Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Kongming posted:

Be patient. I thought I was going to fail because my cargo damage was almost 70% once i killed the whale and the game says "less than 50%" but it doesn't actually matter. So just take your time whittling the boss down.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yes it's a slog. Be patient. Pretty sure the rain doesn't actually damage your cargo because that fight took a while and nothing of mine broke from rain damage. Pray that people toss you the lock on rocket launcher or even the quad. Or pelt it with a grenade then shoot the red spot.

Thanks. Patience worked. The mechanics of the game led me to believe there was some trick to it because there was no way those cryptibites weren't drowning r aging under normal game circumstances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Raptor1033 posted:

Is there a convenient way of tracking progress for the LoL achievo? Or am I going to have to take fuckin notes on this criminal conspiracy?

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

You can check your legend of legends progress in Options>BridgeLink>Select Your PSN Name[SpongeBobClit420]>Orders Tab

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The Human Crouton posted:

Thanks. Patience worked. The mechanics of the game led me to believe there was some trick to it because there was no way those cryptibites weren't drowning r aging under normal game circumstances.

Edit: poo poo. Maybe it does make sense with the mechanics. I'm pretty sure they said that cryptobites don't age in timefall. So they really cant. E damaged by rain even thought it eats away their container.

Edit: On phone. So sorry for weird posting sequence.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

The Human Crouton posted:

Edit: poo poo. Maybe it does make sense with the mechanics. I'm pretty sure they said that cryptobites don't age in timefall. So they really cant. E damaged by rain even thought it eats away their container.

Edit: On phone. So sorry for weird posting sequence.

No cargo gets damaged by rain. It damages the container, and lower container integrity makes you more susceptible to cargo damage from impacts and whatnot, but you can have the container rained down to 0% and still have the cargo at 100% if you're careful.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I like that there's prominent blue in the not-inverted rainbow in the load screen during ep 15. Just cause the lack of blue in the chiral rainbow thing stuck with me for some reason.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

love the chapter 9 boss fight that's just stomping troy baker's nuts over and over

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lets hang out posted:

love the chapter 9 boss fight that's just stomping troy baker's nuts over and over

:yeah:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

lets hang out posted:

Part of me felt the first phase of the boss fight went on for too long but I loved hurling cargo at his head.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I don’t know what’s worse: seeing a bunch of online trucks abandoned on my precious roads, or noticing that most of them are colored like the Joker.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don’t know what’s worse: seeing a bunch of online trucks abandoned on my precious roads, or noticing that most of them are colored like the Joker.

They’re colored like Eva Unit 1. Happy thanksgiving.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Yeah most my vehicles I put the EVA01 color on haha, but I don't leave vehicles around blocking poo poo FYI

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
That’s cause Shinji doesn’t wanna get inside

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Postgame I returned to the Land of Chapter Three and upon arriving with a truckload of cargo at Port Knot City I noticed some rear end in a top hat had left a truck parked right in one of the gate lanes heading up to the distribution center. What the hell. Then I realized that rear end in a top hat was me, because of a late game cutscene yanking me right out of the world and apparently leaving my truck behind.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Quinton posted:

Postgame I returned to the Land of Chapter Three and upon arriving with a truckload of cargo at Port Knot City I noticed some rear end in a top hat had left a truck parked right in one of the gate lanes heading up to the distribution center. What the hell. Then I realized that rear end in a top hat was me, because of a late game cutscene yanking me right out of the world and apparently leaving my truck behind.

not gonna lie that's some on-brand kojima poo poo

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
You must have gone through the game at a pretty decent clip then. Most of the stuff I left behind had degraded by postgame.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

You must have gone through the game at a pretty decent clip then. Most of the stuff I left behind had degraded by postgame.

