Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Bofast posted:

I have a pretty vivid memory of seeing the final episode of Star Trek Voyager on TV but with a slightly different transwarp conduit ending than the one that showed up on DVDs, so I don't know :shrug:

Oh, right, the novelization does have him doing two runs.

Oh - I did read the book.
That must've been it.

gently caress as a 12 year old in 1977 I was eager to get my hands on anything Star Wars-sy.

taxxe:

So did I imagine that it was two weeks to the ELE or was it 90 days tops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

TheAgent posted:

there's always a lull like this before the tipping point hits. that point could actually tip them either way; release something good that finally allows them to make some real money, or finally go on life support and with a handful of players continuing to throw a few million at Roberts every year for dreams. now normally, this cycle would have collapsed already and obviously it doesn't have to be mentioned here, but the only reason CIG stayed afloat in 2018 was from a nearly $50m outside investment. somehow, beyond all rationality, they've continued to avoid going under

however, they owe a lot of people a lot of loving money. Sq42 is really their only hope at this point. a release on next gen consoles that could push ten million plus units would save the company. I don't expect that announcement at this year's citcon, but deffo in 2020.

A dev friend told me pathtracing GI in PS Next is a bitch. Maybe, just maybe, S42 is going to implement raytracing and be a day 1 release for PS5 / Scarlett?

My god that would be :munch: worthy.

Please let it be.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

no_recall posted:

ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL ShitizenConned 2019 Raffle!

Top 3 Prizes: a month of Humble Monthly!

SO. Lets get to it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GUESS THE NUMBER ON THE FUNDING TRACKER BY 1st DEC.

GO.

p/s: Please quote this so I don't have an excuse accidentally exclude your participation.

e: Participation closes the minutes before the Con. Nov 23 1PM GMT. (or when the Stream Begins).

$253,112,149.45

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

no_recall posted:

SO. Lets get to it.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GO.

p/s: Please quote this so I don't have an excuse accidentally exclude your participation.

e: Participation closes the minutes before the Con. Nov 23 1PM GMT. (or when the Stream Begins).

$260,000,000.69

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dementropy posted:

Development that's so open, the backers will never know.

Here's an idea: CR knows gently caress-all about modern game design, and believes in 4 months his band of high school kids is going to usher in the next generation of non-polygonal render technology through the sheer

no_recall posted:

SO. Lets get to it.

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GO.

My guess is they will rake in $8,433,420.42

This will bring them to around: $249,842,042.42

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 21, 2019

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

My old boss Brad McQuiad is dead at 51.
https://twitter.com/gamasutra/status/1197147582373302275
Kind of hard to believe, actually. While I disagreed with him a lot professionally, we both shared a lot of the same personal issues and struggles. Hope he's finally at peace.

Sorry for your loss. :(

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

He's also the dude who had an absolutely insane meltdown and I think deleted his account because I was following him around as 'Er__Dova' and apologizing to everyone he was being an rear end in a top hat to.

Lmao

:perfect:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

boviscopophobic posted:

(Clifford-aka-Miku)-aka-SpearmintVR

https://twitter.com/SpearmintVR/status/1196258819573198848

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

what the gently caress is a crotchet plushie :gonk:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

his wife or his avatars wife?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Awesome! posted:

his wife or his avatars wife?

He and his avatar have separate spouses, and they all have their own body pillows based on their waifus.

What a time to be alive.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 21, 2019

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Foo Diddley posted:

what the gently caress is a crotchet plushie :gonk:
a knitted soft toy

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Ghostlight posted:

a knitted soft toy

Oh, crochet, never mind, I can't read

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

i love how anime has rotted the brains of a whole generation

downout
Jul 6, 2009

I feel like we're stuck in a time loop. Discussion here and in the backer forums is fundamentally unchanged from one, two, or three years ago. It's the same points over and over except the numbers keep going up.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheAgent posted:

Uhhh they are actually making SC2 already. Play it now. Referral code MYTIG-HTAS-SHOLE

Hey!  MYTIG-HTAS-SHOLE was already taken! what gives?

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

downout posted:

I feel like we're stuck in a time loop. Discussion here and in the backer forums is fundamentally unchanged from one, two, or three years ago. It's the same points over and over except the numbers keep going up.

This is good for Star Citizen.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

pretense is my co-pilot

'only had a copy pasted world map for mp' w t f?

this is madness

it's so off base its not even wrong

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

no_recall posted:

SO. Lets get to it.

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GO.

$246,948,658

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 21, 2019

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

no_recall posted:

SO. Lets get to it.

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GO.

