Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

GreenNight posted:

Cheryl is loving crazy jesus christ.

Agreed, girl is full on off the rails and she's only gathering speed. Toni, please save yourself!

And maybe the babies idek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah....Toni was way too chill about JJ's corpse, she should have run screaming into the night. I'm a little disappointed the reveal came so soon and has been brushed off so nonchalantly because hiding a corpse in your house that you're obsessed with is a better plot than ghost of triplet fetus haunting.

But their Harley and Ivy costumes couldn't possibly have been more on point/brand/the nose, these writers know exactly what's up.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Yeah....Toni was way too chill about JJ's corpse, she should have run screaming into the night. I'm a little disappointed the reveal came so soon and has been brushed off so nonchalantly because hiding a corpse in your house that you're obsessed with is a better plot than ghost of triplet fetus haunting.

But their Harley and Ivy costumes couldn't possibly have been more on point/brand/the nose, these writers know exactly what's up.

I dunno, I feel like Toni knew what she was getting into when she started dating Cheryl. Like, she's not going to enable or encourage Cheryl's corpse hoarding, but she's not going to be surprised by it either.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Cheryl has always been a crazy bitch, I assume Toni is into that, stalking, psychological warfare, arson, etc. Corpse hoarding is sick psycho poo poo, next level crazy.

It'd be more like Alice taking Hal back after his Blackhood rampage. Can't sweep that poo poo under the rug.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Why do the crazy girlfriends still have the babies and not say, Alice?

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.

MorgaineDax posted:

cuz technically she's homeless

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MorgaineDax posted:

Alice is crazier than both of them combined, why would you give her more kids to raise? She's bad at it.

Look at the first two children she brought up: Polly joined an organ harvesting cult and Betty is only just now starting to learn how to deal with the psychological damage her mom inflicted on her (and not always dealing with it well considering she still has moments of pyromania).

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

God drat it Space Cadet! You are ignoring the corpse in the room, again!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Clearly, the babies need to be close to their father.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Oh my god, I forgot the twins' father is Jason and they're in the same house as his rotting corpse :lol:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is there a Nancy Drew thread somewhere, it's a different show from Riverdale but I think anyone who likes Riverdale would be into it?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Skwirl posted:

Is there a Nancy Drew thread somewhere, it's a different show from Riverdale but I think anyone who likes Riverdale would be into it?
I've been watching it, but I didn't think there'd be enough separate interest in it to make another thread. It's a fun show though that I appreciate leans more into the supernatural and endless internal monologues from Nancy; it's also fun to see what cliffhangers they jam into the end of the episode (Nancy makes a call to the last person who called the murdered victim, but her boyfriend comes back and she hangs up....pan over to see the boyfriend has the phone she just called! Oh no, Nancy is banging the murderer....or is she? And oh yeah, that bucket is full of blood so that character is cursed! And we can't trust Scott Wolf!). It's fun trash that feels like it's only getting a 1/4 of the budget of Riverdale; just small things like the fact that there's very few background extras makes the show feel kinda empty, though I guess that makes sense in a way since it's a small fishing town.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sgt. Politeness posted:

God drat it Space Cadet! You are ignoring the corpse in the room, again!

Hey! I never said that the babies being raised by Toni, Cheryl, and the taxidermied body of their father was a great option. It's just a better option than Alice.

The best option would be Fred raising them, but unfortunately that doesn't seem like a super realistic choice at this point.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I mean no one left in that town is fit to raise a baby, except for maybe Pop Tate who hasn't done anything bad yet.

It's more didn't Alice go into the cult to help rescue Polly and the twins, but now she's content to leave them with the two crazy teens that actually were cult members? Like have Alice and Betty even visited those babies at all??

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yeah, that's a fair point. Betty and Alice should at least go check on those kids.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, Riverdale is such a lovely place for kids to grow up.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
*literally only one other player left in the game*

Bret: “Hmmm, I wonder if it could be Jug-“

*gets murdered*

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The town motto should really just be: Riverdale, it's bad here!

I kind of hate how hard the show is leaning into the whole "serial killer genes" thing. I know it's not any dumber than the "evil D&D game" from last season, but it irritates me more.

Also, how many secret siblings is this show going to have? I'm not complaining (because it's hilarious) I'm just wondering.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The town motto should really just be: Riverdale, it's bad here!

I kind of hate how hard the show is leaning into the whole "serial killer genes" thing. I know it's not any dumber than the "evil D&D game" from last season, but it irritates me more.

Also, how many secret siblings is this show going to have? I'm not complaining (because it's hilarious) I'm just wondering.

