Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Ygolonac posted:

Question: I keep getting alerts that I can't loot all the animal parts off my victim prey, but it won't say *what* is being lost. I suspect it's because I already have 5 Fat or Mature Venison or whatever; is there a way to carry multiple stacks of the same item?

There is not. I believe increasing your rank with the various roles will increase the space for some items though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Ygolonac posted:

Question: I keep getting alerts that I can't loot all the animal parts off my victim prey, but it won't say *what* is being lost. I suspect it's because I already have 5 Fat or Mature Venison or whatever; is there a way to carry multiple stacks of the same item?

You can upgrade your satchel space by doing challenges in single player, and by leveling up the roles in Online.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So as an i5 user I think I may have just solved my stuttering issue, knock on wood. Here's the major steps I took.

lol nvm. It's still there. But much less frequent, took me about one to two hours before i encountered one

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
My i5 didn’t stutter till I turned the graphics settings most of the way up last night but it wasn’t enough to be super noticeable. If it does it again I’ll turn things back down I guess.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
i5 in bane voice: no one cared until I began to stutter

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

lol nvm. It's still there. But much less frequent, took me about one to two hours before i encountered one

Same, far less frequent and I'm using Vulkan. Had a crash to desktop during a cutscene and a couple of hitches while using eagle eye. Improvement, at least.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Anyone playing on PS4? I'm just starting out for the online side and looking for a posse.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm getting a mildly to extremely worrying graphical glitch that could just be a weird confluence of settings or it could be my card dying so I thought I'd run it by the thread and see if anyone's seen anything similar.

Basically any time there's any kind of fine-grained explosion of particles - hoof beats in dusty terrain, muzzle flash, blood in some cases - and also sometimes in the rain, those particles express as vivid neon green and red rather than as what they're supposed to be. Which to me screams dying GPU except it's only those effects, there's no similar effect in any other game and the game itself otherwise runs tremendously.

Worrying but given the state of things I'd believe it's just a mess.

global tetrahedron
Jun 24, 2009

I've got an AMD FX 6300, GTX 950, 16GB RAM (built tower after going into PC supply store awhile back and saying 'give me what was hot poo poo like 6 months ago, not super knowledgeable on any of it). I know I won't be able to pull super ultra settings or anything, but a lot of the issues seem to be related not to system performance as much as system configuration and issues with the launcher, etc (i.e. people with really powerful setups still having problems). Anyone with a similar hardware setup to me been having any issues? Still have about 30 min on the download so mentally getting prepared for annoyance.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
how does rockstars iconic commentary as seen in gta such as "iSHIT" and "burger rear end in a top hat" fit into the old west?

Orv
May 4, 2011

bob human being posted:

how does rockstars iconic commentary as seen in gta such as "iSHIT" and "burger rear end in a top hat" fit into the old west?

Entirely absent. Even as someone who has exactly no time for a Rockstar SP game they did a tremendous job in creating a world that is grounded and believable, without an ounce of modernized parody.

Though there are endless reams of Western movie and show references if those are up your alley.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Orv posted:

Entirely absent. Even as someone who has exactly no time for a Rockstar SP game they did a tremendous job in creating a world that is grounded and believable, without an ounce of modernized parody.

Though there are endless reams of Western movie and show references if those are up your alley.

a glowing review sincere enough that i feel bad admitting i wont be buying the game. sure, id like to play it in theory. the long slogs to quests and whatnot turn me off. games that do that dont appeal to me lately.

Orv
May 4, 2011

bob human being posted:

a glowing review sincere enough that i feel bad admitting i wont be buying the game. sure, id like to play it in theory. the long slogs to quests and whatnot turn me off. games that do that dont appeal to me lately.

Honestly I cannot blame you for that at all. Rockstar mission design hasn't changed since SA and the long slogs, bad checkpoints and poo poo objective design decisions are all there in full force.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Orv posted:

Honestly I cannot blame you for that at all. Rockstar mission design hasn't changed since SA and the long slogs, bad checkpoints and poo poo objective design decisions are all there in full force.

Good ol "riding the motorcycle to the end up the tunnel and up the cliff to shoot the bad guys myself because big smoke has lovely aim" game design.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
heaps of people are hacking in online yeah? Been doing a few combat modes and I just get endlessly headshot while ducking and weaving around cover/full tilt sprinting

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Zuul the Cat posted:

Anyone playing on PS4? I'm just starting out for the online side and looking for a posse.

send me a friend request, malakai713

I'm not playing currently, but can put you on a psn message thread with some goons that are

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

global tetrahedron posted:

I've got an AMD FX 6300, GTX 950, 16GB RAM (built tower after going into PC supply store awhile back and saying 'give me what was hot poo poo like 6 months ago, not super knowledgeable on any of it). I know I won't be able to pull super ultra settings or anything, but a lot of the issues seem to be related not to system performance as much as system configuration and issues with the launcher, etc (i.e. people with really powerful setups still having problems). Anyone with a similar hardware setup to me been having any issues? Still have about 30 min on the download so mentally getting prepared for annoyance.

I feel like a gtx950 might really be pushing it, but also I don't know poo poo so :shrug:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Hugh Malone posted:

send me a friend request, malakai713

I'm not playing currently, but can put you on a psn message thread with some goons that are

just sent. thanks!

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Orv posted:

I'm getting a mildly to extremely worrying graphical glitch that could just be a weird confluence of settings or it could be my card dying so I thought I'd run it by the thread and see if anyone's seen anything similar.

