Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Social Animal posted:

I’m addicted to ground war. I can’t go back to quick play anymore. Anyone else?

Too many rooftops/tanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Social Animal posted:

I’m addicted to ground war. I can’t go back to quick play anymore. Anyone else?

It's what I prefer to play. I love Battlefield games and it's like having a new one. Sadly most goons seem to hate it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m going to give it a chance since I’ve been enjoying most of this game in general. I tried GW once in beta, sucked rear end and didn’t give myself any time to actually get a feel for it. Shame!

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Kizurue posted:

It's what I prefer to play. I love Battlefield games and it's like having a new one. Sadly most goons seem to hate it.

You're really good at it because you've played so much of it. When I play it with you, you're off destroying people and I'm getting stomped in the streets :saddowns:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like battlefield but ground war doesn't scratch the itch at all for me.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Ground war is awful. The game was clearly balanced around smaller teams. Constant UAVs and other nonsense make certain perks mandatory. Weapon choice is largely relegated to AR's and other long range weapons because it is often very difficult to close the gap where smgs/shotguns shine.

Ground war excels at being a target rich environment and literally nothing else.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The execution animations of prone people are so funny. Just thrashing a guy to death with a baton.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Go to Ground War for those missions that require you to take flags in Ground War, otherwise it's garbage.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Ground war fuckin sucks lol

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It sucks. But it’s nice to play to break up other
Modes. Also it’s how I’ve leveled the hell out of my sniper rifles.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I gotta turn crossplay off. Because I'm horrible and getting trounced by people on controllers feels worse.

Beach Party
May 2, 2012

"I took the most excellent hit of my life. Next thing I knew, I was on the beach taking in some cosmic rays gettin healed by mother nature. Takin in a little brewski, holdin on to a beautiful babe. And I'm fine today!"
Is there anything that the Uzi excels at or is it just a pretty lovely SMG? I'm trying not to gravitate towards just using the MP5, MP7, and M4A1. I love the look and sound of the Uzi but I just feel like I'm purposely handicapping myself trying to use it. I got it up to level 23 and it's just frustrating compared to other options.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The Uzi looks cool, which is the most important stat.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Shima Honnou posted:

The Uzi looks cool, which is the most important stat.

it is, at least ttk wise and with no attachments, the worst of your smg options, at least according to this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F38aT-WwPrscVqacpvUUbrh9xMKnrm2tCI4_DGEpxoM/edit#gid=688465530

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
I don't think there are really any attachments that make the uzi not poo poo either. Its hot hot trash.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Beastie posted:

I've been avoiding it due to the snipers and m/kb.

There is no reason that mode should force me into a cross platform lobby. My buddy was saying its purely to accommodate the PC's lower numbers.

I play with controller on PC with my Xbox friend and I can't recall ever seeing any mouse players. Now quick play on the other hand yeah they still show up.

Groundwar is flawed sure but it also owns because there's people to shoot at. The maps in this game are garbage but at least fighting a swarm of dudes in gw is more fun than piccadilly/cave camping. Also I always run cold blooded so I can take out the killstreaks. I'd rage without that perk.

Carecat posted:

Too many rooftops/tanks

I skip Tavorsk every time it pops up. Quarry and the new farmland map is where it's at. I have specific spots I use as my homebase that I defend and push from on each map. If our team is losing hard and we're camped at spawn I'll take an atv or something and drive around to backcap.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I do pretty well with the uzi for some reason.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

colachute posted:

I do pretty well with the uzi for some reason.

You'd do better with any other smg.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
honestly outside of the m4 just being good at everything at all times under all conditions you can still work with the rest of the weapons you just won't be the most effecient pro player approved kitted.

Mp5 is the king of smgs rn but both the aug and mp7 feel better to me and i swear I do better with them as well. Im just gonna stick with my gut on this one, more fun.

I love the M13 too, have since beta. Probably my favorite AR poo poo is like a laser beam and I kinda use it like an smg with the short barrel.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Skyarb posted:

You'd do better with any other smg.

The mp5 is definitely my preferred smg. I just enjoy the novelty of the uzi.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Is there a list of the base movement speed (per weapon) values out anywhere? tia

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

GW is the only place I can get reliable cluster strike kills. By reliable I mean maybe one.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!

