Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Who would you consider core to GG? Because I thought Baiken was but she's missed some entries.

Like I only really expect I-No, Slayer and Millia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
SFV upgrade is up. It says in plain English that for 25 bucks you get all the characters and stages and costumes from all previous editions

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

Gutcruncher posted:

Thats why Im so skeptical, but AE was also a great price for the content when it came out. But on the other hand JUST Season 3 is 30 dollars right now. I just want Capcom to tell me in plain english the exact content included in each version and when you receive said content

It's out and includes everything. All characters, stages and costumes minus a couple special edition stuff like Pro Tour bonuses.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12518/Street_Fighter_V_Champion_Edition_Upgrade_Kit_Bundle/

Arcade Edition looks to be taken off the store.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Who would you consider core to GG? Because I thought Baiken was but she's missed some entries.

Sol, Ky, Potemkin, Faust, May, Millia, Slayer, Chipp, I-No, Axl, Venom, Zato-1.

I expect eight of those to be in the game at launch to allow for two originals and two Xrd characters.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 18, 2019

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Gutcruncher posted:

SFV upgrade is up. It says in plain English that for 25 bucks you get all the characters and stages and costumes from all previous editions

Well drat, that's actually pretty cool at least.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Hell I already own all the current characters and 25 is still a great price for the costumes, stages, and future characters

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Jesus just look at this Stockholm Syndrome.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

They could have tossed in a like 20% discount for owning all season passes to date, at least.

$30 for the whole thing if you don't own any of it is solid, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's still SFV

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wait, so could I just buy the very base SF V game that’s on sale right now for like $7, then the CE upgrade and I’d have everything?

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

man nurse posted:

Wait, so could I just buy the very base SF V game that’s on sale right now for like $7, then the CE upgrade and I’d have everything?

I think buying the complete version is $30, so cheaper, but

In Training posted:

It's still SFV

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

HerniaFlange posted:

I think buying the complete version is $30, so cheaper, but

Yeah but I don’t want to wait if I have to lol

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Yeah if you really want it now it’s absolutely worth the 3 extra dollars

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Reading the store description, it sounds like it only gives you the post Arcade Edition content, so I’d have to buy AE and then the upgrade.

Never mind then, I’ll just wait and get the $30 package.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Brother Entropy posted:

maybe i'll finally buy sf5

probably not though

I'll buy the upgrade kit when it goes on sale for like $10.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

In Training posted:

It's still SFV

my dumbass fomo brain: but what if they finally make it good???

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

It's still SFV

Oh my god its still the ultimate footsies and thinkies fighting game until february 2020 when grand blue fantasy drops

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
grand blue is something else, that's much better

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Bridget, anji, zappa

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

man nurse posted:

Reading the store description, it sounds like it only gives you the post Arcade Edition content, so I’d have to buy AE and then the upgrade.

Never mind then, I’ll just wait and get the $30 package.

It says that it has the content from all previous SF5s, including the post-AE content.

You can’t even buy AE anymore.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gutcruncher posted:

It says that it has the content from all previous SF5s, including the post-AE content.

You can’t even buy AE anymore.

Oh, okay! Let's do it then.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

dont do this to yourselves

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

noticing a lot of youtubers talking about sfv that i dont normally see, capcom throwing cash around to try and get hype for it now of all times?

Seems like they know people bought the game and at some point decided capcom can go gently caress itself with all the dlc cost and bullshit and now they want to see if those people will pay them a little more one last time

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

V is still fine to just hit buttons in once in a while and "$25-30 for literally everything" is pretty cool, regardless of SFV gripes.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

you can hit buttons in better games for free so if that's the only reason to get sfv it's still not worth it

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
cvs2 on dolphin has better netcode & is free.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I mean SF5 is far from my favorite game but it’s far better than this thread makes it sound

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
$25 for everything is a pretty good deal, that's like 50 cents per Chun-Li costume

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Yardbomb posted:

V is still fine to just hit buttons in once in a while and "$25-30 for literally everything" is pretty cool, regardless of SFV gripes.

It runs at 20fps regardless of graphics settings on my pc that runs Tekken at 4k with no drops for some reason.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Gutcruncher posted:

I mean SF5 is far from my favorite game but it’s far better than this thread makes it sound

better than a rain soaked turd in the gutter is a very low bar. much lower than 25 dollars

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean even on a button feel level that game isn't that great. I bought USF4 on sale recently and did some combo trials for a little over an hour and swapped over to SFV and stopped playing after about 10 minutes of combo trials because it just doesn't feel as satisfying.

Maybe if the champion edition thing goes on sale for like 15 bucks I'll buy it and mess with Poison and Kage, but i am not dying to give SFV another shot.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 18, 2019

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I must say though the best thing capcom has done with SFV in the last 3 years is give Liam O Brien a paycheck

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
SFV has no good rhythm to its combos, doesn't have any single hits that feel good, and has the mobility of a one of those massive Detroit cars from the 70's with a lawnmower engine powering it. I don't understand how anyone likes it, and I'm an idiot who's pretty happy with most any fighter you set in front of me. Not to say you're an idiot if you do, I just can't fathom why.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I doubt it's gonna go on sale on Xmas but hey, stranger things have happened. Unfortunately I have sworn a sacred oath and I shall only return to SFV if Rose becomes a DLC character, and not a minute sooner.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They put my character in the game and I still won't play it so idk if you want to do that to yourself.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

The hysterics that people routinely go into over it all over the internet makes me the smallest bit more ready to argue in favor of it just being fine every time.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I genuinely can't stomach it anymore especially when there are games that feel so much better to hit buttons and do combos in, like Xrd, T7, or other games on fightcade and stuff.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

I bought the CE upgrade immediately, because I like Street Fighter V and I didn't have all the costumes.

okbye

:ohdear:

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
A long long time ago the folks doing the Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection would be dropping basically around now (fall 2019). Eventually that was pushed to winter 2020 which is fine, but that was in like July or something and total radio silence since. :negative:

It seems to still be set to release in Japan this winter at least I think? Was it quietly cancelled due to being redundant? It was announced as only having the Neo Geo games themselves originally which IS kind of redundant but still, like, it would have been cool to have all of the awesome artwork/music/tv ads/etc. Samurai Shodown media stuff in one place and Digital Eclipse is typically pretty good with that.

Edit: fuuuuuck yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctgsKkqv9LM

SSS Tier staring contest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEfWpoRQXt4

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 18, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah they are, ill be grabbing that for sure