Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

And getting worse every minute. Wow.

Edit: Mary is the first person who should've been let in on this. Damnit Kate.

Yeah it’s bullshit that Mary isn’t looped in to this and Sophie is. She’s awesome and Sophie is garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

CW died on me and I missed the end of that scene. Was Martian Manhunter pretending to be Kate?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They haven't said yet. I kind of wish that was Kara in the suit, like that episode of New Batman Adventures where Clark clowned Bane.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nooneofconsequence posted:

CW died on me and I missed the end of that scene. Was Martian Manhunter pretending to be Kate?

It was Julia in the suit.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Sophie's divorce papers in that gift box?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kate, you can do so much better than Sophie.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Kate's real estate venture to help low income people starts with... a gay bar?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Why would a character from another Arrowverse show be here without it being a crossover??

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Issa joke.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was wrong on the Alice stuff being the worst part of the show, Sophie is by far the worst part. If they killed her to give Kate motivation, it would be the first fridging that was appropriate.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Nov 18, 2019

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
“You’re revoking Kate’s sharpshooter medal?!? But she showed up to the shooting range completely trashed and handled a deadly weapon!!! How dare you?!?

I don’t think that was the glowing testimonial you thought it was, Sophie.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

twistedmentat posted:

I was wrong on the Alice stuff being the worst part of the show, Sophie is by far the worst part. If they killed her to give Kate motivation, it would be the first fridging that was appropriate.
A real Sophie's choice.

Remember when the drama between Laurel and Oliver and Tommy was...well, it was just there, but at least it was tolerable.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SardonicTyrant posted:

A real Sophie's choice.

Remember when the drama between Laurel and Oliver and Tommy was...well, it was just there, but at least it was tolerable.

I normally force myself though drama, I watched all the Felicity crytalking scenes, but this I just kept hitting skip 30 seconds because its just painfully bad. Kate really needs to fix her priorities.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I missed the last two episodes, somehow got mixed up into thinking Sophie was the stepmother, and these comments have been VERY weird to parse in that context.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

Literally everyone in this show sucks rear end except Mary who owns bones and Luke who is essentially a caricature because they don't give him any backstory or moments to grow but isn't offensive and could be a good if the show let him.

Sophie is the worst but she's in good company

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, so a general question about the show I have is that it's based on the same Earth as Arrow & Flash, right? I assume it is based on the Elseworlds crossover last year.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Vietnamwees posted:

Hey, so a general question about the show I have is that it's based on the same Earth as Arrow & Flash, right? I assume it is based on the Elseworlds crossover last year.

Yes, Batwoman, Flash, Arrow, and Legends are all on Earth-1. Supergirl and Black Lightning are on their own individual Earths.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Yes, Batwoman, Flash, Arrow, and Legends are all on Earth-1. Supergirl and Black Lightning are on their own individual Earths.

Yeah, I thought for a moment that the sniper was going to be Deadshot, but of course Earth-1 has already had (and killed off) its Deadshot in Arrow.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I may be the only person here who really enjoys Alice but I'm with the general consensus that the show will be better off when hopefully Kate gets over Sophie and her and husband go away.

I think I enjoyed Kate/Batwoman more this episode with Julia around. I think its basically the missing piece that the other Arrowverse shows have, a team. All the heroes are at their worse when they're brooding alone and at their best when they're being challenged by teammates and sometimes joking around. Getting Luke and Mary more involved could be an easy fix but I think Batwoman needs some allies.

I still don't love or hate the show, but I got excited by the Harbinger/Crisis clip.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Nov 19, 2019

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I like the work the actress for Alice does, she seems legit insane, my biggest gripe with her is that the little backstory we have of her doesn't even begin to explain her descent into madness, complete heel turn and becoming a murderous leader of a criminal gang.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

We don't have a ton of backstory but I'm kind of just ok with "raised by psychopath as a prisoner, grew to resent dad for not saving her" as the path there. I personally don't feel like I need a lot more than that. I've enjoyed the dance with Kate trying all the usual story ways to reach her and give her a chance to show she's not a bad guy and she keeps doubling down on being a psycho killer.

I also don't need much explanation for why she has a gang either like some posters seem to have brought up. I don't feel like I've ever really gotten much of an explanation for why villains have a bunch of henchmen. Money? Fun of being bad? Nowhere else to go? The show threw us something early on with the "1%" stuff that her boyfriend seemed to buy into so maybe they're all just that. Who knows? They're just anonymous henchmen so it doesn't much bother me what their individual motivations are.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
They're also setting it up so that Mouse is clearly the crazier and more unpredictable of the two and has some serious doubts about Alice's loyalty and/or willingness to be as crazy a motherfucker as he is, so if they do want to ultimately redeem Alice they have an easy replacement for her lined up. She'll probably get taken out by Mouse too as a means to selling that he's someone you should take seriously now and give Kate extra motivation to take him down.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah it’s bullshit that Mary isn’t looped in to this and Sophie is. She’s awesome and Sophie is garbage.

They’re gonna push poor Mary into supervillains, Thea style.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

They’re gonna push poor Mary into supervillains, Thea style.

I hope they make Mary Flamebird. That'd be great. She won't be the Flamebird that's super gung-ho about superheroing sadly, but it'll be something.

Unfortunately, I think they'll have Luke be Batwing beofre Mary ever gets looped in.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
In true CW form, they'll save the last identity reveal for the best person.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

In true CW form, they'll save the last identity reveal for the best person.

That one has an asterisk on it for Flash, as Iris became the best character only after they wrapped up the "Just tell her already" bullshit with Barry's identity.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The only other CW show I’ve ever watched is iZombie but my girlfriend loves Ruby Rose so we’ve been watching this show. I know it’s connected to other CW shows, is Batman in any of the other shows? Is he ever going to show up ? Is there a reason he’s been gone for 4 years?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I very much doubt that we are ever gonna see Batman in any shape that is not a shadowy figure with no real face or form used as a plot device in some dreamlike memory or maybe an alternate version of batman from an alternate reality that shows up and by the end of the episode when they ask him "can you help us find our bruce" he will stop, look back and say "If bruce doesn't want to be found, then no one can find him, not even bruce. Trust me. I would know." before going away.

Of course this may change in like 3 months and I'll look like a fool but I always felt that between how big the Batman name is and how similar Batman and Green Arrow are in terms of superhero profile, that they're kinda incompatible. Especially because it's kinda easy to distinguish Green Arrow from Batman in the comics because of how different their personalities can be, especially if you take comic book Black Canary into consideration, and their couple dynamic. The Arrow from Arrowverse (as far as I watched) already feels Batmanlike with his constant brooding and debates about the value of life and not becoming a monster and everything being so overly dark.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Nov 22, 2019

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The only other CW show I’ve ever watched is iZombie but my girlfriend loves Ruby Rose so we’ve been watching this show. I know it’s connected to other CW shows, is Batman in any of the other shows? Is he ever going to show up ? Is there a reason he’s been gone for 4 years?

The CW shows started with Arrow because they wanted to make a super serious Dark Knight style super hero show but Batman was off limits because lol WB Corporate. Apparently the show runners of Arrow fought like mad for six years for the right to just say the name “Bruce Wayne” out loud in passing. Then in the last two years there was a sudden relaxing of WB’s standards for what heroes could and couldn’t appear or be referenced on TV and suddenly everyone was saying the name Batman and Bruce Wayne, but Batwoman is as close as we’re gonna get, I think.

An older Bruce is going to be showing up in Crisis on Infinite Earths next month played by Kevin Conroy, but Batwoman’s Bruce is probably either never going to appear or show up in Season 2 like Superman did on Supergirl once the production team realized okay they weren’t cancelled.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Then again, Supergirl played it real coy at first with the “your cousin” bullshit and look how that turned out. In a couple years we may have a tiny Batman series.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Phylodox posted:

Then again, Supergirl played it real coy at first with the “your cousin” bullshit and look how that turned out. In a couple years we may have a tiny Batman series.

I certainly believe anything is possible; but supergirl's first season, although weaker than Arrow or Flash, was still a fair bit better than Batwoman currently is. Even season 1 of LoT was better.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

I certainly believe anything is possible; but supergirl's first season, although weaker than Arrow or Flash, was still a fair bit better than Batwoman currently is. Even season 1 of LoT was better.

Whoa buddy let’s not say anything we can’t take back here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Jensen Ackles is not a tiny man.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Oracle posted:

Whoa buddy let’s not say anything we can’t take back here.

I regret nothing

Also I just realised we've already had a tiny batman series.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I was so positive during Elseworlds and before Batwoman's debut that the reason Kate was even Batwoman was to cover for Bruce having died in the line of duty. But it seems like they're gonna stick with this "he's missing" schtick, so gently caress it, he'll probably show up in season 3 or something.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Phylodox posted:

I'm really curious what he's going to look like if Kate can wear his suit with a half hour of alterations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

GigaPeon posted:

I'm really curious what he's going to look like if Kate can wear his suit with a half hour of alterations.

The guy should be a 6'5 brick poo poo house. Don't question it.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

GigaPeon posted:

Even my ten year old upon first seeing the (supposedly unaltered) Batsuit in the premiere was like 'uh, why does Batman's suit have boobs'

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oracle posted:

Even my ten year old upon first seeing the (supposedly unaltered) Batsuit in the premiere was like 'uh, why does Batman's suit have boobs'

Maybe Robert Paulsen was filling in for Bruce?

Edit: Crisis thread! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3904583

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, a couple of years ago I would have said we'll never see Batman. But now we got Tiny Superman not only making regular appearances but getting his own pilot and we're on the eve of a full blown Crisis completely with "never gonna see"s out the wazoo. So I wouldn't be remotely shocked if we suddenly hear news that Batman has been cast.