Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Are there probably going to be more deals on cyb3r Monday? I really love UsenetServer but it I could get my $10 a month down to $3 that would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Any speed comparing between NewsgroupNinja, NewsDemon, and Thunder News? Thinking of switching off Ninja to one of the better deals.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

KingKapalone posted:

Any speed comparing between NewsgroupNinja, NewsDemon, and Thunder News? Thinking of switching off Ninja to one of the better deals.

I just got on NewsDemon today and am doing a solid 100MB/s (1Gbit verizon fios) consistently.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Sweet I have gigabit too

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Are there probably going to be more deals on cyb3r Monday? I really love UsenetServer but it I could get my $10 a month down to $3 that would be awesome.

I hopped on newsDemons $19/9 months today and am happy so far (I'm in the US if that matters)

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
nzb360, the Android app that allows you to manage Sonarr/Radarr/etc. remotely from your phone, is on sale for 30% off ($5.49). You have to make your stuff accessible externally (I just VPN in to my home network), but it's really nice being able to just fire up one app and see what's been grabbed recently, add a show, etc.

Pro is an in app purchase from the free app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevinforeman.nzb360

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

BeastOfExmoor posted:

nzb360, the Android app that allows you to manage Sonarr/Radarr/etc. remotely from your phone, is on sale for 30% off ($5.49). You have to make your stuff accessible externally (I just VPN in to my home network), but it's really nice being able to just fire up one app and see what's been grabbed recently, add a show, etc.

This app is awesome

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

BeastOfExmoor posted:

nzb360 ... is on sale for 30% off ($5.49). ...

Worth every penny at full price.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Guess I need to use my Google survey money on something. This gets to be it.

edit: got the 4TB for $19 block from NewsDemon. Don't think I'll use 444GB on average each month.

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 30, 2019

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

cr0y posted:

Fun fact: If you have a super fast internet connection and use direct download in sabnzbd and are using an external USB drive sabnzbds cache will fill up and your speed will go to poo poo because the entire thing can't keep up due to the additional disk access direct unpack causes. You can probably remedy this by having your incomplete folder on an SSD but I don't have the space on my little intel NUC i am using for my home theater setup :(

Turn off direct unpack?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Heners_UK posted:

Worth every penny at full price.

I wish it were a full purchase in the store so it could be shared by my wife

Violator
May 15, 2003

Is there an automated way to search and be notified for specific search queries? Like CouchPotato is for movies or Sonarr is for TV, I want to be able to automate my searches for random crap that doesn't fit into popular categories and that may not even exist. For example:

"art bell bob lazar mp3"
"pc.gamer november 1998"

It might be old radio shows, it might be old magazines, etc. Just random niche content. I would love to be able to define these search terms, have it search once a day or once a week or something, and then receive a notification via email if it finds something new that fits certain criteria (ie, larger than 1mb, etc.). Then I could go look at it to see if it's worth downloading or if it's crap.

I have a small list of stuff like this that I check every once in a blue moon and it would be nice if it could be automated. It's stuff that might not even exist or would pop up completely randomly if it does so I don't keep an eye on it very much.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

norp posted:

Turn off direct unpack?

Ya that's the obvious answer for me it just took a ton of digging to figure out what was going on.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

norp posted:

I wish it were a full purchase in the store so it could be shared by my wife

It's not the same, but Ombi is a good way for family to request things

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
I was logging in to all my block accounts to try to figure out how much I had remaining in each of them and I noticed that I paid $20 for 500GB block in 2013 and $8 for a 400GB block in 2017. Crazy to see how much prices have dropped on block accounts over the years.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I was logging in to all my block accounts to try to figure out how much I had remaining in each of them and I noticed that I paid $20 for 500GB block in 2013 and $8 for a 400GB block in 2017. Crazy to see how much prices have dropped on block accounts over the years.

I just added 4TB in block yesterday for $20

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I paid Blocknews $7 for 100gb in 2011 to use as a backup and I still haven't burned through it.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Newsdemon sent me an email that was blank instead of a username/PW, and the password recovery e-mails are all blank too, and I'll bet they won't answer a ticket over the weekend. :sigh:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Every time I get a hair across my rear end to automate ebook downloads and think to try LazyLibrarian I remember how loving awful that software is.

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.

Matt Zerella posted:

Every time I get a hair across my rear end to automate ebook downloads and think to try LazyLibrarian I remember how loving awful that software is.

it’s SO bad. i tried to use it recently, and i already use calibre heavily and everything and just: no :(

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
If I've got x265\HEVC as 1 and x264 as -1 globally, why is Sonarr grabbing x264 releases of the same quality after it grabs an HEVC?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Jowj posted:

it’s SO bad. i tried to use it recently, and i already use calibre heavily and everything and just: no :(

Nothing about it makes sense. I tried adding Magazines and I can't figure out how to do that either.

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

Irritated Goat posted:

If I've got x265\HEVC as 1 and x264 as -1 globally, why is Sonarr grabbing x264 releases of the same quality after it grabs an HEVC?

Go to interactive search for that episode and see what the preferred score is for each entry, compare back to your rules and the file it grabbed, that should be the place to start looking. It should be grabbing the one with highest preferred score. After that turn on debug logging and you have to wade through some logs looking for its reasoning.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Decairn posted:

Go to interactive search for that episode and see what the preferred score is for each entry, compare back to your rules and the file it grabbed, that should be the place to start looking. It should be grabbing the one with highest preferred score. After that turn on debug logging and you have to wade through some logs looking for its reasoning.

I see why now. It has Web as a higher quality than HDTV and does upgrades based on that. I guess the real question is do I just delay it 12 hours to prevent it from downloading 3 copies of the same release or just continue not giving a poo poo when I've been hitting my bandwidth cap lately.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

You can make yourself a new custom category with the hvec keyword and rank it higher than your other categories

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I've got a similar sonarr issue. Getting quality upgrades (eg. from 1080p to 2160p) works as I would want - there's the 'Upgrade Until' dropdown that lets me set the point that it stops looking, so it just upgrades until I'm satisfied.

However, I've been using release profiles (which are fantastic and help me prefer/avoid certain groups and formats), and I'm finding that if one of these preferred formats/groups pops up later, they are replacing what I already have. But I'm always already happy with what I already had. I don't use release profiles to upgrade, doesn't seem to be a way to turn that off.

This is more of a bug/feature request for what I am aware is beta software, so I'll put it to the project, but since you're talking about a similar idea I thought I'd check to make sure I'm not missing something.

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Nothing about it makes sense. I tried adding Magazines and I can't figure out how to do that either.

I've given it several chances myself. Finally gave up and just added the magazines I'm looking for to a custom search on Dog and have the RSS pass to sabnzbd. Kind of a kludge but it seems to work.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I'm looking to upgrade from my manual sabnzbd/slug setup to Sonarr or the like. What is everyone's preferred program for that now? Still Sonarr?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Yes, Sonarr is what you want for TV. Radarr for movies.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Thank you.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Good excuse to switch to nzbget too

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

norp posted:

Good excuse to switch to nzbget too

and nzbhydra2 while you're at it.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Why is that?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

willroc7 posted:

Why is that?

Centralised Indexer management. I resisted for quite a while (after all it was only 2-3 settings pages) but now that I have it, I love it. Even the occasional odd manual search is more satisfying.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I had to reconfigure my Unraid server this last week, and for some reason now Radarr is deleting its download history from SABnzbd. Sonarr is working like normal, and it's not really a big deal since they are still downloading and getting picked up by Plex, but it's annoying not having that history. Anyone have a clue what setting might be causing that?

e: nm I'm a dummy I must have overlooked the switch that was causing this

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Anyone got a decent setup guide for getting things to play nice together? Been slammed at work so haven't had time to sit and work on it again yet but I got my Unraid server up and running.

I got NZBGeek for searching, Sonarr and Radarr and NZBget and then Plex Media server. Later this week I'll go back and add NZBHydra and get NZBGeek (paid) and another free tracker to pipe into that.

What I'm having trouble with is figuring out the file structure / where things get saved to and when / how they are handed off between programs. For example Sonarr wants me to put in a folder when I add something I want to search for, but it wouldn't at that time let me put in the folder path that Plex would be looking at for its library.

I've managed to get some things downloaded and I can play them directly off the UnRaid drive with VLC etc, but I haven't gotten Plex to "see" the items in those folders yet. Sorry if this is disjointed, just trying to describe the problem and am not at home with access to the server to be more specific yet. If there's a better guide out there that details how the file system stuff should be set up that would be helpful and I can probably figure out the rest on my own. Otherwise I can give more detail later if nothing comes up.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

That Works posted:

What I'm having trouble with is figuring out the file structure / where things get saved to and when / how they are handed off between programs. For example Sonarr wants me to put in a folder when I add something I want to search for, but it wouldn't at that time let me put in the folder path that Plex would be looking at for its library

I don't have a full guide but I can answer this part only. I have the following shares:
  • tv
  • movies
  • downloads
  • music
  • The default ones: system, appdata, domains

There are subfolders within of course. For TV, Sonarr manages it all, and for Movies, Radarr does etc.
One thing to note is that I use the same folder mounts in every docker contailer e.g. /mnt/user/tv is /tv in each and every one of Sonarr, Radarr, NZBGet, Plex etc...

I've used it for a year and not felt the need to change it.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

Heners_UK posted:

Centralised Indexer management. I resisted for quite a while (after all it was only 2-3 settings pages) but now that I have it, I love it. Even the occasional odd manual search is more satisfying.

What if I only use one indexer?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

willroc7 posted:

What if I only use one indexer?

Usually we recommend you get a few indexers... but at this point I'd only suggest it if you want to plan for future expansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

What am I doing wrong here?

Lately my Sonarr install has been fetching obfuscated NZBs through SABnzbd, which is normal, but instead of deobfuscating the files and moving them to my sonarr directory like it used to, it deobfuscates the directory the file is extracted to but doesn't rename the actual file. Sonarr has no idea what to do with this so I keep having to go in and manually rename and copy everything.

Am I missing a setting somewhere in SAB that changes this?