Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The cast is solid, a shame the show blows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Season one was pretty lame in that they never actually ran away, Nico didn’t have magic powers, and they removed the on connection to the greater MCU from Doctor Strange.

Season two was better since they ran away, Nico has magic powers, and they connected it to the greater MCU via Doctor Strange.

In summary Runaways is a land of contrast.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Runaways the show is so different than the comic

Comics: Our parents are evil? Let’s run away and have adventures!

Show: Our parents are evil? Oh poo poo this brings up a lot of complicated feelings! I’m not super ready to cut them out of my life entirely! Also I’m not sure they’re actually evil. It seems like they just caught up in some bad poo poo. Maybe we should work with them?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
It took most of season one for Molly to wear a cute hat, gently caress that show

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GigaPeon posted:

Runaways the show is so different than the comic

Comics: Our parents are evil? Let’s run away and have adventures!

Show: Our parents are evil? Oh poo poo this brings up a lot of complicated feelings! I’m not super ready to cut them out of my life entirely! Also I’m not sure they’re actually evil. It seems like they just caught up in some bad poo poo. Maybe we should work with them?

Pretty much. Runaways should have stuck to the comics. There are certainly things I'd change in the comics but the show started going downhill before we got to them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Edmund Lava posted:

Season one was pretty lame in that they never actually ran away, Nico didn’t have magic powers, and they removed the on connection to the greater MCU from Doctor Strange.

Season two was better since they ran away, Nico has magic powers, and they connected it to the greater MCU via Doctor Strange.

In summary Runaways is a land of contrast.

I don't remember anything about Doctor Strange in the Runaways show, what?

Granted, I only remember like 12 things in it to begin with and one being that weird fight with that dude with the gun outside of that van. Y'know the guy who got shot with the fistigons and kinda just got back up mostly unphazed? The choreography was such a mess.

Anyway, hopefully they pull an Agents of SHIELD with it and the fourth season onward absolutely kicks rear end.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Re-watching GotG: I find it interesting that Ronan's make-up looks very similar to the Odium's blackened eyes bleeding black oil effect. Almost like these two things are connected somehow... (I know they very likely aren't, but it'd be an interesting backstory that the encounter with Danvers blew his mind so much that he took the Odium, thinking he could fight her with it, and survived the experience due to his sheer strength of will or whatever)

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

Re-watching GotG: I find it interesting that Ronan's make-up looks very similar to the Odium's blackened eyes bleeding black oil effect. Almost like these two things are connected somehow... (I know they very likely aren't, but it'd be an interesting backstory that the encounter with Danvers blew his mind so much that he took the Odium, thinking he could fight her with it, and survived the experience due to his sheer strength of will or whatever)

That's some nice headcanon there, I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, :rip: Cloak & Dagger:
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status...D622%23lastpost

You were too good for this world. If we're talking characters that should make the leap from TV to movies, they're at the top of my list.

:sigh:

At least the series left off at a good place. They get to ride off into the sunset to new adventures while Mayhem moves in as the new vigilante

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Good news for Agents of Shield, it's proving extremely popular on Disney Plus

quote:

Digital TV Research forecasts that Disney Plus will have 101 million paying subscribers by 2025. The total in Western Europe will be 25 million by that point, it estimates, including 6 million in the U.K., 4.3 million in Germany, and 3.8 million in France.

In terms of which content will be most popular, market research firm SimilarWeb has attempted to track what users in the Netherlands have been watching since Disney launched a trial run of Disney Plus there in mid-September. SimilarWeb’s data suggest that, of the 10 most-watched pieces of content, six are series and four are feature films. “Avengers: Infinity War” ranked first overall, followed by the series “Marvel’s Agents of Shield” and “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.”

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well it’s not like we’re getting another season.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
We may get a spin off of Daisy's Secret Avengers or something though.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Feel like we’ve been hearing the AoS secret streaming juggernaut for years now but nothing has really come from it.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

My guess is a whole lot of people are surprised it went beyond S1 when they peaced out after S1E03 years ago and are interested to see what happened.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You guys I think Chloe Bennet and Jeff Ward are going steady.

(because of numerous instagram photos and nothing else)

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009

Rhyno posted:

You guys I think Chloe Bennet and Jeff Ward are going steady.

(because of numerous instagram photos and nothing else)

proof that the lemons work

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They finished AoS months ago but they keep showing up in each other's posts so clearly my IRL ship has come true.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Hopefully now that Disney finally owns all marvel things (except spider-man) outright they can start just putting out good shows, whether MCU related or not. May as well make just all the comic book cartoons while you're at it too.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

NowonSA posted:

Hopefully now that Disney finally owns all marvel things outright they can start just putting out good shows.