Cole sprouse IS an actual twin; and the whole Julian triplet thing makes it seem this is a theme for the season.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

New siblings this season include but are not limited to:
Chick 2.0
Veronica's extra Latina sister
Fred's brother
Absorbed ghost triplet
And I'm still convinced Jughead's identical twin "cousin" who he will discover when he finally meets his grandfather and who will die in place of Jughead later when the perfect crime he designs is used against him

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

If Betty has the serial killer gene, and Charles does, but Hal doesn't, it means Alice is the carrier. Which explains a lot, frankly.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Love how the Coopers are so preoccupied with the serial killer gene yet everyone on this show has probably killed somebody. Veronica literally lit a serial killer on fire in the last episode with no followup.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Still Fluxing posted:

If Betty has the serial killer gene, and Charles does, but Hal doesn't, it means Alice is the carrier. Which explains a lot, frankly.

It's on FP's side too and the grandfather got booted out of that prep school for SERIAL KILLING, mark my words. My dumb Riverdale theory is he's either partners with the old ghostwriter and helps write the crimes after he commits them, or somehow IS the old ghostwriter which is why he wanted to meet FP so badly. Grandad sending the books to Jughead was like daring to be caught, OR trying to make Jughead into a serial killer, same as Hal did with Betty. Jughead and Betty are gonna crack the case by linking up the stories with real murders and its gonna rip off Girl with the Dragon Tattoo hard.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Shneak posted:

Love how the Coopers are so preoccupied with the serial killer gene yet everyone on this show has probably killed somebody. Veronica literally lit a serial killer on fire in the last episode with no followup.

Yeah, doesn't the one actual serial killer in the family NOT having the serial killer genes kind of disprove how important those genes are for becoming a serial killer?

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, doesn't the one actual serial killer in the family NOT having the serial killer genes kind of disprove how important those genes are for becoming a serial killer?

Maybe the genes make you successful at it? Because Hal wasn't.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I was fine with Hal murderin' folks but once he made his kid brain their cat, that's where I draw the line.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

“NO BITCH, ITS YOUR SISTER” was an amazing moment from Betty but I saw the “her brother is working with Chick” coming from a mile away.

Also lol @ Cheryl being a cannibal since conception.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

I feel like Jug has some weird danger compass cause I'd figure after that teacher suddenly lobbed himself out the window and his classmates are clearly in on it or complacent, that he wouldn't just show up the next day like things are good to go. Or the police would do more about cordoning off the area where a suicide just happened the day before.

Also on Nancy Drew, things remain spicy as Nancy finds herself in an Eyes Wide Shut sex party to uncover that Horseshoe Bay is endlessly horny and haunted. Did the books always lean into the supernatural or was it a Scooby Doo thing where supernatural poo poo was revealed to just be tricks?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Also, it’s starting to look more and more like Jughead’s going to fake his own death to try and catch the principal.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The perfect murder, my good man...is no murder at all!!!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

They cut open dead Jughead and it's just Jason Blossom's taxidermy corpse who takes off his mask to reveal it was Julian all along!

I was also worried for a second that after Cheryl woke up from her nightmare about Julian needing a new body that she was eyeballing TT as a possible vessel.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I bark laughed when Jughead's teacher dove through the window.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is the new principal of Riverdale the jock rear end in a top hat from Final Destination?

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Yes. He is also Aidan from being human.

The mixture of technology always suprises me on this show. The "FBI" using a reel to reel to record a phone call on a cell phone.

I sometimes think they pick plots from a hat.

Secret sibling count
Betty:1
Cheryl:1
Veronica:1
Jugghead:1

Somehow a high school student is running a bar that everyone knows about, that doesn't get shut down because??

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Shneak posted:

I think we all did. It helped make up for Ben Lockwood NOT dying on Supergirl.

Kind of a boring episode besides that, though. I'm losing my patience with the writers apparently being unable to leave Hiram Lodge out of a single episode.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Man I thought Chick died in the Night Gauntlet, but I guess not.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Shneak posted:

It was unexpected and ridiculous, even for this show.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Not happy to see fake chick back, that dude sucked and he still sucked.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I loved the Lodges carefully saying Veronica had no other half-siblings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Majorian posted:

I think we all did. It helped make up for Ben Lockwood NOT dying on Supergirl.

Kind of a boring episode besides that, though. I'm losing my patience with the writers apparently being unable to leave Hiram Lodge out of a single episode.

Mark Consuelos is the best actor on the show, he needs to be seen otherwise the narm charm dies on its feet.