Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The shield turret should have full frontal coverage given that you have no peripheral vision. Like a shield covering the front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Tokubetsu posted:

M13 with no stock and the short barrel *chef's kiss*

gun doesn't seem to hit as hard as the other ARs so gently caress it use it like an smg

It feel like 5 bullet to kill while the MP5 kill with 3 and doesn't fire much slower :sad:
I want to like the M13 so I can grind it to the caliber conversion and supressed barrel ninja build but it is not easy.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

veni veni veni posted:

The SCAR is so good but the upgrade path for it is a real slog. It’s taking forever to make that snail speed ADS go away and that tiny rear end clip gets me killed while reloading so much. I can tell this thing is going to eventually be an absolute beast at the end though. TBH it’s so much better than the Oden as much as I hate to say it. It’s like a perfect middle ground between Oden and the fast ROF ARs

SCAR gets a lot better with a 25 round mag, but man does the ADS time hurt it. Really need to be more careful around corners with it.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

If u don't FAL, u FAIL

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Anyone below 1KD should just get perma UAV

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

soggybagel posted:

The shield turret should have full frontal coverage given that you have no peripheral vision. Like a shield covering the front.

I'm trying to do that stage of one of the missions now and I'd never used the thing before. What a loving steaming pile of horse poo poo it is

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

banned from Starbucks posted:

Anyone below 1KD should just get perma UAV

As someone sitting at .97, I approve of this message.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My K/D is ruined from playing with goons who are much better than me and getting matchmade against way harder teams. Oh well. At least now every time I play alone the players it pits me against are so bad I often get to feel like a god for a bit and bump it back up, before the harsh reminder that I suck returns when I party up again lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Krogort posted:

357 kick rear end in hardcore.
1 bullet to kill at pretty much any range, halfway trough the grind you can even put a scope then a stock on it.

yeah after some upgrades it's actually pretty fun in HC. It wouldn't be my weapon of choice even in HC if I wasn't trying to level it up, but it's quite fun. My next unlock is better fire rate thank god. About half way to snake shot after sitting down and playing HC for 2 hours today.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Thinking back, that lightweight trigger was the 2nd best thing after snakeshot, getting the gold skin was soul wrenching for those 75 base weapon kills.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I take it back the kilo isnt the worst AR, its def the Scar. loving christ this thing is an AR in name only other than its mag size. Should just throw it in the LMG class.

I miss whichever CoD didnt tie attachment unlocks to specific weapons.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've gone from lvl 1-26 in one sitting with the 357 and my brain is cottage cheese but I'm so close. Someone send help.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

veni veni veni posted:

I've gone from lvl 1-26 in one sitting with the 357 and my brain is cottage cheese but I'm so close. Someone send help.

If your sick of hardcore you can always use amped rounds, it 1shots up close in regular games

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
Got to the end of one of the Co-op missions only to have the entire enemy force start shooting us through the walls of the building we were holed up in, perfect accuracy and full damage. These missions are still totally awfully, did anyone even playtest them?

I want these operators. :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mae posted:

If your sick of hardcore you can always use amped rounds, it 1shots up close in regular games

I unlocked it right after that post.

it seems...decent. I was expecting it to be a little better. I don't think it quite stacks up to the real shotguns, especially the 725, but being able to run a shotty without overkill will be a nice option. Maybe I just need to mess with the attachments more.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Folks weren't kidding with how k/d dictates match making. Went on a hot round with the FAL, put up a ridiculous 8:1 game, next round is nothing but the sweatiest folks I've seen in a week.

I just want my AK :(

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Goodchild posted:

Got to the end of one of the Co-op missions only to have the entire enemy force start shooting us through the walls of the building we were holed up in, perfect accuracy and full damage. These missions are still totally awfully, did anyone even playtest them?

Which mission? My buddy and I just beat our second mission. We've got the first and the last one (the one where you get in the airplane) down but tried to do paladin with the apc and it's still bullshit. I want Zane!

