Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should Gaj make his own thread
This poll is closed.
Yes, make a new thread 6 54.55%
No, keep things just how they are 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
Owning real property

Getting homeless people out of their neighborhood somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I hope he responded with another "ok boomer"

EDIT: He did

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 10, 2019

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Uncle Lloyd posted:

My parents ended up with a box of Omaha Steaks one year that I think one of them won at a work raffle or something. They came with mashed potatoes or some such and some apple pastries that were actually pretty good. It wasn't bad food by any means, just not even remotely close to being worth what they sell it for.

my inlaws sent me some a couple years ago for Christmas and it was a nice gesture, but relative to what they cost not worth it. the sides were better than the steaks if anything; the steaks were just kind of sad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
what in god's name is a Hess truck?

VideoTapir posted:

chevron cars were good

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

what in god's name is a Hess truck?

It's like a Hummel figurine, but for MANLY MEN.

https://hesstoytruck.com/

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Thinking Democrats represent the left, and that Trump is a right-wing Republican.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bang my wife(,) an animal

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bonzo posted:

Yet when you remind them that local butchers are still a thing, you'll get to hear that the local shop is no good because they have Halal products or the owner has a beard and tattoos.

Boomers really hate facial hair and/or tattoos. They've been more and more mainstream over the last 20 years, but to a boomer mush brain it's still a sign that you're untrustworthy and likely to be homeless or an outlaw biker out to stab them.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Iron Crowned posted:

Boomers really hate facial hair and/or tattoos. They've been more and more mainstream over the last 20 years, but to a boomer mush brain it's still a sign that you're untrustworthy and likely to be homeless or an outlaw biker out to stab them.

The hate facial hair but love the poo poo out of Charlie Daniels and Hank Jr.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

BigDave posted:

It's like a Hummel figurine, but for MANLY MEN.

https://hesstoytruck.com/

When I was a kid I would only see these in grown mens offices/dens and they wouldn't let me play with them, which instilled in me the life long (and correct) belief that they were stupid toys for boring grown ups.

So yeah the hummel comparison is dead on

edit quote :

Iron Crowned posted:

I'll never forget my distant cousins wedding when my aunt, with her massive bolted on fake tits and her dress that revealed them so much that you could see every long spidery vein, complained that one of my other cousins didn't cover up her sleeve tattoos

The loving bride and groom didn't even care why the gently caress did my aunt lol, oh yeah because of old calcified boomer brain. My tattoo'd cousin was even a bridesmaid and had to wear the dress that the bride wanted her to, my aunt chose to show off her new tits at a family event.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 10, 2019

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Fat and tattooed here and boomers either heavily scrutinize my tattoos (you’ll hate them when you get old/you’ll change your mind/what if you have kids) or have a weird “no let me TOUCH” without asking thing. The latter applies to my hair as well and it’s never not dehumanizing!!!!

You don’t loving touch people apropos of loving nothing holy poo poo why is this a thing that needs to be explained to grown rear end adults.

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyUnSuYYs18

teen witch fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 10, 2019

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm in my mid-30s and I see a lot of people my age covering up or changing tattoos that they got 15 years ago because they've turned into blobs (the tattoos and/or the people themselves), not because they regretted them. Welp that's my tattoo story, see ya.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Svensken posted:

Thinking Democrats represent the left, and that Trump is a right-wing Republican.

Yuuuuuup

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

This is like the boomer equivilent of "I gently caress my girlfriend all the time. She's from Canada, you wouldn't know her."

ragnarkar
Dec 10, 2019

SwitchbladeKult posted:

In my experience it has always been Boomer family members gifting you money then getting bent out of shape about it and ruin their relationship with you because they said it was a gift but actually expected you'd treat it like a loan that gives them permission to control your life until you repay it. Call back to the earlier conversation on why I refuse gifts from my Boomer parents.

Sounds like most old school Chinese parents

Barudak
May 7, 2007

teen witch posted:

Fat and tattooed here and boomers either heavily scrutinize my tattoos (you’ll hate them when you get old/you’ll change your mind/what if you have kids) or have a weird “no let me TOUCH” without asking thing. The latter applies to my hair as well and it’s never not dehumanizing!!!!

You don’t loving touch people apropos of loving nothing holy poo poo why is this a thing that needs to be explained to grown rear end adults.

