Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

After Janet said she was gonna' barf up a quasar I realized, in a moment of "this is the bad place" epiphany, that she might be god. If not always, then now.

So glad to be wrong, because every Janet uniting was so much cooler than my theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Maybe the best Jason episode?

He thinks Tahani's accent is a speech impediment!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
What it is, what it is.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
What did the one Janet say right before the commercial break? I rewound it several times and I just can't catch it. And of course there is no closed captioning.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Kristen Bell directed that episode.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

8one6 posted:

My theory: The Judge (who claims to be neutral in all things but works to serve a system that uses infinite torture to punish finite sin and is therefore just as bad as Sean) will rule that the experiment failed. This would be the doom for all humanity, but at the last minute Bad Janet, who will have read Michael and Janet's book, will Voltron together with Janet, forming a Mega-Janet that will overturn the entire system.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Chidi is going to have the mother of all stomach aches in just a second. The poor guy.

Janet sending just pictures of otters to the group text was so good.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

tarlibone posted:

What did the one Janet say right before the commercial break? I rewound it several times and I just can't catch it. And of course there is no closed captioning.

You mean "I mostly send gifs of otters"?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Making war on heaven to overthrow an unjust regime is and has always been the logical endpoint of this series and I am so loving down for it

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The Moby joke was priceless. It's quick lines like that which require you to pay attention to this show. You can't have it on in the background or you'll miss so much.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like that of course the Judge, when making a decision between the points being over simple or life being over complicated picks the latter as the big problem. She wants an easy fix, although all that would happen is the new life would get complicated again and need another reboot. She's too invested in the points system to let it go as it's all she knows, and she's too lazy to do the work to fix it. Humanity was always going to be saved in spite of Jen, not with any help from her.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

PostNouveau posted:

RP is a speech impediment

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

gently caress, I was only a little bit off!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

PostNouveau posted:

Maybe the best Jason episode?

Alright, I'll do it.

Yeah a pretty drat good Jason episode this week. I think he's definitely had some lines that were insanely funny in some other episodes though that top this one.

And good theory there Bone6, pretty much nailed it there.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 15, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Jason's mom gave birth to him while doing a cannonball. That great.
Jason's mom died to cancer. That's sad. His delivery is just so positive though. It's great.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Chidi and Jason are both ridiculously attractive, good lord

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

McCloud posted:

I love that they have a canon explanation for why Chidi is so jacked.

In all honesty the real downfall of the original Bad Place experiment was probably that they put 4 ridiculously hot people together supervised by a hot not-a-girl not-a-robot. Of course they're all going to fall for each other, good lord.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

BioEnchanted posted:

Humanity was always going to be saved in spite of Jen, not with any help from her.

:ssh: it's Gen, short for Hydrogen

Great episode. There was a moment I was sure Michael would bring up how he has become better, but no, I guessed wrong again.

The Good Place folk are a bit one-note! Mindy would have gone nuts if she'd actually made it there. (I guess she was off spending time with Derek during this episode...?)

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The doohickey is going to be in derek’s void but gen won’t know to look there.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Transfer the clicker to the void of a Janet she's already checked while she's in the void of one of the other Janets.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Transfer the clicker to the void of a Janet she's already checked while she's in the void of one of the other Janets.

They can't. That's why the judge is marblizing them after checking each void, and I don't think Janets can move items into another Janet's void.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

But she's marbelizing each one as she finishes with them.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh Bad Janet was complaining about the bad reception at the start because she knew she might need to use the group text to tell all the other Janets to come back them up if things went south.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

ApplesandOranges posted:

But she's marbelizing each one as she finishes with them.

My bad, sorry.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Former Human posted:

You mean "I mostly send gifs of otters"?

Apparently, yeah. I thought I was hearing "otters" at the end, but I couldn't resolve anything else, so I wasn't sure I was even hearing that correctly.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

MikeJF posted:

Oh Bad Janet was complaining about the bad reception at the start because she knew she might need to use the group text to tell all the other Janets to come back them up if things went south.

gently caress, this makes too much sense

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like Shawn getting bullied by Bad Janet. That probably doesn't happen often. "You've got to be kidding me!" "Get over yourself, dork...."

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Means testing for bonus 50% point values!

McCloud posted:

There was a shot of Eleanor and Tahani's faces by the pool where I was just like "oh, these are incredibly attractive people"

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Guy A. Person posted:

I love that they have a canon explanation for why Chidi is so jacked.

And then three minutes later they're sitting around a pool and Jason is shirtless and also jacked for some reason.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Phenotype posted:

And then three minutes later they're sitting around a pool and Jason is shirtless and also jacked for some reason.

He's an EDM dancer who was pretty dedicated to his dance crew career, and he's not, like, as ridiculously jacked as Chidi is.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 18, 2019

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Phenotype posted:

Gotta stay limber when you're wrestling with the Big C.

Tequila25
May 12, 2001
Ask me about tapioca.
Idle speculation based on a philosopher and philosophical concept that got name dropped during interviews with Schur: Rawls' Veil of Ignorance

Expanded below:
One of the things Rawls is known for is a philosophical concept known as the "Veil of Ignorance". It asks a decision-maker to make a choice about a social or moral issue and assumes that they have enough information to know the consequences of their possible decisions for everyone but would not know, or would not take into account, which person they are. The theory contends that not knowing one's ultimate position in society would lead to the creation of a just system, as the decision-maker would not want to make decisions which benefit a certain group at the expense of another, because the decision-maker could theoretically end up in either group. They are going to have to set up a new system, but they can't know where they are going to end up. They could get split up.
Not sure if I should spoil that, but I'll err on the side of caution since it's based on outside info.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Guy A. Person posted:

In all honesty the real downfall of the original Bad Place experiment was probably that they put 4 ridiculously hot people together supervised by a hot not-a-girl not-a-robot. Of course they're all going to fall for each other, good lord.
In the sitcom-tropes-as-Hell/"these shows only work if it's not funny to the characters" framework of the original Bad Place, that's a feature, not a bug. You want them to generate entertaining interpersonal drama by pining helplessly, hooking up and then breaking up over minor misunderstandings, and causing greivances they can torment each other with for years to come.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

The Lord Bude posted:

I completely see this happening.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

She really has changed

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I wasn’t really feeling this episode, the scene before the opening credits had some really bad writing and felt rushed, but then nothing really happened for the rest of the episode, but I am interested to see what happens next.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

The Lord Bude posted:

I feel like give Derek a button he absolutely should not press is a canonically bad decision and no possible set of instructions to him could fail to make things worse.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Man that was a good episode. It hit all the stuff I love about this show - some top-notch jokes, great heart and fun twists. Plus an army of Janets!

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oasx posted:

I wasn’t really feeling this episode, the scene before the opening credits had some really bad writing and felt rushed, but then nothing really happened for the rest of the episode, but I am interested to see what happens next.

Ishamael posted:

Man that was a good episode. It hit all the stuff I love about this show - some top-notch jokes, great heart and fun twists. Plus an army of Janets!

Can't wait to see what comes next.

I don't know who to believe!!