Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that jumping trick actually kind of annoys me because mule scanners below an elevated road will somehow ping you. like you literally cannot even physically see the scan from up on the road but gently caress you anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Alright, just finished the game.

What an emotional ride towards the end. It was the signature several hour block of cutscenes punctuated with boss battles (which were pretty meh) but some really compelling emotional stuff. Especially Cliff’s story. And that last mission taking Lou to the incinerator got me in the feels.

Question though: I just got the Chapter 15 start and it’s telling me to pass time until the inauguration. This is just post-game free play right? Does anything else happen at any point? I’m a bit burnt out on delivering packages so I’ll probably put this down unless there’s more content.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I am pretty sure it has been done already, but I want to get as much footage of people riding the carrier as I can, and set it to 'SuperMan' from THPS2.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Colonel Whitey posted:

Alright, just finished the game.

What an emotional ride towards the end. It was the signature several hour block of cutscenes punctuated with boss battles (which were pretty meh) but some really compelling emotional stuff. Especially Cliff’s story. And that last mission taking Lou to the incinerator got me in the feels.

Question though: I just got the Chapter 15 start and it’s telling me to pass time until the inauguration. This is just post-game free play right? Does anything else happen at any point? I’m a bit burnt out on delivering packages so I’ll probably put this down unless there’s more content.

Just make sure to deliver medicine to the elder every now and then and the rest is free play

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

CJacobs posted:

Gold BTs coming to drag Sam away directly to a game over with no voidout (2019, colorized)

DaShareZone is a BT?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Highly recommend using the hover board to speed down from the weather station.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Steve Yun posted:

Just make sure to deliver medicine to the elder every now and then and the rest is free play

I haven’t visited him since I five-starred him like 20 hours ago. Oops

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Colonel Whitey posted:

I haven’t visited him since I five-starred him like 20 hours ago. Oops

As long as you haven't gotten an email from him you're probably still good to run him some drugs real quick

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gameplay question, has anyone spotted any chiral-contaminated cargo out in the wild? The only place I've ever seen it is where it's introduced to you right next to the Junk Dealer's house. Abandoned mechanic? Or am I just not looking in the right spot?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

CJacobs posted:

Gameplay question, has anyone spotted any chiral-contaminated cargo out in the wild? The only place I've ever seen it is where it's introduced to you right next to the Junk Dealer's house. Abandoned mechanic? Or am I just not looking in the right spot?

That's the only place I've ever seen it too. Just something they didn't feel like fleshing out maybe.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hey make sure you press the ps4 dualshock center pad thingy to do a callout when you're resting in a hot spring... keep pressing it until the whole thing happens. Not gonna tell you what precisely happens but please try and figure it out it's very charming!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Doesn't that depend on the hot spring you're in?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ruffian Price posted:

Doesn't that depend on the hot spring you're in?

Works in Heartman's spring at least

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJacobs posted:

I think it's supposed to be a subtle nudge in the direction of the thing you are supposed to do in Ch. 3.

It was completely obvious what the problem was but I don't know if I would have figured the solution out on my own but luckily I went to sleep and triggered the long cutscene explaining it in great detail

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

when i went to rest in the private room last time i decided to soothe BB because we had just been through some poo poo and what instead happened was sam knocked on his glass, BB knocked back, this happened again and then BB went demonic and smashed his head through the glass???? i guess it was a hallucination but uh, what the gently caress? random chance? was there a story reason this happened??

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

rabidsquid posted:

when i went to rest in the private room last time i decided to soothe BB because we had just been through some poo poo and what instead happened was sam knocked on his glass, BB knocked back, this happened again and then BB went demonic and smashed his head through the glass???? i guess it was a hallucination but uh, what the gently caress? random chance? was there a story reason this happened??

One of the side effects of DOOMs is extremely realistic nightmares and visions.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

As long as you haven't gotten an email from him you're probably still good to run him some drugs real quick

That email only turns up riiight after you visit him and you see the BT hologram.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Shoot, I wish I'd noticed this thread earlier.. Finally got the platinum this week, took me between 120-130 hours and I loved it all.

I think the only thing that disappointed me was that some of the in-game bonuses for preorder/deluxe edition were gold but only limited to level 1 or 2 versions of an item. Why can't I have gold level 3 speed skeleton???

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Snackmar posted:

Shoot, I wish I'd noticed this thread earlier.. Finally got the platinum this week, took me between 120-130 hours and I loved it all.

