Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Tennessee would probably accept this as a reasonable way to determine mayor.

But I heard guarantees were void in Tennessee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

MassRafTer posted:

Prick Okada

Wait, as opposed to what? Balloon Okada??

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Who's the lineal mayor of Knox County?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has Michael Cole ever had a "career defining" call? JR has several, especially Mankind/Taker HiaC.

He's a damned good professional, shown especially when Lawler had that heart attack live on TV but I don't know if he's had anything like JR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7b61zoFycY

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Who's the lineal mayor of Knox County?

Whoever currently holds the 24/7 title considering Kane lost it to R-Truth back in September. So Samir Singh is the lineal Mayor of Knox County.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Whoever currently holds the 24/7 title considering Kane lost it to R-Truth back in September. So Samir Singh is the lineal Mayor of Knox County.

This is assuming that Kane is the first mayor of Knox County to perform in a wrestling match and I need to see proof.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

This is assuming that Kane is the first mayor of Knox County to perform in a wrestling match and I need to see proof.

Did Kane have any matches after he was elected besides the 24/7 title matches?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Did Kane have any matches after he was elected besides the 24/7 title matches?

oh after he was sworn in? just the 24/7 stuff. in the run up to the election and while campaigning yes.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Like I said, Samir Singh is the lineal Mayor of Knox County.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
But who is lineally Rock Bottomed into dog poop?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Whoever Davey Boy hit the running powerslam on after and then whoever received that wrestler's finisher etc.

So probably still Davey.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Prick Okada vs 2005, kind of broken down beloved legend Kobashi would be my pick.

This post reminded me of Tanhashi vs Shiozaki in NOAH in 2010 where Tana is being his heel prick self and Go is just sort of just going through a typical match when he really should of been just chopping the hell out of Tanahashi. But than that's why Tanahashi is the Ace and Go is well in NOAH's midcard

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Whoever Davey Boy hit the running powerslam on after and then whoever received that wrestler's finisher etc.

So probably still Davey.

I seriously had to talk myself out of tracing this. I'm not gonna.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

ban every single person who didn't reply with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGt4TL5sJbA

So obvious Vince is just shouting “say it again!! Say it again!! The dog poop!” into his ear while laughing like a psycho

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Stopped clock etc

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.wwe.com/videos/steve-austin-has-a-message-for-the-ecw-locker-room

is this the best Austin promo?

i say yes

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Austin is a scary scary dude. Look at his 1996 and 2001 stuff, the man plays a psychotic abuser very well.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!
Plays?

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What's the best WWE game, gameplay-wise? I remember going through several iterations of Smackdown vs RAW and I thought 2006 was the most solid? I made The Prince of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy as a heel CAW there

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loved Here Comes The Pain, but also I think the last wrestling game I actually played was Smackdown vs. Raw 2006.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Schneider Heim posted:

What's the best WWE game, gameplay-wise? I remember going through several iterations of Smackdown vs RAW and I thought 2006 was the most solid? I made The Prince of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy as a heel CAW there

Personally for me it's Here Comes the pain. The previous year's entry really upped the animation and moves and this added a lot of branching storylines for a 2 year career mode. It was my go to wrestling game for most of high school and college.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Shut Your Mouth was good.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Jerusalem posted:

I loved Here Comes The Pain, but also I think the last wrestling game I actually played was Smackdown vs. Raw 2006.

I liked the one right before that, Shut Your Mouth. IIRC, HCTP was when they started to a veer bit more toward making the gameplay slightly more realistic and slower paced, whereas in SYM you can cheese it so that you're using all of your biggest moves (minus finisher) and putting people through tables within seconds of starting the match, and nobody's weight mattered, so anybody could lift The Big Show, even though IRL nobody can lift The Big Show (he's too big).

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think you can still climb on the Smackdown Fist and jump off buildings in Time Square in HCTP so they hadn't completely lost their way yet

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Schneider Heim posted:

Wrestlemania 2000.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shine posted:

so anybody could lift The Big Show, even though IRL nobody can lift The Big Show (he's too big).

It's impossible :hai:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Jerusalem posted:

It's impossible :hai:

Cue Brock throwing Big Show around the way Big Show throws Rey around

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

fatherofmustard posted:

Shut Your Mouth was good.

As somebody who: both plays video games for story, and has always wanted to be a wrestler, Shut Your Mouth is the best wrestling game I've ever played.The storyline is incredibly long and has a lot of options on what you can do. I noticed a lot of games after SYM were very short and very linear and I hated it because they wouldn't let me be a Heel.

Granted, I haven't played a wrestling game since 2007.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Schneider Heim posted:

My favorite is still No Mercy and nothing else comes anywhere close for me.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I was assuming he meant specifically WWE era game, which would exclude Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

No Mercy if you mean WWF/WWE wrestling game.

If you mean just WWE Era then it's Smackdown vs Raw 2006.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

WWF No Mercy is def the best WWF/E game gameplay wise.

But Here Comes The Pain will always be my favorite. The season mode was a blast and it rewarded you losing with new story branches, which was always fun. Every now and again I think about dusting my PS2 off to play the angles I only ever got once or ones I never got period. But it really stole my heart because you could stack two tables on top of the SD announce tables and doing a Bubba Bomb through them or setting up a ladder on top and jumping off it. I remember watching guys on YouTube use Action Replay Max or Gamesharks to allow a ton of tables to spawn and it just blew my loving mind.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Huntman posted:

I remember watching guys on YouTube use Action Replay Max or Gamesharks to allow a ton of tables to spawn and it just blew my loving mind.
I did that back in the day, it ruled. The game would crash (or maybe just start lagging like crazy, I forget) if you pulled out more than 12 or 13 tables.

You could also use Action Replay to add weapons (including that giant pile of tables) to Hell in a Cell matches in HCTP, which ruled as well.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Foley had 4 distinctively different gimmicks. Cactus, Mankind, Dude Love, and himself.

Every single one of them competed in a WWF Championship match.

Has anyone else come close to this? For clarity, it would be completely different gimmicks. I wouldn't, for example, count Thuganomics Cena and Fruity Pebbles Cena as different characters. If I did, Foley would be at 5 since boiler room Mankind and Socko Mankind both had title matches

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd argue late-era Mankind and regular Mick were basically the same as well.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

HCTP was the best for storyline, and, for me, what was the best feature: it retained whoever were the last champions when you started a new one, instead of returning to the default champions. You could even quit the career mode half way through, and start a new one, and it wouldn't reset the champions.

SYM wasn't bad, but making you literally run around backstage after every match in hopes of progressing really brought it down. HCTP jettisoned that in favor of a menu which was infinitely superior.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gaz-L posted:

sweatpants and loose tie mankind was basically mick foley in a mask, which was definitely good, but yeah

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Foley had 4 distinctively different gimmicks. Cactus, Mankind, Dude Love, and himself.

Has anyone else come close to this?
Closest I can think of: Ed Leslie has fought for the WCW title as both the Butcher and the Booty Man, and he fought for the WWF Intercontinental and Tag Team titles several times as Brutus Beefcake.

I expected some other guys who have had a lot of gimmicks to make the list, but e.g. Kane didn't fight for any titles as Isaac Yankem.

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, come on. Next you're going to tell me that The Artist is the same character as Goldust, or that 6-Pac is the same guy as Syxx!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Has anyone else come close to this? For clarity, it would be completely different gimmicks. I wouldn't, for example, count Thuganomics Cena and Fruity Pebbles Cena as different characters. If I did, Foley would be at 5 since boiler room Mankind and Socko Mankind both had title matches

Rapping Cena and Fruity Pebbles Cena were pretty much as distinct as Foley's gimmicks. They were all the same dude.

It's not like The Destroyer where he was WWA Champion as The Destroyer and AWA Champion as Dr. X and changed up everything he could about the way he wrestled so people wouldn't figure out the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

When did they first start referring to Mick offhandedly by his real name, I kinda remember it being really early in his WWF run