Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Is there some reason male avatars can't wear Dipped Hipster glasses? I would gladly fork over my hard-earned money for those or the browline-style glasses that Tao Cheng's translator wears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
Oh yeah, so this happened.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Are you driving a primo?? Thanks for showing it some respect I like that car.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Cage posted:

Agreed, primo bennys car is almost my favorite bennys. The glass window in the hood is awesome. The fully upgraded hydraulics are great on that car as well

I think my favorite will always be the Monte Carlo/Grand national. Don’t or not, either/or

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Cage posted:

namlosh posted:

Agreed, primo bennys car is almost my favorite bennys. The glass window in the hood is awesome. The fully upgraded hydraulics are great on that car as well

I think my favorite will always be the Monte Carlo/Grand national. Don’t or not, either/or

Yes! I'm happy you guys noticed the Primo I was driving. It is not a Benny's special though because I didn't want to make it a lowrider. The garage at my heist apartment is Albany vehicles only. Emperor, Cavalcade(classic GTAIV Cavalcade not the newer one), Primo and the Roosevelt Valor because I'm a huge Cadillac whore. I don't have any other Albany vehicles right now because I don't particularly enjoy the Manaňa and the Buccaneer isn't a true Albany vehicle to me.

I know I'm forgetting one or two because it's hard to keep track of all the vehicles in this game now(even for me) and I've stopped playing now that birdman has hit rank 800. Birdgirl is level 244 so I have over 1000 combined ranks in this dumb bad dead gay game. That's way more than I ever dreamed I would achieve when I started this nonsense on the PS3 but it has been an enormous amount of fun with goons over the years and I have so many memories playing with you guys that I will cherish for years to come.

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 27, 2019

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

my favorite thing is freaking out seeing someone following me on my vehicle sell mission, only to realize it's a goon watching my back. :unsmith:

then right after I finish the sale they kill me for my 10k bounty :getin:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

strangely, due to the way the RP amount for each level increases each time, rank 800 is only about 71% of rank 1000.

(1000 is 47,551,850 RP)

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

strangely, due to the way the RP amount for each level increases each time, rank 800 is only about 71% of rank 1000.

(1000 is 47,551,850 RP)

Yeah, it's a slog. By the time you get to rank 800, each rank takes over 63k RP to get to the next level. There's no way birdman will ever get to rank 1000.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't know how to level quickly because every match I do is really low population and I don't seem to be able to do heists yet?

Like it's not even an option to join someone else's. Hell, I even have a really swanky penthouse.

There's got to be something I'm missing.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Inzombiac posted:

I don't know how to level quickly because every match I do is really low population and I don't seem to be able to do heists yet?

Like it's not even an option to join someone else's. Hell, I even have a really swanky penthouse.

If you have the high end apartment with the whiteboard room and are level 12 you definitely should be able to start a heist.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Inzombiac posted:

What level are you? I think you have to go see Lester’s “L” on the map before you can start them/join. From what I’ve heard, try to do all of the intro stuff even though it’s dumb... the game glitches if you don’t complete it.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

If you want to level quickly start with the action figures and playing cards. Plenty of youtube videos will show you where they are and you can grind out some serious levels that way. It'll be good RP and you'll also learn a lot about the map of Los Santos too.

From there you just check the Rockstar Newswire to see what the double or triple RP activity du jour is for that week and hope it doesn't suck. Arena wars is dead and I have personally never done Motor Wars which I think was the one from last week. It's apparently Rockstar's half-baked implementation of the Battle Royale format but I'm sure it's dead too. Most of the adversary modes are ghost towns unfortunately so it will be difficult to grind out levels with those.

I myself used to grind contact missions for money and RP but I wouldn't recommend that unless contact missions have bonus RP or you have a serious case of the brainworms (like myself). Heists can get you some RP but those take time and a competent crew to complete which is difficult to satisfy those prerequisites.

Good luck!

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Another good amount of RP can be had running crates... I leveled up my second character by grabbing a crate, then selling it.

