Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Silverstone circuit is like driving into an asteroid field at night. With the bright sunlight illuminating the surface and an atmosphere of nitrogen and oxygen, you'd think it would be an absolute delight to drive there. And in many ways it is. It's a place of grandeur, an automotive wonderland of gleaming road surfaces, gleaming high-rises, a world of white glass and chrome and steel and glass, a world of supercar perfection, of the very, very best.

But underneath, it's very, very dark.

The only thing shining through the gloom is an occasional, tiny, blinking neon light that illuminates the road ahead.

And that's a problem.

Because for a circuit like the Silverstone circuit, a circuit where drivers drive high-powered supercars at speeds reaching more than 240mph, and which is located just outside of London, the lights, and especially the neon, are a huge deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pablo Bluth posted:

Silverstone circuit is like driving into an asteroid field at night. With the bright sunlight illuminating the surface and an atmosphere of nitrogen and oxygen, you'd think it would be an absolute delight to drive there. And in many ways it is. It's a place of grandeur, an automotive wonderland of gleaming road surfaces, gleaming high-rises, a world of white glass and chrome and steel and glass, a world of supercar perfection, of the very, very best.

The only thing shining through the gloom is an occasional, tiny, blinking neon light that illuminates the road ahead.

And that's a problem.

Because for a circuit like the Silverstone circuit, a circuit where drivers drive high-powered supercars at speeds reaching more than 240mph, and which is located just outside of London, the lights, and especially the neon, are a huge deal.

i'm sorry about your brain damage op

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Pablo Bluth posted:

And that's a problem.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Computers are about to put Joes' Award out of a job
https://talktotransformer.com/

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pablo Bluth posted:

And that's a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KUixlLrO6c

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

The list of personality defects required to support Ferrari is a long one:

a) Lack of compassion

b) Lack of empathy

c) Lack of honesty

d) Lack of respect

e) Fearlessness

f) A lack of self-confidence

g) A lack of initiative

h) The inability to follow through on a plan

i) Lack of honesty

j) A lack of commitment

k) The need to be in control of all matters

l) Being unable to take criticism

m) The inability to learn from experience

n) A lack of curiosity

o) An inability to work cooperatively

p) A lack of creativity

q) The inability to work in a team

r) A lack of personal ambition

s) A lack of creativity

t) Being unable to take responsibility for one's own actions

u) A need for instant gratification

Computers speak the truth...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pablo Bluth posted:

Computers are about to put Joes' Award out of a job
https://talktotransformer.com/

Joe Saward is is a dumb gay baby who regularly poops his diaper when writing his weekly column for his dumb gay website 'Joe Blogs F1'.

He's the only person in this world that is more of a retard than me and that's pretty much the worst I could say about him.

:wow:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

quote:

Joe Saward is is a dumb gay baby who regularly poops his diaper when writing his weekly column for his dumb gay website 'Joe Blogs F1'.

He's the only person in this world that is more of a idiot than me and that's pretty much the worst I could say about him. His column has a long list of stupid things he's written over the years (like why the race to build a bigger F1 engine was overrated), and I decided to compile a list of his dumb opinions.

I think you all can guess how well his list goes over.

1) He's a big fan of McLaren

Joe is a big fan of F1 and loves every single car that can be bought in the F1 paddock. The fact that McLaren are so close to winning championships is really just a bonus for the guy.

2) He's a big fan of the current car

this thing is almost TOO good.... is F1 journalism dead?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

quote:

David Croft is a bloviating shitheel who regularly shouts incoherently over Formula One broadcasts like a deranged moron. In the middle of the race on Sunday night, however, he did something that no one has ever done on live TV.

The Frenchman is apparently on-site for all of the Belgian Grand Prix, so we might as well get used to watching this bloke talking like a retard. Here are some highlights of his monologue over the race's final laps.

"I'm in Belgium with my wife and I'm not really in the mood to watch this crap."

"What's the point of having a race if it's just a bunch of people sitting in a room doing nothing? This is a bit like having a party without any of the alcohol."

