Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

DreadCthulhu posted:

What's the strategy for making the most of brawler Amara's skills? Do I basically try to be as close to a pack of enemies as possible, then use my main skill to AOE larger packs of them, and then alternate shooting and punching? Or is there more nuance to this? I can't say I've been mind blown by her melee attacks yet, and I'm 2 points away from maxing out the brawler tree. Am I doing something wrong?

You basically need a bunch of the right items to do it well. Before that it's very ho hum at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Hey, I couldn't find a thread for Borderlands 2, so I figured I'd just ask my question here:

I was playing 4-player BL2 with my friends last night from the beginning, but for some reason, I was contstantly having ridiculous lag bumps in-game - like, for some reason I would suddenly find myself 'teleporting' around to places I didn't mean to go (suddenly ending up in ice water, appearing behind chests instead of walking up to them), and my shots wouldn't register on enemies at times. I checked my connection, and there didn't seem to be anything inherently wrong with my internet; any diea what the problem would be?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
What is a good grenade based build for a level 50 Moze? Also what guns/gear should i be looking for now that I am 50?

Is there a good site for that stuff?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i finally got around to playing the halloween event and am thoroughly underwhelmed. got a few ok legendaries but i don't want to grind any of those achievements or farm haunt. i had fun in the doom-themed heck area but honestly i'd rather just play doom.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!
How do people think of the item score? Is it at all valuable, or do you mostly look at the stats and how the item fits into the bigger picture of your specific build? I'm using a lot of items that are maybe 50-70 points below the items that are currently dropping for me because their bonuses or special abilities seem to be very valuable.

Btw, that ghost grenade I got around level 25 is insane against bosses, you toss it at any big guy and the ghosts swarm it for an insane amount of damage in a second or two. Super powerful for that one specific use case.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So, uh, Captain Haunt now fires streams of invulnerable ghosts at you. Previously you could shoot them down but now you randomly cannot.

Update: This didn't happen on my second run; I think firing at them with my Hyperfocus XZ41 was causing them to bug out.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 7, 2019

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

DreadCthulhu posted:

How do people think of the item score? Is it at all valuable, or do you mostly look at the stats and how the item fits into the bigger picture of your specific build? I'm using a lot of items that are maybe 50-70 points below the items that are currently dropping for me because their bonuses or special abilities seem to be very valuable.

Btw, that ghost grenade I got around level 25 is insane against bosses, you toss it at any big guy and the ghosts swarm it for an insane amount of damage in a second or two. Super powerful for that one specific use case.

Yeah, I ignore item score and look at the stats. Way too much time with BL1/2/TPS means I’m focused on stats and resale value for most everything I pick up.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Is Zane better yet?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DreadCthulhu posted:

What's the strategy for making the most of brawler Amara's skills? Do I basically try to be as close to a pack of enemies as possible, then use my main skill to AOE larger packs of them, and then alternate shooting and punching? Or is there more nuance to this? I can't say I've been mind blown by her melee attacks yet, and I'm 2 points away from maxing out the brawler tree. Am I doing something wrong?

Blitz dramatically changes how effective her melee abilities are, although you still need to stack a few melee bonuses. Did you get the Illuminated Fist skill from the Fist of the Elements tree? That's important.

Early Brawl Amara doesn't actually rely on her melee attack that much. She's more of a close-ranged bruiser getting up into people's faces with Phase Slam and a shotgun and letting her powerful defences see her through. Jab Cross, Blitz, Do Unto Others, and Samsara make her a lot more punchy once you've got all four of them.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I am playing Amara right now and tbh even when filling out the green tree for liveability, Phasegrasp seemed like a way better ability to actually use.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

DreadCthulhu posted:

Punch build is very gear reliant (depending on what you're trying to do). Until you get critical mass of gear and skills in a lot of cases you'll be getting better results just shooting.

And Item score isn't very useful. It's a rough guide but in general I ignore it.

Trastion posted:

What is a good grenade based build for a level 50 Moze? Also what guns/gear should i be looking for now that I am 50?

Is there a good site for that stuff?

Torgue weapons in general are good on Moze because most of them work off explosives (Flakker, Alchemist, etc). As for a site, I don't know of any specifically but I tend to like sin tee's builds on youtube. He also is pretty direct in the videos with the information, and tends to either mention if things have alternates or if they're really gear dependent.

alansmithee fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 8, 2019

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

Moze is pretty gear dependent right now in general, but if you get the right stuff she's pretty powerful.

Grenade / infinite ammo build:

https://youtu.be/iMKvWLdNnAg

Bottomless mags / shield builds...both very similar (like above poster mentioned, one of these is from sin tee):

https://youtu.be/czba_FAJwoE

https://youtu.be/yj-LLGeCDOs

And an extremely gear dependent build revolving terror annointments and ice breaker:

https://youtu.be/AWZPljKzjFA

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Holy moly the 2nd vault guardian is spongy, that's ridiculous. Took me at least 15 min to spray him down, that the hell. That encounter could have easily been 1/3 the length.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

DreadCthulhu posted:

Holy moly the 2nd vault guardian is spongy, that's ridiculous. Took me at least 15 min to spray him down, that the hell. That encounter could have easily been 1/3 the length.

Did you shoot the glowy orbs on the ends of his arms when he does his punch attacks? Those are major critical spots and sack his health fairly quickly

First time we fought him, it took forever. On our next set of characters, the fight went much quicker since we knew to blast those with an incendiary gun

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Also, that vault monster was very reminiscent of another boss in BL2 now that I think about it, huh. Not exactly the same moves, but also sitting beyond the edge and having a few weak spots you shoot at. Forget it that was from a DLC or the main sequence.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

DreadCthulhu posted:

Took me 25 mins the first time I fought him and I got stuck in the ground when he was about 5%. Had to grenade myself and start over. I’m not a controller thrower, but that almost made me one.

Second try was 20 mins and I fell off the edge.

Third try I used a Jakobs pistol and beat him in 15.

They really should have reduced his health pool by half.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

DreadCthulhu posted:

Also, that vault monster was very reminiscent of another boss in BL2 now that I think about it, huh. Not exactly the same moves, but also sitting beyond the edge and having a few weak spots you shoot at. Forget it that was from a DLC or the main sequence.

The Leviathan in Cap'n Scarlett?

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

The Leviathan in Cap'n Scarlett?

Ah yeah, it's rather similar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTbktrWWB_c . Oh well, I guess many BL3 players won't remember or never played that section.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DreadCthulhu posted:

Here's a good melee build:

https://www.icy-veins.com/borderlands-3/amara-siren-phaseslam-melee-build-guide

The biggest thing is making sure you have

1) Find Your Center in the Brawl tree - 100% melee damage increase + 75% melee range after Action skill
2) Illuminated Fist in Fist Tree- 75% melee damage increase + Action skill element is converted to melee attacks (Makes your melee ignite, corrosive or poison)
3) Blitz in Brawl Tree - You dash forward on melee to hit opponents.

I pair all of this with the Facepuncher shotgun (bullet damage is equivalent to melee damage) and the Retaliation Red Suit (AOE corrosive damage on enemies near me/immune to corrosive). Usually one melee then a shot from the gun finishes off pretty much any standard enemy, if not only the melee. Melts through Badasses. The only trouble I have is with bigger bosses that you can't really melee but just have a good SMG or whatever on hand and you should be good.

Stack in anything that boosts your melee and you're good to go.

I've been using this for the past few days and it's fun as hell.

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

Thanks for that, imma give it a shot. At what point can I get ahold of those legendaries? I'm still level 30 going through my first campaign, is that way too soon for me to think about?

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

DreadCthulhu posted:

Thanks for that, imma give it a shot. At what point can I get ahold of those legendaries? I'm still level 30 going through my first campaign, is that way too soon for me to think about?

I went meelee Amara around level 30ish without any legendaries because I found two regular items there were perfect for the build: a relic with +1 to illuminated fist and a relic with 50% health leech on strike. Keep an eye out for those because they are even useful at level 50. The artifact is especially silly, I was able to facetank Traunt by just spamming meelee while my health bar flew back and forth

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DreadCthulhu posted:

The shotgun is a random drop and I got it around level 35, but I dont think it’s limited to level, but you’ll have to farm for it.

The shield was a reward from the Angels and Speed Demon sidequest.

