Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

drat. I haven't played one since Emerald/LeafGreen era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You could decorate a hideout in one of those.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ruby Sapphire, and if you traded with somebody their Trainer would get interviewed on TV and leave hints about the location of their hideout and it would pop up in your world. It was awesome.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
PC gaming FTW

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

PC gaming FTW

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
its like a greek tragedy that its in vr but im still happy that there'll be more half life, cant wait to be able to afford a way to play it in 2050

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Yeah you get a farm patch to grow berries. You could get rare berries from the Pokewalker and grow them in game. HG/SS ftw.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tragic . after all the increible stuff like being locked in a room while people talk and the unforgettable boat sequence i had high hopes for halflife 3

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqYqyHBTZjg

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Unforgettable boat sequence lmfao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Speaking of unforgettable boat sequence... S.S. Anne, anyone?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

the boat level for hidden:source was probably the worst one. mansion level all day every day

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[trying really hard to remember the unforgettable boat sequence] Oh you mean the one from the mod

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Superintendent Chalmers! I hope you’re prepared for an unforgettable boat sequence.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The boat sequence is right up there with the guy in the suit talking and alyx saying things as far as amazballs moments in gaming between 2001-2005 which ever one of those years had hl2

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*vietnam flash back to the unforgettable boat sequence in Deus Ex*

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Superintendent Chalmers! I hope you’re prepared for an unforgettable boat sequence.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

"I thought we were having Half-Life 3." "No! I said... Half-Life VR. That's what I call Half-Life 3."

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

FactsAreUseless posted:

"I thought we were having Half-Life 3." "No! I said... Half-Life VR. That's what I call Half-Life 3."

"It's a regional dialect, from coastal Washington."

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/valvesoftware/status/1197576369745453057

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/PatrikJensen5/status/1197576789247348736?s=20

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
On rails gunplay is only cool in the arcades.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American McGay posted:

On rails gunplay is only cool in the arcades.
Walking sims and FPS games are consistently what VR does worst and it's still all companies will make.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it looks like every VR demo from 3 years ago but now they're talking about my favorite Half Life heroes.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
can't wait til 2022 when valve announces a portal roguelike battle royale

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

In Training posted:

it looks like every VR demo from 3 years ago

over a decade for this

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

over a decade for this
Goondolences.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

American McGay posted:

Goondolences.

i wish i was dead

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Portal seems like it would much better for VR than Half Life.

Not sure what they were thinking.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
they invested millions of dollars and thousands of man hours to develop individually tracked fingers solely because of this:

quote:

Valve founder Gabe Newell discusses this character in a newly uploaded YouTube video, which appears to be from that focus test. In it, Newell speaks of a hearing impaired character that Alyx "had a crush on" well before her first meeting with protagonist Gordon Freeman. According to Newell, Alyx taught her robot sidekick Dog to sign so she could practice, while this person is off, say, fighting the Combine.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ArfJason posted:

i wish i was dead
Flashbacks to grafe when Nintendo announced Other M and Federation Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hack Shite: Ball-licks