Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
I am hooking up zip-line networks throughout the mountains and boy the process of prospecting good locations and getting all the way up to them is Very Fun. L1 is indispensible for this.

Not as fun as the ride back to the distro center though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Maya Fey posted:

for reference

oh my god that's adorable

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This credit sequence. KOJIMAAAAAA

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

A Sometimes Food posted:

We really should have type 4 cum grenades.

Or let us smear sticky white stuff onto weapons like Demons Souls.

That's the type 0

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lmao I hope Kojima never stops making games.

In regards to the shower scenes, I love that there are like 15 unique animations for it that almost all come as close as humanly possibly to showing you Norman Reedus' dick.

Looking forward to when PC modders rip the models and discover that he is lovingly fully detailed.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Speaking of safehouse cutscenes: I skip through everything, but I realized I skipped past one cutscene I hadn't seen. I'm on chapter something or another in the second area, and I took the elevator down, skip, went to sleep, skip and woke up, skip. But wait, there's nothing to skip when you wake up usually! Anyone know what that was about?

Skeletron
Nov 21, 2005

One day I found out that my urine was acting like a powerful foaming agent.

Black Griffon posted:

Speaking of safehouse cutscenes: I skip through everything, but I realized I skipped past one cutscene I hadn't seen. I'm on chapter something or another in the second area, and I took the elevator down, skip, went to sleep, skip and woke up, skip. But wait, there's nothing to skip when you wake up usually! Anyone know what that was about?
Could it be the Fragile shower scene??

Edit: In Chapter 3

Skeletron fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 13, 2019

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Black Griffon posted:

maybe the Rain Desertman cutscene?

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Black Griffon posted:

There actually is a skippable "waking up" cutscene but you can't skip it during the first ~5 seconds, where it shows the blood it has drawn from you. Also I think if you've rested recently then it won't draw any blood and you can skip that right away.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Skeletron posted:

Could it be the Fragile shower scene??

Edit: In Chapter 3

Nah, that I've seen.

Maya Fey posted:

maybe the Rain Desertman cutscene?

uuuuuuh maybe? haven't heard of him before

Triarii posted:

There actually is a skippable "waking up" cutscene but you can't skip it during the first ~5 seconds, where it shows the blood it has drawn from you. Also I think if you've rested recently then it won't draw any blood and you can skip that right away.

true enough, but the first few seconds before I skipped it were different

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DropsySufferer posted:

If I loved Phantom Pain will I love this? It has mixed reviews so I'm hesitating. Hideo Kojima screwed me with MGS4 so I'm not just going to throw money at him this time. Hoping this is more like MGS5?

I'm not sure where the mixed reviews are for this game

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://twitter.com/Robot_Bastard/status/1194330593108152320

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

As far as Kojima narrative beats go, I think the concept that people got so fed up with the internet that they need coercion and bribery in order to rejoin Internet 2.0 is just as prescient as the reason the Patriots felt they needed to make Arsenal Gear way back in MGS2.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JBP posted:

I'm not sure where the mixed reviews are for this game

I think Kojima is confusing angry tweets for "reviews". The reception has been overwhelming positive from pretty much everywhere

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i think he was specifically talking about the US IGN review as opposed to the other country IGN reviews

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

precision posted:

I think Kojima is confusing angry tweets for "reviews". The reception has been overwhelming positive from pretty much everywhere

There are a few major outlets with middling reviews and Giant Bomb's fairly idiotic review, but yeah the vast majority are positive. I think the US sites have been less kind towards the game for reasons Kojima already pointed out (they're uncultured swine that don't deserve anything)

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

not that it needs to be said but he is, of course, entirely correct.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Also, the videogame grapevine on these forums, twitter and other places have expressed everything from annoyance to outright fury at the game and Kojima, and even though that's How Gamers Always Are, it's more pronounced for a title like this.

Like, I checked out a twitch streamer I watch now and then the day before release, and he was so loving angry at the game because it wasn't what he expected, and even though you should ignore stuff like that, it still colors your perception and your expectations if you keep watching and reading (which I didn't). That's the reason I was worried going in, and I'm very happy I had nothing to worry about.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you think America is uncultured swine, I can only presume you've never been to the UK during football season

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Black Griffon posted:

Also, the videogame grapevine on these forums, twitter and other places have expressed everything from annoyance to outright fury at the game and Kojima, and even though that's How Gamers Always Are, it's more pronounced for a title like this.

Like, I checked out a twitch streamer I watch now and then the day before release, and he was so loving angry at the game because it wasn't what he expected, and even though you should ignore stuff like that, it still colors your perception and your expectations if you keep watching and reading (which I didn't). That's the reason I was worried going in, and I'm very happy I had nothing to worry about.

Is this post about Death Stranding or Pokemon, am i right??

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Macaluso posted:

Is this post about Death Stranding or Pokemon, am i right??

I did think "man this whole post could be about pokémon" while writing it, I'll admit, and I haven't even paid attention to that whole thing.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Anyone know where they explain the Exclamation points over bunkers and cities sometimes?

I assume its for a delivery but nothing special is really popping out in the list.

EDIT: NVM on the map it says above the icon when you hover over it. Mine just says Cargo for Sam Present, but there isnt? Orders for Sam is greyed out.

the_enduser fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 14, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Tertius Oculum posted:

Anyone know where they explain the Exclamation points over bunkers and cities sometimes?

I assume its for a delivery but nothing special is really popping out in the list.

It means there's a new delivery to take at that location. I think it includes new standard deliveries.

E: I like watching people play this game and fall down then complain and it's like how have you reached chapter three and not realised that running directly at jagged rocks is less efficient that going literally two metres around it while not breaking sprint... Sad.

JBP fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Nov 14, 2019

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It’s in the shared locker

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I I I

I I I

I I I

I I I

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

JBP posted:

E: I like watching people play this game and fall down then complain and it's like how have you reached chapter three and not realised that running directly at jagged rocks is less efficient that going literally two metres around it while not breaking sprint... Sad.

One of the reasons I hate watching anyone play anything unless I know they're good or they gently caress up on purpose is because it's endlessly frustrating to watch someone fail at super basic concepts and then get angry at gravity.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
hello; thread

BB's connector looks like a melted woody from toy story

thanks

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Black Griffon posted:

One of the reasons I hate watching anyone play anything unless I know they're good or they gently caress up on purpose is because it's endlessly frustrating to watch someone fail at super basic concepts and then get angry at gravity.

There's a weird thing going on here where people seem to simultaneously be angry that the game is about lugging poo poo around but also mad that the game actually emphasizes movement, momentum, and gravity and builds concrete systems about lugging poo poo around and doesn't just have the logistics of movement de-emphasized like in RPGs where Geralt of Rivia is carrying 40 books, 50kg of monster bits for alchemy, and six suits of armor with no problems at all.

gently caress...I kinda want a Witcher collab now.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

the same kind of people hating on death stranding now are the ones who slammed MGS2 and hurdur kojima spork nonsensed about its plot then

be on the right side of history folks, don’t be one of those who don’t appreciate greatness in its time. when we’re all pissing and making GBS threads in bottles to hurl at ghosts in 20 years time you won’t have to hang your head and say you never saw it coming

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Death Stranding 2: it's the same but you're ten years older and have to do warm up stretches for five minutes or you'll pull a muscle.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Mandrel posted:

the same kind of people hating on death stranding now are the ones who slammed MGS2 and hurdur kojima spork nonsensed about its plot then

be on the right side of history folks, don’t be one of those who don’t appreciate greatness in its time. when we’re all pissing and making GBS threads in bottles to hurl at ghosts in 20 years time you won’t have to hang your head and say you never saw it coming

Truer words have never been spoken.

Also, one of the reasons I truly, honestly believe this game is a masterpiece, is because Kojima took all his Kojima energy that he'd previously put into military accuracy, weapons and killing, and put every single drop of it into completely different systems, but it's still has Big Kojima Energy all over it.

It's clearly one of his games, but the challenges have been turned on their head. For all his bluster, I truly believe he realized his vision of creating a game that is truly a game (i.e. it has gameplay, challenges, skill requirements) that is about connections rather than killing. Instead of an assortment of weapons you have an assortment of movement tools, instead of multiplayer PVP you have multiplayer cooperation, and so on. (edit: you also have weapons, but you get my point)

Like, the loving rear end in a top hat actually did it. Every single dipshit who's angry at what the game turned out to be, obviously paid no attention to Kojima's words and deeds.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The people that don't like it don't bother me. I can totally see how someone wouldn't like this game. There are friends who I could never recommend this game to.

I hate the people that are like "This game sucks, I hate playing it, it's really terrible and not fun at all, however 9/10". gently caress oooooofffff.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Tertius Oculum posted:

EDIT: NVM on the map it says above the icon when you hover over it. Mine just says Cargo for Sam Present, but there isnt? Orders for Sam is greyed out.

"Cargo for Sam" means there's something in the shared locker specifically for you. Something you dropped and another player picked up and took to that location I believe.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Carecat posted:

Also the vehicles stalling and 10~ second cutscene even if you are on a road and completely safe from BTs

Esp that section of the highway above the cosplayers. Almost rolled off the first time it happened.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

This boss fight with Higgs expects me to be way more invested in him than anyone reasonably would.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Higgs needs a real GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS scene earlier in the game imo

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yo where is our Bridge Babbies gang tag?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mules surely

Cause people here can't stop posting.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

JBP posted:

Yo where is our Bridge Babbies gang tag?
Delivery Daddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
For me the gameplay is super fun, rebuilding each area is great and you really get the feeling you're working with other people to rebuild the infrastructure.

And if you really want to fight dudes there's a million mules all over the place plus you can steal their poo poo.