Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

PTSDeedly Do posted:

I’m gonna leave this website if they delete fyad lol

Don't threaten us with a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
It was long overdue, and frankly the tolerance of FYAD from our supposedly enlightened mods and admins was always just weird, hypocritical, and unpleasant.

I mean aside from all the other weird and hypocritical things but you get my point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PTSDeedly Do posted:

drat

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

PTSDeedly Do posted:

call it off boys we can’t lose these valuable posters

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Why didn’t docevil just eat the eggs :(

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
gently caress your rear end daddy, closed?? :ohdear:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

quote:

There's a lot of hosed up and weird people, on this comedy forum website, who do not ever post jokes, do not enjoy jokes or indeed even laughing, and have coined a derogatory term for people who make jokes. They're all missionaries drawn here by the allure of the fertile lands of videos of a severely asthmatic man playing Megaman games, and interesting philosophical quandries posted by the fake PTSD guy about the nature of doors and windows in Dungeons and Dragons. They are wise men here to educate a savage, uneducated, indigenous sort. It is a sonorous, musical form of education; a greasy collective amasses on the front line of the battle against social injustice, the video game subforum on a message board that has a drop down menu that makes light of the holocaust on every single page, and sings a shrill harmony that permeates the very aether, making my pets feel unsafe, when a video game muscle man calls Catwoman a bitch. They have picked their battles well, and I note from my foxhole that I am running out of ammunition, chiefly in the form of the increasingly finite number of ways I can frame this absurd situation with the English language. I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the poo poo out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szgoj4awwxI

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just its career, OP

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
how about make a rule that transphobic jokes aren't allowed, then they'd stop doing it and everyone is happy? I mean as opposed to deleting it and them taking it offsite and continuing making the same jokes?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PTSDeedly Do posted:

gently caress. mods. please. don't close fyad. please.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
the sub was a waste of bandwidth for years. Anyone that has more than 10 fyad posts should be perma'd.

They'll re-reg, they got nowhere to go

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

This but unironically

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
This is absolutely terrorism

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiKpMmjm1a8

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schweinhund posted:

how about make a rule that transphobic jokes aren't allowed, then they'd stop doing it and everyone is happy? I mean as opposed to deleting it and them taking it offsite and continuing making the same jokes?

even that was too much to ask for.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

lol forever

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Duncan was so good and was run off by the same sort of terminally online people who attempted to doxx him and ruin his livelihood because he posted in the pink sub forum on a comedy website.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

it'll just go offsite. byob was closed once long ago and went offsite, and even though byob has been back for like ever the offsite byob is still there and peeps post on it.

edit - fixed link

Telebite fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Dec 10, 2019

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I never went in there but why not probate and ban them to keep them in line?

Just seems weird to close it all together vs taking care of the problem.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Supreme Allah posted:

the sub was a waste of bandwidth for years. Anyone that has more than 10 fyad posts should be perma'd.

They'll re-reg, they got nowhere to go

not an empty quote

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Telebite posted:

it'll just go offsite. byob was closed once long ago and went offsite, and even though byob has been back for like ever the offsite byob is still there and peeps post on it.

Your link is dead and 90% of new people on SA are just reregs of older posters who built up too much of a rapsheet lol

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Request to make this thread the next episode of FYAD FYAD LOL.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

I never went in there but why not probate and ban them to keep them in line?

Just seems weird to close it all together vs taking care of the problem.

because the FYAD mods were also participating.

but anyways less relitigation for people who never bothered to read the QCS threads and more shitposting about how I totally alone and with no help at all singlehandedly killed FYAD.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
now that someone has spoken to FYAD's manager i can bravely say that i was never once scared to post in FYAD. barnacle jim means nothing to me, a beautiful and immortal Gamer

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeXehIlF__4

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tashilicious posted:

because the FYAD mods were also participating.

but anyways less relitigation for people who never bothered to read the QCS threads and more shitposting about how I totally alone and with no help at all singlehandedly killed FYAD.

Ah got it.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Bedlamdan posted:

Your link is dead and 90% of new people on SA are just reregs of older posters who built up too much of a rapsheet lol

oops fixed link

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhUFpqY_e1g

the above vid is 5 years old lmao

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

He's eating ribs in heaven now
:rip::greenangel::rip:

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Fluffy Bumps posted:

This forum will be purged of everything problematic until only the really cool chill people who have nothing wrong with them are left.

This is whats been happening forever.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

woozy pawsies posted:

Duncan was so good and was run off by the same sort of terminally online people who attempted to doxx him and ruin his livelihood because he posted in the pink sub forum on a comedy website.

Did Duncan actually stop posting because people tried to doxx him? That really sucks, he was the funniest person here and I've wondered what happened to him

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
isn't byob just a honeypot for potential fyad agents that aren't chaotic evil enough to do ironic bigotry?

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

I’ve peered behind the curtain and seen the bright white truth blinding and liberating— every single post is a revolutionary political act. Societies have risen and fallen due the use of the word “retard”. How do I know this, you might ask? Heh- I hoped you would. I know this because I’m a revolutionary political activist, and I’m on the good side.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

Dutchy posted:

Did Duncan actually stop posting because people tried to doxx him? That really sucks, he was the funniest person here and I've wondered what happened to him

Yes, at least that’s what I think what happened - all the posts on twitter got deleted. Basically, some ‘leftist’, instead of spending their time to fight the fascists, decided they wanted to ruin his life because he posted on fyad and wasn’t PC enough or whatever. It really solved a lot of problems and created a positive impact on the world!

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

lol watch the next "close TFR/TCC/EN/AI/etc" thread open with "well we closed FYAD, why not this one too??"

That's the trajectory the forums have been on for forever now. I don't think it really matters, Lowtax doesn't care either, and his wife is probably going to get half the website in the divorce.

If she's savvy she'll take Games and Let's Play and maybe Debate and Discussion while leaving GBS and CSPAM.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Fluffy Bumps posted:

Lowtax will reopen it when he comes back and everyone will be mad again

It’s gonna loving own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay guy
Dec 26, 2012

beautiful; bless you