Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Screaming Idiot posted:

Anyone else on PS4 noting a lot of framerate issues since the patch?

Yes.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm considering a reinstall to see if that fixes any of the frequent stuttering I've been getting. Also considering turning down other players particle effects. Watching things like kuva guardians turn into stop motion models from their frameloss is quite a sight.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Yeah, that kind of thing is not okay for consoles. For PC, sure, you can patch as much as you want, but for consoles the certification process is extremely limiting which means fewer patches in the same amount of time, but the specs of each console don't change so they should have smoothed the issue out.

As much as I love this patch, I would have been happier waiting another week or so to make sure the framerate and other issues were fixed first. That's why I stopped gaming on the PC, dagnabbit.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I can customize my weapon colours?! :eyepop: :toot:

Supersoaker Prime

Tacky-o

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

And your frame colors, and your companion colors, and your accessories' colors, and your syandana's colors, and your ship's colors, and [spoilers go here]

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hey anyone on switch, Corrosive Projection is back on Nightwave offerings, if you were waiting.

FunkyFjord posted:

And your frame colors, and your companion colors, and your accessories' colors, and your syandana's colors, and your ship's colors, and [spoilers go here]

Creating just the right color scheme for each frame is an important part of the game. I wish color palettes were cheaper though, there's a couple I still want but it would be literally :10bux: lol. (Dawn and Grayscale.)

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 25, 2019

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Raptor1033 posted:

I'm considering a reinstall to see if that fixes any of the frequent stuttering I've been getting. Also considering turning down other players particle effects. Watching things like kuva guardians turn into stop motion models from their frameloss is quite a sight.

Turn GPU particles off totally.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Agents are GO! posted:

Hey anyone on switch, Corrosive Projection is back on Nightwave offerings, if you were waiting.

Creating just the right color scheme for each frame is an important part of the game. I wish color palettes were cheaper though, there's a couple I still want but it would be literally :10bux: lol. (Dawn and Grayscale.)

It's cool that there are frequently palettes that you can buy for a single credit from the store for special occasions, though.

I think the one for the anniversary should still be in the store, if anyone's not got it.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's cool that there are frequently palettes that you can buy for a single credit from the store for special occasions, though.

I think the one for the anniversary should still be in the store, if anyone's not got it.

It's call the PSIV one right?

What are the step to have a vampire cat? They are in the game with the last update right?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I can customize my weapon colours?! :eyepop: :toot:

Supersoaker Prime

Tacky-o

If your weapons don't look like Nerf guns and your 'frames don't look like Chinese knockoff Power Rangers and Robot Masters, you're playing Warframe wrong.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

If your weapons don't look like Nerf guns and your 'frames don't look like Chinese knockoff Power Rangers and Robot Masters, you're playing Warframe wrong.

Yeah, I just decked out my frame with a very similar colour scheme because I cannot for the life of me think of a better option.

And while dressed as a nuclear popsicle, I finished Saya's quest and then beat the poo poo out of that jerk guarding the Venus relay! :toot:

I also accidentally spoiled what I get after The War Within and am looking forward to that VERY much!

Edit: are there any flamethrower weapons or anything that shoots liquid? I figure if my gun looks like a Supersoaker, well...

EDIT 2: Silly question, but is there any christmas-themed stuff? Or do I need to just colour everything specifically for that?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 26, 2019

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

They will probably put out some free Christmas stuff in the in-game market soon.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

They will probably put out some free Christmas stuff in the in-game market soon.

Amazing.

I love this game.

EDIT: Sorry if I'm annoying with all of the questions, but what's the main point of the dojo, aside from looking fantastic? I've only been in there once, but I heard that I can get a frame from just being a member of The Solar Whales?

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Nov 26, 2019

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

There are four labs off the main room that you can copy blueprints from to build some of the better gear in the game. Other stuff, but that's the main thing.

Take an immediate left to see the tenno lab where you can get several frame blueprints.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

There are four labs off the main room that you can copy blueprints from to build some of the better gear in the game. Other stuff, but that's the main thing.

Take an immediate left to see the tenno lab where you can get several frame blueprints.

Excellent, thanks!

I have a few blueprints right now (two are archwing related, but I'm not there yet), and I'm currently just trying to find the resources; I want that Burston :argh: More blueprints are always welcome!

Also, how can I contribute to the clan? I don't just want to take, it's the season for giving! Is there even anything a low-level player like me can give that's worth anything?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

You can donate resources to some of the blueprints that are still being researched in the dojo, but you're better off just waiting until you can farm resources more easily, I think.

You can also decorate the dojo.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You can also decorate the dojo.

I assume I need special permission for this? Not looking to do it yet, but maybe eventually.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sorry for the double post.... but last night, I used a potato/catalyst on my MK1-Braton (I'm still MR1, slowly making my way across Venus), thinking 'this will allow more mods for my primary weapon slot!'.... but.... that's not true, is it? It only adds more mod capacity for that specific gun, right?

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Sorry for the double post.... but last night, I used a potato/catalyst on my MK1-Braton (I'm still MR1, slowly making my way across Venus), thinking 'this will allow more mods for my primary weapon slot!'.... but.... that's not true, is it? It only adds more mod capacity for that specific gun, right?

Yeah, it's only for that weapon. Starting out you're usually better off potatoing a few key weapons like the Hek at MR4 or the Atomos at MR5 since they'll last you a good long while through the starchart.

If you message support and explain the misunderstanding, they may refund you the potato. Warframe's support team is amazing, they're always worth talking to.

