Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Thank you friend, hopefully this will force him to actually learn their names rather than just shouting "Everyone's Dad" for Tully and "Everyone's Daddy" for Arn

...why would you want him to stop that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

...why would you want him to stop that?

"I'm Spartacus" but "That's my dad" instead.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Schneider Heim posted:

Thanks for the responses to my game question, everyone!

Here's another:

Recently Emi Sakura and Jericho talked about sharing a mentor in Kodo Fuyuki. It got me interested in looking up who trained who, which often comes up in NJPW English commentary. Who are the most prolific (and successful) trainers in pro-wrestling, east and west?

Diablo Velasco and El Satanico have trained a billion people in Mexico

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Smoking Crow posted:

Diablo Velasco and El Satanico have trained a billion people in Mexico

Wasnt that a Trump campaign slogan?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SiKboy posted:

good post

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

SiKboy posted:

:lol:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SiKboy posted:

lmao

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Impossible, that would involve Trump implying a non-white person is competent.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Fascism requires that its paper enemies be both impossibly vast and powerful, but somehow at the same time pathetic nothings. Like The Big Show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Explosions posted:

Fascism requires that its paper enemies be both impossibly vast and powerful, but somehow at the same time pathetic nothings. Like The Big Show.
:lol:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I spent five minutes looking for that gif of Show shaking his fist in impotent, hilarious fury, and couldn't find it, as a result of that comparison

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

War Horse keeps showing up on my Twitter feed. What's his deal? Is he any good? Because he comes off as Earth-3 Ultimate Warrior where he takes the same basic gimmick but an indie wrestling style and is presumably not human garbage.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Gavok posted:

War Horse keeps showing up on my Twitter feed. What's his deal? Is he any good? Because he comes off as Earth-3 Ultimate Warrior where he takes the same basic gimmick but an indie wrestling style and is presumably not human garbage.

He's fine. Seems like a good dude. Funny, leans into the gimmick. If you have an IWTV account, he had a decent match with Curt Stallion on the Anarchy's No Church In the Wild over the weekend.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So there are a few places I could get every episode of ECW Hardcore TV but what about supercards or PPV's? Those seem harder to come by and I dunno if I'd be missing a lot.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
What's an offer match?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Over the course of their careers did Randy Savage EVER beat Hulk Hogan by pinfall?
Did Savage ever beat Hogan period?

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

fez_machine posted:

What's an offer match?

My understanding is that it's a match showcasing talent from a different brand/show/promotion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChrisBTY posted:

Over the course of their careers did Randy Savage EVER beat Hulk Hogan by pinfall?
Did Savage ever beat Hogan period?

Taken from cagematch, these are the times I can find that Savage defeated Hogan:

1985 - Twice by countout
1986 - Twice by countout
1987 - Once by countout
1989 - Twenty-two times... by countout. All his losses to Hogan in the same time were clean.
1995 - He won the Three Ring Battle Royal which also featured Hulk Hogan
1998 - Twice in singles by DQ, Once in a tag match by DQ, one no-contest

So as far as I can tell, Randy Savage NEVER defeated Hulk Hogan by pinfall. Ever.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I would be royally pitying Savage right now except for the whole 'chronic spousal abuse' thing.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Taken from cagematch, these are the times I can find that Savage defeated Hogan:

1985 - Twice by countout
1986 - Twice by countout
1987 - Once by countout
1989 - Twenty-two times... by countout. All his losses to Hogan in the same time were clean.

So as far as I can tell, Randy Savage NEVER defeated Hulk Hogan by pinfall. Ever.

wow. that's actually kind of insane that Savage couldn't get a pinfall win over Hogan even in WCW. Hogan's Cagematch is just insane. like 50 wins in a row then a loss by DQ or countout then 50 more straight wins

that said i do enjoy this one - Lie Detector Test Vs. Piper's Job: Sean O'Haire defeats Mr. America by Count Out (7:00)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Hulk Hogan losing a match by pinfall or submission is a holiday in some countries.
Mali celebrates 'Undertaker Day' every year on November 27th.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

PublicOpinion posted:

My understanding is that it's a match showcasing talent from a different brand/show/promotion.

That makes sense given the context I've seen the words used. Thanks!

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 11, 2019

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
Does WWE's HR department cover sports entertainers? What I mean is, could Lana or Rusev say no to this lovely angle? They can't contract out Lana's ability to turn down kissing some other guy, right? I feel like this shouldn't have to be a question but it's WWE so it kind of does with how they treat people,

Follow up question, has anyone floated the idea of Maria and her husband's "I asked for my release" twitter post as a way to get out of the cuck angle? They stream lined into Rusev and Lana real quick from Maria and her husband. If you're getting paid just to show up, is it so bad to go "lol gently caress you, I'm here. Count down the time until my contract is up."? Or would WWE lawyer ball them with "well, yeah, you're here but unless you kiss this guy it doesn't count."? It's one thing to say they're injured and add time but could they add time if the worker just didn't want to participate for the offered screen time? How much wiggle room do the "independent contractors" have to say no to a poo poo angle but still have the time count down on their contract?

