Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Cyks posted:

Has anyone experienced black friday at Costco before? Ours is typically full with no parking spots available and an hour line to leave the lot so I can't imagine it being any worse but I'm going to be super hungry after dinner with the inlaws .

Is dinner on Friday? They won't be open for Thanksgiving and will run regular hours on Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Don't forget that Hillary also did a book signing at Costco some years back, I hope you complained then as well

https://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/hc-hillary-clinton-brookfield-book-tour-20170915-story.html

you just "but her emails"ed a costco thread dude

good job for having convictions, pennywise!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I wan't aware of Hillary doing a book signing. Shouldn't be done at a Costco according to their policy.

Regardless, Donny Half-Scoop is a horrible human being and I don't want him tainting the promised land. He can go gently caress himself.

Chat, call, provide feedback to Costco.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like some one...is TRIGGERED :smug:

BOOM ROASTED!

gently caress Scottsdale. gently caress Arizona. gently caress that Costco in particular. But most of all, gently caress Trump Jr.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Cyks posted:

Has anyone experienced black friday at Costco before? Ours is typically full with no parking spots available and an hour line to leave the lot so I can't imagine it being any worse but I'm going to be super hungry after dinner with the inlaws .

Costco on Black Friday usually isn't very busy. Maybe a rush right when they open but that's about it. They will have some deals that I haven't looked at yet, but usually the Black Friday deals are good but not much better then the coupon deals they normally have. And they do open early on Black Friday, but it's just an hour early I believe, which would be 9am. And by then the people who shop on Black Friday have already done their shopping for the day.

You probably don't have to worry about Costco being busy the day after Thanksgiving, it's the day before Thanksgiving that's going to be chaotic nightmare at Costco.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Anyone ITT doing grocery delivery from Costco in :canada:? I'm considering getting a membership if the delivery isn't bad.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Jingleheimer posted:

Costco on Black Friday usually isn't very busy. Maybe a rush right when they open but that's about it. They will have some deals that I haven't looked at yet, but usually the Black Friday deals are good but not much better then the coupon deals they normally have. And they do open early on Black Friday, but it's just an hour early I believe, which would be 9am. And by then the people who shop on Black Friday have already done their shopping for the day.

You probably don't have to worry about Costco being busy the day after Thanksgiving, it's the day before Thanksgiving that's going to be chaotic nightmare at Costco.

Thanks.
The food part was a failed joke but they have a 65" TCL for sale that I'm interested in and I wasn't sure if they were a line up at 2am type of place but it's also available on their website so I'm thinking 30 minutes before opening should be fine.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Jingleheimer posted:

so many pumpkin pies. They sell 1,750,000 of them in the 3 days before Thanksgiving

https://www.mashed.com/167911/the-untold-truth-of-costcos-pumpkin-pie/

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Anyone ITT doing grocery delivery from Costco in :canada:? I'm considering getting a membership if the delivery isn't bad.

Hmm is that only in Ontario?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

priznat posted:

Hmm is that only in Ontario?

I put my postal code in and they said it was fine for what I was testing, and I'm in NB. I know the 2 day guarantee is only in certain places like Ontario, though.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to eat healthier. Besides their quinoa salad, roast chicken, al pastor salad, and chicken noodle soup, what else is good to grab for a light meal?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

UltraRed posted:

I'm trying to eat healthier. Besides their quinoa salad, roast chicken, al pastor salad, and chicken noodle soup, what else is good to grab for a light meal?

"Healthier" is kinda broad. Are you doing a certain diet? Cutting sodium intake?

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Frozen veggies, pan roasted.

This thread likes Normandy Blend.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

"Healthier" is kinda broad. Are you doing a certain diet? Cutting sodium intake?

I meant more foods to grab to take to the office or grab on my lunch break. Healthier as in not fast food quality bad. Something that's decently filling but not completely loaded with empty carbs. Like their wraps tend to be.

I dunno, but if I did, I'd probably be buying it already. I've been trying out their soups, and they're pretty good.

Moey posted:

Frozen veggies, pan roasted.

This thread likes Normandy Blend.

I love their stir fry stuff, but I can't really cook it at the office :/

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The problem with eating healthier is that the true secret to it is meal prep.

So you have all the lean chicken breast and mixed vegetables in the world available to you in Costco but it's up to you to figure out what the gently caress to do with it.

Even the pre-packaged salads are terrible, for much as I love them, because the dressings are calorie bombs. Whenever we go on a health kick we wind up going to Costco less because we need more ingredients and fewer multi-packs of breakfast sandwiches and pot pies.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 7, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Renegret posted:

The problem with eating healthier is that the true secret to it is meal prep.

Yeah pretty much this.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

UltraRed posted:

i think you hit them but they have a lot of various asian salads and caesar salads in a 4-pack in the refridgerated area near the cheeses/cold cuts/dips to keep an eye out for. they're decent

i've been buying these korean-inspoired udon bowls to microwave at work. i throw away the box bc my freezer is smaller so i don't know what the nutrition is but it's a relatively light lunch and decent, i want to say they're about 350 cals.

but yeah the secret is meal prep. make a bunch of dal or lentil soups/stews and stuff and put it into containers for the week.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Also despite me saying "all the mixed vegetables in the world" but really the costco selection is limited. We end up eating a poo poo ton of asparagus and normandy blend but still have to make regular trips to the grocery store for variety.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thanks you guys. For both the prep heads up and the microwavable meal tip.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Nothing sells frozen food like the smell of fresh rubber.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

StormDrain posted:

when i was a kid going to price club/costco they used to have a bunch of tires right by the entrance/exit and i loved going up and smelling all the tires. tires smell so loving good.

sadly i havent seen tires actually inside a costco for like 15+ years, they're all in tire centers now

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

StormDrain posted:

the harvest was bountiful this year

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Get some boneless skinless chicken thighs and make this: https://gimmedelicious.com/2018/03/17/the-best-taco-grilled-chicken/

You can throw it in lots of things. I actually am reheating some from a big batch I froze to make some chicken quesadillas for dinner. Now, that's not the healthiest thing, but you can still do healthy things with the chicken.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

StormDrain posted:

gonna need a bigger freezer

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Whenever I sit down on the couch and put the sherpa blanket on my lap, my cat gets wide-eyed and bolts over. She's sitting in my lap, purring and making biscuits.

Also I get the huge bag of fresh broccoli, just put some in a tupperware with salt and pepper and microwave it at work. I put the lid on, walk back to my desk, and then it's steamed/crunchy. I get baked tofu at Trader Joe's to go along with it and there's a healthy easy meal with a bunch of sambal on top.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

keep a loaf of bread and a jar of jif in your desk

sandwich every day, ez pz meal prep is for big nerds

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Went today and got a ton of christmas gifts for the kids, loaded up on the pretty large "squishimals" which are very popular around my house. AND got a pack of squishamal xmas ornaments for the wife. I thought they were the inferior squeezamals but apparently I got the right ones so yay!

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

priznat posted:

Went today and got a ton of christmas gifts for the kids, loaded up on the pretty large "squishimals" which are very popular around my house. AND got a pack of squishamal xmas ornaments for the wife. I thought they were the inferior squeezamals but apparently I got the right ones so yay!

Do you mean the Squishmallows? Those are the ones at my Costco.

They have the weirdest back stories:

"Karina the Pink and Grey Calico Cat. Karina is a numbers girl. Her favorite subjects have always been math and science. She plans on using her data expertise as a future computer scientist!"

"Zoe the Pink Unicorn.

Zoe lives and breathes food. It makes perfect sense since her family owns multiple restaurant businesses in the area. She aspires to become a restaurant owner one day with her cousins, Astrid and Ace."

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Costco has 3 packs of Pokemon card collector tins for $22 on clearance.
Each has 4 boosters in them, so a total of 12 packs in each. My kids are really into Pokemon now and that's a crazy price when boosters usually go for $4-5/each.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Do you mean the Squishmallows? Those are the ones at my Costco.

They have the weirdest back stories:

"Karina the Pink and Grey Calico Cat. Karina is a numbers girl. Her favorite subjects have always been math and science. She plans on using her data expertise as a future computer scientist!"

"Zoe the Pink Unicorn.

Zoe lives and breathes food. It makes perfect sense since her family owns multiple restaurant businesses in the area. She aspires to become a restaurant owner one day with her cousins, Astrid and Ace."

Yup! I think the ones at mine are a little different, I got a grey cat, rainbow unicorn and green dragon.

Also a frozen II plush throw blanket, a science kit and vtech activity cube, I am pretty much set for Xmas now :haw:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

canyoneer posted:

Costco has 3 packs of Pokemon card collector tins for $22 on clearance.
Each has 4 boosters in them, so a total of 12 packs in each. My kids are really into Pokemon now and that's a crazy price when boosters usually go for $4-5/each.

These are a good deal for people in your situation. I was a few years ago and these were a godsend. I got all the variations and it kept me in gifts for a year.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Whats the best way to cook the Normandy veggies? I tried steaming them this week and mustve overdone it because they were all mushy.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Roasted with some olive oil. I've used them in stir frys with moderate success too, as long as you can get your pan hot enough to cook out the water.

There's a lot of water in the veggies already from being frozen so you don't really need to add any to the pot. They won't be as crisp as a fresh veggie but I haven't had problems with them being overly mushy either so I'm thinking you just overcooked them.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I tried roasting and they ended up mushy too. I'm going to try putting them on a rack next time.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Gravitee posted:

I tried roasting and they ended up mushy too. I'm going to try putting them on a rack next time.

Pan roasted in the oven? Higher temperature.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I do 400 in the oven

There's a lot of latent water that needs to be cooked out

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Pressure cook them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Whats the best way to cook the Normandy veggies? I tried steaming them this week and mustve overdone it because they were all mushy.

As mentioned, there’s a lot of water in them and unless you like mushy vegetables (which is totally fine!) then roasting is the best way

My rec is put them into a baking pan straight out of the bag and throw them in the oven and then set temp for 425-450, and while it preheats it’ll sweat out some water. Then when your preheated beeper goes off (or approx 10 minutes), take the pan out and rub them as reasonably dry with a paper towel. Now oil them with olive oil and season with salt+pepper+everything bagel seasoning and throw back in for 40 minutes.

If you’re feeling lazy, You can just skip the preheat sweat step let it preheat and then throw them in oil+seasoned from the get go and cook for 50 minutes at like 450 if you want to. It just helps a little bit

Xaris fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 8, 2019

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Has anyone tried steaming them in a rice cooker... With rice? It can be such a good shortcut with fresh veggies. Not sure if it works out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

StormDrain posted:

Has anyone tried steaming them in a rice cooker... With rice? It can be such a good shortcut with fresh veggies. Not sure if it works out.

Most rice cookers have an upper basket, which mounts higher than the basin of the rice cooker, just for this purpose.