Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

omg chael crash posted:

Did we get welling in a suit?

Nope. And he is apparently powerless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Did we get welling in a suit?

No, Smallville Supes got folded into Whatever Happened To The Man Of Tomorrow in the same vein as Donner Superman and Kingdom Come.

Not seeing enough love for Lex KNOWING Clark Kent is Superman in that world and still not believing his Clark could be the Man of Steel.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a CW source confirming Welling is WHTTMOT Clark or is that a fan connection? Because in that story Superman "dies" and Lois ends up with a dude is totally not Clark Kent.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

Nope. And he is apparently powerless.

Well that's just fuckin' perfect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Well that's just fuckin' perfect.

It didn't seem to be an act either, he held kryptonite and everything.

Unless it's like Infinite Crisis and the kryptonite was from a different earth so it doesn't hurt him...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

It didn't seem to be an act either, he held kryptonite and everything.

Unless it's like Infinite Crisis and the kryptonite was from a different earth so it doesn't hurt him...

So you're saying he was already under the influence of blue kryptonite at the time? Makes sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's possible, Smallville was basically made out of kryptonite.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Welling being powerless did lead to him punching Cryer-Luthor in the face and having Cryer-Luthor mope around that killing Welling wasn't worth it anymore. I got a chuckle out of that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They just announced Welling is coming to my local con, how many autographed photos should I put you guys down for?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Get him to sign a picture of an empty Superman suit.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Is there a CW source confirming Welling is WHTTMOT Clark or is that a fan connection? Because in that story Superman "dies" and Lois ends up with a dude is totally not Clark Kent.

I...think thats wrong? Clark takes gold Kryptonite to remove his powers, then assumes a false name to live out the rest of his life with Lois and their kids. Or maybe I am remembering it wrong.

from the wiki:

Since he has broken his own code never to kill, Superman, in penance, voluntarily enters a chamber containing a sample of gold kryptonite—which permanently strips him of his powers—and disappears into the Arctic wasteland. When the other heroes enter the remains of the Fortress, they find only Perry and Alice White and Lois still alive. Superman's body is never found and it is assumed by all parties that the powerless hero died in the Arctic.

After the interview is over and Crane leaves the Elliot residence, it is indirectly revealed that the mechanic Jordan Elliot (a reference to Superman's father, Jor-El), Lois' husband, is Superman. He is without powers and living as an ordinary man with Lois and their son Jonathan, who is likely named after Jonathan Kent. Lois' words on the Man of Steel's final fate, "I never saw Superman again", is now understood to mean the man who emerged from the gold kryptonite chamber was no longer superhuman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, I simplified it but that dude who is totally not Clark Kent and Superman "dies" are the main beats. The Smallville cameo is almost nothing like that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
See, my takeaway was always Superman retires by giving up powers to raise family with Lois.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's exactly what the scene laid out. I dont k ow why people are trying to stretch it into Whatever Happened to...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The big thing that makes it pretty clear it isn't supposed to be that story is Smallville Clark said his Lex is still alive (and the President.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

muscles like this! posted:

The big thing that makes it pretty clear it isn't supposed to be that story is Smallville Clark said his Lex is still alive (and the President.)

Which makes me really pissed they lowballed Michael Rosenbaum so he didn't end up in the crossover.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

That's exactly what the scene laid out. I dont k ow why people are trying to stretch it into Whatever Happened to...

I think they're just trying to connect it to a comic story where Superman "retires" to raise a family and WHTTMOT is the most popular one (the only one, as far as I can think of)

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Yet another nail in DC Universe’s coffin, as Stargirl is being marketed as a CW show, right down to the Twitter handle, without any DCU branding

https://twitter.com/stargirl_cw/status/1204573549161136129?s=21

https://twitter.com/stargirl_cw/status/1204592891529531392

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The guy in the Harley Quinn doing Bane is just doing a bad Tom Hardy voice and he's the funniest part of the whole show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vince MechMahon posted:

The guy in the Harley Quinn doing Bane is just doing a bad Tom Hardy voice and he's the funniest part of the whole show.

The second episode was much better than the first. Also Kite Man is Leonard from Ugly Americans (RIP best animated show).

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

The second episode was much better than the first. Also Kite Man is Leonard from Ugly Americans (RIP best animated show).

I'm hoping the pilot was just bad and the rest is at least good good.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
not really surprising given the Feige reorg and their dearth of projects in production, but fwiw

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1204552242763710465?s=21

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm hoping the pilot was just bad and the rest is at least good good.

I also hope this. And correcting my above statement, Kite Man (hell yeah) is Mark, not Leonard.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Barry Convex posted:

Yet another nail in DC Universe’s coffin, as Stargirl is being marketed as a CW show, right down to the Twitter handle, without any DCU branding

when the voiceover came on i was like wait is the luke wilson? lol i didnt realize he was gonna be in this

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I also hope this. And correcting my above statement, Kite Man (hell yeah) is Mark, not Leonard.

Ivy and Harley instantly sliding into teenage girls being overly polite to your parents every time they talked to the mom character, as well as the situation itself, really helped sell what the show is. It's clone high with DC characters where they can say gently caress.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's clone high with DC characters where they can say gently caress.

now that sells me on the show

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Okay, John Cryer as Lex is hilarious

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm seeing Marvel Television has been drowned in a shallow puddle.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
John Cryer's Luthor is the kind of Luthor who would steal 40 cakes.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Osric Chau is definitely replacing Brandon Routh on Legends as the Atom, right?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Barry Convex posted:

Lmao how did they get Luke Wilson on this??

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What else does have going? Old School was like 20 years ago.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Madkal posted:

John Cryer's Luthor is the kind of Luthor who would steal 40 cakes.

That's terrible.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Chill Penguin posted:

Lmao how did they get Luke Wilson on this??

Luke Wilson couldn't ride on Wes Anderson movies forever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Vintersorg posted:

Luke Wilson couldn't ride on Wes Anderson movies forever.

He can if his brother keeps co-writing them

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Does everyone forget Luke Wilson was doing toothpaste commercials like a year ago?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't forget something I didn't know

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nic Cage did a bunch of commercials in Japan 20 years ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Does everyone forget Luke Wilson was doing toothpaste commercials like a year ago?

So things have really gone downhill for him since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Nic Cage did a bunch of commercials in Japan 20 years ago.

Everyone does commercials in Japan all the time. They figure it's easy money for a few days work, and it won't cheapen their image because almost no one outside the country will see them.