Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

bessantj posted:

Just in case you don't know if you register on https://epcrugby.com then you can watch all the Euro challenge cup games. No commentary but that's no deal breaker.

Gutted. Wanted to watch the Cardiff game earlier but thought it wasn't been shown anywhere :(
At least they managed to beat Calvisano, a team I forgot even existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

stavros880 posted:

Gutted. Wanted to watch the Cardiff game earlier but thought it wasn't been shown anywhere :(
At least they managed to beat Calvisano, a team I forgot even existed.

They scored some good tries as well. The Blues do have a pretty good attack it just seems everything else is poor.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Folau has gone full 'Westboro': https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/117489806/israel-folau-fire-and-droughts-in-australia-are-gods-punishment

quote:

Israel Folau: Fire and droughts in Australia are God's punishment

Israel Folau has claimed fire and droughts in Australia are punishment from God.
Sacked former Wallabies star Israel Folau says the ongoing bushfire crisis in Australia is punishment from God.

In a sermon posted on Facebook, Folau claimed the crisis, along with the ongoing drought, were both punishments for legalising same-sex marriage and abortion.

"God's word says for a man and a woman to be together, one man and one woman in the covenant of marriage to be together.

"They've changed that law and have now legalised same-sex marriage," Folau said in the sermon.

"Abortion, it's okay now to murder and kill infants, unborn children, and they deem that to be okay.

"You have changed the law and changed the ordinance of these things, look how rampant these bushfires, these droughts ... all these things have come in a short period of time. Do you think it's a coincidence or not?

"God is speaking to you guys, Australia. You need to repent," Folau said.

Israel Folau was sacked by Rugby Australia in May, in response to his controversial posts on social media.

Folau had claimed transgender people were evil and should repent.

He also said "drunks, homosexuals, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves, atheists and idolators" would go to hell unless they repented.

In 2018, he said gay people were going to hell on social media.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

What I don't get about idiots like this, is how to they explain the fact say, the UK, has legalised gay marriage and is pro-LGBT+ rights and has a higher number of non-religious people per capita than most developed nations, and yet we receive no floods, fires, or any sort of natural disaster?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Well, no apocalyptic ones.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Kitchner posted:

What I don't get about idiots like this, is how to they explain the fact say, the UK, has legalised gay marriage and is pro-LGBT+ rights and has a higher number of non-religious people per capita than most developed nations, and yet we receive no floods, fires, or any sort of natural disaster?

Well, you got Boris Johnson.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

BabyFur Denny posted:

Well, you got Boris Johnson.

We've been punished with upper class corrupt twats for hundreds of years, whatever we did to deserve that it was a long time ago.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

The Wallaby's performance at the world cup was gods punishment as well.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Kitchner posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-25793358

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

This is what I mean though, I remember those floods, floods in the UK are inconvenient at best, dangerous to a small number of unlucky people at worst.

Yet a country like Japan, which is not as accepting of gay people as the UK, gets hit by a Typhoon in the rugby world cup no less. If you ever needed a sign god was pissed with you it would be that.

Then again, England got knocked out of their own world cup, so maybe that is the equivalent punishment if god is a rugby fan.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

saracens just lost in europe, the (american broadcast) postgame dudes are saying they might give up on europe and save their guys for the premiership. do they have a realistic chance of overcoming their penalty and not getting relegated? should be interesting to watch, we get english games sometimes here

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Possibly. Depends if they get anything from their appeal, if there's any more fallout and how well they can keep morale up. In theory they're strong enough to compete without dumping a tournament.

Racing are having a pretty poor season though, losing like that suggests they might have decided it's not worth it.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

I'd have thought they'd almost certainly not get relegated even if the points penalty isn't overturned or reduced on appeal. I mean, last season they finished 47pts above relegation. If anyone else (other than Exeter) was deducted 35pts they'd have a real problem on their hands but Sarries will probably be alright.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
I get the sense that if they are genuinely under threat of relegation, the points deduction will be reduced by ten points or so to ensure they stay up.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Rumours are that Sarries have said they will accept the ruling, so they'll be eating the full whack come Monday, unless they spring a surprise review request before then, as that's the deadline.

Chances are, they'll be spending most of their time trying to not get punted from the Prem instead of trying to hold on to the European cup this year. The interesting thing is how close to the cap they are now they can't pay their players "boot money" through their dodgy investment funds.

https://twitter.com/timoconnorbl/status/1195828164859252737

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 17, 2019

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i had thought for a second that saracens were the ones who abused the blood bin rule, but apparently BLOODGATE was harlequins, not them. has anybody hosed with the blood rules since then?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Not as far as I'm aware, the punishment was hefty when Quins got found out so doubt anyone would be stupid enough to try again.

France loving about with their front row and injuries seems to be the new game in town, if your a cynic.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think they've also said anyone doing it in the future wont get off so "lightly". It really pissed a lot of people off.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Kitchner posted:

Maybe we live on an island that is constantly trying to kill us? No. No. It must be the gays fault.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I remember there was a little bit of 'God's Wrath' talk about the Christchurch earthquakes, I think around the Manchester Street sex workers being displaced. It was quickly shut down by the observation that the various churches around the city seemed to have copped some of the worst damage.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

Smorgasbord posted:

I remember there was a little bit of 'God's Wrath' talk about the Christchurch earthquakes, I think around the Manchester Street sex workers being displaced. It was quickly shut down by the observation that the various churches around the city seemed to have copped some of the worst damage.

