Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sometimes I think my life would've been better if I lacked any self-awareness.

Movie Bob might be happy with his no self awareness life - but it does mean he is sentenced to a lifetime of being Movie Bob without hope of improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Baby Yoda on the Mandolorian is almost a “Clooney on ER” type situation.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i liked @cushbomb take that all film criticism now is a bunch of giant babies whining about how films need to be nice baby friendly products for them, the giant babies

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Serf posted:

black widow has florence pugh? okay fine i guess i'll watch it. also that david harbour character appears to be the baby yoda in terms of fan reaction so far so lol for many reasons

florence pugh's nose has more charisma than scarjo. still, i have no interest in a movie that should have been made years ago.

gh0stpinballa posted:

i liked @cushbomb take that all film criticism now is a bunch of giant babies whining about how films need to be nice baby friendly products for them, the giant babies

as a black woman, i can understand wanting more respectful and empowering media for marginalized groups, but I would take ten ninja scrolls and its genuinely problematic treatment of its female lead over the hamfisted ~GIRL POWER~ scene in avengers: endgame.

Equeen has issued a correction as of 18:13 on Dec 3, 2019

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hot take but I think if you have seen any other marvel movie and DON'T go see the Black Widow movie then the chuds have won and you have betrayed the base of the democratic party.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's funny how, I think, almost every positive representational move Marvel makes they tie that character to some part of the Military Industrial Complex

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
hello i posted this in the trump thread and i'm sure there's zero people who read this thread but not that one

i saw fury road getting so many #1 of the decades and tried to make my own list and guess what the correct answer is fury road

https://medium.com/@originalscrub/best-media-of-the-2010s-1ad7e10a9e0c

Serf
May 5, 2011

Equeen posted:

florence pugh's nose has more charisma than scarjo. still, i have no interest in a movie that should have been made years ago.

yeah i don't necessarily dislike johannson as an actor (as a person she seems lovely) but lol at watching her act next to pugh even in a dumb blockbuster

also how much longer can we expect the soviet union to figure into these backstories? its getting hard to believe that these characters are old enough to have meaningfully experienced the ussr

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Hot take but I think if you have seen any other marvel movie and DON'T go see the Black Widow movie then the chuds have won and you have betrayed the base of the democratic party.

just realised im going to read probably thousands of posts comparing the relative wokeness of liking a spy movie vs a movie with a woman in it for the next year

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

*cough* Jabba *cough*

It's kinda hosed up that a sex-slave costume became a sex symbol.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScrubLeague posted:

hello i posted this in the trump thread and i'm sure there's zero people who read this thread but not that one

i saw fury road getting so many #1 of the decades and tried to make my own list and guess what the correct answer is fury road

https://medium.com/@originalscrub/best-media-of-the-2010s-1ad7e10a9e0c

I saw most of these movies and the only ones that were even good were Get Out, Mad Max, The Big Short, and Midsommer

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

It's funny how, I think, almost every positive representational move Marvel makes they tie that character to some part of the Military Industrial Complex

Marvel is a postwar product, that's what it's for. If Marvel stopped being optimistic about government and industry and technology, it wouldn't be Marvel anymore.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Dog posted:

Marvel is a postwar product, that's what it's for. If Marvel stopped being optimistic about government and industry and technology, it wouldn't be Marvel anymore.

Sounds like something I can just turn my brain off and enjoy

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

MrFlibble posted:

Movie Bob might be happy with his no self awareness life - but it does mean he is sentenced to a lifetime of being Movie Bob without hope of improvement.

Is it really such a curse to be Movie Bob and have no shame? That's like pitying a dog because it doesn't know how uncouth it is to lick his balls in front of company.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Serf posted:

yeah i don't necessarily dislike johannson as an actor (as a person she seems lovely) but lol at watching her act next to pugh even in a dumb blockbuster

also how much longer can we expect the soviet union to figure into these backstories? its getting hard to believe that these characters are old enough to have meaningfully experienced the ussr

they're old enough to have "fled the Soviet Union" when they were developing object permanence

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the best movie of the decade was HyperNormalization, followed by spider man enter the spidervers

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they're old enough to have "fled the Soviet Union" when they were developing object permanence

but they didn't. they worked for the soviets. pugh is 23 years old, and its been what, 21 years since the ussr fell? she's also 12 years younger than johannsen

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Is it really such a curse to be Movie Bob and have no shame? That's like pitying a dog because it doesn't know how uncouth it is to lick his balls in front of company.

All I know is that I would not choose it myself. Even knowing I would not have to look upon myself.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Serf posted:

but they didn't. they worked for the soviets. pugh is 23 years old, and its been what, 21 years since the ussr fell?

More like 28 years:corsair:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Aren't most of the main MCU characters supposed to be in their 40s and 90s or something?

animist
Aug 28, 2018
https://twitter.com/jatovia/status/1200780673948246018

:thunk:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Black Widow will not even be close to the worst film I've seen in theaters that I've seen and enjoyed ScarJo in (because my friend thought The Spirit would be a good idea back when we were teens).

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

teens discover pink floyd

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

KiteAuraan posted:

Aren't most of the main MCU characters supposed to be in their 40s and 90s or something?

that's part of the fun of serialized characters that can't ever meaningfully age or change! now batman was "born" in like the early 80s and his parents were shot outside a movie theater in 1994 (in order to keep the relative age of all the characters coherent).

gently caress apparently marge and homer went to high school in the 90s now, poo poo's all hosed up

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like it since it gives the fans anxiety and vexes them at all times

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

just realised im going to read probably thousands of posts comparing the relative wokeness of liking a spy movie vs a movie with a woman in it for the next year

which movie is more woke

wonder woman 84 or black widow

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Freaking Crumbum posted:

that's part of the fun of serialized characters that can't ever meaningfully age or change! now batman was "born" in like the early 80s and his parents were shot outside a movie theater in 1994 (in order to keep the relative age of all the characters coherent).

gently caress apparently marge and homer went to high school in the 90s now, poo poo's all hosed up

MARIO IS ONLY 24 YEARS OLD, CREATOR SHIGERU MIYAMOTO SAYS IN UNEARTHED INTERVIEW

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

im not sure whos in the trump thread since i never go in there but i was under the impression that trump thread posters and rest of cspam posters were for the most part non overlapping groups

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Mario shits & pisses in overalls, uses built in warp pipe to send turds and urine directly to blue brick pit.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

aaaand i'm over it

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1201992855163551744

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Keep thinking about the Wonder Woman movie but the island gets attacked by the Royal Navy so she fights for the Ottomans instead.

16 year old Australian dying of five different trench diseases: "crikey!" (is decapitated with a broadsword)
Diana Gadot: "This is what happens when you abandon the divine right of absolute monarchy, degenerate Anglo."

Churchill is Ares

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the twist ending to wonder woman was really goofy like they didnt want ares to be someone obvious so they just arbitrarily picked the dude whose only motivation was that he was trying to negotiate an end to the war retconning the inconsistency by just saying humans suck so much he knew it wouldnt work

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Some Guy TT posted:

the twist ending to wonder woman was really goofy like they didnt want ares to be someone obvious so they just arbitrarily picked the dude whose only motivation was that he was trying to negotiate an end to the war retconning the inconsistency by just saying humans suck so much he knew it wouldnt work

The real twist ending is that Wonder Woman created Israel

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Like Aquaman, Wonder Woman is about a naive outsider being used by more savvy operators because they're easily manipulated and incredibly good at killing people.

I doubt her story has her going on a Ted Kaczynski rampage across America in 1945 because she has strong opinions about superweapons being used on civilians.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

gh0stpinballa posted:

all media will be YA by 2030

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The minions worked on the Manhatten Project in WWII. They had nothing to do the Holocaust because they'd already invented concentration camps for the British Empire and won't do the same job twice.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Kind of obscure lore, but what Napoleon did to Haiti was minions related.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Skellybones posted:

Kind of obscure lore, but what Napoleon did to Haiti was minions related.

Something else they have in common with the Clinton Foundation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

MizPiz posted:

The real twist ending is that Wonder Woman created Israel

this is why she sat out of WW2