Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well, it wasn't what I expected, and frankly I'm glad for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

quote:

I eliminated most of my anger, hate, greed, envy, and vanity, among other imperfections.
I know a liar when I see them.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Okay, the MOD isn't the thing here, but...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18308

Do something for me. Look at this mod description. Scroll down to "If you would like to thank me for this mod, please read below. Otherwise, you can skip the text, which is not related to the mod itself. (See spoiler)". Click the spoiler.

“Thanks for downloading my mod” said Locaster, floating serenely in the Lotus Position.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I mean, I would appreciate it if more modders said "hey, instead of offering to donate to me, how about just pledging to be a better person in your day to day life instead," but lol.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

I know a liar when I see them.

To be fair, that's not something they listed!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ariong posted:

Thanks for downloading my mod said Locaster, floating serenely in the Lotus Position.

Better that than Warrior III. gently caress Warrior III.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Thought it was a Scientology pitch.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ariong posted:

“Thanks for downloading my mod” said Locaster, floating serenely in the Lotus Position.

Locaster then reached out from the egg all his limbs and features, merging with the simulacrum of his mother, gilled and blended in all the arts of the star-wounded East, under water and in fire and in metal and in ash, six times the wise, and he became the union of male and female, the magic hermaphrodite, the martial axiom, the sex-death of language and unique in all the middle world.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bony tony posted:

Locaster then reached out from the egg all his limbs and features, merging with the simulacrum of his mother, gilled and blended in all the arts of the star-wounded East, under water and in fire and in metal and in ash, six times the wise, and he became the union of male and female, the magic hermaphrodite, the martial axiom, the sex-death of language and unique in all the middle world.

poo poo, that's what it reminded me of!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I was expecting jorban peeberson personally.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

bony tony posted:

So I read that and I was thinking "this has to be either an Elder Scrolls thing or some weird Hindu metaphor." I was not disappointed.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
That one dude who makes those Hot Topic skin packs is at it again. This time for that new stars war game.

I just don't get it

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

It's funny

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I could swear I've met that guy somewhere before. The (stupid but real-world) outfit really highlights how much of a generic babyface he is.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Cardiovorax posted:

I could swear I've met that guy somewhere before. The (stupid but real-world) outfit really highlights how much of a generic babyface he is.

You've seen him if you watched Gotham.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

You've seen him if you watched Gotham.
I don't really watch TV anymore, so I didn't even know that series was a thing. Guess I know what I'm doing with my weekend.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/SpongeGasm/status/1200509164444893185

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
currently cannot play modded minecraft but did an idle google search on it while procrastinating and found this perfect encapsulation of what that modding scene is like.
that's not even the most complicated or time-intensive mod for minecraft and one of the mods being explained is in order to make the main bee mod less time intensive and complicated.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mordja posted:

That one dude who makes those Hot Topic skin packs is at it again. This time for that new stars war game.

Does he make those silk screen goku tshirts?

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMxIjGjMJz0

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

blursed

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVx7mSsQoW4

I think this may be the most insane and ridiculous Half-Life 2 mod I've ever seen. Oh yeah and it only has the best name for a Source mod ever too.

G STRING'S MODDB PAGE posted:

Game is more or less complete. Now working on going retail on Steam.

Slip into the Standard Issue Biosuit as Myo Hyori, a gifted Korean teenage girl who must face the perils of the future. Survive many hazards, explore a seemingly endless metropolis and beyond as the world around you implodes and history marches towards its inevitable conclusion.

FEATURES

LEARN about the troubled future of a space faring, shattered mankind.

ESCAPE the ruthless, uncompromising powers governing Earth.

SURVIVE acid rain, killer storms, a crumbling infrastructure and the omnipresent smog.

EXPLORE many highly detailed maps with multiple routes and hidden secrets.

PICK your fights; the more violent you are the more enemies you'll encounter.

SOLVE environmental puzzles of varying complexity.

REACH for the stars and beyond in your quest for answers.

Apparently this whole mod was made by a woman named Eyaura Eya over 12 years and I just kind of can't comprehend having that level of dedication to an idea. Something like Black Mesa is impressive as hell of course, but that at least had a whole team of volunteers. This is apparently (largely, at least) just one person, which is just crazy. I really hope this ends up on Steam soon because I'm sold based on visuals alone. It's pretty unique for Source, although there's certainly been games on Source with a similar aesthetic but probably none that are quite as ambitious.