Quid fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 11, 2019

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

From what Moxley has said it's not impossible, just a huge pain in the rear end if Vince is at all invested in making it happen.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It would be pretty funny to see WWE wrestlers attempt a slowdown in the form of intentionally having bad matches or something. (they've been trying this for years though! etc etc).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Another thing Moxley alluded to was that he felt sympathetic to the writers, who get paid way less for a thankless job and are considered way more expendable, so he wouldn't try to bury them. He specifically talked about the times when he went to a writer with a problem, they'd just shrug and be like "yeah, we know," and then it was like "aw gently caress, gotta go to Vince again," which is where the real burnout comes from. So even when he hated the angle and lost the rewriting battle with Vince, he still felt motivated to go 100% and try to get it over, instead of sandbagging it and getting a writer fired.

I imagine a lot of the wrestlers feel the same way, no matter how humiliating their stories are.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 11, 2019

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Huntman posted:

that said i do enjoy this one - Lie Detector Test Vs. Piper's Job: Sean O'Haire defeats Mr. America by Count Out (7:00)

Vince: "It's Hogan, Hogan, Hogan, Hogan!"
Mr America: "No, no, no, no!"
Lie detector: *ding ding ding ding*

Smackdown crowd: *seagull pop*

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I can't imagine a polygraph would work on Hogan very well since I don't think he so much 'lies' as 'has lost all grasp on reality'

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
I get not wanting to bury the writer. But it doesn't seem like anyone has every really pushed the issue. Moxley is a good example of being tired of saying no so you just let the guy do what he wants. But are there any examples of someone sticking to their guns and insisting on no? Could the WWE freeze a contract for refusing to go along with the plan? I feel like I remember an interview with someone who said you would get less screen time for not going along with the plan but if you want out, who loving cares?

What I mean is, after Luke Harper asked for his release, they could add days to his contract if he's not there. But he could just show up every day and say "put me in coach" right? How much room does he have as an average worker to say no to an angle? Does he have any recourse if they want him to do something that he isn't comfortable with?

I'm not talking about Moxley going partly with Vince's plan but putting his spin on it. I mean what if Roman Reigns came out and became Kevin Nash. No fucks given just did whatever. WWE couldn't pretend like it doesn't count towards the contract, right? Or would he have to lawyer up?

Where is the line between freezing a contract because of injury or what have you vs a worker there to work but not being used? I don't think it's been reached yet but outside of the court house, is there any ball park?

Quid fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Nov 11, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Smackdown crowd: *seagull pop*
oh god that thing was the absolute worst (i always thought of it as the hairdryer pop)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Jerusalem posted:

1985 - Twice by countout
1986 - Twice by countout
1987 - Once by countout

Reminder that Savage was supposed to win this match clean, with Giant throwing out a distracted Hogan and Savage tossing Giant. Hogan decided in the middle of the loving match that he was going to be screwed instead and then spent ten goddamn minutes making sure Savage got nothing out of "the biggest match of all time"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Workers, collectively, have all the power, individual workers have little or none. That's why the WWE, and the United States, is a dogshit hellworld when it comes to labour power.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How many times has someone burned down Bray Wyatt's house by now? First Orton with the compound, then Rollins with the Funhouse or whatever. Along with losing every significant match, why are we supposed to care anymore?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

Benne posted:

Another thing Moxley alluded to was that he felt sympathetic to the writers, who get paid way less for a thankless job and are considered way more expendable, so he wouldn't try to bury them. He specifically talked about the times when he went to a writer with a problem, they'd just shrug and be like "yeah, we know," and then it was like "aw gently caress, gotta go to Vince again," which is where the real burnout comes from. So even when he hated the angle and lost the rewriting battle with Vince, he still felt motivated to go 100% and try to get it over, instead of sandbagging it and getting a writer fired.

I imagine a lot of the wrestlers feel the same way, no matter how humiliating their stories are.

Has Renee been buried since Moxley left and has been openly critical of the WWE/Vince? I don't pay close attention, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if she's been treated like poo poo in response.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
She already gave an interview calling her time at the Raw commentary desk a disaster and basically apologized for it, so take from that what you will.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
She seems to be doing ok. I don't really think she had enough presence to really bury anyway. I doubt she'll be on the WWE Divas show anymore if that's still going.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

She's only staying with WWE so her husband continues to get free healthcare.

Given his match at Full Gear, i'd say that's probably wise.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So I remember a time when he was Tyler Black all the way through I guess his first injury where everyone thought Seth Rollins was the best. A lot of people were even thrilled that he was the one to turn on the Shield. So what happened? I know he injured a bunch of people, including retiring Sting. And apparently he was dating a neo-Nazi? I'm just curious as to how everyone is on the "gently caress Rollins" train now, not that I disagree.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So I remember a time when he was Tyler Black all the way through I guess his first injury where everyone thought Seth Rollins was the best. A lot of people were even thrilled that he was the one to turn on the Shield. So what happened? I know he injured a bunch of people, including retiring Sting. And apparently he was dating a neo-Nazi? I'm just curious as to how everyone is on the "gently caress Rollins" train now, not that I disagree.

Just read his twitter timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Pope Corky the IX posted:

After The Shield turn Seth became a whiny bootlicker both in storyline and real life, Ambrose became a wacky prop comic jobber and Reigns was The Guy until he wasn't, then he was The Guy again, then he wasn't, then he was, and now nobody cares.