If you really like a weapon, potato it - it's the single largest bump in power you can add to something. As your mods go up in level, you'll need to start formaing some of those weapons to make space for them. I tend to level up mods in even units - get them all up to level 4, then level 6, then level 8, etc., with a few key exceptions that may get a bigger bump (like a level 6 Vitality or Serration is a good thing to have early). Even is good because polarized slots round up, so a level 5 and level 6 mod in a polarized slot cost the same amount of mod points.

I usually wait on Primes before potatoing frames, though there are exceptions: frames that don't have primes and vaulted frames that are expensive on the market but which are favorites of mine (Nekros for eg).

v1ld fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 28, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The Mk1 weapons are very low power, build the non-Mk1 variants as soon as you can. The base Braton is a nice early game rifle for eg.

You'll eventually want to level up the Mk1 weapons too for the Mastery Rank they give, but it's a lot easier to do this later in the game when you have many ways of taking a weapon from 1-30 in very little time without using them. So use some decent weapons early on if you can.

One commonly suggested progression for your primary is Braton (MR 1), Strun (MR 2), Hek (MR 4). Fully leveled, the Hek can take you into the endgame.

The Atomos at MR5 is a great secondary, maybe the first of the chaining beam weapons you can access.

Melee is very OP after this last rebalance, so use whatever you like. Having a stance mod makes a big difference to how many melee mods you can fit in and the combos you can use, so you may want to use weapons of classes you have stances for - though stances are sometimes harder to get than they should be.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thank you both for the info! Greatly appreciated!

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Reactor invasion is up on PS4 right now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Holy poo poo I love loving around in this game.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

You're already doing it right.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

You're already doing it right.

I don't think I'll ever be able to play this with a serious looking paint job; to me, 90s rainbow of death is canon.

Kind of like how I made my first Cmdr Shepard look a lot like Tim Russ (Tuvok from ST: Voyager) and the voice just worked so well, I couldn't go with anything else during any other (male Shep) playthroughs. I assume this happens to everyone, though.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

v1ld posted:

The Atomos at MR5 is a great secondary, maybe the first of the chaining beam weapons you can access.

I just found out about the Atomos. I can't wait until The Old Blood hits Switch, 'cause I go Ember and haven't used her because of the big rework she's getting, but I've got Ignis cooking for her, and now I've got to go get Atomos cooking because I'm gonna spec her out to burn the solar system.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

New Wave Jose posted:

It's call the PSIV one right?

What are the step to have a vampire cat? They are in the game with the last update right?

Yeah, that's it. (I mean, for the PS4 at least, it's a different palette for different platforms). I know there's another for Halloween, and there's ones for Valentines and St. Patrick's Day (although I've not personally seen those two myself). Plus a bunch of moustaches available right now.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Is there any way, on Switch specifically, to always start in clan chat? Usually, when I boot up the game, I'm already in the thankfully fairly quiet Solar Whales chat, but once every maybe 4-5 boot ups, I'll be in pubbie chat by default and I hate it.

I know it's fairly quick to switch back to clan chat, but I'd love to just never have to bother ever again. Is that possible?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

There's nothing wrong with Pubbie chat on switch, and there's never anyone on besides you and me lately. :smith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Did anyone else just get two notifications from the Warframe app, saying that Lotus just gifted you stuff? I can't remember what it was, because it cleared when I went into the app, and now I can't find out until I get home, I guess.

EDIT: nm, there's a news report about it from DE Helen. Vauban Prime and Ash Prime blueprints will be available in Alerts from 2pm EST today until 2pm EST Monday, Dec 2nd.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 29, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

You can disable pub chat from options. I disabled it on both platforms. Switch clan chat was pretty quiet from the get go, most discussion and even team up happened in the discord. There was a time when we would have 10+ people on at a time, but I guess not any more these days. I see 1-4 on a rare login.

If you like Atomos, keep an eye peeled for Amprex, Ignis Wraith and Phantasma. They're all fantastic beam weapons. They're extra useful on Switch where controller aiming is harder than mouse. I used the Amprex a lot on Switch including well into endgame content like arbies or that one hour Kuva Survival.

Fulmin at MR8 is another monster weapon, along with Arca Plasmor at MR10. Both of them fire a wide pellet that is more forgiving of your aim.

I've been using Fulmin heavily in my PC playthrough because it has two fire modes, both of which can be useful in the same mission. I dumped 3 forma into it as soon as I could build it. No regrets.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I just got to Fortuna, and ho-lee gently caress. :stare: :swoon:

My colours fit right in!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

I just got to Fortuna, and ho-lee gently caress. :stare: :swoon:

My colours fit right in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7uMDdzv408

Fortuna radiates a powerful 80's energy that sustains me

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VuYCLelIO8

The Excalibur face-slamming into the wall is me, all the time and forever.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Fuckin' finally.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

If you're wondering about how to build your primaries and secondaries, look up Leyzar's YouTube channel. He goes over individual weapons and makes builds that use common mods. He goes over the basics in each video so you can learn a lot about how to mod for yourself by watching a few of them.

Sapmatic is another very good YouTube channel, especially recommended for when you start doing Eidolons or Profit-Taker. But definitely more advanced, mid and late game advice than Leyzar.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Screaming Idiot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7uMDdzv408

Fortuna radiates a powerful 80's energy that sustains me

Warframe is literally power rangers by the way.

The queens were Rita repulsa, and now that they’ve been owned, space grandma is coming to serve as the big red guy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I absolutely love the fact that I have an app on my phone that allows me to order things to start being forged, and I can even check on their progress :3:

If this app tapped into the market, mod system, or even allowed loadout or colour customizations, well... that'd be perfect.

I'd love for it to be more of an extension of the game.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Irritated that I need to farm like six argon crystals for the things I want to build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hold up... I get a motherfucking hoverboard?!?! :eyepop: :krad: