Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Roman posted:

MoCo is pretty dreadful and only good for the Randy scout kills, which is also dreadful even in MoCo

This thread gets some terrible takes.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

MMF Freeway posted:

My favorite for MoCo has been a 110 hc with opening shot. One hit kill headshots that I definitely do not deserve to be getting

You can get a headshot with Jade rabbit cross map by vaguely looking at them. It's dumb as hell.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:hmmyes:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

MMF Freeway posted:

My favorite for MoCo has been a 110 hc with opening shot. One hit kill headshots that I definitely do not deserve to be getting

Try the the offensive Vex scout with opening shot... It works :black101:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

limaCAT posted:

Try the the offensive Vex scout with opening shot... It works :black101:

yeah im using that with snapshot sights and lol, it owns.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
So, 21% delirium with the actium war rig is how I've been deleting the entire game + machine gun scav and reserves.

I had to stop using it because it became boring

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

I wish I had a war rig and a hmg

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

So, 21% delirium with the actium war rig is how I've been deleting the entire game + machine gun scav and reserves.

I had to stop using it because it became boring

I have two loadouts right now, war rig and a collection of auto rifles + hammerhead, or sturm+drang+wormgod caress. They're both stupid but mow through casual pve and are different enough to keep things fresh.

I got a neat full auto + swashbuckler drang from minaj so I can go full ham with that and store up charged rounds to obliterate yellow bars/bosses.

edit - wormgod caress with bottom tree striker and the artifact mod that buffs arc melee is yellow bar deletion too.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

It holds like 210 rounds in the mag with 200 spare and the actium just shunts in like 30 bullets at a clip. With kill tally doing x3 damage or whatever it's hilarious.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

My other set up which I find more fun is exit strat SMG, the rig with two grenades and a grenade launcher with scav and reserves w/ the anti boss mod on it

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

TheTrend posted:

I wish I had a war rig and a hmg

You can fix the latter problem at least, go pick a Hammerhead from Black Armory.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

xzzy posted:

I have two loadouts right now, war rig and a collection of auto rifles + hammerhead, or sturm+drang+wormgod caress. They're both stupid but mow through casual pve and are different enough to keep things fresh.

I got a neat full auto + swashbuckler drang from minaj so I can go full ham with that and store up charged rounds to obliterate yellow bars/bosses.

edit - wormgod caress with bottom tree striker and the artifact mod that buffs arc melee is yellow bar deletion too.

I find the full auto side arms feeling really good to shoot without much deviation.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Draxion posted:

You can fix the latter problem at least, go pick a Hammerhead from Black Armory.

You can also farm BA weapons from each alt as the 2 frames a week you get are per char not per account.

It's really easy to finish as well if you have access to the Vex Offensive to farm the powerful enemy kills.

Although arguably your time is better spent working for a currated one like 21% Delirium or Edgewise (which does require to have an HMG)

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

FileNotFound posted:

You can also farm BA weapons from each alt as the 2 frames a week you get are per char not per account.

It's really easy to finish as well if you have access to the Vex Offensive to farm the powerful enemy kills.

Although arguably your time is better spent working for a currated one like 21% Delirium or Edgewise (which does require to have an HMG)

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same requirement but for the "kill 25 powerful enemies" step, I just load into Leviathan with sleeper and kill the two lines of 3 guards. 6 kills per run, it goes pretty quick. Depends on if your focus is just getting the forge run complete or if you're content completing the requirement as you do other activities

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Radiant seeds drop ten at a time from lost sector bosses. Why do people say reload Leviathan four times it's such a waste

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

One round half round of EP? Maybe the boss. It’s super fast.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

bsamu posted:

I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same requirement but for the "kill 25 powerful enemies" step, I just load into Leviathan with sleeper and kill the two lines of 3 guards. 6 kills per run, it goes pretty quick. Depends on if your focus is just getting the forge run complete or if you're content completing the requirement as you do other activities

Man - I never think about Leviathan....this is a good point. I still like Vex because I'm farming vex offensive for the undying title....

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 4, 2019

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Radiant seeds drop ten at a time from lost sector bosses. Why do people say reload Leviathan four times it's such a waste

Seeds are easy it's the 25 oranges with a power that's a pita.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oh I keep forgetting that step because I never bothered with hammer head

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Just go to the moon and do the public escalation event anytime you need powerful enemies

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Glenn Quebec posted:

Just go to the moon and do the public escalation event anytime you need powerful enemies

It's not that easy as you need to get the kill it seems. And on the moon they're just getting blasted by 8 other pubbies and are huge bullet sponges.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The moon warsat and vex events are good they have a bunch of weak orange bars

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

wiegieman posted:

Seeds are easy it's the 25 oranges with a power that's a pita.

