Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pomp posted:

You joke, but a character that's just one big expanded riff on balrog would be incredible

toasterwarrior alluded to it, but man does it make my heart sad that we'll never get a follow up to God Hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Zelder posted:

toasterwarrior alluded to it, but man does it make my heart sad that we'll never get a follow up to God Hand.

please don't say those words. they make my heart sad too.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
where is katana daddy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I cannot believe the “we have no plans for a Vergil DLC” thing wasn’t a fake out. I can’t imagine anyone who owns DMCV wouldn’t snap it up at almost any price.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I chose to believe that there's going to be a Vergil standalone expansion that is technically not dlc. I need to believe.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition featuring Vergil from the Devil May Cry series.

The special edition of 3 took 1 year. The special edition of 4 took 7 years.

Taking the absolute value of the difference between the game number and the time it took to come out reveals the beginning (kinda) of the Fibonacci sequence.

3 - 1 = 2
4 - 7 = 3
5 - X = 5

Therefore the special edition of 5 will take 10 years.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Sam Faust posted:

I chose to believe that there's going to be a Vergil standalone expansion that is technically not dlc. I need to believe.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Release the Snyder Cut Capcom

edit: The Snyder Judgment Cut

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I think Itsuno's too busy with Dragon's Dogma 2 for a Vergil expansion.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
If it's true, he's earned it.

BUT STILL VERGIL DLC WHEN

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Let some young prodigy helm it! That's what got us dmc3 in the first place!!!!!!!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Please I just need co-op...

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
If anything, DMCV was probably the price Itsuno had to pay for another shot at Dragon's Dogma.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
im shocked that a game in tyool 2019 was just finished and released instead of being a slow constant IV drip of updates of debatable quality for 2-3 years.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I guess Vs move set being rather threadbare doesn’t count

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

V's the equivalent of stuff like the dice games and gyroblades in 4 or the light puzzles and platforming in 3. just a minigame to break up the pace a little so you don't forget how cool the actual gameplay of dmc is. he's got more than enough room for cool stuff and tech given how obviously not the focus of the game he is (only three required levels + one that's just a few bossfights in a hallway)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Like dlc

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

darealkooky posted:

im shocked that a game in tyool 2019 was just finished and released instead of being a slow constant IV drip of updates of debatable quality for 2-3 years.

You comin' in with the smarmy take and forgetting Bloody Palace was DLC.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

dlc that was in the original game that launched and arbitrarily held for a month for no reason besides artificial hype extension while hackers played around with it

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Vergil killed epstein

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

toasterwarrior posted:

Vergil killed epstein

Epstein laughs. "Oh, you mean the Devil Sword Sparda?"

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Finally got through son of sparda last night with plentiful usage of gold orbs on both Virgil fights. Any tips for DMD? The very first mission had enemies taking forever to kill, should I be focusing on any specific moves? With Nero I'm always charging shots and wailing away but don't use the arms that much, time to figure that out?

And with Dante is there any one weapon to stick with or just do whatever I like?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

Finally got through son of sparda last night with plentiful usage of gold orbs on both Virgil fights. Any tips for DMD? The very first mission had enemies taking forever to kill, should I be focusing on any specific moves? With Nero I'm always charging shots and wailing away but don't use the arms that much, time to figure that out?

And with Dante is there any one weapon to stick with or just do whatever I like?

For Nero your big damage is from breaker supers, charged shot and Showdown. Also, always be revving. You'll shred most enemies if you find ways to combo into/out of them

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

Learn and use the ones you like. IMO always have a sword ready, but also learn to use Balrog well. Balrog is insanely versatile once you learn the properties of its moves. Real Impact is a reliable heavy hitter that will serve you well in DMD once you know how to make sure it doesn't whiff, and Kick Mode's Flint Wheel is one of the best defensive moves in the game that can clash with so many enemy attacks because of its absurd active frames while also keeping you safe with invincibility frames and a backwards dodge.

Personally I use a sword, Balrog, and King Cerberus, but most of my real combo poo poo is just sword and Balrog. King Cerberus is there because some of its moves hard counter certain enemies. Sometimes I pop off a nice King Slayer if it's safe enough to do so, though.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 24, 2019

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

A perfect trailer doesn't exi-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5inw8Zmkv6w

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Sam Faust posted:

I want them to progress the co-op play they were clearly experimenting with so you and a friend can be Dante and Vergil blasting through hell.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Capcom has mentioned that they wanted to revive old IPs, so maybe V really was a stealth test of Chaos Legion 2.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I got excited :(

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
What the heck is Teppen?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Kikas posted:

What the heck is Teppen?

Capcom's new card battle thing.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My friend just linked it to me in steam and I thought it was DLC but nope! Thanks Capcom. Everything else gets extra support except DMC. Or maybe Itusno ran out of ideas for this game and wanted to move on to Dragons Dogma 2.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Well, I do have ONE idea...

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

RBX posted:

My friend just linked it to me in steam and I thought it was DLC but nope! Thanks Capcom. Everything else gets extra support except DMC. Or maybe Itusno ran out of ideas for this game and wanted to move on to Dragons Dogma 2.

The B Team's probably going to do DLC ,every article I've seen about DMCV said corporate thought it did well. Plus they have to do all that face scan work for the actors it'll take a bit.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it hasn't even been a year, so I'm not too concerned. I'm expecting more like a Special Edition if anything

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I was initially absolutely certain we’d be getting something with Vergil given that they kept updating the game with new poo poo for him but as time continues to pass without anyone saying anything I’m getting a little nervous. :negative:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I beat Dante must die difficulty and decided it was time to mess with the void for moves I didn't know and just finally learned what dance macabre is
:suicide:

Thank God I had 20 gold orbs for that Virgil fight, but man that move would have been good against him I'm thinking. So few windows for damage in the second half

I have no idea how any of you play through hell or hell, let alone S ranking everything. so many fights are so tedious if you can't be aggressive and trade damage with devil trigger , regular or sin

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

:stare:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT

COME ON, GET UP

YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Yeah that got added a couple days ago along with a mystery achievement on RE2. Microsoft's Inside Xbox is starting in a couple minutes and they (Microsoft) have been handling marketing and promotion for DMC5 so we may learn wtf is going on soon.

Even if co-op DOESN'T happen the Co-Op mod is pretty solid by now and works for all but the last (vergil) floor of bloody palace. https://www.nexusmods.com/devilmaycry5/mods/353

edit: nothing about DMC5 at the inside xbox press conference. Oh well.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 14, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
im wandering the ruins of a lost world, asking myself

where is vergil

no one answers