Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Personally I'm getting just as much out of BL3 as I did with BL2. The minute to minute gameplay is more satisfying than ever so I don't even worry so much about the end-game because I'm enjoying just taking each character to lvl. 50 and seeing how powerful they can get. Sure, once I do that with every character I'll be done until DLC comes out but by then I'll have played the game for hundreds of hours so kinda hard to complain.

Borderlands 2 did have a better story but that's such a minor part of what I play these games for. Half the time I play with the volume low enough that the dialogue can be completely ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Kaysette posted:

the player isn't the main character in borderlands 3 and that kind of sucks. they talk a big game about the VAULT HUNTER but neuter any agency you have and completely ignore you in all pivotal scenes.

This is the real problem here. That, and unskippable cutscenes.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I played BL2 nonstop for about a year before I got bored of it, only to find myself coming back years later to play through again.

I played BL3 for about 2 weeks before I was sick of it and haven't been back since.

That's the real difference.

Is it possible the year+ of nonstop bl2 made you tired of borderlands in general? That's how it feels for me at least, having grinded bl2 as well. I'm still having fun with this, but the "magic" is dulled, like I've built up a tolerance to it

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Why don’t slam artifacts affect Amara’s slam skill? That’s dumb and really sucks.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm really glad slag was dropped as an element though, that'll make UVHM when it inevitably returns a hell of a lot less painful.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Free handsome Jack.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

NieR Occomata posted:

Why don’t slam artifacts affect Amara’s slam skill? That’s dumb and really sucks.

because that would be extremely stupid and broken

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Free handsome Jack.

I’ll take two!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Do artifacts only give you bonuses if you are sliding / slamming (depending on the artifact, obviously) or am I missing something or haven't seen any good ones yet.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Lumpy posted:

Do artifacts only give you bonuses if you are sliding / slamming (depending on the artifact, obviously) or am I missing something or haven't seen any good ones yet.

There are other action-dependent bonuses. Some give you bonuses on killing badass enemies, others on using your melee. Some bonuses/perks are on all the time like bonus to weapon damage/damage type, max health, etc.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

watho posted:

because that would be extremely stupid and broken

I mean the way it’s built now who has the time to climb on top of something, jump off, and crouch? It turns slam artifacts from niche powerful in specific cases to outright useless in all cases, considering the only reason that the slam worked in TPS was because you could do it anywhere that had lower gravity.

Also I’m more frustrated than anything because the attack is literally titled a slam and its action skill description describes it as a slam, highlighted and everything, so it is extremely misleading and you only find that slam artifacts don’t do anything if you test for it.

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm really glad slag was dropped as an element though, that'll make UVHM when it inevitably returns a hell of a lot less painful.

Ironically speaking New Maliwan weapons sort of obviate the frustration of slag mechanics, combined with weapon switch speed being much much faster here and the (godsend) fact you can “preload” weapon switches by tapping the button multiple times, but yeah.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Dec 4, 2019

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Lumpy posted:

I'm a big fan of Knife Drain artifacts, which drain health on melee

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Lumpy posted:

You're missing the good ones.

There's artifacts that increase luck, money/ammo/health, elemental damage, and attack mini-grenades on melee.

If you're really hard-up for something beyond slide/pound, you can farm the Psycho-Billies by Rogues Hollow to get an Electric Banjo. It gives every shot a chance to generate a Tesla grenade effect on an enemy.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Sex Hobbit posted:

I'm a big fan of Knife Drain artifacts, which drain health on melee

:hfive:

I just wish I had one that was past level 27.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Well I got my 100 frozen ghosts. All I had to do was stop using my main cryo weapon that also sets everything on fire if I'm playing at night, and not pick an action skill at all.

I did get a lvl 50 Ghast call though, so I guess I can stop being mad at video games.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Atmus posted:

All I had to do was stop using my main cryo weapon that also sets everything on fire if I'm playing at night,
That'd be your problem yes, the game was classing your kills as being done by fire damage and not cryo.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Managed to get an Itchy laser-sploder and an artifact that boosts radiation spread, such a fun combo for large mobs. Wish the game had less titchy and difficult to spot enemies, those snake enemies are a pain in the rear end.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Don't wanna grind for three weeks to be able to enjoy the 1% chance of getting good drops after clearing the raid on M4?

Here are some currently working exploits to help you along!

Warning! The videos are annoyingly meandering, but they do the trick

Two Fang stacking
Requirements:
- Fl4K
- Willingness to lose your money
- A gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTKuf4Y2fIA

Terror extra projectile stacking
Requirements:
- Gun with "chance to fire extra projectile when terrified" anoint
- A way to apply terror to yourself (on action skill end is easiest)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBR02C-VIFM

Brawler ward buff stacking
Requirements:
- Brawler Ward shield
- Facepuncher shotgun
- Willingness to lose all your money
- Patience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OtqTrL7Jxo

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Judge Tesla posted:

That'd be your problem yes, the game was classing your kills as being done by fire damage and not cryo.

