Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'd prob go with:

1. Brad Claire Chris Rick Delaney Molly Andy Carla Gabby Solha Christina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Democratic Pirate posted:

Off the top of my head:

Brad
Claire
Chris
Rick
Delaney :argh:
Andy
Carla
Molly

I mostly agree with this tier list although I would probably put molly higher

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
My favorite Brad moments are when he randomly shows up during someone else's thing.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

fknlo posted:

My favorite Brad moments are when he randomly shows up during someone else's thing.

And mumbles random things that require subtitles that are actually not what he said but are Matt sassing him.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I'd put Andy higher. Him and Brad are (to me) like this perfect mix of personalities. Brad is like this giant golden shepherd. Eager to be loved, and lovely to everyone, but when it's time to get down to business, will do so. Andy is a ball of anxiety and sass, but when it comes to Brad, he knows what the dude wants, and is willing to let the dude play. The rest, I couldn't really rank. They all have their personality that shines through. Claire forever doing what'ever Chris says. Rick being epic with his perfect manicure all the time. Molly sassing the hell out of Rappo. Dear god I don't know how such a tiny person has SO MUCH sass. Carla getting her /entire/ life with the drag queen during their cooking segments together.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm honestly disappointed you didn't continue the dog analogy for all the BA cooks. I was sure you would call Andy a pug.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

1. Amiel
2. Everyone else, don't care about the order

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He wears tinted glasses indoors

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

He wears tinted glasses indoors

Everything about him is slightly off and I appreciate that energy. The 'every way to cook a...' videos are the perfect combination of informative and watching test kitchen hosts defile themselves for clicks. Like, at first he's showing you how to prepare tartare and then he's drinking a steak smoothie.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

The BA crew finally getting together and cooking Thanksgiving was a delightful explosion of anxiety and panic and I'm very, very glad they did this series.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Whalley posted:

The BA crew finally getting together and cooking Thanksgiving was a delightful explosion of anxiety and panic and I'm very, very glad they did this series.

It seems so obvious to cook a turkey in pieces. Such makes it weirdest because I have NEVER seen a recipe that suggested that. Do people fetishize the whole bird that much? I didn't really grow up celebrating Thanksgiving.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
yeh a whole bird browned and sitting on the table is a thing. families are used to dry poo poo and as an outsider for whom thanksgiving also wasn't a thing, it was weird

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

flashy_mcflash posted:

Do people fetishize the whole bird that much? I didn't really grow up celebrating Thanksgiving.

Yeah, they barely even bother advertising deals on turkey pieces and it’s like pulling teeth to get a lot of families to consider ham or game hens or literally anything less finicky than a whole roast. A not insignificant number of people give themselves food poisoning every year because they just HAVE to have stuffing cooked in the bird

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

flashy_mcflash posted:

It seems so obvious to cook a turkey in pieces. Such makes it weirdest because I have NEVER seen a recipe that suggested that. Do people fetishize the whole bird that much? I didn't really grow up celebrating Thanksgiving.

I feel like Kenji has been banging the table about it for ages, and I feel like Alton Brown has suggested it at least once. There is also the perennial goon favorite of spatchcocking the turkey

My aunt who always does Thanksgiving has been cooking them separately for years, and I'm extremely sad we're not going to her place for Thanksgiving this year :(

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Turkey breasts cost as much as a whole turkey and most people don't know how to break down a bird plus the whole turkey is an iconic American dish. No big deal.

:nws:
:nms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HEFmFOlSaQ

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
The owner of the Indian buffet I used to half live at told me one year he did his family’s bird tandoori style :eyepop:

(My mom uses Alton Brown’s brining recipe and it’s always amazing)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I feel personally attacked by the latest "Is it a meal or a snack" video from BA.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah dumplings are a meal.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
white people thinking dumplings are a snack smh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Didn't they say that if you eat them in sufficient quantity, they're a meal? Like 8 or more? I've had four dumplings as a snack before.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Still got triggered by the others. And no I never had dumplings as a snack. I'll eat like a dozen at a time.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

fknlo posted:

I feel personally attacked by the latest "Is it a meal or a snack" video from BA.

i just finished watching that video and came here to vent. shame, ba people. shame!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Who are these people that think that no one is eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast?

And yes Amiel, I will also eat cake for breakfast. It's one of the great things about being an adult :colbert:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

fknlo posted:

And yes Amiel, I will also eat cake for breakfast. It's one of the great things about being an adult :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N202TC00IHM&t=260s

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

fknlo posted:

Who are these people that think that no one is eating cinnamon rolls for breakfast?

I did it once recently and it was terrible

Now ice cream for breakfast is the real pro move

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
4-6 dumplings are a starter, depending on size.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
All food is both snack or meal depending on amount

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Almost all of that was what I expected out of them, except for Rick being the only one to call nachos a meal. What the hell is that.

Also I'm with Steve Yun, the only difference between a snack and a meal is the quantity in most circumstances. Popcorn, potato chips, and bowls of candy are the only things that never transition from "snack" to "meal" if you eat a lot. Past a certain point, they go from "i had a snack of <thing>" to "i had too many of <thing> and i want to die" but never actually reach "meal."

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

fknlo posted:

lol literally me this whole week.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The BA site has a recipe for the best morning buns as well. Aren't morning buns just cinnamon buns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqy4XFraBlk

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

In my mind, morning buns have a cinnamon sugar topping and usually are kinda crisp when you bite into em. Cinnamon buns/rolls are soft and have icing or cream cheese frosting.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Someone on the Youtube comments of Claire's new video pointed out an engagement ring. Yay for her!

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Tangentially related to Dave Chang Chat from last page: he interviews some awesome people on his podcast and I really want to hear more, but he is a Really Bad Interviewer. Like, to the point where sometimes it's almost like the Chris Farley show from SNL. I like him talking with his guests about the industry and reminiscing about working crazy hours and grinding it out, but I have a really hard time listening to him try to interview his colleagues. Are there any similar podcasts about the restaurant industry, possibly with an insider like Chang, but maybe a better conversationalist?

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Racist Sandwich is about lots of stuff, not just the industry, but they have some industry episodes and they are good interviewers.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Brad is on hot ones this week.

https://youtu.be/B8gVMuIywe8

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

On a whim i rewatched (maybe I never saw it when it aired originally?) Bourdain's No Reservations New York Christmas special on hulu. I got to learn about Catalan and Austrian Christmas traditions and watch Tony get shat on by the James Beard-winning kitchen crew at les halles. Goddamn, is there ever a great cameo from a longtime Bourdain punching bag, Samantha Brown. It was a weird, fun one off and now I'm bummed his kid is without her dad again over the holidays :smith:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

toplitzin posted:

Brad is on hot ones this week.

https://youtu.be/B8gVMuIywe8

Holy crap Brad worked at Action Park, dude is New Jersey to the core.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Listening to the Making Perfect Thanksgiving podcast and got-drat Brad is really holding a grudge over that cranberry sauce.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Grem posted:

Holy crap Brad worked at Action Park, dude is New Jersey to the core.

I love my dead gay state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I really want that pizza oven they use in the BA kitchen but it's like $700. Way too much for an oven that only cooks pizza.