Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

what is your favourite performance from an actor you mostly don't like, mine is tom cruise in magnolia

Jared Leto in Requiem for a Dream, Kevin Spacey in anything, Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glenross. Chevy Chase in Caddyshack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Chris James 2 posted:

I’m finally looking forward to to a Nicolas Cage film again. The Color Out Of Space, out in January

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agnpaFLo0to

Oh. My. Stars.

Favorite Nic Cage movie? Gone in 60 Seconds. Best? Vampire's Kiss.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

what is your favourite performance from an actor you mostly don't like, mine is tom cruise in magnolia

Tom Cruise in Interview with the Vampire, though Collateral runs a close second.

Cruise is an amazing villain, but he always wants to play the (young!) hero and it really only works in the Mission Impossible films. Plus, you know, he's loving insane.

He's also extremely good in Tropic Thunder.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

jesus WEP posted:

Jeremy Renner in Arrival

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

LividLiquid posted:

I'm too scared to go to a tech subforum for this:

For years, I used Google Voice as my texting app because I could open a browser window to it and there my texts would be. They discontinued Voice and switched to Hangouts. As of today, I can no longer do SMS messaging from Hangouts.

Android messages doesn't have a browser interface I can open on my computer. Anybody have a successor to Voice and Hangouts they know about?

I use the built in Messages app on my Pixel and it has a web interface. I think you have to enable it and/or link your browser, I've rarely used that function to date.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like russell crowe very much but liked him in the renowned good film 'The Quick and The Dead'.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I feel like people are divided on how they’re answering the question - the spirit of the question seems to be “which actor do you normally dislike the performances of except for one specific performance” which is how most have answered but some are definitely answering with “which actor do you dislike on a personal/legal level” (e.g. Kevin Spacey)

which is interesting because I feel like that line of answers would just become one-upsmanship of the worst people until settling on like “Robert Wagner is funny in Austin Powers and also murdered his wife”

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 7, 2019

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Blast Fantasto posted:

I feel like people are divided on how their answering the question - the spirit of the question seems to be “which actor do you normally dislike the performances of except for one specific performance” which is how most have answered but some are definitely answering with “which actor do you dislike on a personal/legal level” (e.g. Kevin Spacey)

which is interesting because I feel like that line of answers would just become one-upsmanship of the worst people until settling on like “Robert Wagner is funny in Austin Powers and also murdered his wife”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38sp3ur6_lw

I definitely took it as actors you think are dickheads and the other way is infinitely more interesting.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I had a boner with a capital O

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I think Jeremy Renner is a bad actor AND a dickhead and I think Arrival doesn’t work as well with a lot of other actors in his spot

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pinwiz11 posted:

I use the built in Messages app on my Pixel and it has a web interface. I think you have to enable it and/or link your browser, I've rarely used that function to date.
It does, but you need to use your phone to unlock it on a computer-by-computer basis, which defeats half the purpose, as if you need to get your texts from your phone without your phone, you need your phone to do it.

One time I bought a floppy drive whose drivers came on a floppy disk, for use in said drive. Which won't work without said disk. This kinda' reminds me of that!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

LividLiquid posted:

I'm too scared to go to a tech subforum for this:

For years, I used Google Voice as my texting app because I could open a browser window to it and there my texts would be. They discontinued Voice and switched to Hangouts. As of today, I can no longer do SMS messaging from Hangouts.

Android messages doesn't have a browser interface I can open on my computer. Anybody have a successor to Voice and Hangouts they know about?

I use the Your Phone app for Win 10. If you pair your Android to it via Bluetooth you can send and receive texts from it along with picture attachments. Now I don't know of one that works without your phone in the vicinity though.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It was so nice just having them tied to my Google account so I could get to them anywhere. I'm really annoyed with how often Google just stops doing cool poo poo it used to do.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My sister's pretty much a bitch.

"Did you take Tracker to the vet for that eye infection?"

"That gunk? It's cleared up."

"Well my vet said it won't clear up without antibiotics, so I'm not going to bring my dogs over if you're just going to handle this au natural."

-

This is the same sister who implied that I was all but abusing Bella because I fed her Pedigree.

It's such stupid petty little nonsense, but it gets under my skin.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if pedigree still uses BHA as a preservative, it actually is quite bad since its cumulative effects are not well-known and there are many cases of it causing tumors in lab animals. But i am sorry about your sister, who is clearly still something of a 2008 Pet Islander. what i really wanted to say on here was that kevin spacey is such a hammy actor that he actively worsens anything that was an otherwise good project. he has made some bad/kitschy stuff better however. Thank you all for putting up with this controversial post that was never asked for or desired.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

LividLiquid posted:

It was so nice just having them tied to my Google account so I could get to them anywhere. I'm really annoyed with how often Google just stops doing cool poo poo it used to do.

Really though Voice still exists, I promise

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.googlevoice&hl=en_US

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Terry is everything I dreamed of. :allears:

His recovery sucks but he gets super special moves so it's a wash.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

I'm really annoyed with how often Google just stops doing cool poo poo it used to do.
this is the #1 reason why i never use google products

:rip: google wave
:rip: google reader

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just bought Death Stranding. Hyped to spend the next sixty hours as a spooky postman.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Google Wave was cool as hell. I made a wave of nothing but Kanye bots interrupting each other.

No idea what practical uses it could be used for. Like a free form writer’s white board.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I heard it was real good for playing D&D online with people.

People running, like, little leagues liked it, too, apparently.

I never found a use, myself, but there was clearly value there, but they couldn't put in ads or get out ad data, so of course they 86ed it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Just bought Death Stranding. Hyped to spend the next sixty hours as a spooky postman.

I think I'll pass if for no better reason than my comp probably isn't up to spec at this point and I don't want to get PS Plus just to enable the online features of one game.
(I mean, I assume you need that for those features)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you dont

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Nice. I may cast it a sideways glance at some point.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The first 30 minute long cutscene came after about 10 minutes of running around. Hideo Kojima is definitely back.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The first 30 minute long cutscene came after about 10 minutes of running around. Hideo Kojima is definitely back.

i’m picking this bad boy up after work tomorrow and i got enough weed to recreate my mgs4 experience. my body is ready. my mind, sharpened.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Said 30 minute cutscene includes them saying the name of the game and Norman Reedus's bare rear end so it's off to a winning start.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

WatermelonGun posted:

i’m picking this bad boy up after work tomorrow and i got enough weed to recreate my mgs4 experience. my body is ready. my mind, sharpened.

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to need a long weekend and a twelve-pack to get through this sucker.

Then again, I'm the idiot who just pre-ordered Fallen Order.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

CobiWann posted:

Yeah, I have a feeling I'm going to need a long weekend and a twelve-pack to get through this sucker.

Fallen Order looks good, friend.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm just not feeling pulled towards Death Stranding right now. I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale. I know it will feel amazing if it's anything like MGS5 but I don't know how much I want to play Fed Ex Sim in Ghost Town right now.

Meanwhile I'm monster hunting in FF15 currently lol.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

CobiWann posted:

fallen order actually looks good. i will not be buying it until it’s on sale just because i’m so very, very tired of that franchise in general even though there hasn’t been a good video game in like a decade

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I have a Pixel and Fi, so voice.google.com redirects me to my Fi account payment page.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Are you only allowed to be the good guy baby delivery man or can you play chaotic evil and yeet them around like Halo 2 plasma grenades?

$60 may hang in the balance

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

To my limited understanding of the game that is a big 'no'.

But Death Stranding aside...
Looking to kill some time between now and Pokemon. I have DLed both Warframe and Destiny 2. Any opinions on which one is better?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

To my limited understanding of the game that is a big 'no'.

But Death Stranding aside...
Looking to kill some time between now and Pokemon. I have DLed both Warframe and Destiny 2. Any opinions on which one is better?

warframe is better but i didn’t really enjoy either.

the answer is death stranding.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

One of these is 60$ the other 2 are free.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Felt cute, might whatever, etc.

https://twitter.com/SofaJustice/status/1192616043950166016?s=19

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

One of these is 60$ the other 2 are free.

eh warframe is free destiny is “free”

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

WHOOOOO! Go girl energy.
Be yo' best valid girl self.

WatermelonGun posted:

eh warframe is free destiny is “free”

I can speculate as to what that means as I have not played it yet.
And after going through the trouble of DLing it I don't even know if I want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1192563348304547849

This is my most looked at, commented and liked tweet ever. That's right I'm the internet's new hot take scooper.