249 million euros (250 million euros was already taken)

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 21, 2019

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

'only had a copy pasted world map for mp' w t f?

this is madness

it's so off base its not even wrong

Citizens know nothing about RDR2 other than "it's a good game" and "it took eight years to make". Therefore, Star Citizen is just like RDR2. They cannot appreciate the difference between "It took eight years (and a fuckload of developers) to make a complete game that was meticulously detailed while having enormous amounts of content." and "Its taken eight years to produce a bunch of half-baked gameplay loops that are barely functional with no clear vision or end in sight".

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Hahaha that polo and hat look so cheap.
"Thanks for spending tons of money, here's a Sea Captain costume from Spirit"

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Tentacled anime waifus don't need pants.

no_recall posted:

SO. Lets get to it.

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GO.

$248,420,069

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Maybe it's bad lighting but the gold on the collar looks closer to brown. They're trying to make it look Naval, right? What a dull color.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

no_recall posted:

SO. Lets get to it.

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GO.

$252,639,487.69

11.4 million

Combining the sales was a mistake

Also what else do they have to sell ? It's been a really dull year. Only the numbers have gone up and also caves which don't really work.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Surprising absolutely nobody who understands the physical limitations of networking over the Internet...

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

DigitalPenny posted:

Also what else do they have to sell ? It's been a really dull year. Only the numbers have gone up and also caves which don't really work.

You're clearly missing the point here you fud spreader.

The truth is, backers are waiting for CR to sell them something, anything really. They're desperate for CR to show them the next best thing so they have an excuse to remortgage the house and throw their kid's college funds at the game!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAgent posted:

who else gonna be getting drunk and watching citcon on saturday

Me! Me! Meeee!!!! I'm getting a nice loving bottle of Japanese whiskey and will probably try to buy Sekiro as a distraction

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no_recall posted:

SO. Lets get to it.

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GO.

$245,150,420

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
You know you're in the Chairman's Club when you're wearing your cheaply made Chinese polo shirt and baseball cap

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

1stGear posted:

Citizens know nothing about RDR2 other than "it's a good game" and "it took eight years to make". Therefore, Star Citizen is just like RDR2. They cannot appreciate the difference between "It took eight years (and a fuckload of developers) to make a complete game that was meticulously detailed while having enormous amounts of content." and "Its taken eight years to produce a bunch of half-baked gameplay loops that are barely functional with no clear vision or end in sight".

To be fair, I'm sure three years of RDR2's development also involved finishing the animations for a bartender

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Sankis posted:

To be fair, I'm sure three years of RDR2's development also involved finishing the animations for a bartender

Just noticed last night that GTA V has working dashboard lights for dip and full beam. Chris should really get on this.

(Also noticed an insane amount of lore, world-building, characterisation and gameplay geography stuffed into every crevice. But Citcon should sort that.)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Brad was also conspicuously absent, unless he was giving an interview promising new features that no one had heard of or worked on.

He also took a large amount of that initial Microsoft investment money for himself and Jeff Butler, since their "ideas" were the backbone of the company.

Sounds oddly familiar, somehow.

Yeah, gently caress Sid Meier, total hack.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

downout posted:

Trump time dilation is in full effect my dude

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

no_recall posted:

SO. Lets get to it.

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GO.

$266.666.666

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Is anime good or bad now? I don't know any more...

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WTF, why does that look so cheap? The material looks average, the collar is thin, the zipper looks like Chinese production. I admit I bought myself WoT jacket some years ago for a hefty price - at least it was on a slight discount at the time -, but at least it was Musterbrand, good quality German brand assembled in Germany (or other EU countries), and I am still wearing it years after (just regret I didn't have enough money at the time for the leather version, got only this leatherette one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBB82uDP-5A).

This just looks very meh, I wonder how much it cost.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

his nibs posted:

Is anime good or bad now? I don't know any more...

Good and always was, sorry we haven't told you sooner.

*gets back to the collection of anime figures*

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

WTF, why does that look so cheap? The material looks average, the collar is thin, the zipper looks like Chinese production. I admit I bought myself WoT jacket some years ago for a hefty price - at least it was on a slight discount at the time -, but at least it was Musterbrand, good quality German brand assembled in Germany (or other EU countries), and I am still wearing it years after (just regret I didn't have enough money at the time for the leather version, got only this leatherette one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBB82uDP-5A).

This just looks very meh, I wonder how much it cost.

gently caress, I looked it up. Fuuuuuuuuck. 30 USD (and shipping) for a cap that's worth half of that tops. 43 USD (and shipping) for the polo, again, for this quality I would give like half of that, if not less (Alibaba sells similar customized polo shirts with logo for like 10 bucks tops, more likely 5 USD a piece - and they even have buttons, as proper polo shirts should have, not loving plastic zippers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

no_recall posted:

SO. Lets get to it.

Current Funding.
2019-11-19 $241,227,605

GO.