Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The man called M posted:

Saw a video of some nerd online, what's all this about Tim Drake becoming a duck? :psyduck:

Drake

It writes itself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The man called M posted:

Saw a video of some nerd online, what's all this about Tim Drake becoming a duck? :psyduck:
Daring duck of mystery. Champion of night...

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

X-O posted:

Drake

It writes itself!

Apparently, according to that guy, since Tim is a duck instead of a Robin, and Dan DiDio said they won't be killing any Robins, that means Tim will die soon. Even though,

*Technically, Dick and Jason aren't Robin's either
*Batman and Robin Eternal established, "Once a Robin, always a Robin".

Is this what they call, a "Bad Fan-theory"? :psyduck:

Edit:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wffpetTunm0&t=435s

The video I mentioned. Didn't want to curse the thread with it, so I didn't embed it.

Edit 2: I apologize for screeching the thread to a hault. I shall commence reading All-star Batman and Robin as punishment.

The man called M fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 3, 2019

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
RIP Vertigo. Didn't get the proper send off it should have, which is kind of sad for something that revolutionized comics.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I didn't even notice that Hellblazer had the Black Label logo instead of Vertigo.

If there weren't situations with Border Town, Second Coming and Safe Sex, it would've been a much more notable final year. The Sandman stuff is fantastic, but it's not really the same new concepts and creator-owned work.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 5, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man, LOSH is beautiful.

Looking forward to getting my eyes on Becky Cloonan Doom Patrol and Nick Derington Young Justice too. Not a bad week for fill-in artists.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Was it any good?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Nothing too exciting happening (other than neato art) just a bunch of dorky teens excitedly showing Superboy around, but I thought that was lively and fun.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Batman Universe continues to be fun and entertaining and nicely executed artwise.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So in regards to Batman, is Bane dead now ?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Holy crap Tom Taylor's Superman is boring and dumb.

Superman had to break his longtime vow to not euthanise someone in incredible pain, who was not going to get better. The horror.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Cassa posted:

Superman had to break his longtime vow to not euthanise someone in incredible pain, who was not going to get better. The horror.

Tom King.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

how does this keep happening

like it's a running joke on Taylor's twitter that any time a divisive Tom King comic comes out he gets a bunch of angry tweets

they don't even share initials, its literally just their first names

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I can't believe Tom Wiseau ruined Batman.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I can't believe Tom Wiseau ruined Batman.

Oh hi, Clark!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Cassa posted:

What comic is this?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Ughhhhhhh I should have realised. Tom Taylor just gets Superman.

Mr Hootington posted:

What comic is this?

Superman: Up in the Sky

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
It's really interesting to compare Up in the Sky to Batman Universe, because I feel like Batman Universe is exactly what you'd want to see in a comic sold at Walmart -- a fun, lighthearted adventure through the DC universe starring Batman -- whereas Tom King's Superman comic is about Superman going into space and being miserable and worrying about Lois Lane dying and euthanizing aliens.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Madkal posted:

So in regards to Batman, is Bane dead now ?

Sure looks like it to me. Of course with the reboot coming it seems all continuity is being thrown out the window for instance in the Nightwing Annual Dick's parents were apparently shot to death in front of him they didn't fall from a trapeze and no its not his memories being hosed with because Damian says it too. This apparently happened in ASMAR and the costumes they're wearing in the flashbacks match that as well so Earth-31 is either bleeding or this whole story is set there or ugh so meh, at this point I'm just waiting for the apple cart upsetting that will occur after Doomsday Clock is done.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Oracle posted:

Sure looks like it to me. Of course with the reboot coming it seems all continuity is being thrown out the window for instance in the Nightwing Annual Dick's parents were apparently shot to death in front of him they didn't fall from a trapeze and no its not his memories being hosed with because Damian says it too. This apparently happened in ASMAR and the costumes they're wearing in the flashbacks match that as well so Earth-31 is either bleeding or this whole story is set there or ugh so meh, at this point I'm just waiting for the apple cart upsetting that will occur after Doomsday Clock is done.

I stopped reading Nightwing a while ago but this sounds nutty. What in the world are they doing?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

X-O posted:

I stopped reading Nightwing a while ago but this sounds nutty. What in the world are they doing?

the whole "Ric Grayson" thing was set up by the Court of Owls

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The current rumor is a new generation of heroes (5G) replacing the Justice League, or something. If that's true, it doesn't really sound like a continuity reboot (edit: though I haven't actually been reading through BC's articles, so I dunno) That'd all spin out of Snyder's stuff and a 2020 event, probably not Doomsday Clock.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 8, 2019

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doomsday Clock won't be done until 2037, so of course not.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/topherflorence/status/1192281300910170112?s=21

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Teenage Fansub posted:

The current rumor is a new generation of heroes (5G) replacing the Justice League, or something. If that's true, it doesn't really sound like a continuity reboot (edit: though I haven't actually been reading through BC's articles, so I dunno) That'd all spin out of Snyder's stuff and a 2020 event, probably not Doomsday Clock.

Was that really much of a 'rumor?' The stuff on BC made it seem very well developed. I coulda sworn an official DC thing tweeted about the bit of Wonder Woman being the world's first superhero that was on the same style of giant Excel sheet with all the other continuity revisions from the BC articles.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jesus what an ugly thing.

Creative burn though, points to that guy.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

So he is officially going by Drake now?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Madkal posted:

no more Red Robin (yum) jokes I guess

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Was that really much of a 'rumor?' The stuff on BC made it seem very well developed. I coulda sworn an official DC thing tweeted about the bit of Wonder Woman being the world's first superhero that was on the same style of giant Excel sheet with all the other continuity revisions from the BC articles.

The pictures you're speaking of came from an actual DC presentation they were just so small that only part of them could be read properly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The G5 part of the publicly shown graph was empty. I think the last thing it had was Jon returning to Earth, so the future is totally rumor till they reveal it, or Rich gets photographic proof, or Rhyno takes another spying trip to the DC offices.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 8, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I won't be back in LA until April.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Madkal posted:

Its genius. Who would suspect a protoge of the Batman would be so stupid as to make his code name his actual last name?

(and no, Grayson was the name of the comic book, he went by Agent 37).

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tim's new costume and name suck.

Tim Drake sucks now. Good job DC.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Cassa posted:

It's a shame Superman Up in the Sky is so lame, because I think Andy Kubert's squat, wide Superman is a great look for the character.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Which villain releases the diss track revealing Tim likes to text 14yo girls and has a secret baby living in Vancouver

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

Which villain releases the diss track revealing Tim likes to text 14yo girls and has a secret baby living in Vancouver

obviously the riddler but his verses are too cryptic and metaphorical for anyone to actually make out, simultaneously frustrating and delighting him to no end

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

LoL.

I irl chuckled.

Ugenesis
May 1, 2003

site posted:

I don't get it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ugenesis posted:

I don't get it.

The rapper named Drake is a pedophile, and has been called out for it in diss tracks from other rappers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugenesis
May 1, 2003

Skwirl posted:

The rapper named Drake is a pedophile, and has been called out for it in diss tracks from other rappers.

Ah. Thanks.