Also Oden is my new favorite gun in the game. It's the silenced double tap scar from mw2 and I love it so much.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Goodchild posted:

Hilariously when I completed Crosswinds, the plane was empty. Entirely. No juggernaut, nothing, just a straight run. Then on the ground it was a 4v1 against the helicopter. Only then did the enemies actually spawn and it's lucky two of us got to the exfil because the AI destroyed us hard. So they definitely hosed some poo poo way up but it's somehow still slightly easier than it was at least.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

codo27 posted:

There have been HC matches I've thought long and hard about rage killing my entire team.

Just did that before quitting my last game.

HC kill confirmed on shoothouse. Should be a full on run and gun fun time.

Nah. My team are almost all dedicated snipers, by which I mean no matter what side they spawn, they will hop on the ledge overlooking the centre path. And because it's the same spot, the other team (who are running as a 4 man and a 2 man kill team) just flank an merc them while I kill a couple here and there with my glock.

Spawned behind two of the camping fuckers, popped em both in the noggin, and left.

I've had poo poo luck all morning with games, almost consistently being placed with teams who either ignore the objective, have no spatial awareness, or are just the sweatiest campers.

I joined one game of kill confirmed to find my team 0 - 20, and all holed up in the "A" spawn. Like, Aliens-style bunkered down, mined every entrance and were camped by every doorway just waiting.

I quit.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

After playing hardcore a lot I’m effectively neutered in regular games.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think I’m the only person that uses the P90.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Romes128 posted:

I think I’m the only person that uses the P90.

P90 is pretty great once you slap some attachments on there. Any time I see one loaded out on the ground I grab it immediately.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RCarr posted:

I was on a 29 killstreak on shoot house last night and snuck up behind someone for my 30th kill... then ran out of ammo. He turned around and killed me and I will never get that close to a nuke again 😞

I wonder if there is a big bonus to killing people who are close to a nuke.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Weapon Tiers?

S
M4

A
MP5
MP7

B
AK
Aug
Kilo
MG34
PKM
Oden

C
FAL
Famas
HDR
M19
M13
PP19 Bizon
P90
R9-0

D
AX-50 - Worse HDR
Uzi - Garbage stats
Origin 12 - Very situational
SA87 - Garbage stats

Z
Dragunov - Sniper rifle that doesn't kill people
EBR-14 - Worse than an AR
MK2 Carbine - Requires Pro CS player aim which would also work with any other weapon
SCAR - An AR that has the stats of an LMG until you cover it in mods

Disclaimer: I barely used the SA87, Kar98k, MG34. Left the Kar98 out.
The M4 still sits above because it works well at too many ranges. A slight nerf to recoil/handling could make it A tier. The MP5/MP7 could be S tier but they are more limited in range than the M4. 725 no longer S after it's range nerfs.
Wasn't sure about the Famas, FAL and M13 but as they are the less effective assault rifles I moved them down. Bizon feels like a pea shooter to me but a lot of people seem to like it.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Nov 24, 2019

Treemeister
Oct 15, 2006

HAY GUYS
I spent all morning running around like a madman with the 680. I not only had a string of good games but also played a number of people who would scream into their mics when they died. Killing the same camping assholes, seeing "Buzzkill" pop up, and hearing them convulse over the internet reaffirmed my love for this game.

I basically only play objective modes now, and I'm so much happier.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Death mics are so fun in this game. Especially with a name like Impeach Trump the fury and rage when I kill them gives me joy for the Holiday season.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Carecat posted:

Weapon Tiers?

