Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
https://twitter.com/DevalPatrick/status/1194947881792352257?s=20
I'm so excited for the Deval Patrick campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VladimirLeninpest
Jun 23, 2005

gn gorilla
Fallen Rib

Deval!

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

mastershakeman posted:

Yiz saw the new star trek short where the autistic engineer got bullied by his captain and told he was being transferred , intercut with picard explaining how it was the officers job to help Barclay integrate well with society

That vid hosed me up. I'm so proud of Barclay.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

lol every reply is negative

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

mastershakeman posted:

Yiz saw the new star trek short where the autistic engineer got bullied by his captain and told he was being transferred , intercut with picard explaining how it was the officers job to help Barclay integrate well with society, right?

New trek is despicable and it's funny how much more tng resonates on a rewatch since I know what social anxieties are and how Barclays episodes dealt with them

TNG was awesome for those kinds of moments. I haven't watched it in a few years now but I bet I could sit down and still enjoy it nearly as much as the first time. Same with DS9 although I did rewatch it recently.

freckle posted:

gently caress off, liberal

Don't get me wrong, Farscape was really fun. But you can't sit here and pretend that the story or character arcs were something to be praised.

mastershakeman posted:

Farscape is the best scifi show all time if you ignore red dwarf and the prisoner, bab5 a close second. Expanse has a chance to pass them

But star trek is way more culturally relevant and it's crazy how hard it's ethos of teamwork and listening to others is to replicate (heh)

Never seen Red Dwarf or Prisoner, guess I could look it up. As for the Expanse, i binged watched all 3 seasons this weekend and I feel like a fool for not having done so earlier.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i still cannot believe that threshold was a real episode that actually happened

we do not talk about this episode. ever

Dalael has issued a correction as of 14:23 on Nov 14, 2019

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Rodatose posted:

flashback to when kamala harris caught on to the existence of the conservative sexual identity joke but not its purpose

I don't know how I missed this story.. Wtf is with that ban? What sort of hosed up rational have they come up this time?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/1194965084478550016

:hmbol:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Nichael posted:

are they just copy pasting from aipac?

but palestinian people don't, right Joe? Who cares about them living in an open air prison, walled on all sides with checkpoints. loving hell

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
ahahahaaaa welcome, Deval, ty for doing your part to destroy the DNC forever

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

The bernie bro raiding party consists of 3-5 bros at the smallest (colloquially known as a chapo) and can be as large as 35 - 70. The raiding party will head into the forums wasteland where they will hunt their prey - a lanyard. The lanyard can be seen here in their natural habitat - a think tank conference room discussing the appropriate means testing to be applied to a tax credit. When the Bernie bro finds and engages their target, they begin to move at a swift speed which alerts the other bros and their parties which will soon form together into a harassing party.

It is at this point the lead bro will startle the lanyard by screaming "better things are possible" which will anger and confuse the lanyard causing them to fall over and be unable to rise back to their feet due to the lack of consistency in their spines. Now isolated from the rest of their bubble, few have survived the encounter with a bro raiding party, as the bros will soon ratio the poor lanyard until they are no longer able to respond back. Ah, but such is nature.

Thank you mr Attenborough for lending your voice for the narration of this post.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

....they are?

like seriously the kgb I could accept but the cia??

Was just about to post along those lines... feels like whever the cia tries to kill someone, it fails. How many times did they fail at assassinating Castro?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Apparently the quote is from August, but looking at Wikipedia, Chafee hasn't ruled out a bid for the Libertarian nomination.

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
Deval!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone give me a list of recommended tng episodes I'm not watching all of that poo poo like 90% of it is gay nerd poo poo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Someone give me a list of recommended tng episodes I'm not watching all of that poo poo like 90% of it is gay nerd poo poo

google Picard flute and watch the episode that comes up. I wanna say it’s “the inner light”

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

google Picard flute and watch the episode that comes up. I wanna say it’s “the inner light”

Sounds sus

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

code of honor

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That's a good suggestion but he won't understand this episode unless he watches all the others before it. He should watch all the others before it, is my point.

freckle posted:

code of honor

Oh you evil, evil man

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1095186939437699072

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1194965323977506817

:ironicat:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bernie Sanders

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao it was just a penny whistle, could they really have not taught him a simple tune

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
star war is the best hard sci fi show there is

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

https://twitter.com/ericfell/status/1194200262019170304?s=21

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

I kinda agree with this. You can be wealthy without being overly greedy. It's just rare

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dalael posted:

I'm not too sure about that ranking... Story wize, I think babylon 5 could be higher but at the same time, it can't take TNG of DS9's place so I don't know. Farscape was fun but wasn't a great show by any means.

Permaban queued.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol

Hillary's gonna jump in when Deval Patrick's campaign tanks in 2 months

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Permaban queued.

Seconded

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol

I unironically love the dumb changes that Lucas kept making to star war

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Permaban queued.

The overall story wasn't great, the character arcs were rather poor. Individual episodes were fun tho, I can't take that way from them. But an intellectual show it was not. What is was, was good entertainment for the sake of entertainment.
DS9, TNG, Babylon 5 all beat it by far. And the Expanse, holy poo poo.. I am so glad I watched that show.

spacemang_spliff posted:

Only if you accept that Episode 7, 8 and 9 have yet to be made. Whatever Disney came up with is complete trash. Except Rogue One which is the only one that felt like a StarWars

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

All good things....

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

the whole point of TNG is that it's gay nerd poo poo, dumbass

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dalael posted:

That's a good suggestion but he won't understand this episode unless he watches all the others before it. He should watch all the others before it, is my point.

Oh you evil, evil man

She

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Venom Snake posted:

the whole point of TNG is that it's gay nerd poo poo, dumbass
Nah

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

fully automated luxury space gay nerd poo poo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

"The Inner Light" (S05E25) and "Darmok" (S05E2) are regarded as two of the the best episodes

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
star trek without gay nerd poo poo is New Star Trek which is so loving awful post-revolution everyone involved in the production should be forced to work on an asteroid mine

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/TeamWarren/status/1194756157337985025

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

mastershakeman posted:

Farscape is the best scifi show all time if you ignore red dwarf and the prisoner, bab5 a close second. Expanse has a chance to pass them

But star trek is way more culturally relevant and it's crazy how hard it's ethos of teamwork and listening to others is to replicate (heh)

Look I love Babylon 5- but the thing is that show has not one but two separate white male Jesus's (who both get either reborn or resurrected) and Sheridan's every interaction with the league of non-aligned worlds basically comes off as him behaving like an entitled lanyard telling every nonhuman that their priorities/needs are irrelevant in comparison to his grand plan. (He literally treats them like spoiled children that have to be tricked into acting in their own best interest.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Prester Jane posted:

Look I love Babylon 5- but the thing is that show has not one but two separate white male Jesus's (who both get either reborn or resurrected) and Sheridan's every interaction with the league of non-aligned worlds basically comes off as him behaving like an entitled lanyard telling every nonhuman that their priorities/needs are irrelevant in comparison to his grand plan. (He literally treats them like spoiled children that have to be tricked into acting in their own best interest.)

On the other hand, we get to see 5 different Londos.