Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Colonel Cancer posted:

I bet he still loved the idea of state sanctioned violence, just thought cops weren't doing enough of it :shrug:

Do you actually think these libertarians like cops? Do you also think that sovereign citizens like cops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
I like how he consistently brags on his Instagram that he cuts down trees for a living.

Making $35,000 a year while destroying my back to own the libs.

You can see that army career really helped snag him that high-paying career path.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

JK Fresco posted:

This guy openly hated the cops and called them filthy pigs i don't think he was very blue lives matter

He has a lot of anti-Antifa and anti-black lives matter stuff on his Instagram so he's still a bootlicker

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW posted:

He has a lot of anti-Antifa and anti-black lives matter stuff on his Instagram so he's still a bootlicker

Yeah like I said earlier in the thread he's just a typical Libertarian, a hateful bigot in every sense of the word except he just also hates cops but purely because he believes they're out to take his guns and force him to pay taxes.

Like most of his ilk he's just a white person who thinks not being allowed to horde a vast trove of firearms and having to pay taxes is a grave oppression and violation of his rights that in his minds dwarfs all that oppression via racism and homophobia and sexism that he thinks are so okay.

TL;DR : The most crystalline example of white privilege

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Animal-Mother posted:

This was on the front page of Reddit like it was a massively important story.

Look at the subreddits it's on

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Atticus_1354 posted:

Do you actually think these libertarians like cops?

Um, yes.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They don't like cops but boy howdy do they love the idea of practicing the same extrajudicial justice cops love to execute on a whim.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Do you think he bought his 30 round mags with bitcoins?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They would prefer private mercenaries, it's true, but mostly because cops might discriminate against their stockpiling of illegal weaponry, drugs and rampant pedophilia.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

How does one become a libertarian? Is it a slow descent into madness after looking at taxes on your paycheck or is it an all of a sudden thing like his family died at ruby ridge and he's out for revenge?

Become a lib to own the libs

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tane posted:

How does one become a libertarian? Is it a slow descent into madness after looking at taxes on your paycheck or is it an all of a sudden thing like his family died at ruby ridge and he's out for revenge?

Step one: be a white man

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Tane posted:

They see success stories like Arkansas and Somalia and simply want that for themselves.

Serious answer: too many YouTube videos

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tane posted:

I'm permabanned poster ronpaulstomper58

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tane posted:

It's when you get a particularly bad American History textbook in middleschool and from that point onwards you have been conditioned to fetishize the Founding Fathers and the original ideals the nation was founded on which includes such great free market innovations such as chattel slavery.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Be a dumb white teenage boy, get exposed to Ayn Rand or Rand Paul, then never recover

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

he just also hates cops but purely because he believes they're out to take his guns

Well sounds like he was right this time!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

CassandraZara posted:

Well sounds like he was right this time!

He'll have them back soon enough and the next story involving him will probably be a dead wife, it's America.

DB Pooper
Mar 27, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think this guy is pretty cool and I like him

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
By the way, regardless of this guy's domestic violence and eventual armed standoff, CPS showing up and saying "hey give us your husband's thirty round mags that some rando said you have or we'll take your kids" is a real step over the line.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

CassandraZara posted:

By the way, regardless of this guy's domestic violence and eventual armed standoff, CPS showing up and saying "hey give us your husband's thirty round mags that some rando said you have or we'll take your kids" is a real step over the line.

:wrong:

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hey give me the cocaine that somebody said you have or we'll take your kids

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jokes on you, I don't have kids!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Somehow I seriously doubt the beginning and end of the red flag call his veteran coworker made was "He has 30 round mag arrest him." and was likely more like "He has been saying/doing poo poo that makes me suspect he might do some murderous poo poo and I know he has illegal ammunition."

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Who What Now posted:

Jokes on you, I don't have kids!

Yeah I don't care, we can't get this party started without blow.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

He seems like a Nazi and I hope he suffers.

Scratch a libertarian and you'll find a Nazi. They're basically just fascists who are sometimes okay with weed.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

it's a felony in NY to have one of those. that's a crime serious enough to warrant a grand jury, on the same level as rape, robbery, or murder.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clark Nova posted:

Be a dumb white teenage boy, get exposed to Ayn Rand or Rand Paul, then never recover
or john stossel, libertarians were literally funding his editorial specials on ABC, then buying the rights to distribute them on video. The libertarians would then donate the videos to school as economics lessons
https://stosselintheclassroom.org/
I remember as a kid liking his specials, I could've sworn I saw them on TV but then again why the gently caress would I have watched this dude rant about the homeless being lazy when I was a kid when I could've watched the simpsons or been playing nintendo?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Somehow I seriously doubt the beginning and end of the red flag call his veteran coworker made was "He has 30 round mag arrest him." and was likely more like "He has been saying/doing poo poo that makes me suspect he might do some murderous poo poo and I know he has illegal ammunition."