S
M4

A
AK
Aug
Kilo
MP5
MP7
MG34
PKM
Oden

B
FAL
Famas
HDR
M19
M13
PP19 Bizon
P90
R9-0

C
AX-50 - Worse HDR
Uzi - Garbage stats
Origin 12 - Very situational
SA87 - Garbage stats

D
Dragunov - Sniper rifle that doesn't kill people
EBR-14 - Worse than an AR
MK2 Carbine - Requires Pro CS player aim which would also work with any other weapon
SCAR - An AR that has the stats of an LMG until you cover it in mods

The M4 still sits above because it works well at too many ranges. A slight nerf to recoil/handling could make it A tier. The MP5/MP7 could be S tier but they are more limited in range than the M4. 725 no longer works on 1/3 of the map ranges but is still scary.
Wasn't sure about the Famas, FAL and M13 but as they are the less effective assault rifles I moved them down. Bizon feels like a pea shooter to me but a lot of people seem to like it.

I'd put MP5 MP7 and 725 as A tier and shift everything else down one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is the MP5 pretty good if you build it for mid range?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I like the Scar-H it’s my most used weapon I think

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
Kilo should probably fall under A level as well. It's a God damned laser with no recoil.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

My excuse for my kd is objective modes. I'm pretty much always positive in Deathmatch or kill confirmed even. But I want to win just as much in the objective modes and will throw myself on points fearlessly and it's just not good for you

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The game should give more points for all objective based stuff since you pretty much have to murder your K/D to win the game half the time. Like in HQ. Maybe I'll get a decent amount of kills and points but I'll die 30 times trying to capture/hold the HQ sometimes.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

jase1 posted:

Death mics are so fun in this game. Especially with a name like Impeach Trump the fury and rage when I kill them gives me joy for the Holiday season.

Is your name impeach Trump or theirs?

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Carecat posted:

Weapon Tiers?
[...]

If you already have the Mk2 in Z-tier, I suspect you're going to want to invent a ZZ-tier just for the Kar. It's a slightly more generous OHK area at the expense of a noticeably more punishing cycle time compared to the Mk2. If you don't put your target down in one shot, it's usually not worth trying for a second given that the current meta has fully automatic weapons operating at ranges where semi-autos should be shining.

JackGeneric fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 24, 2019

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Went on a snakeshot rip where every single bullet was a OHK , went right to chopper gunner. I’ve found that the tac laser has been the best of the three for running around. If they’re close just let it rip but if they’re a smidge away aim and destroy. I am not looking forward to removing the snakeshot for no attachments.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

Skyarb posted:

Is your name impeach Trump or theirs?

It’s my name.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

jase1 posted:

It’s my name.

It's great when we've got ImpeachTrump, TrumpIsARacist, RomneyPalin2012 all in a group.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I like the Scar-H it’s my most used weapon I think
Scar was my baby in MW2, I'm trying to level it up but it's fuckin' painful with the tiny mag and poo poo ADS time.

StevoMcQueen posted:

Just did that before quitting my last game.

HC kill confirmed on shoothouse. Should be a full on run and gun fun time.

Nah. My team are almost all dedicated snipers, by which I mean no matter what side they spawn, they will hop on the ledge overlooking the centre path. And because it's the same spot, the other team (who are running as a 4 man and a 2 man kill team) just flank an merc them while I kill a couple here and there with my glock.

Spawned behind two of the camping fuckers, popped em both in the noggin, and left.

I've had poo poo luck all morning with games, almost consistently being placed with teams who either ignore the objective, have no spatial awareness, or are just the sweatiest campers.

I joined one game of kill confirmed to find my team 0 - 20, and all holed up in the "A" spawn. Like, Aliens-style bunkered down, mined every entrance and were camped by every doorway just waiting.

I quit.
And this is why pointstreaks are superior to kill streaks. Doesn't help TDM but encourages people to fuckin' pick up tags and cap things.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SubponticatePoster posted:

Scar was my baby in MW2, I'm trying to level it up but it's fuckin' painful with the tiny mag and poo poo ADS time.

And this is why pointstreaks are superior to kill streaks. Doesn't help TDM but encourages people to fuckin' pick up tags and cap things.

I wonder where they got the galaxy brain idea to make pointstreaks a perk, so no one ever takes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Mister Facetious posted:

I wonder where they got the galaxy brain idea to make pointstreaks a perk, so no one ever takes it.

A perk that replaces Hardline, even