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyUnSuYYs18

The hair thing Ive heard happen with plenty of non Boomers but I dont think I need to give you any guesses to figure out why your personal space and feelings dont matter to them.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Barudak posted:

The hair thing Ive heard happen with plenty of non Boomers but I dont think I need to give you any guesses to figure out why your personal space and feelings dont matter to them.

I got it when I was a kid from kids, and now more as an adult...from adults. Kids I’m whatever with, they’re kids, use it as a teaching opportunity. Adults get a scowl if they’re lucky.

What gets me is that I’ve had it with natural, relaxed and braided hair. It’s very much A Race Thing and like...if I did that to a white lady I’d be lynched.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Neito posted:

This is like the boomer equivilent of "I gently caress my girlfriend all the time. She's from Canada, you wouldn't know her."

I got into a slap fight with a business-shithead Boomer years ago on Facebook, and he tried to use the "oh yeah I gently caress my wife like a monster you little pussy" as a retort. This was my first encounter with such a piece of human waste, and I had no idea what to do. The raw, steaming misogyny just locked my brain up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
But is your wife an animal?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
<Rob Zombie voice> Do it, Boomer! Do it, Boomer! BANG MY WIFE AN ANIMAALLLLL

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dump your wife on the floor and gently caress your wife on the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Iron Crowned posted:

It's all projection.

You have to remember that boomers don't like food. It's why you grew up thinking pork chops were over cooked Shake N Bake abominations to be served alongside watery loose corn and crunchy Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes.

Boomers consider steak to be the second fanciest food, so Omaha Steaks seem like a slam dunk to them. They're sending you meat that you can overcook, and sides that you just have to pop in the oven for 20 minutes (I assume this), It's a boomer dream meal!

That said, I'm really curious what the sides are.

Sorry your mom couldn't cook. :(

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Things Boomers Like: Bestiality, apparently.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

The world needs a special task force that locates people like this and just films their life for a day to quantify how full of poo poo they are.

Also needs that for every forbes.com/cnbc/whatever article about THIS MILLENNIAL BECAME A MILLIONAIRE BY AGE 25, WHY ARE YOU SUCH A PIECE OF poo poo?! The answer is always "their parents are rich."

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

LabyaMynora posted:

The world needs a special task force that locates people like this and just films their life for a day to quantify how full of poo poo they are.

Also needs that for every forbes.com/cnbc/whatever article about THIS MILLENNIAL BECAME A MILLIONAIRE BY AGE 25, WHY ARE YOU SUCH A PIECE OF poo poo?! The answer is always "their parents are rich."

I've brought this podcast up before, but if you are more interested in the articles you are referring to, give this a listen:

https://soundcloud.com/citationsneeded/episode-77-frugality-fables-and-the-poor-shaming-grift-of-financial-advice-journalism

same guys that deconstruct Mike Rowe and his bullshit

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

It's all projection.

You have to remember that boomers don't like food. It's why you grew up thinking pork chops were over cooked Shake N Bake abominations to be served alongside watery loose corn and crunchy Betty Crocker scalloped potatoes.

Boomers consider steak to be the second fanciest food, so Omaha Steaks seem like a slam dunk to them. They're sending you meat that you can overcook, and sides that you just have to pop in the oven for 20 minutes (I assume this), It's a boomer dream meal!

That said, I'm really curious what the sides are.

Usually a bag of freeze dried au gratin potatoes and some variety of popper; either mozzarella or jalapeno.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Thinking that an average income should equate to being "basically broke" is some solid boomerism right there.

Edit: and lol at healthy relationships no loving way with this guy

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

(fake news)

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I want to bang you, an animal.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

You and me baby ain't nothing but animals,
So let's do it like they do on the Fox News channel.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Iron Crowned posted:

I haven't cut my hair in over three years now. My beard, almost five years. The one tattoo I have is from the military and covered. When boomers give me poo poo I point at my veteran license plate (mine was free or I wouldn't advertise) or just show my tattoo (unit deployment patch, I know, I know, I was 22, shut the gently caress up). The ones that get it shut the gently caress up immediately about hair and tattoos, it's all glad-hands and poo poo I reply to with, "thanks for paying your taxes."