Yeah it's this

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
This thread took me on a deep rabbit hole through Instagram and the AR15 forums, which revealed a bunch of deeply disturbed veterans and military fetishists who are heavily armed and sincerely believe that they're going to take on the US Government in the near future. The militia movement is a heavy loving pause for concern.

Remember the days when these guys just had a sub to Soldier of Fortune and went skeet shooting with their buddies? Yeah? That was the gateway drug. I can only wonder how many HangRedcoats88 type posters are lurking in TFR/GiP on our own fair forums.

gently caress me I do not want to spend three months in the deep south next year, given current trends in that country I'd feel safer in sub-saharan Africa.

Edit: On an aside, goddamn, imagine what would have happened if Vietnam vets had returned to these kind of toxic internet communities and the ability to buy military grade weaponry for pennies? This current event is clearly a great example of the US Military leaving its veterans out to dry with no mental health support whatsoever, which has been going on since 'Nam, but these guys are coming back primed for radicalization by what are effectively nascent domestic terror cells rather than just getting hooked on drugs and dying on the streets.

Rime fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 25, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Sleeveless posted:

Blue Lives Matters only exists in opposition to Black Lives Matter so I'm not surprised a gunfucker pulled a 180 the moment they were the ones having to face down police.

There was a dude in the replies burning his thin blue line flag and wish I could shoot that post straight into my engorged throbbing dick veins

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

CharlestonJew posted:

If he wasn't white they would have shot him, his dog, and his kid

that's real hosed up. dogs shouldn't be shot

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
These people would be more dangerous but they are all so hyper-individualised that they just occasionally perform one man last stands against the cops as opposed to any real organising, rendering their huge weapons stockpiles useless.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Rime posted:

Remember the days when these guys just had a sub to Soldier of Fortune and went skeet shooting with their buddies? Yeah? That was the gateway drug. I can only wonder how many HangRedcoats88 type posters are lurking in TFR/GiP on our own fair forums.

TFR has grudgingly run them out over the years, GiP has reveled in searching out and destroying any who raise their heads since day 1.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Rime posted:

This thread took me on a deep rabbit hole through Instagram and the AR15 forums, which revealed a bunch of deeply disturbed veterans and military fetishists who are heavily armed and sincerely believe that they're going to take on the US Government in the near future.

Serious question but do they explain how they would take on a drone dropping a bomb on their house?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Coolness Averted posted:

or john stossel, libertarians were literally funding his editorial specials on ABC, then buying the rights to distribute them on video. The libertarians would then donate the videos to school as economics lessons
https://stosselintheclassroom.org/
I remember as a kid liking his specials, I could've sworn I saw them on TV but then again why the gently caress would I have watched this dude rant about the homeless being lazy when I was a kid when I could've watched the simpsons or been playing nintendo?

John Stossel's greatest moment was when David Schultz slapped the poo poo out of him.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Serious question but do they explain how they would take on a drone dropping a bomb on their house?

"the military would be on our side"

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Rime posted:

Edit: On an aside, goddamn, imagine what would have happened if Vietnam vets had returned to these kind of toxic internet communities and the ability to buy military grade weaponry for pennies? This current event is clearly a great example of the US Military leaving its veterans out to dry with no mental health support whatsoever, which has been going on since 'Nam, but these guys are coming back primed for radicalization by what are effectively nascent domestic terror cells rather than just getting hooked on drugs and dying on the streets.

the internet obviously changed things in terms of organization/communication, as has the political situation, but I have no idea how you think it was somehow difficult or expensive to buy guns in the 1970's, especially "military grade" weapons

the machinegun registry wasn't closed until the mid 1980's, there were way fewer import restrictions, and even without getting into all of the many commercial offerings, surplus/sporterized M1 carbines (a semi-automatic gun used by the US military and making use of what you'd call high-capacity detachable magazines) had been an extremely popular choice among civilians since the 1940s

LGD fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 25, 2019

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Horseshoe theory posted:

John Stossel's greatest moment was when David Schultz slapped the poo poo out of him.

gee for some reason that wasn't on the libertarian economics educational videos nor were any of his early consumer advocacy stuff

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

LGD posted:

the internet obviously changed things in terms of organization/communication, as has the political situation, but I have no idea how you think it was somehow difficult or expensive to buy guns in the 1970's, especially "military grade" weapons

the machinegun registry wasn't closed until the mid 1980's, there were way fewer import restrictions, and even without getting into all of the many commercial offerings, surplus/sporterized M1 carbines (a semi-automatic gun used by the US military and making use of what you'd call high-capacity detachable magazines) had been a very popular choice among civilians since the 1940s

I think I phrased that poorly, the guns have always been available, it was the context of the other cultural issues coupled with that availability which I was getting at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

a drone dropping bombs on house(s) would frighten the populace and further galvanize the people/ lend credence to the narrative that the government is corrupt and dangerous

"why don't we just drop bombs on marigold lane and wipe out the traitors" -- an actual question from a real person with real thoughts

gently caress