Same cabal dudes at the entrance of the leviatan raid works to complete the powerfull step and the seeds. But the seeds are more fun in other parts of the game..

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

FileNotFound posted:

It's not that easy as you need to get the kill it seems. And on the moon they're just getting blasted by 8 other pubbies and are huge bullet sponges.

That's the way it is no matter what friend. Plus those tend to repeat a lot.

Maybe the mars escalation then

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Why do people call the Majors orange bars?! They are clearly yellow bars, just like the bosses!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

IronSaber posted:

Why do people call the Majors orange bars?! They are clearly yellow bars, just like the bosses!

This conversation only ends in madness

Also yeah just do the moon, you're knocking out powerfuls while doing it and if the other pubbies are stealing your kills my advice is, shockingly, kill faster

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

IronSaber posted:

Majors are called yellow bars though? There are orange bars too, they are usually like souped up minor dudes. Maybe people are colourblind?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Orange bars early in D2 were rigged to always drop heavy ammo. The orange bars still exist, but the heavy ammo guarantee was removed.

The the difference in shade between yellow and orange is pretty subtle though, you won't really notice it unless the two are right next to each other.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

When you get bored of playing hitbox goatse with Jade Rabbit in moco and need a break, go grab a Skyburner's Oath from collections and equip Transversive Steps / Stompees / Lion Ramparts for a few matches. Jump veeery quickly around the map spamming seeker bullets as you go until you get shot down.

No it's not good, in fact you'll probably be in the bottom half of your team more often than not, but it's fun as gently caress and it's about as distant a playstyle from JR laning as you can get while still advancing that accursed scout rifle kill count.

(Love Jade Rabbit, I had masterworked it like six months ago, but 450 kills is a slog with any gun.)

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 4, 2019

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Mars EP would always gets me whatever greebles/steps within two rounds for frames?

Last night I solo'd the first part of the new dungeon, was feeling pretty good about myself, then stubbed my toe on a rock and died.

*sad trombone*

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

NihilCredo posted:

When you get bored of playing hitbox goatse with Jade Rabbit in moco and need a break, go grab a Skyburner's Oath from collections and equip Transversive Steps / Stompees / Lion Ramparts for a few matches. Jump veeery quickly around the map spamming seeker bullets as you go until you get shot down.

No it's not good, in fact you'll probably be in the bottom half of your team more often than not, but it's fun as gently caress and it's about as distant a playstyle from JR laning as you can get while still advancing that accursed scout rifle kill count.

(Love Jade Rabbit, I had masterworked it like six months ago, but 450 kills is a slog with any gun.)

Put on the gambit smg and a rapid fire frame fusion and clown on scoped dudes

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tei posted:

Anyway Fortnite 2 and Overwatch 2 are not really new games. They are re-releases of the original updated with the current content (that is very different than the original one).

Overwatch 2 is like "Overwatch 1" 2.0

Is a different type of 2.0 that things like Doom 2 or Borderlands 2.

That's literally what doom 2 was though. A level pack for the Doom engine, plus the super shotgun. Pretty sure you can just run the .wad file with the doom 1 executable.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

That's literally what doom 2 was though. A level pack for the Doom engine, plus the super shotgun. Pretty sure you can just run the .wad file with the doom 1 executable.

While you're right about the first part, you absolutely cannot do that. Doom2 uses an entirely different level structure, and the Doom1 exe has no clue what the SSG is.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Elysiume posted:

Is there a trick to maxing out your chalice other than patience?

I've been running the weekly bounties from the menagerie robots on Nessus or in the tower on an alt. This week's aren't too terribly bad, and chalice tokens are chalice tokens.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
Merciless is loving amazing in pvp with the catalyst. It's an erentil with max range and stability, built in feeding frenzy and kill clip. You can one shot a super with kill clip active, and even if it isn't, a non-lethal hit will make your next voop come out much faster. I don't know why nobody uses this, but i ain't complaining.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Because we don't have the catalyst

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Merciless is loving amazing in pvp with the catalyst. It's an erentil with max range and stability, built in feeding frenzy and kill clip. You can one shot a super with kill clip active, and even if it isn't, a non-lethal hit will make your next voop come out much faster. I don't know why nobody uses this, but i ain't complaining.

It’s not the same impact type as an erentil, for starters.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong due to the wonkiness with its being an exotic, but it’s not 95 impact

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Like I've had the actium war rig day one and no sweet business because this accursed earth considers me an effront or something and God is cruel and real and gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Glenn Quebec posted:

Like I've had the actium war rig day one and no sweet business because this accursed earth considers me an effront or something and God is cruel and real and gay

You’ve been missing your Xur engrams