Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

cage-free egghead posted:

How are you able to run it already?

It's up early

DX12 crashed hard for me, oh well

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 21, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Sex Hobbit posted:

Still active for me. You might have to reload from the title screen to get it to pop.

Have you updated to the latest version? I did and now it shows inactive in the menu

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
what does "Zane's kill-skill bonuses to stack up to two times" mean?

oh, if you kill fast enough, you get double the effect for a while? that's cool

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

also if i read correctly, outside menus, this still isn't the performance patch

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Joey Freshwater posted:

Have you updated to the latest version? I did and now it shows inactive in the menu

Yes indeedy, there are now ten more bank upgrades for me to buy and I’m still haunted.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sex Hobbit posted:

there are now ten more bank upgrades for me to buy

That’s gonna be a lot of cash

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Rinkles posted:

That’s gonna be a lot of cash

The first one is $3,280,500 but you automatically get 50 more slots when the update downloads. So that one would actually get you to 120.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
If I read correctly, it’s something like 82-83mil for all of the upgrades

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
New legendaries eh?

Interesting. From the Maliwan hunt thing only?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
All the sudden after downloading the update I'm locked out of Sanctuary completely, can't fast travel there at all. Anyone else having this(PS4)?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Joey Freshwater posted:

I had an issue a week or so ago where it read as inactive, but the problem is just loading in too quick. When you first boot up the game you have the normal desert idle screen and after a second or two it ticks over to haunted night time. If you load into your game before that ticks over, the halloween event doesn't work.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Basebf555 posted:

Yea the loot ghosts are a much better source of legendaries than Haunt himself is. I've fought him maybe 15-20 times and only seen maybe three legendary drops from him. Loot ghosts seem to be an almost guaranteed drop, although it's definitely not 100% because I've killed some that only dropped purples.

Is there a good spot to farm loot ghosts? If it matters, I'm playing fl4k with fade and intro legendaries (my guns are the ones you get from completing all the hunt and target-of-opportunity quests). I just got into the game and would like to get the grenade before the holiday event ends.

Also, do you get more loot ghosts in higher difficulty or is mayhem 1 just as likely to get you ghosts as mayhem 3?

Hyperactive
Mar 10, 2004

RICHARDS!

Basebf555 posted:

All the sudden after downloading the update I'm locked out of Sanctuary completely, can't fast travel there at all. Anyone else having this(PS4)?

So, bring up the Sanctuary map like you are going to teleport to it. And use the L stick to select the New U Station / travel point / whatever. Now you can hold X to go there.

Before if you just hit X it would sorta assume that’s what you wanted but now you have to actually choose the spawn point from the map even though that’s the only one.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

drat, the takedown is very hard solo. I've been doing Mayhem 3 CoS, and I couldn't clear M1 takedown. This should be fun.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Is there a good spot to farm loot ghosts? If it matters, I'm playing fl4k with fade and intro legendaries (my guns are the ones you get from completing all the hunt and target-of-opportunity quests). I just got into the game and would like to get the grenade before the holiday event ends.

Also, do you get more loot ghosts in higher difficulty or is mayhem 1 just as likely to get you ghosts as mayhem 3?

Find a spot with a high density of enemies. Or somewhere with waves of enemies, so try to unlock a circle of slaughter. I can't remember what's good as you're playing through the story though, maybe run through Athenas or the Skywell from start to finish? Basically the ghosts are haunting enemies by some percentage, so you want to increase the number of enemies you see per unit time. Driving from spawn to spawn on a large map like the droughts wastes time- every moment spent driving instead of encountering enemies is a waste.

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

Has anyone killed wotan yet? Having to play with pubbies sucks...

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
”Bullet tracers passing through Zane's shield are more transparent”

Game is now playable

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

abaddonis posted:

If I read correctly, it’s something like 82-83mil for all of the upgrades

I bought 1, ran out of cash, got annoyed, then remembered that trainer exists.
The dude has updated it already which is cool.

I don't understand why people want 1 hit kills and invincibility, but for stuff like this, and leveling form game-end to LV 50, it's cool and good

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

forhorglingrads posted:

Has anyone killed wotan yet? Having to play with pubbies sucks...

Yeah, my group did it last night. We did it on Mayhem 0 and still had trouble. It's a really fun fight though. Definitely needs some good cooperation and the right elemental choices.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Hyperactive posted:

So, bring up the Sanctuary map like you are going to teleport to it. And use the L stick to select the New U Station / travel point / whatever. Now you can hold X to go there.

Before if you just hit X it would sorta assume that’s what you wanted but now you have to actually choose the spawn point from the map even though that’s the only one.

Well that's embarrassing

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Hyperactive posted:

If you're playing on PS4 you can just push down on the D-pad while on the map screen, it will select the Sanctuary waypoint, just a bit faster than manually pushing the cursor over to the stop itself.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Since Borderlands 3 got me itching to go back and play through 1 and 2 I installed Borderlands Enhanced and been playing through it as Mordecai. I really forgot how completely unbalanced the game was, even by the series' standards. The Double Anarchy SMG is such a ridiculously broken weapon and I upgraded Bloodwing to the point that he one-shots everything, so I can just go around a bandit came and loot things while he murders everything for me (though the pathing is wonky at times).

One thing I can't remember and it's hard to test out with the mod I have (it's goddamn good too) but can you increase your skills beyond the max limit with class mods? I only ask because the value doesn't reflect it on the class tree.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Mordecai’s bird is funny in BL1 because he kind of exposes part of the game logic. If you have line of sight to the dead center of an enemy, wherever their waist is, then he’ll go after them. It doesn’t use a bounding box or anything like that, so it’s probably just looking for the x/y/z of the target GameObject to be visible to the player and nothing else.

