TDM only)
Ground War
Gunfight
Kill Confirmed
FFA

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Manxome Foe posted:

Claymores: Stun grenades can now force claymores into a disabled state for 3 seconds
Footsteps: Adjustments to tame the 3rd person footsteps. They will now filter out based on occlusion more.
NVG (TDM only)

yes
yes
yes

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Manxome Foe posted:

Todays update:

11/2/19 - Title Update/Playlist Update

More fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability across all platforms
Battlechatter has been removed from tactical, one-life modes
APCs and Tanks in Ground War no longer award points towards a nuke
Fix for charms affecting weapon performance when firing from the hip
Fix to an issue where Tac Inserts could cause players to spawn out of bounds
Fix for the gold camo not unlocking on the .357
Playlist Update
NVG (TDM only)
Ground War
Gunfight
Kill Confirmed
FFA

Some good stuff in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

The battlechatter thing is a start, at least.