I think the only thing that disappointed me was that some of the in-game bonuses for preorder/deluxe edition were gold but only limited to level 1 or 2 versions of an item. Why can't I have gold level 3 speed skeleton???

The amount of times I accidentally crafted a lvl 1 gold skeleton instead of a lvl 3 one was just ... terrible tbh

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

J.A.B.C. posted:

I am pretty sure it has been done already, but I want to get as much footage of people riding the carrier as I can, and set it to 'SuperMan' from THPS2.

Just make sure you also fade in a Low Roar-style song credit in the corner of the screen to go with it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lol, Death Stranding shot up to the top of IGN's Game Of The Year poll instantly after being added late and the moderator in charge of the poll assumed it was rigged by trolls and removed it completely.

What a salty bitch :clint:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 10, 2019

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It is one of if not the best game of the year in a year stacked with great games

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Snackmar posted:

Did the gold items actually appear in share lockers to players without the preorder? I thought that was some fantastic trolling (and still fitting the theme!) that you could just buy the ~exclusives~ in bulk and give them away :3:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
After finishing the game I have to say I enjoyed it. Its not my GOTY but its up there for me.

I aim to get all the trophies but as it stands I will give it a break for a bit.

Also did anyone drink loads of beer and have Sam flip out throwing everything off the table in the private room?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

VoLaTiLe posted:

Also did anyone drink loads of beer and have Sam flip out throwing everything off the table in the private room?

When he started trying to step on the cryptobiotes I was like NOOO RUN LITTLE GUYS BE FREE but thankfully in his drunken stupor he has poor aim and is unable to squish any of them

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Lol, Death Stranding shot up to the top of IGN's Game Of The Year poll instantly after being added late and the moderator in charge of the poll assumed it was rigged by trolls and removed it completely.

Good to see official IGN mods are on the level of gamefaqs posters from the early 00s

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

CJacobs posted:

Coming from someone who hated MGSV, Death Stranding is easily GOTY

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I liked the outer worlds but nominating it for goty and not death stranding lmbo come on you hacks

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The game is divisive for a reason: I, personally, do not like it

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
A standalone coop mode for Death Stranding would be pretty amazing.

You could for example play as a generic freelance porter and team up with friends to deliver cargo. And if your friend gets hurt, you have to carry him to prevent a voidout. (Because it attracts BTs or something)

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Hey I’m just now getting to mountain knot city 60 hours in. Can anyone who has finished the game tell me how many hours I have left if I continue at this pace? I don’t need to know how many more chapters, just an approximate length if I’m taking this much time.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

inferis posted:

Hey I’m just now getting to mountain knot city 60 hours in. Can anyone who has finished the game tell me how many hours I have left if I continue at this pace? I don’t need to know how many more chapters, just an approximate length if I’m taking this much time.

If you continue at that pace... maybe another 30 hours.

You could be done in 6 or 7 if you sped through it though. Are you 5 starring everyone before moving on?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
goddammit where are all the orders for this First Prepper rear end in a top hat

I found one and that's it so far

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ruffian Price posted:

Did the gold items actually appear in share lockers to players without the preorder? I thought that was some fantastic trolling (and still fitting the theme!) that you could just buy the ~exclusives~ in bulk and give them away :3:
Yeah, I picked up a bunch out in the world and had no idea what they were at first. I thought I had like an upgrade in store for me in the future so I swapped my lv 3 AT for a lv1 gold and was very confused. Had to google to see what was up.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

You could be done in 6 or 7 if you sped through it though. Are you 5 starring everyone before moving on?

My boyfriend is really into the story stuff so I do all the infrastructure on my own and wait on main story missions until he is around to watch me play.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Is there an exhaustive list somewhere of all the technologies you can get from different preppers? I'm getting later into the game, like chapter 8, and I want to go back and get the good things I missed but not even sure what they are.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

The game is divisive for a reason: I, personally, do not like it

I think this is pretty understandable. A lot of people would dislike a logistics heavy game. Especially one with such bizarre idiosyncrasies.

What is not understandable is telling people that they did like it that they did not like it and cannot choose it as GoTY.

night slime
May 14, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Are those IGN guys insanely mad the Game Awards guy and the Famitsu guy were in the game but not them...that's the only thing I can think of.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

goddammit where are all the orders for this First Prepper rear end in a top hat

I found one and that's it so far

the mountain knot waystation has a couple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

CJacobs posted:

lol

"I didn't like this game so therefore nobody can like this game"