Carecat posted:

Have you been reverse boosting? Your lobby is very sleepy

It was probably 5 or 6 AM mountain time. It's sort of a dead time in terms of good players.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I'd play ground war but they absolutely 0 clue about what makes BF games good and COD not.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I love how every streamer that plays this game somehow gets paired against the absolute dumbest mongoloid piece of poo poo morons ever who will stand still in the open waiting to get picked off or hip fire from 300 yards. Like do these people just pick the worst person they can find to dumpster their matchmaking or whatever or what.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
don't think about it

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

banned from Starbucks posted:

I love how every streamer that plays this game somehow gets paired against the absolute dumbest mongoloid piece of poo poo morons ever who will stand still in the open waiting to get picked off or hip fire from 300 yards. Like do these people just pick the worst person they can find to dumpster their matchmaking or whatever or what.

ah so that's what my opponents see

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kizurue posted:

Ground War is a piss poor attempt at a Battlefield clone.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ground war is to be avoided at all times. The TTK plus the insanely higher frequency of campers in this game compared to BF or anything else just makes it a frustrating delve into insanity. That is, unless you are another delinquent camper who can get enjoyment out of peeping out from cover every 5 minutes to end the round with 5 kills and having lost the match by 150 points because you and the other half a dozen schmucks on your team who are doing the same thing wouldn't take a flag if you could touch your gun barrel off it.

For those who doubt the M4, one of the skin types requires kills with no attachments, so I gave it a whirl thinking it was gonna be hell. Ended a few matches with the most kills still. In fact I think I may leave off the scope in favor of a perk or something else I'm neglecting usually.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Some of the RPG skins require aerial killstreak kills which.....ok.

I've gotten a few crazy bank shots on UAVs, but in general it's frustration. I think the personal chopper is the only realistic one to hit.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I've never played ground war but its existence doesn't bother me. if it attracts more people to the game and also brings in some trickle down to other game modes to make matchmaking easier by all means let it Fester

just because the bathroom has a clogged toilet that's covered in poo poo doesn't mean you can't piss in the sink, boys

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I didn’t play much yesterday but I’m liking ground war. It feels very close to what I normally try to do in BF which is run around mostly just as infantry and lone wolf while trying to stick close to teammates moving on objectives. The pace is nice. It’s not perfect but I could see it turning into something great if they figure out what they really want to do with it. I like the map I played a lot but I think the maps in this game are the best since MW2 and I guess that’s not too common itt. I don’t see myself picking it over my standard tdm/kc/dom trio much but we’ll see. I should probably try sniping but ew.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

GD_American posted:

Some of the RPG skins require aerial killstreak kills which.....ok.

I've gotten a few crazy bank shots on UAVs, but in general it's frustration. I think the personal chopper is the only realistic one to hit.

You can hit the vtol and chopper gunner reliably. However they need more than 2 rockets to take down so make sure you daka them beforehand.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I think people's opinions of the maps are going to be largely based on what game modes they play honestly. Aside from the fact there are, in fact, different maps for different playlists, even within those playlists, if you only play say, 6v6 HC TDM your needs/wants in what constitutes a map are going to be really different than a person that plays 6v6 realism, etc.

Theres a lot of variation in game mode that makes maps better/worse/whatever; honestly "this game has __________ maps" has so many variables in it at this point that it loses weight as a statement. I myself have a pretty mercurial relationship with almost every map because I play different game modes. That stupid cave map is a good example gently caress

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Ground War is great because most people who want to snipe go there and I don't have to deal with them in 6v6

Thermos
Mar 29, 2019

banned from Starbucks posted:

I dunno if it's some dunning-kruger thing combined with lovely netcode but I always feel like I'm being stealthy and tactical as hell. Then I get laser-beamed and on the killcam I'm actually derping around in the open like some Chris Farley gently caress.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
From the couple of rounds of GW that I have played, here's my thoughts.

Extremely chaotic, not in the fun BF kind of way.

Loud as poo poo, information overload.

Doesn't seem to have the "flow" of BF Conquest maps.

Maps are too large. I don't mean the overall size, but the edges. People take the tanks up to the sides of Quarry and hammer people below.

No way to select orders or send squad to a specific point.

Getting wrecked by M/Kb.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Statutory Ape posted:

I think people's opinions of the maps are going to be largely based on what game modes they play honestly. Aside from the fact there are, in fact, different maps for different playlists, even within those playlists, if you only play say, 6v6 HC TDM your needs/wants in what constitutes a map are going to be really different than a person that plays 6v6 realism, etc.

Theres a lot of variation in game mode that makes maps better/worse/whatever; honestly "this game has __________ maps" has so many variables in it at this point that it loses weight as a statement. I myself have a pretty mercurial relationship with almost every map because I play different game modes. That stupid cave map is a good example gently caress

Yeah piccadilly for example plays a lot different (better) in HC in my experience. No one knows where fire is gonna be coming from so its a much slower game.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Hc/realism both have a pace I prefer. I've never been much for the regular mode in cod , or BF for that matter. I prefer faster kills.

Such a good point re: pace. It's the selling point I used to get my friends off regular and into hc/realism

As intense as those two modes are at least you have a Fighting Chance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hackan Slash posted:

Ground War is great because most people who want to snipe go there and I don't have to deal with them in 6v6

Exception: Picadilly and That Bridge, but yes, and it's great.