Yeah Izzy was jealous of the Earth Shatteringly Good Gay Orgies at the time

Now he thinks God is just playing us like the Sims

https://twitter.com/BatCountryCloth/status/1196169508018196480?s=20

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Interesting if true

link

quote:

A tissue which was left in your washing machine and then dispersed throughout the entire load was caused by the government’s decision to legalise same sex marriage in 2017, Israel Folau has confirmed.

The former NRL player and current bigot said the increasing frequency and intensity of tissues in washing was God’s punishment for allowing two people of the same sex to marry.

“When you are frustratingly trying to pick off bits of tissue from your shirts and trousers, little piece by little piece, remember that it is your tacit approval of two men getting married in Darlinghurst last weekend that has caused this,” Folau said.

“You can try putting on the load again in a futile attempt to dislodge the tissue, but as long as your support this wicked act of two people who love each other getting married, you will continue to find small pieces of tissue in your clothing for many months to come”.

Folau did later temper his comments, conceding that the annoying moment when the door on the washing machine locks when you want to open it is not caused by same sex marriage. “That’s caused by abortion”.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's confirmed, they ain't fighting it. Guess they're going to concentrate on the prem to ensure they don't fall out the arse and go bankrupt.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50457698

Saracens have taken the full fine and points reduction though they won't have to sell any players so they retain their absolutely bonkers squad for at least another season.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Lol, get hosed Sarries.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

This is only good for my boys the Bears

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Wayne Pivac has picked his first Wales squad for the game against the Baa-Baas.
The main talking points will likely be the selection of Johnny McNicholl and Willis Halaholo, both Kiwis and have just completed their residency periods. I've mixed feelings about bringing in a pair of 29 year olds through residency, but a back line including Parkes, Halaholo and McNicholl will surely be a bit more lively than the peak-Howley era teams.
Personally for me, the main highlight was discovering the existence of the wonderfully named Taine Basham. I hope he lives up to his name.
Also, how does Aled Davies keep getting selected?

Forwards:

Elliot Dee (Dragons),
Ryan Elias (Scarlets),
Ken Owens (Scarlets),
Rob Evans (Scarlets),
Wyn Jones (Scarlets),
Nicky Smith (Ospreys),
Leon Brown (Dragons),
Samson Lee (Scarlets),
Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Blues),
Jake Ball (Scarlets),
Adam Beard (Ospreys),
Bradley Davies (Ospreys),
Seb Davies (Cardiff Blues),
Taine Basham (Dragons),
Ollie Griffiths (Dragons),
Shane Lewis-Hughes (Cardiff Blues),
Ross Moriarty (Dragons),
Aaron Shingler (Scarlets),
Justin Tipuric (Ospreys),
Aaron Wainwright (Dragons).

Backs:

Aled Davies (Ospreys),
Gareth Davies (Scarlets),
Tomos Williams (Cardiff Blues),
Sam Davies (Dragons),
Jarrod Evans (Cardiff Blues),
Willis Halaholo (Cardiff Blues),
Hadleigh Parkes (Scarlets),
Owen Watkin (Ospreys),
Owen Lane (Cardiff Blues),
Josh Adams (Cardiff Blues),
Steff Evans (Scarlets),
Ashton Hewitt (Dragons),
Johnny McNicholl (Scarlets),
Hallam Amos (Cardiff Blues),
Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets).

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Basham has been starring for the Dragons and Wales U20 for ages and only now you're discovering him? I'm interested to see how Halaholo and J Evans get on.

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

bessantj posted:

Basham has been starring for the Dragons and Wales U20 for ages and only now you're discovering him? I'm interested to see how Halaholo and J Evans get on.

Yeah, I'm watching a lot less regional rugby since it left free-to-air TV. Getting to the games in person isn't an option unfortunately.
Halaholo is great, exactly the kind of player Wales needed in the World Cup when the centres were carrying injuries.
Jarrod Evans is also good, but I'm not sure he'll be the player Wales go for in the long term.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Is the Baa-Baas game capped? If not, might explain a few selections as something of a trial run for lads.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Vaders Jester posted:

Is the Baa-Baas game capped? If not, might explain a few selections as something of a trial run for lads.

No, uncapped

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

tarbrush posted:

No, uncapped

I thought so. I reckon Halaholo and McNicholl are getting capped in the 6N either way but this way they can get some training and game time in with the squad without it affecting anything in any practical terms if it doesn't work out.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50479078

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Saracens have been fined an undisclosed amount for not showing up to the launch ceremony of the European Championship.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
All the lols.

Can we asterisk their titles yet?

Also, Eddie Jones is worried that their players won't participate in the 6N, which could result in much hilarity.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

stavros880 posted:

I've mixed feelings about bringing in a pair of 29 year olds through residency

The Ospreys just signed Marty McKenzie, so let's chuck him in there as well :neckbeard:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They didn't even tell them they couldn't attend?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Dave Rennie is the next sacrifice to the gods of Australian rugby after accepting the role as head coach next year.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

More importantly Danny Wilson will replace him at Glasgow next season.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

HappyCamperGL posted:

More importantly Danny Wilson will replace him at Glasgow next season.

Is that good or bad?

All the best to Rennie - not too sure if I'm that bothered about him leaving. Nice chap though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Cardiff seemed to rate Wilson very highly before he left, will be interesting to see who Scotland get as forwards coach. Rennie leaving is a pity, only really had a full year and a bit to bed in but he's a good coach and a nice bloke so all the best to him for the future.