Was kind of fun actually, since it wasn’t as high stress as selling a full warehouse

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

namlosh posted:

What level are you? I think you have to go see Lester’s “L” on the map before you can start them/join. From what I’ve heard, try to do all of the intro stuff even though it’s dumb... the game glitches if you don’t complete it.

Level 30, I think.
I guess I should go hit as many icons as I can. I'm getting REALLY sick of the eight calls I get every time I open up the game.

Tony? TONY? Shut the gently caress up about the nightclub. Look at me, I cannot afford it!

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

namlosh posted:

Another good amount of RP can be had running crates... I leveled up my second character by grabbing a crate, then selling it.

Was kind of fun actually, since it wasn’t as high stress as selling a full warehouse

Yeah you can get RP doing that but I don't generally recommend crate touching myself. Unless you really have the brainworms of course then go for it.

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 28, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

coupedeville posted:

Yeah you can get RP doing that but I don't generally recommend crate touching myself. Unless you really have the brainworms of course then go for it.

This.

If Peyote comes back, it refreshes every 24 hours and is worth 5k a pop.

You play on Console or PC? If you're on PC we have a good group available for heists and things.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

coupedeville posted:

Buccaneer isn't a true Albany vehicle to me.

Hey fucc you coupe

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

the baby blue one has a matte finish you can't buy at LSC. looks real good with a Bennys orange flame job onto it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
So in addition to a bunch of stuff being on sale looks like night club sales are 2x for seemingly the first time ever. I realized this when I switched sessions last night because a dude was camping outside my LSIA nightclub so I switched sessions and then saw my little 250k in warehouse product was suddenly 500k.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

titties posted:

Hey fucc you coupe

Are you free saturday night dread? :biglips:

Seriously though, I don't have any problems with the Buccaneer itself, I just take umbrage with it being grouped as an Albany. Albany cars are usually all Cadillacs and the Buccaneer is certainly not that.

Also there's this little tidbit from GTAWiki on the Buccaneer:

quote:

Oddly, despite being manufactured by Albany, the steering wheel bears a Declasse emblem.
Even the Rockstar vehicle designers had it as a Declasse, which is where it should be in my opinion.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Wow $3M for a full niteclub. What a payday!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Sleekly posted:

Wow $3M for a full niteclub. What a payday!

Aye caramba, what do you do for that? I was just browsing nightclubs, I can pretty comfortably afford one...

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Inspector Hound posted:

Aye caramba, what do you do for that? I was just browsing nightclubs, I can pretty comfortably afford one...

Nightclubs are good if you already have drug businesses, a bunker for gunrunning, and something else. Crates I think? If you have those, you can set your nightclub to make bonus goods.

You COULD have those businesses, but not have them running, and your nightclub will still make the bonus goods. If you go that route, Meth, Coke, Counterfeit Cash, Gunrunning, and (I think) Crates are what you want your 5 technicians set to. But no harm in running them as well. I just think running businesses is terribly grindy and boring and many require help and depend on people (like me) not loving with you for fun in public sessions.

Personally, I just run The Bogdan Problem and glitch the ending so it's repeatable, but still pays out. It's worth about 1.2mil per 15 minute run and requires 2 people. Most randoms will happily do it with you for the lowest possible cut of 15%. It takes a little bit of money and effort to get to it. It's the finale for Act II of the Doomsday heists. But I'd be willing to help any goon out on PC in getting a little starting cash. Check out our Discord.

Seriously, lot of good goons there and we'd love to run some fun games with new people.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Logged in for the first time in a bit.

Can't join the clan because it says my account is invalid and my bank account is completely empty.

Cool.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

For anyone who's planning to buy a discounted Cargobob this week, get the Jetsam version. It has quieter rotor blades and a longer hook that makes vehicle source missions a little easier.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Is it a particular shade of blue that isn't available? Because matte paint is definitely available.

Not that I'd be surprised.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
yes, it's a light blue that's not available in matte

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

Maxed out niteclub warehouse is usually 1.5M. good money for doing nothing anyway u slice it! the best abosulute best thing about it though is never ever never having to deal with LJT at all (unless its to hang up on him)

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

sometimes i imagine LJT actually working for a gang and how hed be dead like 6 mins into the job and it makes me smile.

lets move coke with dump trucks
lets drive meth in postal vans

god i hate him

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Cross-posting from the crew thread.

tl;dr

FallinInTheBlak posted:

We need a PC commissioner, it was always the goal to have someone as a rep for each platform

If you have PMs send me a recommendation of who you'd like to be the PC rep, or if you don't quote this and :justpost: instead

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Zesty posted:

Nightclubs are good if you already have drug businesses, a bunker for gunrunning, and something else. Crates I think? If you have those, you can set your nightclub to make bonus goods.

You COULD have those businesses, but not have them running, and your nightclub will still make the bonus goods. If you go that route, Meth, Coke, Counterfeit Cash, Gunrunning, and (I think) Crates are what you want your 5 technicians set to. But no harm in running them as well. I just think running businesses is terribly grindy and boring and many require help and depend on people (like me) not loving with you for fun in public sessions.

Personally, I just run The Bogdan Problem and glitch the ending so it's repeatable, but still pays out. It's worth about 1.2mil per 15 minute run and requires 2 people. Most randoms will happily do it with you for the lowest possible cut of 15%. It takes a little bit of money and effort to get to it. It's the finale for Act II of the Doomsday heists. But I'd be willing to help any goon out on PC in getting a little starting cash. Check out our Discord.

Seriously, lot of good goons there and we'd love to run some fun games with new people.

Small clarification note.. if you go to the MC businesses and "shut them down" then they will NOT produce goods in the nightclub. They have to be operational, but they can just sit with 0 supplies and 0 product

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Also the second you are done with MC businesses disband your MC. Do not stay an MC president with every business and idle for awhile and then come back several hundred thousand poorer due to obscene utility bills.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Small clarification note.. if you go to the MC businesses and "shut them down" then they will NOT produce goods in the nightclub. They have to be operational, but they can just sit with 0 supplies and 0 product

and enjoy LJTs incessant calls. Ugh.

Never buy drug businesses. Get all your money from Daddy Bogdan.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Cross posting from the crew thread once again:

tl;dr

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I've seen all the responses to my post and gotten a fair amount of PMs as well, and the votes are now in!

Congratulations to our new and highly recommended PC overlords: busp4ss and coupedeville!

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Cross posting from the crew thread once again:

tl;dr

Hoooray for coupe and buspass

Le roi est mort... vive le roi

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I’m gonna steal so many SC ids and murder people in they sleepCool. Let’s go do some crimes

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

crossposting from the LLJK thread:

coupedeville posted:

So here is an official post from me as a new Commissioner of the crew. I have taken the executive action of clearing 6 players from the LLJK ranks. I tried to look at all possible sources of information to confirm (to the best of my abilities) that they are inactive. Here are the players who have been kicked.

PenExpers
SA_Fenom
drkarmicknight
roymorrison3505
MrTomnus89
Qres80

If you are one of these goons and are still active and don't appreciate being culled from the crew then all you have to do is post and I will address your concerns. If you play with these goons and they are still active then inform them of this post and we can take care of this matter. I will also be cross-posting this in the GTA thread and also in the Red Dead 2 thread to cast a wide net as some of us are also now playing the new rootin' tootin' cowboy shooter and may not be active in GTA anymore.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Tough but fair

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zesty posted:

and enjoy LJTs incessant calls. Ugh.

Never buy drug businesses. Get all your money from Daddy Bogdan.

Wanna thank Zesty for helping me snag a couple million the other day.
Daddy Bogdan may be a little tedious but he pays well for minimal effort.

Not sure when I'll have time to play again (hopefully today) but I'd like to knock out a couple hours of 50/50 splits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
So my friend told me that a Cops & Crooks mode is coming to GTAO finally? He's not smoking crack is he?