Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2TGigdVVMg

Has some gameplay footage and other fun stuff.

For the person wondering that video mentions release for PS4, Xbone, and Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

I'm not the biggest fan of the original game but this remake seems like it's gonna be a blast if RE2make is anything to go by. Plus, RE3 has all the best guns from any classic RE. :allears:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Can't say I'm quite as hyped compared to RE2's reveal because RE3 has been an open secret and we all saw the goof last week, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to slap down my pre-order money ASAP.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

So it's third person? That trailer was mostly first person :confused:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

You get the original outfits for Jill and Carlos if you pre-order, and it'll most likely be DLC you can get too.

https://twitter.com/Jawmuncher/status/1204426276347482113

I hope they do the original soundtrack stuff they did with 2, that was amazing.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It might be that they'll actually support perspective switching this time. The engine is clearly capable of doing both equally easily, as we can see well enough from how both RE2make and RE7 were made in it. I can imagine that it wouldn't even be very hard to do, now that they have experience with either.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'll probably use the OG Jill because it looks legit great but OG Carlos looks like a generic whiteman. His new model is way too loving good to swap off.

Wish we had Nemesis footage but that will probably come in another month or so. Can't wait to see what he's like.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I don't have as much love for 3 as I did 2 but I'm still just as excited at this point

I doubt I'll be able to get Nemesis stuck against walls this time around though :v:

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Please use the Ammo systems of other RE games and have a Carlos campaign.

Please. For the love of god.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

lets hang out posted:

So it's third person? That trailer was mostly first person :confused:

Gameplay is third person, yes. First person sequences in the trailer were a stylistic choice for the cutscenes. Remember the reveal trailer for RE2 remake was from the perspective of.....a mouse.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Gameplay is third person, yes. First person sequences in the trailer were a stylistic choice for the cutscenes. Remember the reveal trailer for RE2 remake was from the perspective of.....a mouse.

Still pissed we never got that D.I.J. DLC.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Rookersh posted:

Please use the Ammo systems of other RE games and have a Carlos campaign.

Please. For the love of god.

RE3's gunpowder system is one of its greatest strengths. Other games should crib more from it.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
RE2make already did, so I think we can expect to see more of that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m happy it’s coming so soon. I always wanted to play RE3 but always found it hard to go back to PS1 games.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is there way to speed up real life? I keep looking for a fastforward button or something but April 3rd isn't coming any faster.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Looking forward to doing whatever I need to do to rock an infinite ammo spinning shotgun, just like the old days.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Is there way to speed up real life? I keep looking for a fastforward button or something but April 3rd isn't coming any faster.
Try asking someone to hit you on the head with a big rock, I hear this 'coma' thing is really good for that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Raxivace posted:

Run your car into a wall. Make sure you go at least ninety miles and hour or higher. If your lucky the crash should put you into a coma. Make sure to tell you S.O or parents not to resuscitate you until mid March. You will want to give yourself a few weeks because your limbs will atrophy while you're out. You may also suffer lingering brain damage too so watch out for that.

EDIT: Beaten but I think my advice is a little more detailed so I'll leave it up.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I can’t afford the Leon method so I guess I’ll have to go with the Chris method. :smith:

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

David D. Davidson posted:

Run your car into a wall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shVNw1g9fug

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Raxivace posted:

Between Animal Crossing and FF7 remake, March will go by pretty fast at least.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Watching that developer video there's a brief moment where Jill does a dodge move so it looks like that will indeed be a thing.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Nemesis was my favorite re game so I am really hyped for this. RE2 is also my GOTY so I'll be preordering this one.

It will be a great thing to play whilst waiting for Cyberpunk 2077

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

Borrow money due in Spring

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
those subway train shots confirm all that info i posted a few pages back about the gameplay. beyond hyped right now. looks so good.

anyword on a steelbook? it would be weird not to have one, theres been one for every major playstation release since re4 on the ps2 and i gotta get em all. also, assuming that map is part of the regular release?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
theres a loving hunter in that trailer goddamnityesssssss

also the bit that goes from first person where she explodes into the ally? that looks like the intro? and i bet thats a regular mr.x chasing her maybe, before nemesis shows up.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
He whispers stars so it's nemesis

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

poe meater posted:

He whispers stars so it's nemesis

i missed that holyshit. might just be a trailer thing. theres alot of "intro" shots by the looks of it. at least that bathroom bit does, unless they are expanding the mid section for jill? boy i hope so.

that helicopter bit is totally gonna be the one that crashes into the rpd. she says "every night it gets worse" so im wondering if we'll have a extra few days thrown in before the re2 bits, unless thats part of the intro too.

goddamn that is gonna be super creepy if hes just whispering stars.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Kibayasu posted:

Watching that developer video there's a brief moment where Jill does a dodge move so it looks like that will indeed be a thing.