Helps explain some of the quirks, like why Bloodwing is so lovely about going after dudes behind cover.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Listerine posted:

If you're playing on PS4 you can just push down on the D-pad while on the map screen, it will select the Sanctuary waypoint, just a bit faster than manually pushing the cursor over to the stop itself.

That is what broke in the patch, It doesn't do this anymore. It selects the words on the menu but doesn't move the cursor to the waypoint marker. You have to move it manually.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Trastion posted:

That is what broke in the patch, It doesn't do this anymore. It selects the words on the menu but doesn't move the cursor to the waypoint marker. You have to move it manually.

Ooooooh, then it must be a different issue for me. Used to be that when I opened the Sanctuary level in my map, cursor was automatically on the travel waypoint and I could just press X to travel.

Now, even though the waypoint is highlighted in orange as if it was selected, I have to push down on the D-pad and then press X. But I don't have to manually move the cursor with my controller stick.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Loaded in for the first time in maybe a fortnight to try out the Zane changes. Might have been bad Mayhem mods but didn't do much in Slaughter Shafts but took stock of my inventory and made some changes there. I'd previously used a Cold Warrior mod, which I always knew had a kind of rubbish legendary perk but had a highly desirable +4 Synchronicity and +25% weapon damage, as well as a Vladof firerate boost for Lucien's Call. Swap it for Lucky Unsporting Executor with +31$ rifle damage, +50% Torgue accuracy and swap Cryo Lucian's Call for Cryo Laser-sploder.

Sploosh.

I don't know if it's the character boosts or the mod incresing freeze effectiveness, or properties particular to the 'sploder, but it's incredible how effortlessly I freeze fools now. I also have a theory that Cryo'sploder has synergy with itself, freezing with the beam and doing boosted damage with it's explosive projectiles. And this was before I realized I was using the wrong Loaded Dice and switched in for +16% cryo.

A form beyond Super Zayen. Super Zayen God Super Zayen.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Has anyone actually beat the raid boss yet? He’s IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.
Well drop rate is hosed, unless you want to pound on mayhem four 10 times health enemies.

drat it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

isoprenaline posted:

Well drop rate is hosed, unless you want to pound on mayhem four 10 times health enemies.

drat it.

How do you mean? I ran Slaughter Shafts and saw the expected number of legendaries on Mayhem 3. I tried Mayhem 4 on Heck and Captain Haunt dropped maybe 7 legends, after absolutely ages.

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

BizarroAzrael posted:

How do you mean? I ran Slaughter Shafts and saw the expected number of legendaries on Mayhem 3. I tried Mayhem 4 on Heck and Captain Haunt dropped maybe 7 legends, after absolutely ages.

Then I am very confused. I have been playing mayhem 3 for weeks. Today and yesterday compared 3 and 4 post update and I am certain 3 seems nerfed. Killed a loot ghost, anointeds, and a thieving jabber on 3 , no legendaries and in some cases no purples at all. Red level chests on 3 with only greens and blues. No idea why but being in Australia make it almost impossible to find anyone to play with so solo most of the time but I’m used to that and comparing like to like.

Not your experience?

(And Takedown is rough, even on normal I am avoiding it until I can find a way to get a group. )

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jimbot posted:

Since Borderlands 3 got me itching to go back and play through 1 and 2 I installed Borderlands Enhanced and been playing through it as Mordecai. I really forgot how completely unbalanced the game was, even by the series' standards. The Double Anarchy SMG is such a ridiculously broken weapon and I upgraded Bloodwing to the point that he one-shots everything, so I can just go around a bandit came and loot things while he murders everything for me (though the pathing is wonky at times).

One thing I can't remember and it's hard to test out with the mod I have (it's goddamn good too) but can you increase your skills beyond the max limit with class mods? I only ask because the value doesn't reflect it on the class tree.

Holy hell that ui

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

stuffed crust punk posted:

Holy hell that ui

:swoon:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

isoprenaline posted:

drat it.

Last weekend a friend and I played Slaughter Star 3000 and legendaries were dropping all over the place. Granted, my luck is almost 30 percent, but I seem to get way more when playing with another.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

stuffed crust punk posted:

Holy hell that ui

Yep!

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Whoa, The Takedown's final boss is a bit jarring. Yikes, and only on Mayhem one.

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.
Im trying to play this one right but man i sure want to trainer up 50 million bucks so I can just not worry about the economy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

isoprenaline posted:

Then I am very confused. I have been playing mayhem 3 for weeks. Today and yesterday compared 3 and 4 post update and I am certain 3 seems nerfed. Killed a loot ghost, anointeds, and a thieving jabber on 3 , no legendaries and in some cases no purples at all. Red level chests on 3 with only greens and blues. No idea why but being in Australia make it almost impossible to find anyone to play with so solo most of the time but I’m used to that and comparing like to like.

Not your experience?

(And Takedown is rough, even on normal I am avoiding it until I can find a way to get a group. )

Are you level 50? The second I hit 50 legendaries started dropping all over the place.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Target Practice posted:

Im trying to play this one right but man i sure want to trainer up 50 million bucks so I can just not worry about the economy.

If the game gives more guns than money, then the economy is broken, so gently caress it I say.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

have they fixed chest loot sometimes being underleveled when you're at max level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Adolf Glitter posted:

If the game gives more guns than money, then the economy is broken, so gently caress it I say.

Yeah i did and bought all the SDUs and I'm much happier.