Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Astro7x posted:

Target Black Friday ads are out.

You should feel bad if you bought this game at full price

Buy Judgement instead. It's the GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Eh, DQ Builders 2 for $30 might be worth it, except for the whole Black Friday crowds thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ShadowedFlames posted:

Eh, DQ Builders 2 for $30 might be worth it, except for the whole Black Friday crowds thing.

there'll be better online deals

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Buy Judgement instead. It's the GOTY.

I don't see that game on there. I do see Judgment, tho. (Yes, that's how they spelled it.)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I still gotta get Judgment. It looks incredibly dope.

Not surprised WWE 2k20 is already at half price about two or so weeks after it came out.

Such good poo poo!

Still probably not worth it. I bought Ninja Warriors Once Again on Switch and it seems like a better wrestling game than 2k20. And basically the only wrestling move in that game is an elbow drop, it doesn't even count.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

coconono posted:

there'll be better online deals

True. Plus my backlog as it already stands....

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IGgy IGsen posted:

I still gotta get Judgment. It looks incredibly dope.

It is, but I still haven't finished it because I got Yakuza burnout. After getting like one of those games every 5 years, we've gotten like 6 in 18 months.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So real talk, does anyone actually like the MyCareer mode in sports games? I bounced off of NBA 2K17 because of the constant unskippable cutscenes and got bored with WWE19 as soon as I got to the main roster.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I don't play the nba games, but road to the show from the MLB series is miles better than whatever poo poo is in the wwe games

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Entrance Craft DLC is up for the PS4 version of FPW now. I have spent... a solid amount of time on it.

(Has anyone figured out what "Timing" does on the camera settings? Transition controls how abruptly you change from one to the other, but the other I don't get.)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I don't play the nba games, but road to the show from the MLB series is miles better than whatever poo poo is in the wwe games
road to the show is great especially if you play as a speedy base-stealing contact hitter. Sluggers are kinda boring to play by comparison just imo

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
I still hate all the new WWE 2K games because almost everything is Lootboxed, and you can't do any of the cool characters that do Brain Busters and 450 Splashes unless you are just lucky.

I wonder how low in price it will go...

Until then, I'll probably play Monkey Ball and see where that No Mercy mod is.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

TelevisedInsanity posted:

I still hate all the new WWE 2K games because almost everything is Lootboxed, and you can't do any of the cool characters that do Brain Busters and 450 Splashes unless you are just lucky.

I wonder how low in price it will go...

Until then, I'll probably play Monkey Ball and see where that No Mercy mod is.

2k20 looks unplayable at any price.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Maxwell Lord posted:

Entrance Craft DLC is up for the PS4 version of FPW now. I have spent... a solid amount of time on it.

(Has anyone figured out what "Timing" does on the camera settings? Transition controls how abruptly you change from one to the other, but the other I don't get.)

Unless it's broken on PS4, Transition changes the speed of the camera movement and Timing changes when it happens. First thing I did was change the Timing of most edits because if you have a taunt at the entranceway, the camera change is way too slow to catch it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

road to the show is great especially if you play as a speedy base-stealing contact hitter. Sluggers are kinda boring to play by comparison just imo

Yea this is absolutely true. I’m awful and save scum the game but it’s a blast.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

knuckleball closers ftw

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah playing a knuckler is fun as hell but also kinda down to luck whether you pitch a good innings or not so it can frustrating

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do baseball video game managers still pull you if you've pitched a 2 hit shutout going into the 9th if you've almost thrown 100 pitches. i last played on the glorious PSP console

Takuan
May 6, 2007

So yeah I hear in 2k20 if you download Ribbie as a CAW then try to add hair to it the game freaks out in a big way.

And also I guess my Fire Pro Wrestling show is tonight. Starting in like 2 minutes. I'd type up a preview or something more enthusiastic, but I spent last weekend in a unholy hellscape known as 'the greater Atlanta area' and I'm still exhausted from it.

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling/

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

jesus WEP posted:

yeah playing a knuckler is fun as hell but also kinda down to luck whether you pitch a good innings or not so it can frustrating

Oh, god, so much THIS. I play a starting pitcher knuckleballer and I could have 80+ in all of my stats and still randomly get shelled for 4 runs an inning. When the game decides that your ERA is going up, ain’t much you can do about it.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cavauro posted:

do baseball video game managers still pull you if you've pitched a 2 hit shutout going into the 9th if you've almost thrown 100 pitches. i last played on the glorious PSP console

I haven’t played a pitcher but they will bench a 550 hitter without hesitation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh hey, a good wrestling game just got official:

https://twitter.com/RetrosoftStudio/status/1194355614790627328

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Oh wow that's awesome. Arc System Works has been really doing a lot with the Technos IPs they acquired.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Pompadour ZSJ has extreme BDE

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
that roster makes me lol every time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ZSJ vs. Road Warrior Animal is my dream match

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

WatermelonGun posted:

that roster makes me lol every time.

I'm more amused by the fact Hollywood Nova doesn't make the poster :v:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Hopefully it turns out better than the actual WWE WrestleFest sequel did, now that was disappointing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I picked up that Journey of Wrestling game again. It’s fun, the dev has been consistently adding features over the last year. It’s a nice compliment to TEW if you want something that is less deep and moves a lot quicker.

I just want him to make it into an app rather than a website, it would be perfect for playing on the subway.

I just ran an angle that generates a random feud. Now I have to do Kenny Omega vs Allie for the world title.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 13, 2019

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My library just got WWE 2K20 in. Worth picking up to play for free and see how horrible it is, or not worth the gas to get to the library?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Get a book and get the game just in case the book is boring

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'd get two books and forget about the game, tbh

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Honestly I'd just grab three books, probably some horror, fantasy, or adventure. If the librarian gives you poo poo, just let them know you're the page master.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

triplexpac posted:

I picked up that Journey of Wrestling game again. It’s fun, the dev has been consistently adding features over the last year. It’s a nice compliment to TEW if you want something that is less deep and moves a lot quicker.

I just want him to make it into an app rather than a website, it would be perfect for playing on the subway.

I just ran an angle that generates a random feud. Now I have to do Kenny Omega vs Allie for the world title.

Journey of Wrestling is absolutely tremendous.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does anyone have links handy to some of newLEGACYinc's best stuff? I only started watching recently, like the highlights from this years Royalest Rumble and the 2k20 storyline mode, and I enjoy them.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does anyone have links handy to some of newLEGACYinc's best stuff? I only started watching recently, like the highlights from this years Royalest Rumble and the 2k20 storyline mode, and I enjoy them.

There's always this classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIOrMtQM834

EDIT: for more substantial content there's also there WWE2k18 Road to Glory highlights, with created wrestler "Old Man Jenkins"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcRf_KywlyI
(this video has part of the creation process in the highlights)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtZ9UzvdEuU

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 15, 2019

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Honestly I'd just grab three books, probably some horror, fantasy, or adventure. If the librarian gives you poo poo, just let them know you're the page master.

What if the librarian insults your hometown sports team though?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Pope Corky the IX posted:

While I don't have the link on hand, the saga of NL Slip in Wrestling Revolution 2d needs to be witnessed either in highlight form or its entirety. I think there's a Playlist of highlights on their channel as well.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

While I don't have the link on hand, the saga of NL Slip in Wrestling Revolution 2d needs to be witnessed either in highlight form or its entirety. I think there's a Playlist of highlights on their channel as well.

these and the fire pro brawl 4 alls are my faves