Yeah it looks like the same move from Revelations 2 which actually worked really well.

I'm dreading speedruns to unlock weapons now that there appear to be much more random elements at play! As difficult as it was in RE2R you could at least plan out where everything was and practice

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

where in the trailer are people hearing that?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
The ending of the trailer seems to imply that Jill might start the game infected as a result of drinking the infected water like the rest of Raccoon City. While I'm sure the clocktower scene will still happen, it will be less about Jill getting infected and more about her getting hosed up to the point where she needs the cure before she dies and reanimates.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

where in the trailer are people hearing that?

https://youtu.be/LxDm9T1TKvU

1:19

Resistance looks allright too. I'm glad it's bundled together. Did anyone play the beta?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

In It For The Tank posted:

The ending of the trailer seems to imply that Jill might start the game infected as a result of drinking the infected water like the rest of Raccoon City. While I'm sure the clocktower scene will still happen, it will be less about Jill getting infected and more about her getting hosed up to the point where she needs the cure before she dies and reanimates.
Seems like that wouldn't really matter a lot in any case. As long as it's still a plot disease like Sherry's G infection, it's not like would really put any kind of time limit on the game. It didn't in the original, either.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Vikar Jerome posted:

she says "every night it gets worse" so im wondering if we'll have a extra few days thrown in before the re2 bits, unless thats part of the intro too.
The trailer seems pretty explicit, winding back the clock 34,5 hours to Jill getting chased out of her apartment.

Vikar Jerome posted:

theres a loving hunter in that trailer goddamnityesssssss

also the bit that goes from first person where she explodes into the ally? that looks like the intro? and i bet thats a regular mr.x chasing her maybe, before nemesis shows up.
Yeah, that bit is like straight out of the original, with Jill jumping out of a burning building. This time they just added an explanation. :v:

Vikar Jerome posted:

those subway train shots confirm all that info i posted a few pages back about the gameplay. beyond hyped right now. looks so good.
How? Not saying it's not true, but I don't see what actually confirms anything?

In It For The Tank posted:

That also fits her asking how this many people got infected in the trailer.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I like that at least from the trailer, it looks like this game will have some backstory for Umbrella creating Nemesis. I was kind of bummed out how hidden things like the tiny Umbrella transmitter in Mr. X's head were never brought up or lead to other secret files about their bioweapons. And I loved that scene in the original where the Tyrant gets airdropped from a chopper.

Now there's an explicit "cartridge for bioweapon, codename Nemesis" part in the trailer though who knows if that scene will be in the game.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I am thrilled to bits at that release date and Nemmies big stomping energy! I wonder if they'll try to rehabilitate Brad Vickers image the way they did Kendo.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So this'll make Code Veronica the oldest RE game to go without a full remake then.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

How? Not saying it's not true, but I don't see what actually confirms anything?

the consistently reliable resident evil leaker said he had heard awhile back, while giving info on the gameplay of re3, that the tram section of the original had been changed into a subway, but he wasnt sure if they had kept that section and these new shots showing the mercs in a subway car suggests, at least to me, he was right and all the other info he posted was also probably right. i mean, we aint got that long to find out, gameplay will be at the jumpfesita thing at the end of the month.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Judge Tesla posted:

So this'll make Code Veronica the oldest RE game to go without a full remake then.

not for long, wouldnt be surprised if thats next and is out by the end of next year/2021 at this rate.

then again i wonder, because they can get away with releasing that upressed okay, given the full 3d. they couldnt really upres the psx games to 4k consoles without pixlating everything and none of them seem to know what ai upscaling is yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
most of the new character designs look nice (Mikhail and Brad are perfect) but where is the Samurai Edge? It even debuted in the original RE3 god damnit this isn't fair why must us beretta guys always suffer