"I thought I could get used to the racing, because you know, I'm a bloke.

NtotheTC posted:

this thing is almost TOO good.... is F1 journalism dead?

I'm convinced it is just scraping the F1 threads of yore. This is why Autosport had to raise their prices to £10 a week.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

quote:

Sebastian Vettel used Lewis Hamilton's toilet in an attempt to distract the Mercedes driver ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix on Sunday.

Vettel was lapping on track at the time, so it's not clear who the distraction was intended for.

However, the world champion was spotted using Hamilton's toilet in a video taken by one of the cameras mounted on the Mercedes pit wall.

Hamilton said: "What he has done is really disrespectful. It's not only that he has done it without my permission, which is completely disrespectful, but he has put my wife, my daughter in danger.

"He put his child's life in danger and I think it's a very, very serious incident. It's something that we will have to speak to our lawyers about and make sure that it is properly dealt with."

"I don't know if it was intentional but it was clearly disrespectful to me and my family. There's no reason to do that"

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Idk who these guys are do they race in MACAU maybe?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Does Nick Heidfeld have to give his back once his contract is up in a few weeks?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Theophany posted:

Does Nick Heidfeld have to give his back once his contract is up in a few weeks?

Yes THICC NIC will have to give it back while THICC RIC gets to keep his.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Nico Rosberg is bitter about Lewis Hamilton because he has been robbed of the lead in the title race and blames the team for a lack of competitiveness this year

Nico Rosberg has labelled Lewis Hamilton as 'the most arrogant, stupid, disrespectful person on the planet' after the Mercedes driver claimed he could not race a Ferrari this year.

Hamilton has led the F1 title by 22 points, one ahead of Rosberg, who has been a consistent second for Mercedes.

But Rosberg accused his team of a lack of competitiveness and said he wanted to finish ahead of the Briton.

"He [Hamilton] is the most arrogant, stupid, disrespectful person on the planet," Rosberg said of the Mercedes driver.

"We have to fight against him. It is a big responsibility to fight against someone like that. But we will fight against him.

"Lewis has an advantage. In terms of the speed in a straight line, he is the fastest man

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
"Get in there Lewis!" Hamilton's race engineer Pete Bonnington shouted over the team radio. "You've got three laps to go!" The four drivers raced out of the pits and began taking the chequered flag, with Hamilton leading Vettel by 1.2 seconds. Vettel was not happy. He was in second place. He was a second and a half back. He had not had a proper race since the British Grand Prix. In those two weeks, Hamilton had won five races in six races and he was third in the championship.

Vettel was furious. He did not enjoy being the underdog in every race. So he drove a little more defensively in the last three laps. He had been racing against three times his age and a world champion. It seemed to annoy Hamilton that he had done all that to come second, when he was so obviously the better driver.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

OK enough with the talktotransformer poo poo now the threads becoming way too sane and coherent.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH...

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Can we stay on topic in the F1 thread? Neither of these have a career in F1.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Pablo Bluth posted:

The list of personality defects required to support Max Verstappen is a short one:

a) cruelty to animals

b) obsession with fire-setting

c) persistent bedwetting

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cast iron is superior to KFC because it's healthier for you, and better for the environment, which is the same reason that you should get a KFC.

KFC is not a healthy choice for any of those reasons, and it's not good for your health and the environment, so it's not a good choice.

So, now, you know, KFC isn't a healthy option. And in fact, it's probably the single biggest contributor to the global obesity crisis that we're currently facing. It's not healthy and it's not good for the environment.

And so, if you're in the US, you don't have to eat KFC, and you can do whatever you like, as long as you're eating a healthy, high quality diet. And that's what's really important.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

Can we stay on topic in the F1 thread? Neither of these have a career in F1.

Who is talking about F1 I posted some guys who race in MACAU I think

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I went to Macau in the year 2000. I took a hydrofoil from Hong Kong and spent the day eating a spit roasted pig (not ur or my mom). Little did I know at the time that such a tiny island would become a focal point for the global gambling industry and host one of the world's great racing events. And its amazing now to think that I was at the place that inspired possibly the worst collection of posts in the history of the internet.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

spaceblancmange posted:

The Macau Grand Prix is often better in theory than practice. Expect long SC periods or red flags as they unblock the track or pick a car out of a grandstand. The track itself is just insane though

IM SORRY ABOUT YOUR BRAIN DAMAGE BUT YOURE OBVIOUSLY TALKING LIKE YOUVE WATCHED ANY MACAU GRAND PRIX IN THE PREVIOUS FIVE YEARS WHEN IT IS VERY OBVIOUS THAT YOU HAVE NOT

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the idiots at the wrestling thread discovered the talk to a transformer crap one month ago, its not funny anymore. stop it

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking of buying those Apple AirPods Pro, the noise canceling thing sounds pretty cool seeing as the only other noise cancelling earbuds look pretty bulky in comparison. I should probably get a Green Apple iPhone 11 Pro to go with them.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

track day bro! posted:

I'm thinking of buying those Apple AirPods Pro, the noise canceling thing sounds pretty cool seeing as the only other noise cancelling earbuds look pretty bulky in comparison. I should probably get a Green Apple iPhone 11 Pro to go with them.

Agreed

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

the idiots at the wrestling thread discovered the talk to a transformer crap one month ago, its not funny anymore. stop it

Max Verstappen and Esteban Gutierrez have been involved in a crash at the first corner on the final lap of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, sending the Sauber back onto the track.

Gutierrez is seen in the car following Verstappen, who looks as though he has seen a gap in the field. The pair are then hit by a kink in the track, and are then sent back up onto the track by another kink as Verstappen takes another right.

The pair are then hit by another kink, with both Gutierrez and Verstappen unable to pull away.

Both drivers exit the circuit and are assessed by race control.

The stewards also assess the incident:

"As a result of contact between Esteban Gutierrez and Verstappen during the race on lap 40 (2.2), Verstappen has been reported for failing to stop and for driving in an aggressive

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Sir, this is the Formula One thread. We all have Stockholm syndrome here.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Imagine holding up the wrestling thread as the paragon of quality

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

This thread is to the wrestling thread as Eddie Jordan is to Kate Moss.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

One is successful and the others a coke head?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

For the price of these dumbass things you can buy a pair of decent over-ear ANC headphones in a sale that are better in every measurable way.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’m going to buy Death Stranding today.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

For the price of these dumbass things you can buy a pair of decent over-ear ANC headphones in a sale that are better in every measurable way.

So you’re the dork walking around with over the ear headphones prattling on

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Khablam posted:

HAVE YOU PERSONALLY TESTED THEM?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

I can't fit a pair of massive over ear headphones on while wearing a winter hat and a hood. for my application (sleeping on a cold rear end train) small noise canceling earbuds seem perfect

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ackkthually the AirPods pro don’t have the same dynamic range as my Sennheiser Pro Autism édition and I can clearly tell the difference when I’m streaming Trinity Seven from my phone while I ride the bus

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
8 weeks until Fernando Alonso wins the Dakar rally (held in Saudi Arabia, 6000 miles from Dakar) because Peugeot and BMW/Mini pulled out so Toyota finally wasn't the slowest car!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ackkthually the AirPods pro don’t have the same dynamic range as my Sennheiser Pro Autism édition and I can clearly tell the difference when I’m streaming Trinity Seven from my phone while I ride the bus

yeah i really give a poo poo about whatever podcasts sound quality i'm gonna listen to while half asleep on a train. i even used to use over ear seinheisers which were annoying as gently caress to use in the winter

i wonder how mad khblam gets when he walks out on the street and sees every other person wearing airpods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
I CONSULTED AN AUDIOPHILE AND HE SAID ANYTHING USING BLUETOOTH IS TRASH AND THAT I REALLY NEED SOME $70 ALI EXPRESS HEADPHONES