Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Orv posted:

Horny doesn't care.

They do generally like unnaturally blocky tits :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

https://youtu.be/bhYY_2zPMKM

The really good bit starts at 7:34 or so.

I liked the part shortly before that where she looks at mirror with the first person mod and her head was missing.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

is "noita" a gendered word, and does it refer to the robe-wearer?

Don't most people generally associate witches as being women? The definition does not require it but I guess you could argue that the mental association is probably there for a fair amount of people. Although in this game's case it seems like you're not meant to read too much into the title because you're literally playing as a vague blob of pixels that presumably does witchcraft.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's because the English word "witch" is gendered even though the Finnish word being translated as that isn't.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

That's because the English word "witch" is gendered even though the Finnish word being translated as that isn't.

As a Finn I would actually argue otherwise. If you talk about a noita to someone, the first mental association will be that of the typical witch (or noita-akka) rather than a wizard or whatever. It's not necessarily gendered as such but then again neither is witch, really. They just happen to be understood as meaning a woman who does witchcraft, ahead of the actual definition.

Valtonen
May 13, 2014

Tanks still suck but you don't gotta hand it to the Axis either.

Ruflux posted:

As a Finn I would actually argue otherwise. If you talk about a noita to someone, the first mental association will be that of the typical witch (or noita-akka) rather than a wizard or whatever. It's not necessarily gendered as such but then again neither is witch, really. They just happen to be understood as meaning a woman who does witchcraft, ahead of the actual definition.

This exactly. The word itself isnt gendered but Its use case is- as an example any translation of fantasy literature in Finnish generally speaks of witches as female magicians and males as ”velho” - a staple carried to the current generation by harry potter.

Witchcraft in Finnish as ”noituus” isnt gendered But instead carries a Negative connotation- to use witchcraft someone or something is usually for Ill purposes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well yes all good points but you see, pink is for titties.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
And they say video games aren't educational.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oh does it actually turn the character pink? I can't see the colour :v:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Not any more than they usually already are. It's ambiguously pinkish, unless you're covered in slime, then it's unambiguously pinkish.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'll take your word for it because slime is blue as far as I'm able to discern :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've recently picked up Skyrim VR and looked up the modding scene for that. There are some crazy mods like putting your character's body in game, so you have arms connecting to your disembodied hands and you can look down and see your tits feet. Or being able to move your arms in certain positions to put your weapons in holsters so you don't have to navigate to the menu to switch between weapons.

And then there is a mod where :nws: you can touch breasts, tummy and rear end of female characters (or yourself) which will have physics that react to your hands

God bless modders, and people say that modding one handed is hard :patriot:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
The 'slab is going to singlehandedly bring about a horny technological singularity as soon as haptic VR hits the mainstream.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Angry Diplomat posted:

The 'slab is going to singlehandedly bring about a horny technological singularity as soon as haptic VR hits the mainstream.

Gotta ask if that pun was intentional, because drat. :thunk:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Yeah that was a good one.

Also good is the mod, but the real breakthrough will come when it lets you touch fluffy tail.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Sure you can touch boobs.. if you want.. But can you pet the huskies from Dawnguard?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Our only goal as a society should be to make the Can You Pet the Dog twitter account apply to all to games ever.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

So Code Vein's been out a couple weeks and already gotten some modding attention

First one is standard slab poo poo, the other two are great. :nws:1 2 3:nws:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: It's a penis

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I can't tell any difference.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I have an announcement:

Its also compatible with mods that add dicks to male models along with physics.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Brainamp posted:

So Code Vein's been out a couple weeks and already gotten some modding attention

It's the simple things in life you treasure.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Brainamp posted:

Gotta love modders' priorities. First priority? Nude skin for the female characters. Second priority? Penises. Especially on said female characters, but also on people's faces or wherever you might want them. At least they're consistent!

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

The horrible goose model has now been ripped!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1891519898

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

I figured this had to have happened after I saw this
https://twitter.com/xZombieAlix/status/1185695629764370432

Is the Goose going to be the next Thomas? Maybe, why the hell not.

Griever
Jan 19, 2006

Everything has its beginning
Eagerly awaiting the inevitable Skyrim dragon replacement.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The video for the Skyrim vr boob physics is hilarious because it is so high concept for a mod that's "I wanted to smack some tiddies" literally begins with "IN A WORLD..."

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
What's better than Resident Evil 2 Remake Mods?

The answer: Resident Evil 2 Classic Vinesauce Mod.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So mant Meat Clowns,,

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

"Run, Leon! I mean, Vinny! I mean, me!... this is weird"

lol

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gulping Again posted:

I figured this had to have happened after I saw this
https://twitter.com/xZombieAlix/status/1185695629764370432

Is the Goose going to be the next Thomas? Maybe, why the hell not.

Kinda disappointed the wings aren't moving.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I decided to install the STALKER Demofsen mod on a whim. The main reason I know of its existence is that its titular creator was spamming the Anomaly moddb page a while back, accusing them of stealing.

It's about the level of mod you'd expect from someone like that.

Like a lot of other, modern mods for the game, it's based on Call of Chernobyl and I decided to start in the Cordon because it's what I know. So first off, it spawns you right next to an enemy base that you pretty much just have to run through if you wanna reach the rookie camp. That might be a CoC thing though, I dunno. Anyways, a few random thoughts and screens.

-Enemies all have lifebars. In this case, it's the bar of a pseudodog which wasn't attacking me for some reason. Oh yeah, that's because pseudodogs and cats and maybe other monsters (but definitely not boars) seemed almost completely passive. They just wandered the landscape getting shot by me and NPCs.

-Speaking of the landscape, there was just a random section of Cordon that was littered with, like, 20 Anomalies in a 10 meter radius. They weren't there when I started another game in that area to test something, maybe something went wrong? The Cordon's also been extended eastward and it's just a whole load of bland nothing.

Which kind of seemed to be the thing about the mod in my short time with it. There's just a lot of empty landscape with not a lot of points of interest, or A-life.
-Meet goth girl:

She's got some sort of untranslated backstory cutscene or something when you accept her quest to find a new gun. I skipped it. If you ask about your reward she punches you and starts shooting. I guess it's a sexual thing? Still, it could be worse, she could look like this:

Who I assume is another NPC, one I sadly didn't find.
-There's a stripper pole in the bar in Rostok

And

-Anyway, I quickly got bored and quit, which does mean I wasn't able to find another notable character.

Geee, seems familiar...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Ripping and exporting assets is honest work.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Mordja posted:

-Anyway, I quickly got bored and quit, which does mean I wasn't able to find another notable character.

Geee, seems familiar...

:lol:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mordja posted:

Who I assume is another NPC, one I sadly didn't find.
-There's a stripper pole in the bar in Rostok

My main disappointment is that you were just holding a knife in the bar screenshot, and not in fact wielding an Immersive™ bottle of vodka my wishful thinking had hoped for.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1WYMKSaTA

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

I really don't get why these model swaps get me so, but oh my do they ever.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ocelot as quiet is still the best one.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

He does have a very feminine walk, doesn't he.

And oh god, the leg humping. We all knew that ol' Ocelot maybe liked Big Boss a little bit too much, but that's just lewd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, the MOD isn't the thing here, but...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18308

Do something for me. Look at this mod description. Scroll down to "If you would like to thank me for this mod, please read below. Otherwise, you can skip the text, which is not related to the mod itself. (See spoiler)". Click the spoiler.