Ruflux fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 8, 2019

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
It's certainly up there with Cinematic Mod and Kill The Freeman, I might give it a try.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Kikas posted:

It's certainly up there with Cinematic Mod and Kill The Freeman, I might give it a try.

Visually Hunt Down the Freeman looks loving disgusting and broken. Cinematic Mod looks like somebody had a fetish for ferns and cranes and bridges. This I'd say is competent at its strange and sort of unique art direction. Grain of salt and all but apparently people were pretty happy with the beta version's maps too so I'm cautiously hopeful this won't end up in the at least it looks neat pile.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Hemingway To Go! posted:

currently cannot play modded minecraft but did an idle google search on it while procrastinating and found this perfect encapsulation of what that modding scene is like.
that's not even the most complicated or time-intensive mod for minecraft and one of the mods being explained is in order to make the main bee mod less time intensive and complicated.

quote:

THIS IS A BIG DEAL. WE WANT PUREBRED, STACKABLE BEES

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ruflux posted:

Visually Hunt Down the Freeman looks loving disgusting and broken. Cinematic Mod looks like somebody had a fetish for ferns and cranes and bridges. This I'd say is competent at its strange and sort of unique art direction. Grain of salt and all but apparently people were pretty happy with the beta version's maps too so I'm cautiously hopeful this won't end up in the at least it looks neat pile.

Sorry, poor choice of words - I mean in terms of effort, not quality of the end result.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I was recommended this video for "Cursed Halo", an impressively broad work that certainly lives up to its name.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Discendo Vox posted:

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I was recommended this video for "Cursed Halo", an impressively broad work that certainly lives up to its name.

Scroll up.

(It's a dope mod)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Ruflux posted:

I think this may be the most insane and ridiculous Half-Life 2 mod I've ever seen. Oh yeah and it only has the best name for a Source mod ever too.

Apparently this whole mod was made by a woman named Eyaura Eya over 12 years and I just kind of can't comprehend having that level of dedication to an idea. Something like Black Mesa is impressive as hell of course, but that at least had a whole team of volunteers. This is apparently (largely, at least) just one person, which is just crazy. I really hope this ends up on Steam soon because I'm sold based on visuals alone. It's pretty unique for Source, although there's certainly been games on Source with a similar aesthetic but probably none that are quite as ambitious.

Yeah, I've been seeing this mod pop up for years, though I never played the demo. Getting some EYE vibes from it in all of its overambitious, janky, Source-engine glory.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I’m going to assume it’s called G String because you’re going to need to look up a lot of skirts for some reason.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

I’m going to assume it’s called G String because you’re going to need to look up a lot of skirts for some reason.

Oh is this a mod for yandere simulator :v:?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kibayasu posted:

Alyx_mod_with_modeled_vaginal_cavity.jpg

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Kikas posted:

Sorry, poor choice of words - I mean in terms of effort, not quality of the end result.

I got that, but I can't say I really agree since HTDF is a collection of broken maps and CM is bolted on top of the existing HL2 maps while also often breaking them in various annoying ways. They're kind of derivative and lazy and both use stolen assets and other people's mapping work. I think a better comparison might actually be some of the more ambitious GoldSrc mods like Half-Life Echoes or something. Just kind of stretching the engine well past the point of sanity, but not because of an overuse of props and 4K textures like Cinematic Mod does.

Ruflux fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 8, 2019

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kibayasu posted:

I bet it has something insane to say about string theory and quantum miracles, like Time Cube level, but there will be an absolutely brilliant invocation of the pun in there somewhere.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Kibayasu posted:

The entire playthrough has G-man telling you about string theory. A 3 hour long audio file that never stops, even in loading screens.

(I wish)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Drakenel posted:

The entire playthrough has G-man telling you about ssssstring theory.

Ftfy

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

That reminds me of EYE: Divine Cybermancy intensely, right down to the somewhat janky Source-ness of it. If it's anywhere near as good, it will be a treasure.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

aniviron posted:

That reminds me of EYE: Divine Cybermancy intensely, right down to the somewhat janky Source-ness of it. If it's anywhere near as good, it will be a treasure.

You gain brouzouf.
Your legs are broken.
You gain brouzouf.
Repairing...
Your legs are okay.
You gain brouzouf.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Ruflux posted:

Hmmm....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo