Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Gabrus is amazing on the new Teacher's Lounge.

For anyone who hasn't heard it. He plays a guy who's obsessed with workouts and action movies. He also has a a lot of anonymous sex and questions his sexuality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
“plays”

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Incredible range on that guy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He manages to keep a...vaguely Southern(?) accent going for 30 minutes, it's not just A NEW YAWK GUY

cams
Mar 28, 2003

all time great hollywood handbook today

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

cams posted:

all time great hollywood handbook today

i am just now listening to it and only got to tom laying out the concept and oh my loving god

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

It might just be that it’s Too Close to some stuff happening at my work right now, but man I did not love this pro version concept.

The airplane clip is great though.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

they're going in real hard this week on making a show that is unlistenable to non fans

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Roach Warehouse posted:

It might just be that it’s Too Close to some stuff happening at my work right now, but man I did not love this pro version concept.

Kevin said they got permission from Engineer Ryan + he thought it was funny if that helps

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
It's one of the best HHPro episodes of all time. I laughed so much.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Roach Warehouse posted:

Did your boss sing a song about how you are a Michael Jackson apologist and are going to shoot everyone?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Fellatio del Toro posted:

they're going in real hard this week on making a show that is unlistenable to non fans

Fairly certain they gave up on new fans four years ago

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Boys lose another sponsor in real time on this week's The Flagrant Ones.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Boys lose another sponsor in real time on this week's The Flagrant Ones.

I really don't think advertisers understand the value of having the reads be crazy.

This reminds me, I need to go back through the last few episodes of Teacher's Lounge just for the ads. "This deodorant is not for cokeheads." "You can eat it! You can eat Native deodorant. Print that."

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't listen yet, was it the brilliant earth ad about the average penis length being 2 inches

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't listen yet, was it the brilliant earth ad about the average penis length being 2 inches
i haven't listened to HH ads in a very long time, but yes they did say it was a brilliant earth ad.

for people who care but don't listen to the flagrant ones, hayes saw a text sent to he and sean and asked sean if he could guess, without looking, what company is upset with an ad they did. sean replies that he thinks brilliant earth wants them to record a make-good. hayes says no, they actually just aren't sponsoring the show any more.

then they go back to basketball talk.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JethroMcB posted:

This reminds me, I need to go back through the last few episodes of Teacher's Lounge just for the ads. "This deodorant is not for cokeheads." "You can eat it! You can eat Native deodorant. Print that."

I heard the one about Ruse wigs and still can't work out if it's a real company or not. I know it's definitely not kangaroo related at least.

Scott needs to learn from HH and TL on how to do ad reads though, I skip so hard through the CBB ones.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

cams posted:

i haven't listened to HH ads in a very long time, but yes they did say it was a brilliant earth ad.
lmfao, the moment Sean said that on HH this week, I knew it was over for them. Why can't everyone be as cool as Harry's?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

cams posted:

for people who care but don't listen to the flagrant ones, hayes saw a text sent to he and sean and asked sean if he could guess, without looking, what company is upset with an ad they did. sean replies that he thinks brilliant earth wants them to record a make-good. hayes says no, they actually just aren't sponsoring the show any more.

then they go back to basketball talk.

I'm going to have Carl beat you up for taking those spoilers past the paywall.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

lmfao, the moment Sean said that on HH this week, I knew it was over for them. Why can't everyone be as cool as Harry's?

So did Sean. He did a pause and a snicker in just such a way that you could tell he knew it was going too far but he was going to do it anyway.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

feedmyleg posted:

So did Sean. He did a pause and a snicker in just such a way that you could tell he knew it was going too far but he was going to do it anyway.

They got that Patreon Money now.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

I heard the one about Ruse wigs and still can't work out if it's a real company or not. I know it's definitely not kangaroo related at least.

Scott needs to learn from HH and TL on how to do ad reads though, I skip so hard through the CBB ones.

how many sponsors has scott lost again? yeah that's what i thought. maybe the HH boys could learn from him. then they wouldn't have to have a pathetic patreon show that's a big secret nobody even cares about.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Stitcher Premium is worth it just so I don’t have to hear Scott’s ads, but I never skip an ad on Hollywood Handbook.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Sean and Hayes have started doing a lot more ad reads separately and it makes them way less interesting to me. I still listen to 'em, but their chemistry is kinda the point.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~

the Insane Piano posted:

how many sponsors has scott lost again? yeah that's what i thought. maybe the HH boys could learn from him. then they wouldn't have to have a pathetic patreon show that's a big secret nobody even cares about.

Is that you, Parking Lot Scott?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

Sean and Hayes have started doing a lot more ad reads separately and it makes them way less interesting to me. I still listen to 'em, but their chemistry is kinda the point.

Agreed. Though I do like Hayes' new "Punchy, straightforward but still full of bullshit" solo style.

Nemo posted:

Stitcher Premium is worth it just so I don’t have to hear Scott’s ads, but I never skip an ad on Hollywood Handbook.

Also agreed; when I check the Earwolf website for an episode I'm always surprised to see who is sponsoring CBB these days (Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order?!)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I press the 30+ sec skip button 10 times the second an ad break starts on CBB and I'm pretty aghast if Scotty Thotty is still talking when it jumps back in. Who is going to listen to them at 5+ minutes long. I love Scott, but no.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It doesn't help that Scott's ad reads are just dreadful. I'm not sure I've heard anyone sound more like they were trying to sell me something. Isn't the point that it's supposed to sound personal from a host you trust?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

feedmyleg posted:

It doesn't help that Scott's ad reads are just dreadful. I'm not sure I've heard anyone sound more like they were trying to sell me something. Isn't the point that it's supposed to sound personal from a host you trust?

10 years of convincing you not to go to the post office takes its toll on a man

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's weird that each read seems unique, but the jokes don't ever really change.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

feedmyleg posted:

It doesn't help that Scott's Paul Scheer's ad reads are just dreadful. I'm not sure I've heard anyone sound more like they were trying to sell me something. Isn't the point that it's supposed to sound personal from a host you trust?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

They all can take a lesson from Griffin Newman's ad reads.

Ding-dong!

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

piratepilates posted:

10 years of convincing you not to go to the post office takes its toll on a man

my dear boy

Seaniqua fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 15, 2019

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The only ads he really cares about are the Thomas's english muffins. Don't get me started on those nooks and crannies.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

ManoliIsFat posted:

The only ads he really cares about are the Thomas's english muffins. Don't get me started on those nooks and crannies.

kevin, don't get on mic while I ask you several questions about these crunchy english muffins, with peanut butter on mine

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm just now getting to the Friday the 13th 6 episode of HDTGM. I couldn't understand the bit about a person wearing suspenders to hold up sweatpants, and a shirt over the suspenders. I mean, I can imagine it and I saw the outfit, but...why? Why dress like that?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ManoliIsFat posted:

I let my Stitcher Premium lapse for a few weeks and had to listen to one of these where Scott ate a muffin on mic? It was absolutely disgusting and kinda pissed me off and it got me to re-up on Stitcher Premium the next day. So I think it works?

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Paul Rust losing it over “local tot” on the last In Myers We Trust was great.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Chairman Capone posted:

They all can take a lesson from Griffin Newman's ad reads.

Ding-dong!

i wish i could find the blank check ad-read where griffin did every single character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Another fire episode of hollywood handbook. The Comedy Central app/video player stuff was too good.