Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I was randomly gifted a perfect 6 IV French Ditto.

Do I win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zodack posted:

Well, cool. I'm guessing it's still your version-specific apple but that means I'll be able to get them from friends.
Yeah, it's still your version only. And if it respawns at the same rate as the evolution stones it'll be once every day or something like that - I just cleaned out the evo stone circle twice in back to back days.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Mesadoram posted:

I was randomly gifted a perfect 6 IV French Ditto.

Do I win?

I mean it's hacked, but yes you win.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Metagrubs posted:

possibly as long as the coin holder also participates, but idk. let me know what you find :science:

Seems no stacking. Still 300k per run (as long as bea doesn’t show up to murder your longcat), that’s pretty good! :D

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Anyone got a Star Sweet they're willing to trade? I have Strawberry and Love Sweets.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Zacian looks cooler in his battle form, but Zamazenta looks cooler in his normal form. They look stupid in the opposite way.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

This is why I roll my eyes at people who insist that Pokemon is only for kids. Look at that pure joy on that lady's face :3:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Macaluso posted:

Zacian looks cooler in his battle form, but Zamazenta looks cooler in his normal form. They look stupid in the opposite way.

Zacian is the first legendary where I just looked at him and I'm like, I need him in my party in a long while.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Is that other language thing real though?
My girlfriend has a Chinese ditto and it's the only one she's ever had and we're in the UK

So that's...good?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kurieg posted:

I mean it's hacked, but yes you win.

Did they already hack poo poo into the game?

That seemed rather quick...

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Eimi posted:

I went with 622 because that's Edelgard's birthday and I'm a dumb gay nerd.

Also I am facing the dilemma of which psychic/fairy type I wish to use. I feel I should use Hatterene because she's new, but Gardevoir is the best...also I really don't like how slow Hatterene is.

For what it's worth, I used a Hatterene in my playthrough and was not disappointed, despite her low speed. Plus she's a tiny grumpy forest witch who lives in her own giant hat. As she evolves, the hat gets bigger but she doesn't and I love that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
So how is the game now that its been out for a bit? Is there a way to battle players online or organize tournaments?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Genovera posted:

For what it's worth, I used a Hatterene in my playthrough and was not disappointed, despite her low speed. Plus she's a tiny grumpy forest witch who lives in her own giant hat. As she evolves, the hat gets bigger but she doesn't and I love that.

I'm ultimately raising both because I think she'd be brilliant in max raids because her more supportive leaning, though I've decided on Gardevoir for my story run.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

eonwe posted:

So how is the game now that its been out for a bit? Is there a way to battle players online or organize tournaments?

it's great! I'm having a lot of fun, if you like to play dress up it's probably the best Pokemon game ever

online matchmaking is weird and in dire need of bug fixes and QoL that will probably never be implemented but the last two evenings I had a lot more luck getting in groups and not having them already be expired by the time I saw them. Did it pretty much all evening while listening to an audiobook and when I stopped to check I had enough candies to probably get my whole team up to level 100 lmfao

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Zodack posted:

It was mentioned earlier for Flapple/Appletun evos that you can "grab the apple from the Wild Area" again if you want more evos, but I wanted to ask:
1) Is that really true or was that person getting it confused with the curry ingredient
2) If it's a drop, is the flavor always going to be version-specific (I assume it is)

I'm in Sword and like Appletun a lot
You only get the apple you would be given anyways. It appears on Axew Island after you get the surf equivalent upgrade. It is not always there and there is also a chance to get the curry apples, so just check every day I guess.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

okay so Gallade, I wanna raise him as my catching mon, I can just level Kirlia up to 20 and then shiny or whatever stone it, and Gallade will still have hypnosis available right? I have thunder wave and false swipe ready to go

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Eimi posted:

I'm ultimately raising both because I think she'd be brilliant in max raids because her more supportive leaning, though I've decided on Gardevoir for my story run.

That's true. Also she has a gigantamax and Gardevoir doesn't, so you can hold out for that instead of using a regular one.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Genovera posted:

That's true. Also she has a gigantamax and Gardevoir doesn't, so you can hold out for that instead of using a regular one.

True though I'm unsure how that all works, you can't pass it on via breeding right? So no catching a gmax one and going for modest?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Eimi posted:

True though I'm unsure how that all works, you can't pass it on via breeding right? So no catching a gmax one and going for modest?

You can get items postgame to change natures. G-Max is also, at best, a sidegrade so it's not something you need to stress about getting.

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Epic High Five posted:

okay so Gallade, I wanna raise him as my catching mon, I can just level Kirlia up to 20 and then shiny or whatever stone it, and Gallade will still have hypnosis available right? I have thunder wave and false swipe ready to go

Yep, you will be good to go from there.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Eimi posted:

Unfortunately no, you can't pass it on. I really wish it were inheritable, or that catching a gigantamax just unlocked it for the whole species since my favorite thing is breeding and it bothers me that I can't breed a perfect one. But at least the wild one's nature is fixable with mints.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

loving JESUS that last fight with Hop is no joke.

