Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I also love Dave’s annual brand shirt rant. He’s usually so accepting and “well what are you gonna do” about terrible WWE things, but he gets so so mad at the t-shirts every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I mean, in fairness the shirts do make the guys look like absolute geeks.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Karmine posted:

I mean, in fairness the shirts do make the guys look like absolute geeks.

That's cause they only make the geeks wear em before the PPV.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"Well you see, they all got shirts on their birthdays..."

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

hes the hardest working man on that roster

he just won a midcard belt in a local indie that Ethan Page runs in ontario canada this weekend!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Bryan had some ideas regarding the survivor series feud and I like the idea that it influences Rumble entry order. Like the team with the most losses has to enter at 1-10, the next team gets the enter at 11-20, and the winner gets 21-30.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

PaybackJack posted:

Bryan had some ideas regarding the survivor series feud and I like the idea that it influences Rumble entry order. Like the team with the most losses has to enter at 1-10, the next team gets the enter at 11-20, and the winner gets 21-30.

I like this, but then you’re gonna have guys on the same brand fighting for most of the match, and it limits any surprises that don’t fall into the brand structure. Maybe have it be that the 5 guys on the losing team enter at some point between 1-10, the 5 guys in the second place team enter at some point between 11-20, etc. then you have reasons for why guys are fighting to get on the team in the first place (you can earn a good spot rather than getting luck of the draw) and leaves some room for surprises and for guys who don’t normally interact to have some time in the rumble together.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

the escape goat posted:

Kanyon‘a story is so tragic on so many levels, and I bet he woulda been incredible on commentary in any promotion that would have him. fella sounds like an absolute hoot.

There's a shoot video of Raven and Jim Mitchell telling Kanyon stories for 90 minutes and it's got some amazing stories, including one of Jim Mitchell taking responsibility for a briefcase full of dildos that fell off a moving van so that Kanyon's homophobic brothers wouldn't find out he was gay.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Is kanyon gay I had no idea

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

Is kanyon gay I had no idea

He was treated incredibly poorly in WWE because of it, apparently the segment where he dressed as Boy George and took a stiff chair shot from the Undertaker was directly a "rib" because of this.

Kanyon would have done so, so well on the post ROH indies.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

OctoberCountry posted:

Dave: If someone knocked on my door I'd have to finish my set first

Dave's disappointment when Bryan said he's just let the weights drop to the ground instead of setting them down first was palpable :allears:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

swole and kris seem cool

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Insertnamehere31 posted:

I like this, but then you’re gonna have guys on the same brand fighting for most of the match, and it limits any surprises that don’t fall into the brand structure. Maybe have it be that the 5 guys on the losing team enter at some point between 1-10, the 5 guys in the second place team enter at some point between 11-20, etc. then you have reasons for why guys are fighting to get on the team in the first place (you can earn a good spot rather than getting luck of the draw) and leaves some room for surprises and for guys who don’t normally interact to have some time in the rumble together.

I think it's pretty easy to think of some sort of motivation. Like, maybe every remaining member on the winning team gets a title shot at whatever the next PPV is. Or even at the Rumble. They just don't bother.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Wasn't there a Survivor Series or something where the winning team members each got to book the show for a day after?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He was treated incredibly poorly in WWE because of it, apparently the segment where he dressed as Boy George and took a stiff chair shot from the Undertaker was directly a "rib" because of this.

I was at the show this happened on. 16 year old me found it cringeworthy even then.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Defiance Industries posted:

Wasn't there a Survivor Series or something where the winning team members each got to book the show for a day after?

was that the one where ziggler won and then wasted his wish on something real stupid?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lone Goat posted:

was that the one where ziggler won and then wasted his wish on something real stupid?

There was one where Ziggler and I think Sting won it, Ziggler came out the next day and did a promo about how all the odds were against him but he did what he always strives to do.... sports-entertain you! and almost immediately he got memory-holed and the story became how Sting won the Survivor Series match with perhaps just a little help from... John Cena!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Because Ziggler was just a sub for Roman.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Are you thinking of the 2004 one where it was Team Orton vs Team HHH? Orton's team won so everyone on it got to be GM of Raw for a week.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I think it was like, Benoit, Shelton, someone else, and fuckin' Mavin.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Still can't believe Raven was having people call him "Maven" at that time.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Still can't believe Raven was having people call him "Maven" at that time.

Raven? Maven? What?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Boom Boom!

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Gaz-L posted:

I think it was like, Benoit, Shelton, someone else, and fuckin' Mavin.

Eugene.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Corporation vs. The Solidarity Goofs (Mankind, Test, Et Cetera)

The Solidarity Goofs won and each got to name a match of their choosing (including Test demanding a date with Stephanie) with a member of the corporation and now that I am posting this I realize I don't know if that was a Survivor Series match or just general Russo.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

03 Bischoff have his team "a wish"
04 the winning team got to book raw for a week each. Guys, look it up, it was Jericho, Benoit, Orton and yes, Maven.

These both have fantastic character building and somewhat themed shows. It was such a great idea they never did it again.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Raven? Maven? What?

There’s gonna be plenty of turbulence... In. My. rear end!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Jerusalem posted:

There was one where Ziggler and I think Sting won it, Ziggler came out the next day and did a promo about how all the odds were against him but he did what he always strives to do.... sports-entertain you! and almost immediately he got memory-holed and the story became how Sting won the Survivor Series match with perhaps just a little help from... John Cena!

Vinny V's meltdown at this was amazing.

Also the Team Austin/Team Bischoff match from '03 is the best Survivor Series tag ever.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I had literally no idea Maven was still a thing in 2004

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

dsriggs posted:

There’s gonna be plenty of turbulence... In. My. rear end!

"The poison has now been injected.. Into. My. rear end!"

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Nov 20, 2019

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

jesus WEP posted:

I had literally no idea Maven was still a thing in 2004

His week as GM was him booking himself to face HHH for the title. Evolution through the episode bribed him that if unbooked the match, he could join evolution.

Maven chose.......poorly. He then faded away from history.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Kanyon would have done so, so well on the post ROH indies.

wow i never heard this wtf thank you, undertaker sucks

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

His chairshot on Maven at that one Rumble is up there with the worst ones in WWE at least

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

I'm kinda nervous about what Dave will have to say regarding Cornette on the next WOR.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Suplex Liberace posted:

wow i never heard this wtf thank you, undertaker sucks

undertaker is a bitchass leech on the industry that kept his spot because he nestled firmly into Vince McMahon's undercarriage.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

duckdealer posted:

I'm kinda nervous about what Dave will have to say regarding Cornette on the next WOR.
Dave’s has some bad takes recently with this “I just hate the word racism being thrown around so much” bullshit, gently caress off with your white fragility

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013

duckdealer posted:

Bryan: So let's talk about this Cornette thing.

Dave: Yeah.... yeah. Well, it's just... yeah. I mean, he said something... he shouldn't have, like, he really shouldn't have, but... l-l-l-let me just say. Let me say this. (clears throat) Jim, he really... it's a bad situation. I mean, talk about...

Bryan: [checks his emails silently]

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

coconono posted:

undertaker is a bitchass leech on the industry that kept his spot because he nestled firmly into Vince McMahon's undercarriage.

yes but this whole time time i thought we were talking about konan not kanyon. undertaker is still a white supremacist though.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1196943017237602306

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I can't believe the poo poo Dave might or might not say about this.