Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it’s actually called “tool time” :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
also tim allen went to the same university i did and got busted for coke possession at the kalamazoo airport

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

also tim allen went to the same university i did and got busted for coke possession at the kalamazoo airport

then sang like a canary and narced on literally everybody he knew in the game

timothy dick is an aptly named individual

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that does not surprise me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tim "the tool"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Agile Vector posted:

tim "the tool"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OI-zCnVOGM

i legit miss video rental stores and i can't explain why

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cold on a Cob posted:

i did until netflix came along

scrolling through the infinite grid of direct-to-video garbage and weird random documentaries that make up 90% of netflixs catalog nicely replicates the sensation of wandering a video store at 830pm on a saturday when all the good movies are checked out

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Agile Vector posted:

tim "the tool"

mystes
May 31, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

I miss going to video rental stores but I don't miss actually having to try to find a movie I want to watch at them.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

mystes posted:

I miss going to video rental stores but I don't miss actually having to try to find a movie I want to watch at them.

10,000 TITLES TO RENT!

*shelf after shelf of wrestling videos and third sequels to lovely slasher films you've never heard of stretch out before you*

Sweevo fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 9, 2020

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

we’ve still got a local video rental place here, gave husband an annual membership with infinite rentals for his bday and we stop by there once a week or so to pick up a couple things to watch

they carry a bunch of documentaries and art house stuff and the people at the counter consistently have really good recommendations based on what you’re renting. iirc the last thing we got from there was a bunch of Roy Andersson movies

it’s pretty much hyper targeted towards people who are sick of the shovelware bullshit on Netflix. additionally Netflix is basically first-party-only here unless you’re on a VPN due to content licensing

it’s better than blockbuster ever was. turns out hipsters are good for something after all

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
my favourite place to rent from was a local place called casablanca video in calgary

they had a shelf that was just the afi top 100 and they had shelves dedicated to different directors and themes (iirc)

real sad it's dead :(

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Uptime Sinclair posted:

vb throwaway pun name villains like the radical left, vendata, haranguetan, phineas phage, etc are always a hoot to me

white noise

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Such a great design/concept. :allears:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol. forgot about that one.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

Such a great design/concept. :allears:
it’s one of the rare instances where him being racist seems integral to the gag

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

but enough about my posts

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

qirex posted:

that reminds me if you're old enough to get more than 20% of the pop culture jokes on the venture brothers you belong in this thread

according to my calculations, the show is almost as old as the titular characters. :smithicide:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

im old enough to not watch cartoons :smugmrgw:

(because the loving DVD is the wrong region. i need to put my modified Microsoft Xbox home computer system back together so I can watch Venture Bros in the living room)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i pulled something near my tailbone and i can only ambulate by stooping over and clomping around. i am thrumming with elderitch energies

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i pulled something near my tailbone and i can only ambulate by stooping over and clomping around. i am thrumming with elderitch energies

please take it easy on ur nards

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
the becoming is upon you

hunt well

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
just realized my oldest irl friend is now 57

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cold on a Cob posted:

you consider yourself a friend?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

don’t worry coac. it’s okay to hang out with younger people when you’re an adult.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
y'all i just turned 40 don't do this to me

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i'm like the babby in my peer group

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Cold on a Cob posted:

y'all i just turned 40 don't do this to me

lol. I’ll be there in march.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

President Beep posted:

lol. I’ll be there in march.

more like march to the grave, amirite? :corsair:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

for my dad’s 40th he celebrated with a alcohol fueled weekend of guns, fireworks, and motorcycles.

I’ll probably go to bed at 8:00 so that i may more easily hide from the world. :thunk:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

President Beep posted:

don’t worry coac. it’s okay to hang out with younger people when you’re an adult.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/kennethlogins/status/1033395825353871361?s=21

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

posting in yospos a post from twitter about posters posting in yospos

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Roosevelt posted:

what are "akuma" and "dan"?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

for my dad’s 40th he celebrated with a alcohol fueled weekend of guns, fireworks, and motorcycles.

I’ll probably go to bed at 8:00 so that i may more easily hide from the world. :thunk:

wow your dad is old

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Roosevelt posted:

my age-related lower back pain unchains me from the mortal rules of polite society

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

prefect posted:

the search is over the olds thread has finally found its king

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

pull the other one, woodhouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i swear, i have no idea who those people are supposed to be