Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

mrmcd posted:

I am in Munich this week and one of my colleagues from this office has an electric scooter and they made him buy a license plate for it. All the Americans made fun of it.

Anyway enjoy your #carchat, I hope Ole Musky does something funny and dumb soon.

is it a day that ends in Y?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bulgakov posted:

That doesn't even work in German!

also hail satan

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

gschmidl posted:

That doesn't even work in German!

also hail satan

satan is universal :twisted:

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

g

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Combat Theory posted:

I'm just here to teach ze German language, ja.

Luddism by the way translates to "Maschinensturm" which verbally means "Machine Assault"

I think this phrase is the clear winner.

the luddists were smashing machines to fight against automation putting them out of jobs, not technology in general, so this makes sense and is a good translation

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
new filings in the unsworth case

quote:

·1· · · · A.· ·Yes.
·2· · · · Q.· ·Then you get the 420 going private; have
·3· ·financing arranged.· That was a problem, wasn't it?
·4· ·That was in August?
·5· · · · A.· ·Okay.
·6· · · · Q.· ·And the rescue's kind of sandwiched in
·7· ·between those very real problems you were having at
·8· ·Tesla and then the problems created by your tweet
·9· ·about going private at 420, right?
10· · · · A.· ·Last year was a bad year.
11· · · · Q.· ·For you?
12· · · · A.· ·Yeah, probably worst ever.
13· · · · Q.· ·I mean, you said some things that were
14· ·just totally inappropriate publicly, didn't you,
15· ·sir?
16· · · · A.· ·Certainly I've made some statements I
17· ·regret; no question.
18· · · · Q.· ·And one of those statement was your
19· ·references to Mr. Unsworth as a pedo guy?
20· · · · A.· ·Yes.
21· · · · Q.· ·And then the SEC got you, and you had to
22· ·pay a $20-million fine.
23· · · · · · ·MR. SPIRO:· Objection; relevance.
24· ·BY MR. WOOD:
25· · · · Q.· ·Right?· You had to pay a $20 million

·1· ·fine?
·2· · · · · · ·MR. SPIRO:· He can answer that question
·3· ·about the fine.· It's vague.
·4· ·BY MR. WOOD:
·5· · · · Q.· ·I am asking.
·6· · · · A.· ·Yes, I paid a $20 million fine.
·7· · · · Q.· ·And you publicly said about that
·8· ·20 million fine that it was related to your tweet,
·9· ·right?
10· · · · A.· ·Yes.
11· · · · Q.· ·You --
12· · · · A.· ·There will be more on that at some point.
13· · · · Q.· ·I'm sorry?· I'm sorry.· What did you say?
14· ·There will be more on that at some point?· What did
15· ·you mean by that?· The SEC matter?
16· · · · A.· ·Let's move on to your next question.
17· · · · Q.· ·I'm just trying to figure out what you
18· ·said on the record.· I didn't understand.
19· · · · A.· ·I have no further comment.
20· · · · Q.· ·You wish you hadn't said that, don't you?
21· · · · A.· ·I have no further comment.
:thunk:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

20· · · · Q.· ·You wish you hadn't said that, don't you?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gschmidl posted:

:same: (but also it's happening right now with his idiotic musings on spaceships)

It's fun to watch the hopes and dreams of the true believers on other parts of the forum crash when they realize they're getting Concorde 2.0: inaccessible unless you're rich.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Hell yeah posting on page 666

mrmcd posted:

I am in Munich this week and one of my colleagues from this office has an electric scooter and they made him buy a license plate for it. All the Americans made fun of it.

Anyway enjoy your #carchat, I hope Ole Musky does something funny and dumb soon.

The Germans count them as motorized vehicles, which is why hundreds of people got DUIs on them at Oktoberfest and lost their license

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

hail satan

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TESLAcharts/status/1191722574528569346?s=20

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

It's fun to watch the hopes and dreams of the true believers on other parts of the forum crash when they realize they're getting Concorde 2.0: inaccessible unless you're rich.

concorde was accessible if you were - well, not poor, but certainly not rich. you could get a trip out around the bay of biscay (including supersonic flight, first class meal, and trip to the flight deck in those heady 20th century days) for around 250 quid, which was only a week's average salary at the time - not cheap, but well within the budget for a lot of people. i still regret i never got round to doing it.

of course even if that sort of beano was a possibility with elon's weird dreams there's absolutely no loving way he'd do it because that would basically be turning his pristine vision into something for the paups, something he would never, ever do

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

MomJeans420 posted:

Hell yeah posting on page 666

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Pff at all these johnny-come-lately satan hailers

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

can someone explain this to me? I have no idea what it all means but it sure sounds funny!!!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

go play outside Skyler posted:

can someone explain this to me? I have no idea what it all means but it sure sounds funny!!!

allegedly musk had dinner with chapo’s wife and immediately after one of his ships 180s and backtracks 150 miles to jamaica

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqcOVzx4CqY

Come, come to the Sabbath
Down by the ruined tracks
Witches and demons are coming
Just follow the magic recall
Come, come to the Sabbath
Down by the assembly tent
Later on the master will join us
Called from the heart of Hell
First we light up the battery fire
And then we hail our Lord
Two models , a 3 and Y
Are placed upon the altar
North, South, East and West
And so we clean the air
High Grimez invoking the devil
Infernal a names are spoken

Come to the Sabbath, Sabbath
The ceremony's proceeding
It's time to grant your preorders
And evil curse on the screen
Who took the cash of Melissa
Now we must close up the ritual
Lead the Elonchian key
And so it will be done, Amen, now come
Come to the Sabbath, Sabbath

If you say profit I say a castle of lies
You say forgive him I say revenge
My sweet Elon you're the one

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 5, 2019

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

concorde was accessible if you were - well, not poor, but certainly not rich. you could get a trip out around the bay of biscay (including supersonic flight, first class meal, and trip to the flight deck in those heady 20th century days) for around 250 quid, which was only a week's average salary at the time - not cheap, but well within the budget for a lot of people. i still regret i never got round to doing it.

of course even if that sort of beano was a possibility with elon's weird dreams there's absolutely no loving way he'd do it because that would basically be turning his pristine vision into something for the paups, something he would never, ever do

also the concorde only had one fatal accident in 30 years, while musk's spaceship will probably explode the first time they turn it on

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

more...!

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
bazinga!

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

hail ole smokey

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry

Sagebrush posted:

also the concorde only had one fatal accident in 30 years, while musk's spaceship will probably explode the first time they turn it on

So what you’re saying is that in the past 30 years, Musk’s watertowerspaceship has had fewer accidents than the Concorde? Sounds safe to me.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

klafbang posted:

So what you’re saying is that in the past 30 years, Musk’s watertowerspaceship has had fewer accidents than the Concorde? Sounds safe to me.

I mean, that logic’s not that far off pointing to Corcorde’s one fatal crash as a good record.

It flew so little that that one crash makes it the deadliest airliner this side of the Comet.

737 Maxi were flying for las than two years, but in that time they still demonstrated a safety record more than three times better than Concorde’s.

Of course, Concorde’s atrocious rate is one fatal crash in a hundred thousand flights. Rockets are maybe one in just one hundred now.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

but i think even the c8 automatic is still a torque converter
8spd DCT. They could have gone with an 8spd ZF that'd be 97% as good and spent the money on not-a-loving-LT2 but GM's gonna GM.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 5, 2019

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i know TeslaCharts posts a lot of funny stuff but they also regularly link to Breitbart and other nazi news sites

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Isn't there some shipping regulation department that would notice this and investigate? Dunno if this happens often and isn't even a red flag. I imagine every boat ever is being tracked like crazy because of the possible TERRORISM being shipped here.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i know TeslaCharts posts a lot of funny stuff but they also regularly link to Breitbart and other nazi news sites

A significant amount of the TLSAQ folks are chuds, sadly.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

"a confederacy of dunces posted:

More than 90% of survey respondents told Bloomberg they believed that Tesla's Autopilot technology has made them safer. This is despite the fact that some of those same drivers said the driver-assistance system had put them in a dangerous situation.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

iospace posted:

A significant amount of the TLSAQ folks are chuds, sadly.

for a long time I was vaguely skeptical of claims about musk and tesla being bad because they were mostly coming from people like my chud uncle, who‘s into hating tesla because he’s the kind of guy who attempts to own the libs by claiming the air coming out the tailpipe of his fuckoff huge turbodiesel truck is cleaner than the air it took in

then I started learning more specifics and welp broken clock theory is real

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

BobHoward posted:

for a long time I was vaguely skeptical of claims about musk and tesla being bad because they were mostly coming from people like my chud uncle, who‘s into hating tesla because he’s the kind of guy who attempts to own the libs by claiming the air coming out the tailpipe of his fuckoff huge turbodiesel truck is cleaner than the air it took in

then I started learning more specifics and welp broken clock theory is real

yeah not liking tesla because it's a way to turn nerd money into absolution for the very real damage automobilism does to our cities is one thing

not liking tesla because you associate a big gas engine rumbling you through the seat of your pants in your little air conditioned box you take with you everywhere while you complain into your phone about safe spaces with masculinity is another

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

so, it;s impossible to say if its good or not,

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

There are definitely $TSLAQ that are like that, but I haven't seen TeslaCharts do that. I did a quick search and he did retweet some Breitbart tech news twitter account once, but it's certainly not common. Though also, Twitter's search really, really, really sucks, so I could be missing it. A lot of them link to ZeroHedge, which should always be taken with a big grain of salt. I've heard TeslaCharts on podcasts before and he really doesn't come across as a chud, but anything is possible.

Part of it is the people that really understand these things and have experience in finance/investing tend to be older and wealthier, so they're going trend towards conservative view points (though not usually far right).

poemdexter posted:

Isn't there some shipping regulation department that would notice this and investigate? Dunno if this happens often and isn't even a red flag. I imagine every boat ever is being tracked like crazy because of the possible TERRORISM being shipped here.

I would say I doubt it's actually drug related, but with Musk and Tesla who knows. They have multiple ships that weren't moving, so there were theories that there were some other holdups, but I didn't see a clear winner in terms of the most likely explanation. At any given time there are incredible amounts of boats in the ocean, which is a very big place, so I don't think there is someone watching every boat to make sure it ends up where it's supposed to.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

"sure, the car puts me in dangerous situations, but it's fewer dangerous situations than I would otherwise personally cause while driving, so it's a net gain!"

-- literally the tesla stan logic. No, like, literally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
worst part is, it might even be true