Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I like the 5.56 ammo on the aug. Good gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
M4 still absolutely nukes people and the damage range on my 680 feels significantly reduced, had to three tap a few folks to get a kill.

loving cripes.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The 680 wasn't changed.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Yeah the 680's just that bad already.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
680 was reliable for me before this patch.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Jokes aside I've actually had a better experience with it today than I have previously. Probably owing to it running on a random number generator and just getting lucky, though.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Holy gently caress, rip the PKM I guess. The M4 has more range than this thing does now.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Are you all rocking the Oden in
Single shot? I like it, but the issue is that way I really either need to run Overkill for an MP5 or shorty fit anything close quarters, whereas with the M4 I can just use that in every situation.

I might level up the .357 and try the snake shot though.

I use the oden full auto with the 3x scope. idgaf

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Thanks for showing this old man how to find the hardcore filter, guys.

I just unlocked the MG34, so far it seems like a pretty strong LMG. Maybe one that can replace my PKM after I levelled it up a bit.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

geez i dunno if it's cuz the 725 is easy to use or because shoot house is so good for grinding, but i went from level 6 earlier today to just getting its gold skin

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I'm just going to make a loadout called 'Shoothouse'.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ive played with the 680 a lot yesterday and it’s great when you can set it up for long range and quick ads

the problem imo is that the 725 is still in a league of its own which makes the other shotties seem bad

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

John F Bennett posted:

I'm just going to make a loadout called 'Shoothouse'.

9 chances out of 10 the profanity filter wont let you

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

84 and 6 you say

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Btw I just got killed by a guy with a knife, then respawned in front of him while he was still sprinting and then he killed me again immediately after

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

torturemyballs posted:

Got my first gold gun, the MP5. Looks pretty cool. There are two other levels, Platinum and Damascus. Though the upgrade to Damascus says you need Diamond camo which as far as I can tell doesn't exist? Lol

Damascus is going to be ROUGH, there are still a lot of crappy camo challenges on bad weapons

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Shima Honnou posted:

Yeah the 680's just that bad already.

The 680 has that weird thing where again they overvalue a statistic (magazine size like the Bizon) and ignore the fact it's almost completely meaningless with the weapons real world performance. Yeah the 680 has a much bigger magazine but you'll be dead before you get the second shot off.

I think it should match the 725 in range and then you'd be directly trading fire rate for not having to reload as much. I've hit people pretty square in the torso well within range and had a hit marker, it's really inconsistent.

The R9-0 seems fine as a "more forgiving" 725 even though one hit range is really the most important stat.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 10, 2019

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Capn Beeb posted:

Holy gently caress, rip the PKM I guess. The M4 has more range than this thing does now.

How bad did the m91 get hit with the nerf?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Challenges still not tracking. Why are they finding this so difficult?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

That first MG was really fun to use. I did switch to the m91 but drat.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Carecat posted:

Damascus is going to be ROUGH, there are still a lot of crappy camo challenges on bad weapons

Enjoy getting Riot Shield Double Kills! in hardcore because it's the only reasonable place

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Went 53-12 in my first match on Shoot House. I was laughing maniacally tossing C4 on B flag and running around with the 725, haven't had that much fun since Shipment. My subsequent matches on that map have been more tame though.

Why does Infinity Ward keep feeling the need to reinvent the wheel on multiplayer challenges every other game? It's so frustrating that you can only have one set of challenges active at a time. At least the officer challenges are all active after they're unlocked.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Whatever the double fire pump shotgun is, is actually pretty legit, people are sleeping on it

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

double confirming the 680 does indeed own when set up for range

lots of fun dropping guys as fast as it can rack

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Are we just not running goon groups, or am I just not plugged in? I joined the community

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What platform? Seems like there are always 2-3 goon parties on PS4 but I haven't seen anyone dive into crossplay too much with it.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I think only waroduce has accepted my activision friend request 😕

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

They put so much effort into making this game more "realistic" and they still have it so that ADS with a shotgun increases the choke lol

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
As a heads up for anyone on PC who is crashing, one of the issues involves having your textures set too low. I turned mine up to normal and haven't crashed since.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Challenges still not tracking. Why are they finding this so difficult?

It tracks but you have to restart the game for it to actually show you. At least on PS4.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Skyarb posted:

Whatever the double fire pump shotgun is, is actually pretty legit, people are sleeping on it

Yeah the rs-9 is the best shotgun it probably was the best even before the 725 nerf. Its big issue seems to me it seems really inconsistent 1HK at mid to long range but im still getting 1HK hip fires at ridiculous range for cod shotguns, not to mention the way the gun works you should probably always double pump someone unless your point blank your not really punished due to guns gimmick.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Up until the latest patch there was still a brief delay on that first shot for the Rs9, and the 725 was just instant. . Which made the 725 feel more lethal at close range imo. It feels like they added that delay for the 725 with the patch though

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

Went 53-12 in my first match on Shoot House. I was laughing maniacally tossing C4 on B flag and running around with the 725, haven't had that much fun since Shipment. My subsequent matches on that map have been more tame though.

Why does Infinity Ward keep feeling the need to reinvent the wheel on multiplayer challenges every other game? It's so frustrating that you can only have one set of challenges active at a time. At least the officer challenges are all active after they're unlocked.

I find it bizarre that IW went back to Ghosts’ lovely challenge system it had at launch. I guess they forgot about how they changed it like a month after the game released?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I know it's not 'ideal' in any sense but running around with a naked AK47 and RPG is absolutely delicious in Hardcore.
Just play as Azur for maximum flavour points.

https://i.gyazo.com/df2c9c8d9bcd92622221590058a35b66.mp4

Die in disgrace!

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 10, 2019

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

I've just come across a strange bug. I was playing on St. petrograd, I had the riot shield and a pistol. I died once, but then I was invincible, but I also couldn't kill anybody else. Has this happened to anybody else?

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
If I have crossplay enabled and I'm on Xbox does that mean I'm playing against people on PC or just PS4? Because I turned it off and immediately started doing a lot better....

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mill Village posted:

I find it bizarre that IW went back to Ghosts’ lovely challenge system it had at launch. I guess they forgot about how they changed it like a month after the game released?

it didn't fail, we were simply doing it wrong.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

They put so much effort into making this game more "realistic" and they still have it so that ADS with a shotgun increases the choke lol

lol most of my kills are still hipfire tho

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Daric posted:

If I have crossplay enabled and I'm on Xbox does that mean I'm playing against people on PC or just PS4? Because I turned it off and immediately started doing a lot better....

Crossplay = everyone including PC.
That'd probably be why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Yeah, crossplay seems to not care what system or whether or not someone is using mouse or a controller, I've seen PC users using controller and Bone+PS4 using mouse all just thrown together. Which, hey, more population.