I’m lvl 38 now, for reference

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 8, 2019

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I'm in the middle of playing this, and I have to ask, why this stupid game doesn't unlock the 4th weapon slot until freaking 19 hours in??

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

I'm in the middle of playing this, and I have to ask, why this stupid game doesn't unlock the 4th weapon slot until freaking 19 hours in??

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Turin Turambar posted:

Really? So if I just finished getting the second vault fragment and fighting the ball, how far until I can equip a 4th weapon and a relic and poo poo

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Target Practice posted:

Really? So if I just finished getting the second vault fragment and fighting the ball, how far until I can equip a 4th weapon and a relic and poo poo

Even later

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-09-17-borderlands-3-walkthrough-guide-tips-story-chapters-6039

Look at what chapter you are right now here. 4th weapon slot in unlocked at the end of chapter 10 (ideal level 21-22), artifact slot at the end of chapter 16 (ideal level 28-29). I've been doing all the side mission in level order as they appear, to have a better indication.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Problem solved :-)

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Nov 9, 2019

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

DreadCthulhu posted:

In the end-game, Graveward takes anywhere from 5 to 60 seconds, depending on your gear and load out.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

OH MAN, I just got my PS4 back from being repaired and booted up the game - all my cosmetic items are gone, all my guardian points are gone, all my golden keys have disappeared and I can't even mark items as trash with the click of a button anymore. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat happened.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

caligulamprey posted:

OH MAN, I just got my PS4 back from being repaired and booted up the game - all my cosmetic items are gone, all my guardian points are gone, all my golden keys have disappeared and I can't even mark items as trash with the click of a button anymore. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat happened.

Marking bug is for everyone on consoles, will be fixed in next patch. Can still mark in bank or when equipped.

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
On PC, I started an Amara. I’m only like level 8, and I only have a couple green skills and 1 blue skill. Sometimes I see a buff icon that looks like a foot with wings. It doesn’t seem to match the icon for any skills I have. Is that the icon for rush?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Foot with wings is a stack of Rush, I think, which is the general buff from the blue tree. Kill something or do elemental damage, get a stack, use your skill and crunch them for bonuses.

There’s a class mod that makes them refill on skill use and slowly degrade and it’s extremely fun.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Speaking of Amara, going to start a playthrough with her next. What's the best build for the early levels

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

lazerwolf posted:

Speaking of Amara, going to start a playthrough with her next. What's the best build for the early levels

Phasegrasp is a universally useful ability. As for skills: regenerating health is nice, but once you have decent guns the Elemental boost tree is ridiculous.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Father Wendigo posted:

Phasegrasp is a universally useful ability. As for skills: regenerating health is nice, but once you have decent guns the Elemental boost tree is ridiculous.

I found going with green stuff in the early levels for survivability but still using Phasegrasp worked best.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

lazerwolf posted:

Try some mix of red and green. Red for damage, green for survivability. Green does have some powerful damage skills, but you get them quite late, so some red to up your killing power is very advisable, especially since Eternal Fist is an excellent action skill, and Illuminated Fist is an essential skill for any Brawl Amara. You don't need to go too deep into red, though - it peaks early.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What's the general consensus on where to farm terror anoints now that they reigned in the drop rates? Is it just exiting out of Heck without killing Haunt, or is Voracious Canopy the way to go?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Turin Turambar posted:

I did find it tone-deaf and hilariously stupid that they were publicly saying "We know everyone hated getting to level 5 before unlocking their character power so now you can use it right off the bat!" and then thought it would be OK to lock the majority of your equipment slots and only slowly dole it out over the course of campaign milestones.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

DaveKap posted:

I did find it tone-deaf and hilariously stupid that they were publicly saying "We know everyone hated getting to level 5 before unlocking their character power so now you can use it right off the bat!" and then thought it would be OK to lock the majority of your equipment slots and only slowly dole it out over the course of campaign milestones.

Not to mention the hours of unskippable cutscene. My favorite is the ingame dialogues where a character talks for 5 minutes, so I go do something at a vending machine or run into the next area, only to find out I have to go back and talk to that character again after they finish their speech in order to advance the plot.

That or 3+ dialog triggers all happening with 10 meters of each other. I would rather listen to my typhon log than you lilith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Is it better to go to TVHM once you've beaten the game or stick to Mayhem mode on your playthrough?