Basically any time there's any kind of fine-grained explosion of particles - hoof beats in dusty terrain, muzzle flash, blood in some cases - and also sometimes in the rain, those particles express as vivid neon green and red rather than as what they're supposed to be. Which to me screams dying GPU except it's only those effects, there's no similar effect in any other game and the game itself otherwise runs tremendously.

I had this in a different game and my gpu didn't die, I think it went away with a new driver/patch one day.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Are there separate lobbies for free aim in online for PC? Google just shows people bitching about not having separate lobbies, but a goon mentioned there were separate lobbies so I'm confused.

Free aim (with a mouse) is very satisfying and I'd hate to be at a disadvantage if I don't use assist online. I noticed you get bonus exp for free aim kills which is a nice touch

Orv
May 4, 2011

Flannelette posted:

I had this in a different game and my gpu didn't die, I think it went away with a new driver/patch one day.

Apparently I'm short a GPU driver or two, I'll give that a shot, thanks.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Orv posted:

I get this when I'm running with DX12, but not Vulkan. Not sure what the gently caress is up with that, but I know for a fact the card isn't dying. I think you're probably fine.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Bless this mess.

Thanks guys, load off my brain if not my neon-seared eyes.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Orv posted:

I get this if I play after being ALT-TABBed too long

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh man that's totally it. I cinematic camera and alt-tab all the time to travel places. Motherfucker.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Hmph. I tried that cinematic horse-autopilot thing and immediately the oatbag tried to climb a cliff and barrel-rolled.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Ygolonac posted:

Hmph. I tried that cinematic horse-autopilot thing and immediately the oatbag tried to climb a cliff and barrel-rolled.

Make sure you start out on a road.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Transmogrifier posted:

Make sure you start out on a road.

Was on a main road, with stage/wagon traffic. Just hurfed a right (no trails or other roads in the area) and tried going vert up a 15-foot rockface. IIRC, the waypoint had been set to Valentine, and I was just going to sightsee for a while.

Wingmanning another horse or wagon works fine, though, although I didn't try cinematic mode for that.

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
When I run the game in Vulkan it crashes randomly. When I run the game in DX12 it doesn't crash but my mouse cursor won't disappear. No idea how to fix either of these issues.

dedian
Sep 2, 2011

Ygolonac posted:

Was on a main road, with stage/wagon traffic. Just hurfed a right (no trails or other roads in the area) and tried going vert up a 15-foot rockface. IIRC, the waypoint had been set to Valentine, and I was just going to sightsee for a while.

Wingmanning another horse or wagon works fine, though, although I didn't try cinematic mode for that.

I found starting it up troublesome as well. Usually I: set the waypoint, get on the road in the right direction, come to a stop(-ish) then hold shift+v and nothing else... has worked, so far.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Just be aware as well that cinematic camera autorun won’t stop you from getting ambushed by bandits and bounty hunters.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

dedian posted:

I found starting it up troublesome as well. Usually I: set the waypoint, get on the road in the right direction, come to a stop(-ish) then hold shift+v and nothing else... has worked, so far.

You just press shift once to align yourself to the road.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

abigserve posted:

heaps of people are hacking in online yeah? Been doing a few combat modes and I just get endlessly headshot while ducking and weaving around cover/full tilt sprinting

This may be a silly question but are you playing in auto-aim sessions? When I started I was playing with mouse/keyboard but I have a controller connected (I don't know if that even matters) but it defaulted to auto-aim on even though I assume you can't do that with the mouse (again, if you can please tell me how) so I realized people were shooting me with ease because they were auto-aiming and the option to change to free aim was greyed out for me until you exit to the main menu where you select story or online.

dedian
Sep 2, 2011

You just press shift once to align yourself to the road.

Thanks I'll try that. Lots of buttons!

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

davebo posted:

This may be a silly question but are you playing in auto-aim sessions? When I started I was playing with mouse/keyboard but I have a controller connected (I don't know if that even matters) but it defaulted to auto-aim on even though I assume you can't do that with the mouse (again, if you can please tell me how) so I realized people were shooting me with ease because they were auto-aiming and the option to change to free aim was greyed out for me until you exit to the main menu where you select story or online.

Ok yeah this is definitely it. I thought auto aim was off in all multiplayer modes by default. No wonder!

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

pootiebigwang posted:

When I run the game in Vulkan it crashes randomly. When I run the game in DX12 it doesn't crash but my mouse cursor won't disappear. No idea how to fix either of these issues.

I might be nuts but couldn't you just move the cursor into the upper right and off of the screen, solving the latter problem?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

loving the attention to detail of the turds that slop out of my horse's intricately 3d modelled and textured anus

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
DF posted their video on RDR2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUrbciPfX6k

They are still working on a deeper video that will tackle some of the settings/performance.

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008

i must compose posted:

I might be nuts but couldn't you just move the cursor into the upper right and off of the screen, solving the latter problem?

Nah, I’m playing with a mouse and keyboard so the cursor moves whenever I move the mouse. Even when playing with a controller the cursor will reset itself to the middle of the screen anytime a menu is opened. It’s all sorts of screwy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

pootiebigwang posted:

Nah, I’m playing with a mouse and keyboard so the cursor moves whenever I move the mouse. Even when playing with a controller the cursor will reset itself to the middle of the screen anytime a menu is opened. It’s all sorts of screwy.

That sucks. I hope they get it sorted out soon. What settings are you using? Borderless? Full screen?