He still lost, even pulling out a legendary. Dragapult was loving MVP of that fight. Rillaboom wiped out loving everyone else on my team with Horsepower and whatever the other one was. Dragapult then just sat there and tanked all of Pincurchin's attacks, while I sat there reviving and full restoring my whole team (and occasionally full restoring Dragapult when he'd get too low). Then he finally comes out with Zamazenta who absolutely wrecks everyone. And then I'm left with a Dragapult and a half HP Toxtricity. Zamazenta is almost dead, but the rest of my team is wiped out by his insane shield bash move that one shot like everyone else. He then used Play Rough, but Dragapult clutch avoided the attack, allowing me to use his Shadow Force and finish him off

Dragapult MVP!!!!!!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Taear posted:

Is that other language thing real though?
My girlfriend has a Chinese ditto and it's the only one she's ever had and we're in the UK

So that's...good?
Yes, the Masuda method is very real. You can even see a Pokemon's region on its summary screen.

edit: while falling into a bulbapedia rabbit hole, I learned something super cool:

Bulbapedia posted:

Pokémon that are transferred from Generation I games [to Generation II games] may also be Shiny, depending on their IVs. Due to correlations between pseudorandom numbers in the Generation I games, Pokémon encountered in those games in tall grass, on cave tiles, or by Surfing on water cannot have a set of IVs that would allow them to be Shiny in Generation II. Fishing encounters, gift Pokémon (including from Pokémon Stadium), stationary Pokémon (such as Snorlax and Mewtwo), and in-game trades can have any set of IVs, so they always have the same 1/8192 chance of having a Shiny IV combination.
I had no idea that "literally any normal wild pokemon from gen 1" could never be shiny!

edit2: nor that the Odd Egg in Crystal produces pokemon with all-0 IVs if it doesn't give you the 14% shiny, which I already knew about.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 20, 2019

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Winklebottom posted:

Curry portion sizes apparently scales to the size of the Pokemon :3:

The curry making and camping are good stuff.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Epic High Five posted:

Gallade can’t learn Hypnosis so make sure you learn that before evolving.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So how rough is the battle tower for someone like me who doesn't bother with status effects and all that poo poo

I want the shiny charm

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’ve yet to camp or make curry or buy any of the dumb clothes outside of the kick rear end Shuckle shirt.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Macaluso posted:

Zacian looks cooler in his battle form

Eimi posted:

Zacian is the first legendary where I just looked at him and I'm like, I need him in my party in a long while.

Her, she's Zamazenta's sister.

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
From a couple pages back.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Can you buy the evolution stones somewhere at some point? I have a few from the wild pokeballs you can find... but that's it.

I don't think it came up but you can get them from the Digging Duo as well as the places already mentioned. Not reliable but the Digging Duo can be pretty good value, I stop there for a few tries every time I pass the area (which is a lot, wild area and max raids are neat).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

less laughter posted:

There's no gender icon so :colbert:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Macaluso posted:

So how rough is the battle tower for someone like me who doesn't bother with status effects and all that poo poo

I want the shiny charm

Borrow the Skill Team from the team loan counter and sweep with the really good Gyarados who miraculously has a Falinks and Grimmsnarl to fall back on if he can't 1v3. :v:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Macaluso posted:

There's no gender icon so :colbert:

Read her Pokédex entry.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Macaluso posted:

I want the shiny charm

It's not rough at all, bring Zacian with swords dance and 3 attacks for an easy steamroll.

But also you don't need to do any of the battle tower stuff for the shiny charm, you just need to complete your pokedex.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

less laughter posted:

Read her Pokédex entry.

No.

Kyrosiris posted:

Borrow the Skill Team from the team loan counter and sweep with the really good Gyarados who miraculously has a Falinks and Grimmsnarl to fall back on if he can't 1v3. :v:

I didn't know this was a thing. You can just use a premade team for the battle tower??

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Eminai posted:

It's not rough at all, bring Zacian with swords dance and 3 attacks for an easy steamroll.

But also you don't need to do any of the battle tower stuff for the shiny charm, you just need to complete your pokedex.

Oh apparently it's the IV thing that requires the battle tower. Well then. Guess I gotta get catchin

edit: Okay next question then. Can I get false swipe from somewhere

edit: Oh poo poo I can just buy false swipe

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 20, 2019

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’ve yet to camp or make curry or buy any of the dumb clothes outside of the kick rear end Shuckle shirt.

You suck.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

less laughter posted:

Oh cool! I'm not that far so neat to know.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Macaluso posted:

I didn't know this was a thing. You can just use a premade team for the battle tower??

Yep, and like I said, the Skill Team is actually fantastically good. There's a drat Dragon Dance/Waterfall/EQ/Ice Fang @ Wacan Berry Gyarados just... right there for you to use. You can even Dynamax and set your own rain with Max Geyser.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
We got a Ponyta in a surprise trade and my kid leveled it up to 38, but it's not evolving into the unicorn. All the guides say that's all you need for the evolution. Could it be a hacked one that doesn't work right or am I missing something? It's definitely not holding anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ariza posted:

We got a Ponyta in a surprise trade and my kid leveled it up to 38, but it's not evolving into the unicorn. All the guides say that's all you need for the evolution. Could it be a hacked one that doesn't work right or am I missing something? It's definitely not holding anything.

According to Bulbapedia it evolves at 40, not 38