That's an interesting line of reasoning.

Entirely unrelated, list of other things that Disney finally owns all of;
-Classic animated Disney movies that don't have a live action version made of them yet
-Star Wars

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

counterfeitsaint posted:

That's an interesting line of reasoning.

Entirely unrelated, list of other things that Disney finally owns all of;
-Classic animated Disney movies that don't have a live action version made of them yet
-Star Wars

Still eagerly waiting on a live action The Proud Family Movie movie and Lilo and Stitch.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Watching Mandalorian and can't help but thinking how great a Dr Aphra series with Chloe Bennet would be

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soonmot posted:

Watching Mandalorian and can't help but thinking how great a Dr Aphra series with Chloe Bennet would be

I'm really eager to see what she does next. I'd totally be fine of she landed in SW as well.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Soonmot posted:

Her or Ellen Wong.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Hey, new pics of the last season.

https://tvline.com/2019/12/24/marve...rv_4xasdvIIbyHk

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
WandaVision filming spoilers. Probably nothing related, but could be a hint of things to come:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7t2FTHgtiA/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
All I'm seeing is a bunch of film crew vehicles and tents.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Slashrat posted:

All I'm seeing is a bunch of film crew vehicles and tents.

Specifically the logo on the trucks appears to be S.W.O.R.D.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh god if Abby is in it I will have multiple things fly out of my body. Unless she doesn't have green hair than what the gently caress?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Clark Gregg posted a behind-the-scenes shot of himself from the last season and it looks like a very handsome season indeed.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
The final season will start airing on may 27th.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yay

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Enver Gjokaj will guest star as Agent Carter's Daniel Sousa in the final season. He is a great actor and I look forward to having him back playing the role from Agent Carter.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The greatest thing would be if they somehow showed the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 of Agent Carter as being the work of the time-traveling Chromicons and made this season work as the final season of Agent Carter too.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I hope one of the episodes is the backdoor pilot for Agents of SWORD.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Slashrat posted:

The greatest thing would be if they somehow showed the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 of Agent Carter as being the work of the time-traveling Chromicons and made this season work as the final season of Agent Carter too.

This would be a great loose end to be able to tie up.

The question would be, the show was really leaning into his character becoming Peggy's husband. With the way Endgame changed things, I wonder how that will work out. This might be an issue, because I think (?) they were halfway through filming this season when Endgame was released (yes, that long ago) and I don't think they had any real heads up about the time shenanigans which would end up happening. So if he's early in the season, that might be weird.

Of course, ultimately I think the Steve/Peggy stuff is meant to be an alternate timeline, with Steve jumping back to the original timeline as old Steve, even if the directors/writers had differing opinions on if he went to an alternate or somehow went to the original timeline. Either way, with this season dealing explicitly with time travel, it seems like they have ample opportunities to repivot their time travel rules/plot later in the season as needed to accommodate Endgame.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Slashrat posted:

This would be great.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Teek posted:

This would be a great loose end to be able to tie up.

The question would be, the show was really leaning into his character becoming Peggy's husband. With the way Endgame changed things, I wonder how that will work out. This might be an issue, because I think (?) they were halfway through filming this season when Endgame was released (yes, that long ago) and I don't think they had any real heads up about the time shenanigans which would end up happening. So if he's early in the season, that might be weird.

Of course, ultimately I think the Steve/Peggy stuff is meant to be an alternate timeline, with Steve jumping back to the original timeline as old Steve, even if the directors/writers had differing opinions on if he went to an alternate or somehow went to the original timeline. Either way, with this season dealing explicitly with time travel, it seems like they have ample opportunities to repivot their time travel rules/plot later in the season as needed to accommodate Endgame.

Between their explicitly stated "just do whatever, it'll work out" and the Ancient One's talk about shattering timelines into the multiverse, I'm pretty sure they can just, y'know, do whatever.

Erev
Jun 9, 2013
So, Cater tie-in confirmed. Almost guaranteed return to the main Cinematic Universe by the end of the series (say last three episodes to give them time for one last great hurrah to prevent the Chronicoms from breaking Real Earth(tm)). Rumors of Quake in A5 and there being a SWORD thing planned (live action show?) What else do we know or suspect?

Guesses:
More SHIELD personnel get seeded throughout movies (background or cameo level - maybe Phil with a bit more to mess with Thor) or as seed characters to help new shows find their footing.
May as something more cause Disney Legend.
Quake giving a shot at a non-Royal family Inhumans reboot.
Grant Ward shows up for old times sake.

Wishes:
The return of the Koenigs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Coulson and Quake for Captain marvel 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan