Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Not enough onions

5/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The correct amount of onions is when you have a giant pile left over after finishing your dog.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Chinatown posted:

The correct amount of onions is when you have a giant pile left over after finishing your dog.

waste no part of the costco kimchi

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hot dog: 1.50
Onions into your coat pockets: free

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
The onion dispenser is always out when I go to my Costco because apparently everyone lets a pile of them fall into the trash bin underneath. :mad:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

canyoneer posted:

waste no part of the costco kimchi

Oh I definitely eat the leftover mustard/relish/onion mix.

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

FogHelmut posted:

Picked up a serrano ham and some Suntory Toki. Gotta get all these impulse buys out of the way before I have another kid.

that suntory is good, it was my desk whiskey through a company takeover. Would buy again

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Fashionably Great posted:

The onion dispenser is always out when I go to my Costco because apparently everyone lets a pile of them fall into the trash bin underneath. :mad:

Need to stick their faces under there like it’s an onion fountain

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Schmeichy posted:

that suntory is good, it was my desk whiskey through a company takeover. Would buy again

It's good, very light and a little on the sweet side. I normally drink some dank bourbons and ryes, it's a nice change.

I have eaten nothing but ham today.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
If you don't hurry you can get ham mites

Eat it fast

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I went to Costco for a twin bed and a chair mat and sadly they had neither :(

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

FCKGW posted:

I went to Costco for a twin bed and a chair mat and sadly they had neither :(

Furniture is really seasonal. They generally stock it in July and January around here.

Did anyone ever shop at the Costco furniture store(s)? They had one in Kirkland (!), WA, but it closed about a decade ago. It was really neat to have a year round furniture store with big selection and Costco-ish pricing, but the selection seemed really targeted towards the McMansion crowd.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

bob dobbs is dead posted:

If you don't hurry you can get ham mites

Eat it fast

I feel like ham mites are good and cool, but inhaling ham is also good and cool.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
is that big rear end ham leg legit? wanna blow some minds at thanksgiving this year

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Just hit the ham with a flamethrower and watch the mites scatter

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Found a screw in my tire, again. The joys of living on a dirt street despite living in a decent size city. :mad:

What's less infuriating is that Costco has online scheduling for tire repair and was able to get me in after work today. PBUC.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

is that big rear end ham leg legit? wanna blow some minds at thanksgiving this year

It's good, not great. Thanksgiving would be a good place for it. Or if you are someone who has friends who like ham. It's a lot of meat to take, if you aren't prepared.

The knife it comes with is sharp out of the box but is ultimately poo poo.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Picked up a couple of Roombas on coupon. They work fine but they really make me want the more expensive version that empties its own dust bin. :(

Also got the sit-stand desk for $200. Helluva deal.

Both were impulse purchases, of course. The Costco curse strikes again. Come for milk, leave $800 poorer.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Han Nehi posted:

Picked up a couple of Roombas on coupon. They work fine but they really make me want the more expensive version that empties its own dust bin. :(

Also got the sit-stand desk for $200. Helluva deal.

Both were impulse purchases, of course. The Costco curse strikes again. Come for milk, leave $800 poorer.

I got my wife that desk last year when they had the same deal (or earlier this year? the white/grey version). She loves it so much she bought two more for her employees that wanted them.

And I agree about the Roombas. Its good, but with 4 pets it needs emptying frequently. Its also just a stop gap so I don't have to sweep as often as I would without it, but it doesn't replace a proper sweep with a good broom.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Nthing the Roomba recs. They're not good for a good, deep cleaning of your home. If you have a quality vacuum, it'll work better every single time. They are, however, great for zero effort surface level spot cleaning throughout the week, especially if you have pets or children.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i have a roomba and its dumb as hell and attempts to kill itself constantly

theres no way im buying a billion of those blocking cameras to fence it in, either

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Renegret posted:

Nthing the Roomba recs. They're not good for a good, deep cleaning of your home. If you have a quality vacuum, it'll work better every single time. They are, however, great for zero effort surface level spot cleaning throughout the week, especially if you have pets or children.

As long as my kids keep leaving legos on the floor, automated vacuuming will never replace a regular vacuum with a skilled operator (me) in my home.
not today, robot scabs.

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Furniture is really seasonal. They generally stock it in July and January around here.

Did anyone ever shop at the Costco furniture store(s)? They had one in Kirkland (!), WA, but it closed about a decade ago. It was really neat to have a year round furniture store with big selection and Costco-ish pricing, but the selection seemed really targeted towards the McMansion crowd.

The McMansion crowd is exactly Costco's demographic. Not me, I'm a sophisticated connoisseur of all beef hot dogs and almond based spreads.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

canyoneer posted:

As long as my kids keep leaving legos on the floor, automated vacuuming will never replace a regular vacuum with a skilled operator (me) in my home.
not today, robot scabs.

my kiddo's at the "throw cheerios everywhere" stage and we have a broken dog who doesn't eat the cherrios off the floor, so we get the worst of both worlds.

Thankfully the living room is hardwood (with a shallow area rug for the baby to play on) so when the kid's napping or they go out, the toys come off the floor and my wife runs the Roomba. We'll still steam clean the hardwood once a week but it helps keep the dog hair and crumbs away and the floor stays fairly clean.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Renegret posted:

my kiddo's at the "throw cheerios everywhere" stage and we have a broken dog who doesn't eat the cherrios off the floor, so we get the worst of both worlds.

What in the world... Is your dog just really well trained or something

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna get me a Costco HAM for turkey day

Bless up

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

What in the world... Is your dog just really well trained or something

lol gently caress no. She's just the chillest/laziest dog on the planet.

Random Cheerios aren't worth her time. You need to spill a whole bowl before she cares enough to investigate. Or the baby vomits, then I can't keep her away.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Renegret posted:

lol gently caress no. She's just the chillest/laziest dog on the planet.

Random Cheerios aren't worth her time. You need to spill a whole bowl before she cares enough to investigate. Or the baby vomits, then I can't keep her away.

hi costco id like to return my baby and dog no questions asked

I said no questions asked

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Last time I was there I found one of the chicken pot pies. Holy poo poo those things are huge. It was like $18 and could have given me dinner for 3-5 days.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

Renegret posted:

Thankfully the living room is hardwood (with a shallow area rug for the baby to play on) so when the kid's napping or they go out, the toys come off the floor and my wife runs the Roomba. We'll still steam clean the hardwood once a week but it helps keep the dog hair and crumbs away and the floor stays fairly clean.

Get a dust buster, no idea how one could have a kid without one.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Last time I was there I found one of the chicken pot pies. Holy poo poo those things are huge. It was like $18 and could have given me dinner for 3-5 days.

Hell yea, they're awesome. I just recently had one for the first time in years. Craving that salmon milano with butter now. Or the cilantro lime shrimp. drat do I like that shrimp

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The chicken pot pies are the best and as I’ve said time and time again, whenever someone you know has a death in the family buy one of those bad boys so they can feed an army of people absolutely delicious food with no thinking preparation.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I have a nice cherry coffee table that I got there almost 20 years ago and it's still going strong. I also had an 11 foot couch I bought that was extremely sturdy. The couch I had to get rid of because it wouldn't fit in the elevator or stairwell of my old apartment, and I wasn't going to haul it up 5 stories with a pulley only to find that it might not have made it through the balcony door.

They did have a ton of stuff that I never would have purchased, but what I did buy was high quality.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Finally broke down and ordered the bidet, it's the last day of the sale. I haven't told my wife yet and we've never discussed the idea. I think she'll laugh at me.

No plug in the bathroom, so will need to run an extension cord until I determine that it's going to work for me then I'll install an outlet.

I have weird American shame/anxiety about buying this thing that I've never tried but by god everyone swears by it. Hilariously enough, this is the comment on the slickdeals thread that sold me on it:

quote:

Think of it this way, if some mud splats on your driveway, are you going to spray it off with water? Or are you going to try and 'wipe' it up with paper towels? Whomever cleans it up by spraying water will be done, with a squeaky clean driveway, and on to bigger and better things. While the paper towel people will be stuck using more and more paper and will never get it fully cleaned off.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Once you start using them you'll always want to fly Japan Airlines, since they have the Toto bidets onboard. It's also one of the best things about going to Japan in general, most western style hotels have Toto washlet toilets with the warmed seat, the self lifting lid, and a nice warm fan to dry your rear end afterwards.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Can they handle a jumbo size gaijin rear end tho?!? :japan:

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It's like getting your salad tossed. But no one ever wants to admit that.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I think I can sell my wife on the seat warmer alone, so even if she doesn't jump onto the bidet train she'll get some value out of it.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."

TraderStav posted:

Finally broke down and ordered the bidet, it's the last day of the sale. I haven't told my wife yet and we've never discussed the idea. I think she'll laugh at me.

No plug in the bathroom, so will need to run an extension cord until I determine that it's going to work for me then I'll install an outlet.

I have weird American shame/anxiety about buying this thing that I've never tried but by god everyone swears by it. Hilariously enough, this is the comment on the slickdeals thread that sold me on it:

If you're not running it to a GFCI outlet then make sure you get an extension cord with a GFCI feature on it. Should run you like $20.

Or be killed by your own bidet. Your call.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Skrill.exe posted:

If you're not running it to a GFCI outlet then make sure you get an extension cord with a GFCI feature on it. Should run you like $20.

Or be killed by your own bidet. Your call.

I should be able to tap into the light switch and put an outlet in off of that, right? Think that will reduce the work involved greatly if so. Should be able to minimally impact drywall and such if so.

But duly noted regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Japanese butt washing robots are the best, you will not regret this.