Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bard Maddox posted:

Matt Riddle looks like Bo Derek

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

coconono posted:

Maybe when Shad does something other than be a WWE feature I’ll care what he has to say.

He was the new Kratos

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/adnibj/til_shad_gaspard_did_mocap_for_god_of_war/

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

https://twitter.com/shinsuken/status/850716058055049216?lang=en

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i could see him being her son

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
You proved me right

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

It really irks me when people refer to mental health problems as "mental health." That's like saying "I have health" when you're sick.

Also the rest of the dumb things he said.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It really irks me when people refer to mental health problems as "mental health." That's like saying "I have health" when you're sick.

Also the rest of the dumb things he said.

In his defence it's a good way to address blanket issues since it's such a broad spectrum

Like, it beats the gently caress out of saying "crazy". That said, yeah he's a dumbass.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Just in case anyone else makes the mistake I did, I wrote this all up before checking Shad's timeline some more

quote:

Probably the right move would have been to say nothing (twice, because you're Shad Gaspard and what makes you think you need to weigh in on this?) but given that the timeline appears to be

1. ACH announces he's quitting and hates pro wrestling.
2. Shad tells him to gently caress off
3. ACH responds with the Blackface Shad thing and everything else
[hypothetical step 3.5 where Shad realizes that ACH is Going Through Things that he did not know about with his initial dumb tweet in step 2]
4. Shad backs off and tries to do so gracefully

I am glad to have doublechecked his Twitter to confirm that he actually spent some time between steps 2 and 4 continuing to go in on ACH and insist mental health doesn't have anything to do with it and that he knows all about ACH's story so uh never mind, but do not do what I did and only see links to the first and last tweets.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1204518805856063488?s=19

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

GIVE RIDDLE THE BRAIDS

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I’m not gonna blame Shad for only marginally being aware of what ACH went through, ACH is super unhinged right now and needs legitimate help and seeing some of this stuff out of context or in a vacuum is probably going to make most people think he’s just making noise.

The casual racism flung at him was loving awful, the casual racism though his entire career is loving awful, but he’s also had a tendency to self sabotage himself and possibly undiagnosed or completely ignored anxiety/bipolar type issues, and he’s got a very short fuze.

The things ACH is saying shouldn’t be discounted or ignored, nobody’s going to pick the “WWE isn’t racist” hill to die on and there’s even possible gaslighting and poo poo but the guy bottom line needs therapy of some kind. His friends are even pleading for him to get help and he’s burning them too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/ColtCabana/status/1192930342203731969

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In his defence it's a good way to address blanket issues since it's such a broad spectrum

Like, it beats the gently caress out of saying "crazy". That said, yeah he's a dumbass.

Oh yeah, I just meant in a grammatical sense. Mental health conditions/problems/issues/symptoms makes a lot more sense than just "mental health." Mental health is a continuum and it can be positive or negative, just like health in general.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God bless Orange Cassidy :allears:

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Orange Cassidy in AEW rules precisely because he's not loving with kayfabe. He's a dude who acts aloof to piss off heels who take themselves too seriously and you can see from within kayfabe that this dude is clearly enjoying doing that.

It's such a simple gimmick that like Data from Star Trek, only a really talented worker could pull it off. There are so many layers to it.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Orange Cassidy in AEW rules precisely because he's not loving with kayfabe. He's a dude who acts aloof to piss off heels who take themselves too seriously and you can see from within kayfabe that this dude is clearly enjoying doing that.

It's such a simple gimmick that like Data from Star Trek, only a really talented worker could pull it off. There are so many layers to it.

They're doing a great job of not selling his weak offence, and thankfully both he and the fans have no issue with him been booked to look weak.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I wasn't super familiar with him pre-AEW and wasn't really sure where he walks on the like "Chikara line" and if it would be weird. But its totally worked. Cassidy is choosing to act/wrestle that way and everyone around him is either playing along, befuddled, or kicks him in the face.

Also I love Pac.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/TherealRVD/status/1204591314454532096?s=20

Hey man, whatever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

And all this time he's been smoking harmless tobacco!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What the gently caress is he even talking about?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheKingslayer posted:

He probably doesn't know either

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

holy poo poo :vince:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What a burnout

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I wasn't super familiar with him pre-AEW and wasn't really sure where he walks on the like "Chikara line" and if it would be weird. But its totally worked. Cassidy is choosing to act/wrestle that way and everyone around him is either playing along, befuddled, or kicks him in the face.

Also I love Pac.

And when he eventually does snap, it's going to be the greatest pop in the history of wrestling.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I can't wait for OC to finally let it out.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah, I can't wait for OC to finally let it out.

yea man cant wait to lay eyes on that hog

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

boxcarhobo posted:

yea man cant wait to lay eyes on that hog

currently imagining a pig in a jean jacket wearing aviators

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lamuella posted:

currently imagining a pig in a jean jacket wearing aviators
is he undercover or...

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

it's more of a blanket

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Looks like Hager is really pissed that Time didn't go with the Hongkong protesters:

https://twitter.com/RealJakeHager/status/1204796160562618368?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they had Hitler on the cover, Jake, what the gently caress.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you work for the wrong company Ricky:

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1204824522681131008

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Rude of Hager to not give credit to one of his fans for that quote.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What's up with the weird capitalization in the Hagar tweet

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Malcolm Excellent posted:

What's up with the weird capitalization in the Hagar tweet

brain worms

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

TheKingslayer posted:

https://twitter.com/TherealRVD/status/1204589294259601408

He actually isn't mad and is in fact laughing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RVD is a bloated drunk now, who cares about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rvd owns, he's in a poly relationship