The truck was left behind at the end of chapter 11 on my trek back to Capital Knot City -- a cutscene occurred on my approach to Port Knot City, as I was wondering if they'd have me take a boat back across or what, so it really only sat there for chapters 12/13/14.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I've got a problem. I need to set up some more ziplines to get through the pass to Port Knot City. But every time I try, it says there's not enough Chiral bandwidth. I've deleted like a half dozen structures, but still nothing. I went to my private room to see if that reset the count or something, still can't do it. Has anybody else encountered this?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Make sure you're deleting structures you built and not online structures. Online structures don't consume bandwidth so deleting them doesn't free any up.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kongming posted:

Make sure you're deleting structures you built and not online structures. Online structures don't consume bandwidth so deleting them doesn't free any up.

oh yeah that makes sense. It would suck to have other people's poo poo taking up your bandwidth. Thanks.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Gripweed posted:

I've got a problem. I need to set up some more ziplines to get through the pass to Port Knot City. But every time I try, it says there's not enough Chiral bandwidth. I've deleted like a half dozen structures, but still nothing. I went to my private room to see if that reset the count or something, still can't do it. Has anybody else encountered this?

Are you deleting your structures, or online structures? The things pulled in from other people's games don't count toward your bandwidth.

e: fb

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Can you delete vehicles, or is the cosplayer's house just always screwed?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

UltraRed posted:

If you see my trike, I’m sorry, it really was an accident

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I built a generator there because it was the only way for me to get my truck back out.

Jumping/backing out of there took me like 10 minutes, it probably would have been faster to walk from South Distro

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

UltraRed posted:

It's pretty much always got a truck in the door.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

UltraRed posted:

They said this is coming in a future update

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

UltraRed posted:

My truck got stuck in front for about 30 hours of in game play until it finally got destroyed by time fall. I’m sorry everyone.

Zarikov
Jun 20, 2004

Metal Gear? Metal Gear? Metal Gear!
Dinosaur Gum
I just started chapter 8 and was wondering, are there any storyline reasons to try and 5 star everything? I'm thinking I'm ready to just power through the rest of the story quests since I already spent a ton of time the eastern half of the map and I don't want to get burned out before I actually finish the game.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zarikov posted:

I just started chapter 8 and was wondering, are there any storyline reasons to try and 5 star everything? I'm thinking I'm ready to just power through the rest of the story quests since I already spent a ton of time the eastern half of the map and I don't want to get burned out before I actually finish the game.

Not to my knowledge. You’ll get some interview logs and emails that flesh out the world a bit but you can come back and do them after. Or just google it. Definitely no reason to burn out

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Zarikov posted:

Trophy basically. Otherwise nah.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The only one you might want to finish beforehand is the pizza one, but it doesn't change anything and is more flavour stuff for one of the characters.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
5 starring gets you more chiral bandwidth, right?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Zarikov posted:

I'd recommend doing all the Pizza quests, but otherwise nah

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Steve Yun posted:

5 starring gets you more chiral bandwidth, right?

Yeah along with more materials and gifts.

Also colors for customization, holograms, improved equipment sometimes, etc.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Oh yeah, getting five stars with the Evo Devo lady gets you some good poo poo to use in the remainder of the game.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRqxgbuJ_DA

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I feel like I will never "get" Mega64, but also, that's okay.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yeah, some of the better 5-star gifts are either high-density materials that take up less space or lightweight materials. If I remember correctly you don't receive "tokens of appreciation" like that unless they are at 5 stars but I could be wrong. 5 stars also gives you the option to rest inside prepper shelters.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Gripweed posted:

Oh yeah, getting five stars with the Evo Devo lady gets you some good poo poo to use in the remainder of the game.
I laughed hard four-starring the evo-devo biologist because any pretense of this being a game that focuses less on violence - how Kojima roped Lindsay Wagner in when she was apprehensive went straight out the window

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ruffian Price posted:

I laughed hard four-starring the evo-devo biologist because any pretense of this being a game that focuses less on violence - how Kojima roped Lindsay Wagner in when she was apprehensive went straight out the window

This was kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation I think.

Late game spoilers: I was really surprised the game had boss fights at all, and even more surprised that the late game had you kicking the poo poo out of Higgs or dealing with human enemies armed with lethal weapons or that you could use lethal weapons yourself. The old Metal Gear-style gameplay and violence feels like it was either something Kojima included to ease his longtime fans into this game or maybe it was demanded by Sony so they didn't have a AAA game with zero combat in it. As it stands I never used a lethal weapon on a human enemy, but it does still feel like the game tried to have it both ways by explicitly repudiating violence while nevertheless making it available to the player in the open world or even forcing the player into it during the Higgs and Unger boss fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I think punishing you mechanically for killing is a stronger message than just not including it or not allowing it