If nothing else, it adds leverage because of how many boomers are vietnam vets, or remember seeing that poo poo on tv every day growing up. Discussions with the late boomers, who see hippy hair but know about the military end of it too, usually leads to poo poo like, "I had cousin come back from Nam. Let his hair grow, hosed off into the woods for a long time. Now he has a brigade of taxidermied squirrels and never talks to anyone but (generic war buddy). Real shame about him." gently caress those people. We're not all that crazy and vets tend not to stand by and watch their buddies kill themselves over time. But goddamn does hair and tattoos add to the PTSD stigma.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

I'd believe that a good degree of the Boomer veteran worship comes from most of their parents being revered soldiers that they could never possibly live up to. So they grew up thinking the army/navy/marines were the coolest poo poo ever, even while they watch their friends and brothers commit war crimes during Vietnam. Now when they find out younger person (or heaven forbid their own child) is a vet they feel like they might be able to recapture some of that "military by association" feeling. But because they were also raised with a vicious dislike for anything that doesn't conform to WASP culture, they get a shock when they find out that the military isn't anything like what they remember it being.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Lil Peeler posted:

I'd believe that a good degree of the Boomer veteran worship comes from most of their parents being revered soldiers that they could never possibly live up to. So they grew up thinking the army/navy/marines were the coolest poo poo ever, even while they watch their friends and brothers commit war crimes during Vietnam. Now when they find out younger person (or heaven forbid their own child) is a vet they feel like they might be able to recapture some of that "military by association" feeling. But because they were also raised with a vicious dislike for anything that doesn't conform to WASP culture, they get a shock when they find out that the military isn't anything like what they remember it being.

I grew up watching Audie Murphy war movies and Combat! on TV and stuff like that. I had a rose tinted view of the military for the longest time until the Vietnam war changed my perspective. I went from hero worship to thinking "you poor drafted-rear end bastard, you didn't deserve that".

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I haven't cut my hair in over three years now. My beard, almost five years. The one tattoo I have is from the military and covered. When boomers give me poo poo I point at my veteran license plate (mine was free or I wouldn't advertise) or just show my tattoo (unit deployment patch, I know, I know, I was 22, shut the gently caress up). The ones that get it shut the gently caress up immediately about hair and tattoos, it's all glad-hands and poo poo I reply to with, "thanks for paying your taxes."

If nothing else, it adds leverage because of how many boomers are vietnam vets, or remember seeing that poo poo on tv every day growing up. Discussions with the late boomers, who see hippy hair but know about the military end of it too, usually leads to poo poo like, "I had cousin come back from Nam. Let his hair grow, hosed off into the woods for a long time. Now he has a brigade of taxidermied squirrels and never talks to anyone but (generic war buddy). Real shame about him." gently caress those people. We're not all that crazy and vets tend not to stand by and watch their buddies kill themselves over time. But goddamn does hair and tattoos add to the PTSD stigma.

Well media portrays this all the time. If we think back to the Boomer softcore flick that is Forrest Gump, Lt Dan is all long hair and booze until he literally comes to Jesus then cuts his hair, dresses nice, and invests in Apple which made him and his wife poo poo rich.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bonzo posted:

Well media portrays this all the time. If we think back to the Boomer softcore flick that is Forrest Gump, Lt Dan is all long hair and booze until he literally comes to Jesus then cuts his hair, dresses nice, and invests in Apple which made him and his wife poo poo rich.

Don't forget Lt. Dan stopped banging hookers and married himself a nice asian wife.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
E: wrong thread

Boywhiz88 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 10, 2019

naem
May 29, 2011

Knight posted:

<Rob Zombie voice> Do it, Boomer! Do it, Boomer! BANG MY WIFE AN ANIMAALLLLL

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Wrong Thread

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Lil Peeler posted:

gently caress WASP culture in general. I don't know if we blame the boomers for that or more likely the silents, but gently caress it so drat hard regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Solkanar512 posted:

gently caress WASP culture in general. I don't know if we blame the boomers for that or more likely the silents, but gently caress it so drat hard regardless.

Silents absolutely created or leaned into it after WWII during the normalcy period but it was the Boomers who really took it to 11.

Are Dazed and Confused and Fast Times at Ridgemont High Boomer COA movies or Gen X?