Which is understandable, but super-not obvious until I was reading up on the different orange weapons. The guys weren't bursting into flame ever and the damage numbers weren't red. Then of course after I finished that slog the sun came up or whatever and all those other chumps you have to hunt down were cryo kills.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2019-12-05-borderlands-3-hotfixes-dec-5/

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Arg they nerfect the Amara Driver mod, looks like guardian rank perks are still broken. :downs:

Also my halloween event cancelled itself last night, for some reason.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Arg they nerfect the Amara Driver mod, looks like guardian rank perks are still broken. :downs:

Also my halloween event cancelled itself last night, for some reason.

Did you load the game too fast?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Jusupov posted:

Did you load the game too fast?

Could easily be that! Maurice was still on the ship, but no portal. I don't notice if it was at the Halloween start screen or not. :rip: haunt.

From the recent patch notes:

quote:

The next patch will be coming later this month and will contain the first DLC, Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot! It will also address reported concerns that we have seen in the last patch, including Guardian Rank and additional vending machines in Skywell-27.

Dec 19th for the guardian rank perks to be fixed.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 5, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dec 19th for the guardian rank perks to be fixed.

I appreciate the active support they're giving this game, but what the hell, how is a fix still weeks away?

The full heal revive is what I missed most.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Rinkles posted:

I appreciate the active support they're giving this game, but what the hell, how is a fix still weeks away?

Based on what I've read on the gaming industry, this thing probably needed an extra few months before it was ready to go but were forced to publish due to pressure from the publishers and management. I'm happy with the game we have, but I think it probably could also have done very well as a holiday release w/ a completed takedown, fewer bugs and better performance.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

quote:

At the end of the month, look forward to spending the new year with Maliwan in Borderlands 3! In a time-limited event, the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite will be scaled depending on the number of players in your party. You'll be able to play solo or with a party of any size to score all that sweet Takedown loot!

Uh that's a hell of a change to have at the bottom of the hotfix list.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Rinkles posted:

The full heal revive is what I missed most.

I wonder if they've commented on when the fix will be available for players who don't have the dlc. (:haw:) or if it just keeps the dlc content inactive for them.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

As somebody who got burned out by the haunted stuff and had to put the game down for a bit, I'm still glad to hear they're not making it a one-time thing with missable cosmetics. Here's hoping they have a shutoff switch for it next year though.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Harvesting goo on valentine's day.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

People who say Borderlands 2 was a better game really should go back and play it. The loot is absolutely trash, be it from world drops, chest drops or mission rewards. One out of a hundred guns would be useful and that's being really generous. Side missions are just some flavor chatter before you're sent off to the other side of the map then sent back to its other end to turn it. Then you can do that all again because the next step, if it's multi-part, sends you back to where you came from. Or sent to an area you haven't been to in ages. You do it because you hope the reward would be at least decent but it never is.

I can see why I fell off of this game. If I weren't playing with my friend I would have already quit. We're just plowing through the main story at this point and hope the DLC is better in both mission design and rewards.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 6, 2019

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So uh

Yall found One Punch Man yet?

I was NOT ready for that

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joey Freshwater posted:

So uh

Yall found One Punch Man yet?

I was NOT ready for that

I tried farming him for that shotgun he gives, but gave up after the tenth attempt. The drop rate for it must be pretty low.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Thank god the haunted poo poo is over. Even though the boss was cool.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shiftypenguin posted:

I tried farming him for that shotgun he gives, but gave up after the tenth attempt. The drop rate for it must be pretty low.

I'm farming him on M2 now. He's not tough you just can't let him get close to you obviously. It sucks that there's usually an anointed outside of his area. I just open his door and run backwards and huck a bunch of Ghost calls at him and they usually take him down pretty quick now.

I've done it maybe 4-5 times but no luck

e: Update: 10 or so times now, gotten 2 legendaries neither of which are the shotgun

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 6, 2019

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Well I got it, and it's disappointing

To me that seems like it should output a ton of damage but it only does around 4-5k just like it says. The % modifier doesn't seem to be working.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Those modifiers are already factored into the tooltip.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The +% is a modifier on the damage stat, not an extra applied when you fire.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Yeah it’s a single projectile that deals ~1.3k% of what a shotgun pellet normally would

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are you sure? I see videos of people using it on YouTube and it dishing out a ton of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

They probably had built around it then