Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Fury Road reference at 1:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfM7_JLk-84&t=111s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’ve rewatched the trailer a few times and god drat they loving did a hell of a job with the music.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The music is good, everything else looks like the same stuff we've seen countless times before. I hope WonderWOman gets some actual good foes to fight and not just hapless soldiers/security guards who literally can't hurt her though

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Zzulu posted:

I hope WonderWOman gets some actual good foes to fight and not just hapless soldiers/security guards who literally can't hurt her though

There are two major supervillains to fight in the movie.
Kristin Wiig plays Barbara Minerva, who turns into a cheetah-woman.
and Pedro Pascal plays Max Lord who in comics is a psychic manipulator, but in this movie seems grant desires and draw power for himself with a magical wishing stone.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 9, 2019

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

The villain is :chaostrump:,. Look at the black/gold helicopter on the TVs, the WALL and finally Pedro himself.

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Dec 9, 2019

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahZFCF--uRY

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
we've hit peak nostalgia

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Yiiiiikes. No, no, no thank you.

At 29 seconds in we're already back to the SCOOBY DOO 2: MONSTERS UNLEASHED / GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 vfx, and the movie itself is ostensibly a bunch of children playing dress-up? Thank you very much for the offer but no, keep that away from me, please.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That was one of the most pandering things I have ever seen. Jesus christ. Get up off the floor and wipe your knees.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vintersorg posted:

That was one of the most pandering things I have ever seen. Jesus christ. Get up off the floor and wipe your knees.

The very first teaser they released way back in January was practically screaming that, what with Bernstein's iconic music and the 'reveal' of the Ecto-1 and the classic proton pack sound effects. Did you really expect anything different?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4lT3LEimWk

Also it's super obvious that the terror dogs are back (and Paul Rudd is going to become either the Gate Keeper or the Key Master) and the big bad guy will be Gozer yet again. They even had the symmetrical book stacking.

Edit: they've pretty much directly stole all their ideas from the "Jurassic World Playbook For Successful Soft Reboots" wholesale because that franchise reboot worked amazingly well (from a financial & critical perspective, which is what they really care about) and they were spooked really hard after their 2016 attempt blew up in their faces.

But as a diehard Ghostbusters fan who first saw the original in cinemas back in '84 I'm really goddamned pumped

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 9, 2019

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Going out and saying it'll probably be at least decent. I'm not thrilled on them moving it to Anywhere, USA and starring a bunch of kids, because the hostility of New York was important to the movie's aesthetic and this would be a very different script if Stranger Things Fever wasn't at an all-time high. But it looks fun despite all that. Me in the 90s would be pumped for this movie, so I can't be too cynical.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I will say that yeah, it does look watchable and should be an ok movie. Needs more Rudd though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9MQtiGn9k

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

...Jurassic World... worked amazingly well (from a... critical perspective..)

Hm :raise:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

By trying to net the sad 40-year-old audience desperately trying to relive their childhoods while casting mostly children to appeal to an audience of kids and teens who don’t give a poo poo about Ghostbusters, they’ve probably ended up made a movie that will leave everyone screaming WHO IS THIS EVEN FOR?!

It still looks better than they 2016 version in that they’ve made a movie with a script instead of just rolling the cameras and letting a lot of really talented comedians half-rear end a bunch of improv around CGI. Needs more Rudd, though.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 9, 2019

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

caligulamprey posted:

WHO IS THIS EVEN FOR?!

Everyone who watched Stranger Things.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

feedmyleg posted:

Everyone who watched Stranger Things.

People who fell for THE FORCE AWAKENS.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Are the original crew in it?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Megasabin posted:

Are the original crew in it?

Murray, Aykroyd, Hudson, and Weaver are all confirmed in it (as their original characters, not the alt-cameos from the 2016 flick), though to what capacity is unknown. I'm assuming they'll still just be cameos.

I'm shocked they didn't show any of them in this trailer. I'd say that confirms the cameo talk.

Then again, I don't remember Han or Leia being in the original Force Awakens trailer (the "We're home" bit was from the second trailer), and they ended up being in a good portion of that flick (at least Han). So who knows?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

It'll be about on par with the one from a couple of years ago, but without the loving crybabies having a massive screaming fit because some loving women aren't ruining :qq: my pweshus pweshus childhood mooveee.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
it's just stranger things with all of the style and humor ripped out, replaced by static shots of dusty ghostbuster props

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

man ghostbusters fans sure are something

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Fried Watermelon posted:

actual millenials (78-88) are gonna be some real competition for boomers by the time they hit 50 for Worst Generation of Humans Ever

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BonoMan posted:

Yeah that is a expert trailer

It should be, it's done by the same exec as the Man of Steel trailer and the Inception trailer

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

i'm okay with this if for no reason other than the villain not being cold war soviets

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I really wish that remixed version of New Order was available somewhere in it's entirety because it's been stuck in my head all day.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

HAHAHAHA ya'll wanted nostalgia, now you have it.

I couldnt even finish watching that trailer. :lol:

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sirotan posted:

I really wish that remixed version of New Order was available somewhere in it's entirety because it's been stuck in my head all day.

Well it will be available in whatever library the cover exists in

fake edit: I reached out to Trailer Park's music dept to see if they'll tell me.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

I'm pretty meh on the first WW, it was good but nothing spectacular. This looks :krad:. Might even be worth seeing in theaters.

Also Pedro Pascal's agent deserves an award or a raise or something, dude just cannot miss since he broke out on GoT.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I thought this Ghostbusters was the one with the original cast? The gently caress?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Firstborn posted:

I thought this Ghostbusters was the one with the original cast? The gently caress?

They will appear in it in some capacity, but the story is about Egon's family.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

kiimo posted:

Well it will be available in whatever library the cover exists in

fake edit: I reached out to Trailer Park's music dept to see if they'll tell me.

I can't tell if you're telling me to look harder or not but best I could find was someone who uploaded a music-only version of the trailer, but it just isn't doing it for me.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Fried Watermelon posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

A decent trailer, if a bit unfocused. The visuals and soundbites hit the mark. Should be a fun watch with beers at the discount cinema.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sirotan posted:

I can't tell if you're telling me to look harder or not but best I could find was someone who uploaded a music-only version of the trailer, but it just isn't doing it for me.

I am not I am working on it!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

kiimo posted:

I am not I am working on it!

awesome thx :)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ehud posted:

They will appear in it in some capacity

Weird, I swear I remember another Ghostbusters film where the original cast turned up in some capacity but the nerds got really angry about that one.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

EL BROMANCE posted:

Weird, I swear I remember another Ghostbusters film where the original cast turned up in some capacity but the nerds got really angry about that one.

They'll be playing their old characters here, at least. But yeah, it's dumb.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also it's super obvious that the terror dogs are back (and Paul Rudd is going to become either the Gate Keeper or the Key Master) and the big bad guy will be Gozer yet again. They even had the symmetrical book stacking.

And you see Shandor Mining Company. I'd guess it's not just an Easter egg. I did like that they show Egon's collection of spores, molds, and fungus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah but you see, the :airquote:women:airquote: in it obliterated the childhoods of every person within 50 paces of the cinema, like the Dresden firebombing and retroactively gave us cancer in the arse.